The RPM Lantern Corps

Protoman Blues · 151548

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #350 on: December 03, 2009, 03:56:58 AM
So in that sense, a GL can powered up every other colored lanterns, because everything requires willpower, right?

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #351 on: December 03, 2009, 04:00:15 AM
So in that sense, a GL can powered up every other colored lanterns, because everything requires willpower, right?

They don't power the Blue Lantern Ring, they merely have to be present in order for the Blue Ring to fully work.  Actually, the Blue Ring can fuel the Green Ring.

Willpower is the center of the Emotional Spectrum.  It's the balance, and why the Guardians chose to harness that power.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #352 on: December 03, 2009, 04:05:58 AM
By the way, there gonna be Alpha Lanterns in this? (as much as they annoy me in the issues themselves.)

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #353 on: December 03, 2009, 04:06:48 AM
Heh, if someone wants to be an Alpha Lantern, I don't see why they couldn't be part of the roster.

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #354 on: December 03, 2009, 04:09:43 AM
Lol more GL stuff I'm not aware, what is an Alpha lantern?

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #355 on: December 03, 2009, 04:17:19 AM
The Alpha Lanterns are a combination of Green Lantern with Manhunter (robots created by the Guardians to patrol the Universe before the Green Lantern Corps) technology.  They are more powerful than your standard Green Lantern, and were created to essentially police the Green Lantern Corps, making sure they don't breach any of the rule stated in the Book of OA.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #356 on: December 03, 2009, 04:24:21 AM
They are basically Manhunters with sentient thought. (they dont have much emotion)
however, by becoming an alpha lantern you pretty much sacrifice your humanity, (well, you know what I mean- what makes you you) as you not only have a power battery for a heart, but you become more robot than man.
and you get the habit of saying

"No [insert term] escapes the Alpha Lanterns."

They are also dicks.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #357 on: December 03, 2009, 04:30:45 AM
The Alpha Lanterns are a combination of Green Lantern with Manhunter (robots created by the Guardians to patrol the Universe before the Green Lantern Corps) technology.  They are more powerful than your standard Green Lantern, and were created to essentially police the Green Lantern Corps, making sure they don't breach any of the rule stated in the Book of OA.

In that case, mind if someone PMs a scan of an Alpha Lantern? I'm intrested, but before I redesign to fit the theme, I gotta know what these 'bots look like first.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #358 on: December 03, 2009, 04:45:26 AM
In that case, mind if someone PMs a scan of an Alpha Lantern? I'm intrested, but before I redesign to fit the theme, I gotta know what these 'bots look like first.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #359 on: December 03, 2009, 04:48:48 AM
What PB said.
but thats with their faceplates raised. They have power battery skulls just like the manhunters, which they can use to drain power rings.

compare

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #360 on: December 03, 2009, 04:55:17 AM
I see, give me a sec to whip up an Alpha Lantern appearance then, following a story branch on how he got that way (Following a backstory, of course).

EDIT:

"No traitor escapes my sight, I redeem those fools that plan disobedience, I am Alpha Lantern Gaia." Picture makes you wanna run for your life eh? Here's the changes:

- Red gems becomes blue

- The Metallic Blackish Blue becomes Mettalic Green

- Shoulderpads are noticably longer

- Grew another gem on the chest

- Aruas now seemingly become green, and also resembling fire more

Now... for the backstory..

In a middle of a seemingly harmless experiment, this scientists manages to create powerful laser technology before he got caught up in the Green/Black Lantern conflict. He shortly died as a "recruitment oath" by a Black Lantern General, but the general failed at the attempt. Now that spirit manefesting a suit he made before he died during the Black Lantern rampage, during a laser test, is now an Alpha Lantern because of quick desicion, and high risk of treason amongst fellow Lanterns. Using his own laser technology, his primary role is to smite the treacherous, and defective Lanterns in a sector known as RPM. Rumor has it, this Alpha Lantern seems to emit flames of fear and terror during punishment, a trait seemingly frowned upon the Lantern Corps...

Cheesy, but works.  :P

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #361 on: December 03, 2009, 07:07:16 AM
Not to belittle your efforts Gaia, but the origin doesn't quite work for an Alpha Lantern.  The Alpha Lanterns were Green Lanterns with excellent service records and dedication to the Green Lantern Corps.  Those are the ones the Guardians chose to be Alpha Lanterns.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #362 on: December 03, 2009, 07:10:10 AM
As the Power Battery said when Jon Stewart declined... "JON STEWART FORGOES GREAT HONOR." 

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #363 on: December 03, 2009, 07:11:30 AM
Also, you should also try spriting yourself as an Alpha Lantern.  I'm curious to see how it would look.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #364 on: December 03, 2009, 08:10:37 AM
Alpha lanterns are also, pretty much robotic in thought. They have one track minds, which are, mind you- hardwired to the book of Oa. so its take a lantern, strip them of their personality and everything that made them a unique living being, and replace it with manhunter.
They follow the book to the point of fault, and anything the guardians say, goes, no questions asked. no matter what.

Result? they are nothing like their former selves. Its like, if you made PB an Alpha lantern, he wouldnt be so sexcelent anymore. He'd be a broken record about rules rules rules.
also, "NO LANTERN ESCAPES THE ALPHA LANTERNS"

Also, you become a somewhat self righteous prick.
replace Lanterns with whatever you want, traitor, or any other lantern corpsmember etc.
As the Power Battery said when Jon Stewart declined... "JON STEWART FORGOES GREAT HONOR." 
He was the smart one. If I didn't know what the details were, I wouldn't accept either. >.>

Posted on: December 03, 2009, 01:56:21 AM
Hmmm... Yknow, Ive been thinking- PB should really have a scarf to go with the green lantern getup!
Maybe an energy scarf like in command mission!

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #365 on: December 03, 2009, 08:11:44 AM
It would go with my energy shades!  XD

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #366 on: December 03, 2009, 08:12:29 AM
It would. XD It really would. XD

Offline Kit

• #1 wizard of disappearing
  • Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
Reply #367 on: December 03, 2009, 08:13:35 AM
I need to make an avatar for me.
Maybe in SAI or something.
Or hand drawn because I'm lazy with a tablet right now lol

they dont think it be like it is but it do

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #368 on: December 03, 2009, 08:16:08 AM
You could just crop your current Black Lantern Kitsu drawing. 

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #369 on: December 03, 2009, 08:18:58 AM
He was the smart one. If I didn't know what the details were, I wouldn't accept either. >.>

Personally, the Alpha Lanterns seem to be more of a hindrance at times.  The Guardians may be the oldest and wisest beings in the universe, but they seriously don't think [parasitic bomb] through very well.

Offline Kit

• #1 wizard of disappearing
  • Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
Reply #370 on: December 03, 2009, 08:20:33 AM
You could just crop your current Black Lantern Kitsu drawing. 

Nah I think I'll just make a new one.
Because I can.

they dont think it be like it is but it do

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #371 on: December 03, 2009, 08:20:58 AM
Personally, the Alpha Lanterns seem to be more of a hindrance at times.  The Guardians may be the oldest and wisest beings in the universe, but they seriously don't think [parasitic bomb] through very well.

Even Hal told Carol "Never trust a Guardian unless it's Ganthet!"  XD

Nah I think I'll just make a new one.
Because I can.

THAT'LL SHOW ME!   8)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #372 on: December 03, 2009, 08:25:13 AM
Personally, the Alpha Lanterns seem to be more of a hindrance at times.  The Guardians may be the oldest and wisest beings in the universe, but they seriously don't think [parasitic bomb] through very well.
They very effortlessly destroyed Guy and Kyle's plan of letting Vice loose on the Black lanterns, killing Vice because he was out of his cell. BY DECREE OF THE GUARDIANS YOU HEREBY FORFEIT YOUR LIFE. *ZAP*
there goes THAT plan...
of course the one whodunnit got his lantern ripped out subsequently anyway. So thats what he gets for being stupid.
I assume they wouldnt get revived as they have no emotions.

Meh, my favorite robot in GL is Stel.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #373 on: December 03, 2009, 09:35:29 AM
Okay, I've updated the first post with the list of the members of each Corps.  Also, thanx to the sexy & compassionate Quickie, 4 out of 8 Corps each have their own respective banner.  The other 4 should be arriving soon.  

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #374 on: December 03, 2009, 09:41:17 AM
Don't forget the Black Devil!
Added the emblem.