New Super Mario Bros. Galaxy 2 Wii Turbo Edition

HyperSonicEXE · 141674

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #400 on: December 15, 2009, 11:09:49 AM
don't worry Taiyo.  You don't have to be 'old school' just because one generation pushed you further to be a 'gamer' and then you start to focus more attention on the games before that era.

Gaming for me started all the way from NES, but I sucked as [parasitic bomb], so a summary of me back in the day is, "lololol Mario~ jump jump jum...[tornado fang]...WAH!" *turn off*.  I slowly did got better, but only played it bits and bits while I watched my brother beat a game beginning to end (even the times where he got a tad frustrated by some hard segments).

So yeah, I think the first game I actually beated by myself would have to be Super Mario RPG (I think...) and man I felt so good for that, but, I still wasn't super into gaming that i'd read articles of E3 and such.  Only 2 games truly got me into gaming and that FF7 and Pokemon.  Those two gave me the final push and Pokemon also introduced me to emulation because me and my family don't have the means to buy 1 console per generation, so I got my Psx late (I even got my PS2 and DC late, but we don't regret so.).  So emulation was quite a big thing for me back in...whenever Pokemon Red and Blue came out in the NA.

So don't feel out of place Taiyo.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #401 on: December 15, 2009, 06:28:55 PM
(Did you know, L4D2 forces you to go around copying and pasting IPs just to play on a server in your damn country? Seriously, I'm literally entering IPs in the console. It feels old school as [tornado fang]. Just felt I'd bring that up while we were on the subject and all.)
There is a console command for "do not connect to servers with higher ping to me than this", if that's the problem...?

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #402 on: December 16, 2009, 12:24:41 AM
Gaming for me started all the way from NES, but I sucked as [parasitic bomb], so a summary of me back in the day is, "lololol Mario~ jump jump jum...[tornado fang]...WAH!" *turn off*.  I slowly did got better, but only played it bits and bits while I watched my brother beat a game beginning to end (even the times where he got a tad frustrated by some hard segments).
Hey, we were all sucky kids at some point.  I remember when Glass Joe was the only Punch-Out!! opponent I could reliably defeat.

How about simply "gamers"? I started on the PS64 gen so I'm not exactly oldschool :(
I would say that you don't have to be old to be oldschool (X4 certainly qualifies in my book, not to mention all the Mario re-releases and VC stuff).  But whatever you're comfortable with.  Whatever we are, we're not hardcore, but we kick ass.

However, honestly, NSMBW seems to only give trouble to the press because pretty much everywhere I go the praise is unanimous.
That's pretty much it.  The press's "benchmark" for a successful Mario game is Galaxy and they cannot fathom the fact that a game with nowhere near the same level of glitz and glamor is getting equal if not more widespread appeal.  And that's it.  In every Galaxy-to-Bros. comparison they make talking about how Bros. is a letdown, they talk about Galaxy's graphics and orchestrated soundtrack.  Never once about Galaxy's gameplay.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 03:23:09 AM by Hypershell »

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #403 on: December 16, 2009, 12:54:09 AM
There is a console command for "do not connect to servers with higher ping to me than this", if that's the problem...?

Yeah, but manually entering IPs makes me feel way more like some sort of genius hacker, so I stick with that.

The point is that you have to fight with the console in that game. When was the last time you needed to do that? Like, Quake 2 or something. So damn old school.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #404 on: December 16, 2009, 12:59:42 AM
That's pretty much it.  The press's "benchmark" for a successful Mario game is Galaxy and they cannot fathom the fact that a game with nowhere near the same level of glitz and glamor is getting equal if not more widespread appeal.  And that's it.  In every Galaxy-to-Bros. comparison they make talking about how Bros. is a letdown, they talk about Galaxy's graphics and orchestrated soundtrack.  Never once about Galaxy's gameplay.

The press doesn't like remakes. It's not completely "NEW AND EXCITING".

And if you think that's malarky, check out OSS' Famitsu rating and sales in Japan compared to EXE1.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #405 on: December 16, 2009, 01:11:04 AM
How about simply "gamers"? I started on the PS64 gen so I'm not exactly oldschool :(

I started on the SNES, at age 3.  :P

I REALLY want to play NSMBWii, but I might just have to wait till Christmas... :(

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #406 on: December 16, 2009, 01:20:30 AM
In every Galaxy-to-Bros. comparison they make talking about how Bros. is a letdown, they talk about Galaxy's graphics and orchestrated soundtrack.  Never once about Galaxy's gameplay.

Honestly, as much as I absolutely love Galaxy's sountrack, I can't help but feel that it'd be kinda out of place in NSMBW.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #407 on: December 16, 2009, 01:25:54 AM
Honestly, as much as I absolutely love Galaxy's sountrack, I can't help but feel that it'd be kinda out of place in NSMBW.

It's because they are 2 completely different types of games.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #408 on: December 16, 2009, 01:28:29 AM
Exactly, 2 different kinds of games need 2 different types of presentations.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #409 on: December 16, 2009, 07:21:41 AM
And if you think that's malarky, check out OSS' Famitsu rating and sales in Japan compared to EXE1.
Where?

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #410 on: February 15, 2010, 01:34:42 PM

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #411 on: February 20, 2010, 11:25:54 PM
What's this crazy-arse rumor I'm hearing about a Green Hill Galaxy?

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #412 on: February 21, 2010, 03:44:44 PM
Yea, I heard about it on random sites too...

TSSZ News
Destructoid
Nintendolife

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #413 on: February 22, 2010, 01:18:40 AM
Wait, and Sonic playable? Okay, that was believable at a Green Hill Galaxy, but now it's just crazy.

...still, there is a Yoshi that runs fast...

NO. NO, THEY COULDN'T.

I secretly wouldn't mind but it's still...not the proper time or place.

explaining that Sonic will be in a stage called "Green Hill Galaxy."

Now if Sonic were limited to this Galaxy, now that would make sense.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #414 on: February 22, 2010, 01:30:03 AM
Hahahahahaha.  That would be interesting, indeed.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #415 on: February 22, 2010, 01:39:50 AM
It's making more and more sense the more I think of Final Egg SA1's platforming and the Loopdeloop Galaxy being equivalent to a Sonic ground loop.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #416 on: February 24, 2010, 03:51:45 AM

Australia, February 23, 2010 - As part of Nintendo Australia's major announcements today, IGN can confirm that two of Nintendo's most anticipated titles are on their way to Wiis much sooner than originally anticipated.

Both Super Mario Galaxy 2, follow-up to 2007's smash platformer, as well as Metroid: Other M (Team Ninja's take on the seminal sci-fi adventure/platformer) are both due for release between June and August this year.

Nintendo Australia's Greg Arthurton reiterated that both titles were most definitely not holiday season releases. This leaves an interesting vacancy for 'other' major releases over this period, we'd speculate.

This news comes ahead of tomorrow's Nintendo press event being held in the US. IGN US will be in attendance to confirm these details.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/107/1071574p1.html

Please let at least one of them come out before July please let at least one of them come out before July please let at least one of them come out before July please let at least one of them come out before July please let at least one of them come out before July please let at least one of them come out before July.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #417 on: February 24, 2010, 04:13:43 AM
Methinks Mario's getting the honors Tai. Metroid seems to be the late summer/early fall fling going by past releases.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #418 on: February 24, 2010, 04:16:35 AM
Methinks Mario's getting the honors Tai.

That's awesome, I mean, what better birthday present than the sequel to a candidate for game of the forever?

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #419 on: February 24, 2010, 05:50:12 AM
Now all we need is for that Rogue Squadron Wii game rumor to be true, and this is the best year ever.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #420 on: February 24, 2010, 05:51:23 AM
Now all we need is Kirby Wii, and maybe a new Paper Mario and this is the best year ever.

Fixed, for my purposes.  8D

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #421 on: February 24, 2010, 06:48:49 AM
Fixed, for my purposes.  8D

You don't want a Rogue Squadron Wii game?   :(

You know, I wonder if Kirby could be Porkins.   8D

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #422 on: February 24, 2010, 08:53:17 AM
You know, I wonder if Kirby could be Porkins.   8D

All he's gotta do is copy Porkins' abilities! 8D

Mid year, between June and August for Other M? Dang they're fast!
But what's the holiday release? And just what is that Mario game Martinet tweeted about?

C'mon Super Mario All-Stars DS!

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #423 on: February 24, 2010, 09:30:29 AM
Holiday 2010: Zelda.

I thought we had this cleared earlier.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #424 on: February 24, 2010, 03:56:37 PM
Holiday 2010: Zelda.

I thought we had this cleared earlier.

The internet refuses to believe that Mario, Zelda & Metroid can all be out within a year of each other (2002 & 2006 - 2007 be damned). It's as if they're more content to [sonic slicer] about what's not coming out and lacking software lineup rather than read the writing on the wall that Big Boss painted using Aonuma's blood, sweat & tears. XD