New Super Mario Bros. Galaxy 2 Wii Turbo Edition

HyperSonicEXE · 140631

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #350 on: November 30, 2009, 03:53:18 AM
You know, as much as I really don't want to come off as jumping on the internet bitching wagon, it is my sincerest hope that next gen, we get a New! Super Mario Bros. Wii+ with a level builder and online multiplayer. I never realized just how well suited for hilarity competitive multiplayer Mario could be. I'm playing with my brother and since we both have incredibly different playstyles when it comes to Mario platformers, it makes for some of the craziest [parasitic bomb] ever. I can only wonder what it would be like to do this with you guys.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #351 on: November 30, 2009, 04:00:52 AM
Simple, I would be running  and jumping on peoples heads to try and finish the stage without a injury, while everyone else is  screaming "POP MY BUBBLE [sonic slicer]!" While I steer clear of them. I would wish for some online multiplayer and more meat on the mario games, possibly more multiplayer options such as level aditor and online. I mean the 2D platforming Mario isnt going to go stale, the last one was on the SNES and games come and go pretty rfast if you try and think about other types of media. Overall I enjoyed the brief time I had with the game and playing with my less expierienced friends (they can play a mean brawl, but thats about it, no other games besides guitar hero and 3D mario.) as they tried to survive as I ran through msot of the levels pretty easily.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #352 on: November 30, 2009, 04:08:24 AM
I mean the 2D platforming Mario isnt going to go stale, the last one was on the SNES
Wait what?

I got to try the coop mode, and it's fairly entertaining. Lots of these levels weren't really designed with that in mind, I get the feeling, although it amplifies the craziness. Still not quite as good as it's earlier brethren for me, though.

Offline Kit

• #1 wizard of disappearing
  • Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
Reply #353 on: November 30, 2009, 04:09:21 AM
I'm too lazy to read fifteen pages.

I haven't played NSMBW yet.

they dont think it be like it is but it do

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #354 on: November 30, 2009, 04:14:29 AM
I'm too lazy to read fifteen pages.

I haven't played NSMBW yet.

You need to fix this ASAP. Even more so if you have good friends or Peter to screw around with in game. XD

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #355 on: November 30, 2009, 04:14:54 AM
Wait what?

I meant it hasnt been used as an idea pot much, so there is still enough costumes and worlds to keep 2D Mario going.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #356 on: November 30, 2009, 04:16:09 AM
I admit that it's hard to ignore the yearning for online play.  Then again, if one thing will disrupt your runs more than 2-to-4-player craziness, it's 2-to-4-player craziness with lag.

Really, though?  Nintendo needs to step up their online presentation anyway.  Knowing them, even if this was a Wifi title they probably wouldn't include WiiSpeak.  And that's something that, unless they get the brass to release an actual headset, really should have been standard a long time ago.

Brawl is tolerable in that regard due to customized taunts.  But sneaking messages into NSMBWii's controls would be a lot tougher.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #357 on: November 30, 2009, 04:19:20 AM
Is there really any need for telling a person your playing how much they suck? That and " I need that powerup!" or "Pop my bubble!".

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #358 on: November 30, 2009, 04:21:08 AM
I also have to mention that while online would have been a great addition, I'm content to wait until near lagless platforming becomes viable for Nintendo. *Prays for next gen with better online services*

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #359 on: November 30, 2009, 04:23:09 AM
By that time, nintendo will learn how to make next-gen graphics AND motion control. They will also transform the friend codes from 7 digit to 5 digits!

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #360 on: November 30, 2009, 05:01:25 AM
I've been wanting to see more of that since Contra. ::)

100% cleared the game today, 5 sparkly stars.  And I gotta say, to any who are worried about the game not being challenging, World 9-7 will hit you like a Piranha Plant to the testicles.

Haven't we all since Chip & Dale did it so long and awesomely ago! 

Also, the challenge in the game comes from the Multiplayer aspect.  One wrong jump from your teammate, and you die.  Running into someone, you could die.  Having a teammate who liked to throw you in acid/lava/etc. (like me) you could die!  However, that's what makes the game so much fun.  Honestly, playing this game by yourself is nowhere near as much fun as with someone.  This is why I really wish this game had Online Co-Op, and why the next one really must.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #361 on: November 30, 2009, 05:35:33 PM
Goddamn.
That goddamn level.
It's not tough, but enjoy getting your dang Star Coins.

And then watch the Super Skill video.

Which is a misnomer; choreographing and knowledge in advance =/= skill.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #362 on: December 05, 2009, 04:20:50 PM
Is there really any need for telling a person your playing how much they suck? That and " I need that powerup!" or "Pop my bubble!".
If it were Random, hell no.  Amongst Friends, hell yes.  Part of playing with friends is yelling at each other, laughing at deaths, congratulating for cool moves, expressing relief at close calls, cursing for chucking into lava, all that stuff.  Voiceless means disconnected.  That's just the way it is.

Posted on: November 30, 2009, 09:03:00 PM
You know, I replayed the last stage today to see if anything changes after a 100% clear/99 lives.  It doesn't, that I can see.  But you know, as awesome as Bowser is in this game, there is one thing they botched that will probably leave me preferring the DS to rematch the ...

VOICE!!!  Dammit, Bowser is a reptile.  A big, scary, beast.  Okay, so its cute and charming and whatever to have some guy roaring into a mic for party games, but for crying out loud *DO NOT* do that in platformers.  Not here, not in Galaxy.  He should have had the more animal-like SFX.

Rant over.  The game's got it where it counts, there are just some finer points that could have stood some attention.

BTW, I was running through the Hint Videos yesterday.  Some of them are pretty funny.  World 1-3 Super Skills, the three other characters on Yoshis go through the whole stage playing catch with Luigi.  World 3-5 Super Skills, Luigi gets picked on a lot in the opening as the others leave him behind, but he gets the last laugh.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #363 on: December 05, 2009, 07:07:58 PM
But Bowser wants to tell you it's SHOOOOOOOWTIME!

His dialogue from SMB3 to today has always been amusing or contributing. Even in SMS, when the voice was WAY OFF, the content was enjoyable.

Let the man speak, I say.
Hell, let all of them speak. Did anyone even say anything beyond grunts and generic sounds? Mario actually spoke more words in the menus than everyone in the entire game.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #364 on: December 05, 2009, 07:27:56 PM
Mario fully talking (as Charles Martinet) sounds weird and would get annoying extremely fast.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #365 on: December 05, 2009, 07:36:25 PM
Mario fully talking (as Charles Martinet) sounds weird and would get annoying extremely fast.

You're right; Mario imitating Charles Martinet would get annoying.

8D

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #366 on: December 05, 2009, 07:47:54 PM
Smartass or not, it'd still be a horrible move.

To put it into perspective, if you think Sonic is bad now, Mario will be on par with it in a fully speaking role. Same with Link and most other silent protagonists. Samus is the only one that's managed so far to break the barrier with Metroid Other M, though I credit this more to her having a talented voice actress in Jennifer Hale.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #367 on: December 05, 2009, 08:39:45 PM
Does anyone else yell at Peach to simply jump off the ship before you go to the next world?  I mean, SHE CAN HOVER!  XD

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #368 on: December 05, 2009, 09:05:32 PM
She's not too bright in times of a crisis... except that one time in her own game.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #369 on: December 05, 2009, 09:16:07 PM
Does anyone else yell at Peach to simply jump off the ship before you go to the next world?  I mean, SHE CAN HOVER!  XD

I yell at Mario actually XD

"JUMP ON THE [tornado fang]ing SHIP! JR CAN DO IT; WHY THE HELL CAN'T YOU?! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE THE BEST JUMPER IN THE WORLD!"

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #370 on: December 05, 2009, 09:17:00 PM

"JUMP ON THE [tornado fang]ing SHIP! JR CAN DO IT; WHY THE HELL CAN'T YOU?! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE THE BEST JUMPER IN THE WORLD!"

It's clear that there are a lot of people at fault here, yes! 

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #371 on: December 05, 2009, 11:48:58 PM
Hell, he could do it in SMB3. Though it did require an anchor to be down.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #372 on: December 06, 2009, 02:12:27 AM
It's better when he has the propeller suit on. There's almost no excuse there... or how about the times he actually gets on to the ship?

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #373 on: December 06, 2009, 02:15:08 AM
Can you blame Mario for being conflicted on whether or not he WANTS to rescue the princess after all this time?

As for Peach, I still say she's covering her secret relationship with Bowser.  I know her security is incompetent, but a giant cake of unknown origins with Koopaling hair?  Tell me she didn't let that happen.

Even Jr. has the occasional failure with that (I LOLed so much at the end of World 4).

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #374 on: December 06, 2009, 02:31:45 AM
Speaking of people with hops, Bowser in that first form battle puts most of the Mario jumpers to shame. Holy [tornado fang]. XD