Best and Worst Armors?

AquaTeamV3 · 47020

Offline Soultrigger

• Resistance Member
  • Weapon Get!
    • View Profile
Reply #150 on: September 26, 2009, 03:47:45 AM
The reverse suits me much more, swapping weapons on L and dashing on R. Dash L is far too awkward with the D-pad right underneath.
Really? I always associate my left hand with movement (sans the jumping).
I never noticed the convenience of the layout myself until the Zero series. Never again will I need to unnecessarily blister my hands dash-wall-kicking while charging an X-Buster.

Bad Box Art Snake Man Joins the Battle!

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #151 on: September 26, 2009, 04:30:43 AM
I too dash with L ever since Zero.  But R still doesn't feel comfortable for use as an alternate weapon, hence my use of the Switch setup (or moving sub-weapon to X in ZX).  Works fine as a Giga, though. 8)

I was talking about the highest difficulty /hard modes when referring the Xtreme games, meaning their Xtreme modes.
"Xtreme" mode in Xtreme2 is actually a good deal easier than the solo missions; you have both characters from the get-go and twice the Life Ups and Tanks to aid you.

As for Xtreme1, "Normal" and "Hard" are more accurately referred to as parts 1 and 2.  And, again, Xtreme mode simply merges them.

Gareth does crazy damage
He receives as crazy as he gives, oddly.  Gareth is the kind of battle that will likely be short one way or the other.  Kinda like Omega with a normal life gauge in ZX.

Also, HOLY WTF!? That's insane...I should definately get 100% on Legends2 sometime.
If 100% includes weapon upgrades, then yeah, plan to have no life for a long, long time.  You can spend a damn long time camping on Shining Laser alone.

One more thing I like about my namesake: 3rd-level upgrades aren't nearly as insane as most of the others.

if you turn around after your 1st slash, you automatically do the 2nd slash in that direction, I think it was X5/X6 only but I'm not sure.
You're correct, that was new to X5.  You can also turn around after the 2nd slash to perform it twice.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #152 on: September 27, 2009, 12:17:35 AM
I map my Z-Saber & X-Buster to L on my PSP, & the other fire to square. I've been dashing with R ever since I started using them on Zero & ZX games after I tried it on an emulator. To me Capcom just got it backwards.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #153 on: September 27, 2009, 11:58:54 AM
u crazy

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #154 on: September 27, 2009, 12:19:32 PM
I actually prefer using the R button to dash in the Zero/ZX games as well. I've been using my right index finger to dash ever since X1, and it feels awkward to use my left index finger for it.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #155 on: September 27, 2009, 05:47:16 PM
I am not trolling but I do like the Ultimate, Force (X4), X3 Armor and X2 armor.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #156 on: September 27, 2009, 05:56:53 PM
Why would that be taken as trolling?

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #157 on: September 27, 2009, 06:02:07 PM
Because there are many people who forgot that trolling is more than simply disagreeing.

Offline Keno

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #158 on: September 29, 2009, 08:27:53 AM
I like using Force in X5 even when I have the Ultimate Armor for shits & giggles.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #159 on: October 07, 2009, 05:24:40 AM
I have a question if the Ultimate/Omega Armor is supposed to be the be-all-end-all armor, why doesn't it have the same features as the previous armors before it? And will it ever be "completed"?

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #160 on: October 07, 2009, 05:51:25 AM
It has most of the abilities. The important ones, anyway. I don't hear anyone complaining that it doesn't have Item Tracer, or the map from X3, or god forbid X3's overlapping double charge. And some of its abilities are better than the alternatives. Who needs double air dash when you got Nova Strike?

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #161 on: October 07, 2009, 08:17:46 PM
Nova Strike pretty much covers the distance of a second air dash doesnt it? plus you can do it off a dash jump.
Ultimate armor has what it needs. Hover may be of little use, but its there if you need it. plasma buster is always good, (better than the Blade Armor's wannabe version, which OCCASIONALLY leaves a trail) Infinite Nova Strike, and the basic half damage. Plus, it looks cool.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #162 on: October 08, 2009, 02:16:04 AM
Then why doesn't have the abilities of the other armors post X4-X6?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #163 on: October 08, 2009, 02:18:22 AM
It doesnt need them? Plus that would be TOO broken.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #164 on: October 08, 2009, 02:21:39 AM
Indeed.  The Ultimate Armor is not a merger of other armors, it's simply the most powerful.  Being the strongest does not mean that others have no unique traits, however Ultimate does have most all of its grounds covered ability-wise.  Its buster rocks all socks without increasing charge time, and Nova Strike takes you wherever you want to go.  The only thing I thought Ultimate ever lacked ability-wise was some sort of Z-Saber effect in X6.  I mean, Max Armor got the wave way back in X3, so even if it wasn't designed for the saber like Blade and Shadow were, Ultimate should have had SOMETHING.

In X8 Ultimate Armor did get a "best of both" feel as it combined several abilities from both Hermes and Icarus.  Really could have used Hermes's quick charge, though.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #165 on: October 08, 2009, 02:45:41 AM
X8's Plasma Shot sucked, though. But in exchange, built in Shoryuken.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #166 on: October 08, 2009, 02:53:07 AM

It did?  I loved it, personally; this was the first time since X4 in which the Plasma Shot actually did residual damage on a boss.  The annoying 'ping' sound that plagued X5-6 is nowhere to be seen.  The Shoryuken is nice as a finisher, as you'll normally take damage as it doesn't have X2's invincibility frames.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #167 on: October 08, 2009, 02:55:30 AM
Well, that's WHY it needed the quick-charge.  X8's Plasma just can't compare to the near Ultimate Buster badassedness of Hermes Head + Icarus Arm.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #168 on: October 08, 2009, 06:48:22 AM
Plus the X8 Shoryuken doesnt have X go off to the side a bit when he does it, he just does it straight up off the ground. I liked Zero's Shoryuken better. it was ice based and froze minor enemies.

Nova Strike takes you wherever you want to go.
Its a combination of an attack, and a way to "travel" so to speak. Because if we look at 4th's NS, it didnt cover much ground.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #169 on: January 26, 2010, 10:36:57 PM
X1 Armor is still the best. Also had the coolest X-Buster. X8 would have been nice if it wasn't for that collar.

About X3 I can only say this: Worst buster in the whole series.

Agreed. ~w~

Offline Stardius

• Lazy and overall passive
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #170 on: January 26, 2010, 10:46:57 PM
I really liked X5 Falcon Armor, only gripe I have about it is that fully charged buster shots were really small.
On the flipside I never really used Gaea Armor much.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #171 on: January 26, 2010, 10:52:22 PM
The best X-Armors for me personally are the Light Armor (X1), Giga Armor (X2), Force/Fourth Armor (X4/X5), Ultimate Armor (X4), Falcon Armor (X5), and Gaea Armor (X5).
The Light Armor was just simple upgrades and you had the ability to HADOUKEN your enemies. Giga Armor has arguably the best X-Buster in the series because you get to do a lot of damage to with shots (which is why it returns in Mega Man ZX in Biometal/Livemetal X) and there's SHORYUUKEN. I like the Force Armor in X5 over X4's because you get the Plasma Buster and it matches with the entire armor unlike in X4 were it looks like it goes better with the Ultimate Armor. On the subject of Ultimate Armor, I like X4's color scheme the best; I didn't like the all-black Ultimate Armor in X6. Falcon Armor = Flight. Need I say more? And the Gaea Armor's Gaea Buster just owns bosses because you get to spam charge shots like crazy.

The worst armors in my opinion are the Max Armor (X3) because the Dust Buster handles worse than a vacuum and the Shadow Armor because I felt like this was the only armor that can get through Gate's Lab 1 no problem, its a lamer version of Gaea, and the X-Buster is just useless.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #172 on: January 27, 2010, 01:10:20 AM
Agreed. ~w~

This is the second time now I'm warning you about necroposting. Don't post in a month-old thread unless it's important to the topic. If you do it another time, action will be taken.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #173 on: January 27, 2010, 04:12:15 PM
This is the second time now I'm warning you about necroposting. Don't post in a month-old thread unless it's important to the topic. If you do it another time, action will be taken.

I didn't know this was a month old... :<

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #174 on: January 27, 2010, 10:52:27 PM
It's actually a few months old. The last reply in this thread was in October.

« Reply #168: October 07, 2009, 23:48:22 »

The timestamp is at the top of ever post. And each thread shows when the last post was made. Open your eyes a bit more from now on.