The Nintendo DSi Thread

Ephidiel · 45688

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
To be fair, there is NOTHING official about a portable Virtual Console.  It's just rabid speculation for which Nintendo will likely have to answer to a crowd of torches and pitchforks if they don't follow through.

Hence "possible" when I noted it.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
I realize that.  I'm just throwing a word of caution out there.  EVERYONE talks about the possibility of a "Virtual Handheld", but that doesn't mean jack squat unless Nintendo acts on it.  And there are plenty of "inevitable" moves that people insisted Nintendo MUST do, yet they never actually do.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: February 19, 2009, 01:41:07 AM

Australia, 19 February, 2009 – Nintendo Australia announces that Nintendo DSi™ - an upgrade to the Nintendo DS® hand held console - will hit shelves in Australia and New Zealand, and you can get your hands on one on 2 April 2009. Nintendo DSi has something for everyone, containing more functions to bring you more fun! Keep a photo diary via your Nintendo DSi Camera; store and play music with Nintendo DSi Sound; or why not browse the web on your Nintendo DSi via the Nintendo DSi Shop! New features include larger LCD screens, SD memory card slot, improved speakers and a slimmer unit.

Take photos with your Nintendo DSi Camera and manipulate and play with the images - real-time interactive imaging software makes the photo taking experience different from that offered by any other portable device. With 11 different types of lenses to choose from, edit, morph and distort your photos. You can even use the merge lens to blend two faces together! Watch slideshows of your photos, store your photos on your Nintendo DSi and exchange photos with other Nintendo DSi users. Store and play music with Nintendo DSi Sound. You can also play with any music that you have on an SD memory card – make your favourite songs play faster! Learning a foreign language? Slow down the playback of someone speaking in that language so it’s easier for you to learn! You can also record sounds using the microphone, and edit them to create new sounds.

Get your Nintendo DSi online via the Nintendo DSi Browser which will be available as a free download at launch. You can then purchase Nintendo DSi software via the Nintendo DSi Shop. By purchasing a Nintendo Points Card – formerly a Wii Points Card - you can then use your points to download software – Nintendo DSiWare - in the Nintendo DSi Shop. Nintendo DSiWare will be available in four different price categories: free, 200 points, 500 points, and 800 or more points. Nintendo DSiWare will not only be games you can download, but also practical applications. Nintendo will launch a variety of applications, giving you the option to download the applications that work for you. This will further personalise and enhance the functionality of your Nintendo DSi. The new features also include the dual LCD screens being 17 per cent larger than those on the Nintendo DS and PictoChat is now available in colour as you can choose between a black or rainbow pen! Nintendo DS software is compatible with Nintendo DSi, except for software that requires the Game Boy Advance cartridge slot, as this has been removed resulting in a slimmer Nintendo DSi.

Available in matte black or matte white, inclusive of built in memory, Wi-Fi functionality, calendar with memo function and touch screen, Nintendo DSi is a more portable, personalised experience.

It’s your Nintendo DSi.

AU SRP $299.95 / NZ SRP $375.00 (NZ price is based on current exchange rate)

For more information on Nintendo DSi, please visit: http://gamesites.nintendo.com.au/DSi

How much is that in dollars?

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Wow I can't believe it's coming that fast I might save up to get one maybe if I'm lucky other colors may come out, if not I'll just get the blue.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Wow I can't believe it's coming that fast I might save up to get one maybe if I'm lucky other colors may come out, if not I'll just get the blue.

Oh, there will definitely be other colors.  It's a Nintendo Handheld!  It's damn near like Skittles!

Posted on: February 19, 2009, 06:17:07
HEY EUROPE! You're getting it before us too!   8)

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Crap. Everyone else (Japan and Europe) gets white and black on release days, and we get funky blues. -_-.

They'll probably end up giving us white later on in the years, but I'd rather have them release white first to stay along with everyone else.

Offline Sparky

• Игра закончена
  • A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
I know which color I'll get in the future: Red. 8D

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Crap. Everyone else (Japan and Europe) gets white and black on release days, and we get funky blues. -_-.

They'll probably end up giving us white later on in the years, but I'd rather have them release white first to stay along with everyone else.

To that I say:
For once we get acolor the Japanese don't and there are still complaints? Blue DSi>White DSi anyways :P

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Blue DSi>White DSi anyways :P

Dark Blue > Light Blue.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Dark Blue > Light Blue.

You've won this round for now. XD

*Wonders why no one has released a sapphire, cobalt, or azure colored DS*

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile

cause Ninty doesn't see in shades. there's blue, and there's nonblue.

i'm perfectly fine with black, by the way.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
*sees the sexcellent blue color*

Dammit...now me buying this increased to 51%....dammit.

Offline Crimson Lightning

• Hows the weather look today?
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Not too bad
    • View Profile
Dark Blue > Light Blue.
You've won this round for now. XD

i like dark blue also the azure sounds cool if they come with that one i'll get that one

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
I know which color I'll get in the future: Red. 8D

Seconded, also I will probably have to wait 4 years to even get a DSi, just like with my DS lite. ::)

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
I dunno what I'm going to do if there winds up being WiiVC games on the DSiVC, if it has one.

Scream, possibly? Curse the money I've spent? 'Cause, really, why pay for, say, SMB3 on the Wii when you can have SMB3 for your DS and take it with you anywhere?

For the big screen experience? Pfft.

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
All this means is that I can get a DS Lite because people will be trading them in for this piece of [parasitic bomb] fine nintendo hardware.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
All this means is that I can get a DS Lite because people will be trading them in for this piece of [parasitic bomb] fine nintendo hardware.

Considering there are already DSes out there, I'd pretty much say the DSi's value is tied into the following:
~Does it have a VC of some sort? (70%)
~Does it allow multiplayer via wireless connections? (20%)
~Does it allow for online multiplayer of said VC games? (10%)

And before anyone asks, I just checked:
System registrations do not give you Coins for Club Nintendo.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Needs more Rhythm Tengoku love plz~ Also the NDS version.

Back when both the games for GBA and NDS came out, I 100% them. I have wonderful rhythm skills. ^^

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline TeaOfJay

• Resident Talking Tea Cup/ Lazy Super Hero
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!
    • View Profile
I'm not quite sure the DSi will be worth the $170 it's going for at the moment.

Unless Nintendo is planning a big game to go with the release of the DSi, which I'm kind of inclined to doubt at the moment. >.>

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Scream, possibly? Curse the money I've spent? 'Cause, really, why pay for, say, SMB3 on the Wii when you can have SMB3 for your DS and take it with you anywhere?
Welcome to my world upon deciding that I liked Four Swords (when I can coax my brother into playing, anyway).

For the big screen experience? Pfft.
The reason I bought SMB1 on VC, although to be honest "big" relative to the GBC screen is enough of a difference for it to be worth it.

Still wish they could have kept the later Luigi colors, though...

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Slash Man

• Resistance Member
  • NES Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Mega Stuff
I'm selling my brand-new DS lite, which I pimped out with protectors and styluses galore, I even have the original box n' stuff.

Offline TeaOfJay

• Resident Talking Tea Cup/ Lazy Super Hero
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!
    • View Profile
Apparantly, the original DSi design was supposed to have two DS card slots, but wasn't well recieved because it would have been bigger.

That sounds ten times better than the version that Nintendo went with.

Although Nintendo forgets how the DS Phat still outsold the PSP even with it being slightly bulkier.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
...Why 2 DS card slots?

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
...Why 2 DS card slots?

One's a DS card slot, the other is for SD memory cards a la the Wii.