Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #325 on: June 10, 2010, 04:48:09 PM
I sure would like to see them sketched.
At a price of keeping my soul. D:

Anyways, Asmodai seems like the "nicest" one of the lot...

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Genderifically Confuzzled
  • Master's Unit
  • MAKE LOVE FOR MY KITTENS
    • View Profile
Reply #326 on: June 10, 2010, 05:32:21 PM
Nicest? Hahah, oh no, not at all! He's nice to his minions, sure, but that's because they're all violent booze-hounds like he is. He hunts outsiders like animals when he's bored, if he doesn't blow them to smithereens outright. That and he has enough firepower in one arm to level a city block or raze a whole forest in one go. =P

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #327 on: June 10, 2010, 05:43:00 PM
Comparing that with the others...
He still seems the "nicest" one. XD

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #328 on: June 10, 2010, 08:00:21 PM
Fair enough, so. I guess you could say that!

Anyway, here's the first batch of the afterlife's denizens.

Quote from: The Afterdark
Requiem

The king of the Afterdark, he is the one who oversees the souls of the sinful. He comes across as cold and distant, though in actuality he is quite a nice person, far from the evil being he is often interpreted as. He seems offended by the belief that he is an evil or sinister person. He is very strict towards the souls in the Afterdark and holds little to no remorse for them. He considers them wrong-doers who deserve to be punished for their sins. He employs and is the superior of Dirge and Nocturne. Though he is the counterpart and brother of Serenade, the two rarely speak to eachother.

Nocturne

The emissary of the Afterdark, he is the one who collects the souls of the dead. He is a raven-man who is always followed by a flock of ravens, who are tasked with carrying the soul to the afterlife. He is a cool and level-headed individual who has a whimsical wit about him. He is quite fond of mortals, and since he spends a lot of time in the world of the living, he is able to see them regularly. Unlike his master, he doesn't hold sinners with contempt at all. He is totally loyal to his master and gladly does his job without question. His counterpart is Sonata.

Dirge

The ferryman of the Afterdark, he sails the souls of the sinful across the River of Sorrow. He is known as "The Glum Reaper" because of his melancholic nature. He tends to ramble on while he rows his boat, often talking about the afterlife, his job and having to work with the dead all the time. Though he is in a perpetual state of gloom, he doesn't have a problem with his job - it's just his personality. He is sympathetic to the dead souls, even though they are sinners, and doesn't judge them for their actions in life. He has very poor luck, or so he always says. His counterpart is Harmony.

These three belong to the Afterdark, the afterlife where wicked and sinful souls go. The Afterdark is a vast, almost barren land full of withered trees, gravestones, twisted landscapes, bones and pools of sinister red water. It's always night here, and the moon is always full and covered by hazy fog. However, despite what some people might expect, it isn't a place of punishment - rather, the wicked souls spend their afterlives here in a dark, dreary and miserable place with no hope of escape. Only people who really and truly repent and aren't beyond salvation can have a chance of going to the Afterlight.

Coming up next - the overseers of the Afterlight.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #329 on: June 11, 2010, 02:20:59 AM
Glum Reaper... Hehe... XD

These batch is definitely a lot nicer, and again, love the descriptions. :3

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #330 on: June 11, 2010, 02:54:27 PM
And here we go, it's the Afterlight!

Quote from: The Afterlight
Serenade

The queen of the Afterlight, she is the one who oversees the souls of the virtuous. She is a warm, loving and caring woman who is known for her grace and motherly personality. She oversees her realm fairly and tenderly and ensures there is peace and happiness for all. Unlike her brother and counterpart Requiem, She believes in giving everyone a second chance, no matter how wicked they were in life, and gladly accepts repentors from the Afterdark into her realm. She always looks at the good in people and believes it is more important than the bad. She employs and is the superior of Sonata and Harmony.

Sonata

The emissary of the Afterlight, she is the one who collects the souls of the virtuous. She is a dove-woman who is always followed by a flock of doves, who are tasked with carrying the souls to the afterlife. She is charming, whimsical and good-natured. She considers the world of the living a fascinating place and is happy that her job allows her to be there a lot. Like her mistress, she cares greatly for the souls she collects and is sad to see the wicked ones being sent to the Afterdark. She is like a daughter to her mistress. Her counterpart is Nocturne.

Harmony

The ferrywoman of the Afterlight, she sails the souls of the virtuous across the River of Joy. She is a perpetually upbeat, cheerful and optimistic person who loves her job, her friends, her co-workers and her mistress dearly. She is something of a scatterbrain, easily distracted by things and often going off into silly tangents while talking, though she means well. As she spends most of her time sailing across the river, she has a lot of time to think and tends to make strange and amusing observations. She treats Sonata like a sister. Her counterpart is Dirge.

These three belong to the Afterlight, the place where the sins of the good and virtuous go. The Afterlight is a vast, luxurious land full of shining white an golden buildings, silver trees, sparkling streams and rivers and an enormous and grandiose garden and fountain at the very centre of it all. It is always day here, and the sun always shines over the peaceful and serene landscape. Here the souls of the virtuous are "rewarded" with an afterlife of luxury, comfort and bliss. The people here can either choose to remain here for as long as they desire, or they can choose to have their souls reincarnated and returned to the world of the living to start a new life once more. Souls in the Afterdark who honestly repent have a chance to come here.

Just one more to go now - those we fall in between, the people of the Aftermid!

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #331 on: June 11, 2010, 02:58:52 PM
... Aftermid? o_O
Sounds like limbo to me... @_@

And man... This 3... The nicest of them all, cheery, loving, good-natured... Yea~

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #332 on: June 11, 2010, 03:10:29 PM
Yep yep. You really know how to write bios..unlike others *coughmecough*

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #333 on: June 11, 2010, 10:10:57 PM
Taking a short break from updating the bios to flex the old poetry muscles.

Spend your days on the same track
Running ever onwards to the same finishing line
Once you start, it's over, there's no turning back
Your world is cold, listen to the beat of your dieing soul

Why do we keep on running?
We think we'll get there if we keep it fast
What's the point in keeping it up?
When nice guys always finish last

You think you see a glimmer on the horizon
Just another lie to keep you in your cage
You'll fall
You'll trip
You'll break your neck
See them laugh
See them cry
See them watch you when you die
See your world come spinning
See the end as a dead beginning

And yet you keep on running all the same
Maybe life's a chore, maybe it's just a game
We fall to pick ourselves up
We fail to make ourselves better
You can't win them all, got to choose your victories
When it matters it matters
So keep running
Running
Running
Maybe you'll get there in the end
Just keep on running, my friend

We'll always we keep on running
Maybe we will get there if we keep it fast
We'll find a point to keep it up
Nice guys don't always finish last

It's not very good, more a stream-of-conscience thingy than what I usually do, but I thought I'd try this style out anyway. Hope you like it! ^w^

Offline Magnus Ragnar

• Persona 3/4 Addicted
  • Resistance Member
  • A Fool Named Fortune: Reshuffled
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Account!
Reply #334 on: June 11, 2010, 10:53:38 PM
While your Poetry is probably good(hurr hurr i'm not a poetic person and a poor judge of such things), I miss your artwork. that stuff was really good. Of course i'm too lazy to backtrack through your entire thread to see if you've made any recent art things so yea.

plzdunthurtmeyoutoldmetoposthere D:

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #335 on: June 11, 2010, 10:58:26 PM
I know, I know. I kinda miss my art as well, but unfortunately, I lack a scanner that I can use whenever I want. I only have access to one every so often, and even then it's not very easy to get to use whenever I need it. TwT

Still, thanks for commenting.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #336 on: June 12, 2010, 04:51:37 AM
Did I just see a Magnus? D:

Anyways, that's so true of how the real world is...
The harsh reality. ;_;

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #337 on: June 12, 2010, 08:38:11 PM
And here we go, the final two characters of the afterlife, those who belong to neither the above or the below - the Aftermid.

Quote from: The Aftermid
Intermedio

The judge of the deceased souls, he is the one who decides where they go ultimately. He resides in and is the de-facto master of the Aftermid, the realm between the Afterlight and the Afterdark where the souls wait while their actions in life are examined and weighed. Souls who were totally virtuous in life go straight to the Afterlight, while souls who were totally sinful in life go straight to the Afterdark. Those who were a bit of both or somewhere in between must wait longer. Intermedio is absolutely neutral, unbiased and fair - he holds neither contempt nor sympathy for the souls he is judging and does his duty as he is supposed to.

Ilumi

The girl who oversees the Firefly Shrine, she is a gentle and enigmatic young lady. The souls of people who died before their time or in tragic circumstances are, of course, missed dearly by their families - it was her suggestion that they be allowed to come here so their memories will never fade. When a person suffers a tragic fate, their family's love allows a part of their soul to stay in the world of the living in the form of an ever-glowing firefly. In this way, they are never forgotten, and they can still be with their family in spirit. The Shrine itself borders between the world of the living and the dead, and as such no harm will come to anybody who stays there. Legend has it that it was her dying wish to have something built in rememberance of souls lost to tragedy, and her family built the Shrine to honour this last request.

The Aftermid itself is described as "the celestial waiting room". The souls of the deceased wait while their deeds in life are scrutinised and their final judgement is given. This is usually a fairly quick process - for an "ordinary" person, it might take a few hours to a day, while for a more complicated person, it could take days, weeks or even months before they are judged.

The Firefly Shrine, while not technically part of the Intermid, is not part of the Afterlight or the Afterdark, and hence it falls "in between". The souls are still judged and sent to their respective afterlife, but a special exemption is made to compensate for them being taken before their time. In this mythos, while doves are considered blissful and just and ravens are considered sombre and ominous, fireflies are considered both tragic and comforting. Because they are never to be forgotten, the souls in the Firefly Shrine never stop glowing.

Well, now that that's done, I think I'll move onto something else. Stay tuned to see just what it is. I'm also taking requests, so if somebody wants a poem or biography, feel free to message me!

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #338 on: June 12, 2010, 11:37:32 PM
Splendid as ever.

Offline Magnus Ragnar

• Persona 3/4 Addicted
  • Resistance Member
  • A Fool Named Fortune: Reshuffled
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Account!
Reply #339 on: June 13, 2010, 01:33:18 AM
Did I just see a Magnus? D:

To answer you quest, Yes you did! HAI RPM!

Back on topic, lack of scanner is fail. Still, you could always resort to using a Webcam or digital camera. I did that for a while. o3o

Offline DarkWaltz

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Magic bananas!
    • View Profile
    • DarkWaltz's DeviantArt Page
Reply #340 on: June 13, 2010, 01:47:57 AM
Alice... the characters sound awesome and I suddenly have an urge to draw them. Particularly Sonata. >w>

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #341 on: June 13, 2010, 04:57:00 AM
Ilumi... I really like the concept of her shrine... O^O

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #342 on: June 26, 2010, 04:44:49 PM
Alice... the characters sound awesome and I suddenly have an urge to draw them. Particularly Sonata. >w>

Aww, thank you! I would love that! I only have a vague idea what any of them look like, though, but if you really want to draw her, feel free ^w^

Ilumi... I really like the concept of her shrine... O^O

Hahah, I thought you might. ;P

Posted on: June 13, 2010, 10:36:02 AM
The birds in the sky
Do nothing but cry
When they find out why
God made them: to die.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #343 on: June 26, 2010, 04:47:23 PM
Darnit... But so very true.
Therefore... CRY TO YOUR FULLEST!

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #344 on: June 27, 2010, 12:47:55 AM
[spoiler]It was twenty years, five months, eight days, twelve minutes and fifty-two seconds ago that the world as I knew it came to an end.

I didn't know that before. But now, looking back on it, I can remember clearly that that's when it happened. Right down to the second. That's when it happened. But back then, I was like everybody else: blind, deaf and lame. Just like everyone else, I had no idea it had even happened.

Nobody understood what happened, how or why, and nobody knows when. Nobody except me. Even back then, I could still remember bits and pieces from the day - images burned into my mind, flashing and leering into the back of my eyes when I closed them.

Frames of panicked masses running and screaming; old men in greasy coats screaming about the end being nigh; the ground shuddering and cracking like an eggshell; crude black veins etching themselves across the sickly-blue sky; pieces of land and artifices, trees and office blocks, grass and roads, melting into empty holes in their space.

What I remembered most was the sight of one man losing his balance, watching his lifeless body slump to the floor, followed by another man. Then a woman. Then more and more. One by one, and soon in dozens, hundreds, thousands, the frenzied denizens hit the floor, no life in them, like someone just hit the off switch for a mass human consciousness. It was a hideous and haunting sight, the image of a mangled city block littered with lifeless human bodies. The next - the last - thing I remember is a bright green light flooding my vision, drowning me in a sea of neon green.

And that was it.

When I finally woke up, I was an empty shell. I couldn't sense anything at all. Once my sight came back I found out I was in a small room, kind of a grey-white colour, lieing upwards on a metal bed with a lamp above me playing hell with my retinas. But that came later. Right then and there, everything was dark, silent, hollow and empty.

No real memories of who I was, where I came from. All I felt, all that was in me - besides the mother of all migraines - were those images. I could see them, and they gnawed at the recesses of my mind ever since. I couldn't remember my own name, let alone anything else about myself, except those images.

It took a while before I was able to do anything, even move my arms and legs at all. My senses came back first; slowly but surely, I could make out sights, sounds, tastes, smells and feelings. Next my speech returned, though it was initially slurred and stuttering, and I had to physically force the words out most of the time. Pretty soon I was able to lift my arms and legs, then not long after I could support my own body on two feet. Eventually I managed to walk - albeit limply - and regain my main motor functions.

I don't know how long it took. Could have been days, weeks, months. Could even have been a year or two. When at last I returned to as close to my old self as I could get, they ran some tests to make sure I was alright, and then they finally let me go. Back out I went to the real world, with only a mumbling inkling that there would be nothing left for me.

Well, let me tell you, I couldn't have been more wrong on that one.

The first thing I noticed when I got out of that place was how bright the outside world was. I had forgotten about the sun and what real light was like after being in that place for so long. And then, fresh air. I can't tell you how good it felt to finally breathe it in. It was like a newborn baby taking their first breath.

Immediately after that I saw the world - the real world - for what it was really like. The trees, the sky, the grass, the clouds, the flowers. People wandered by and sat in the park, talking amongst themselves, playing, relaxing, enjoying life. How I envied their carefree nature. I wanted to be just like that.

I wondered if this was how the world looked before it ended. Still, the human mind works in mysterious ways. Even with those images scorched permanently into the backburner of my psyche, in my fascination with the world around me, it didn't take long before I completely forgot about the event at all.

Soon enough, things went back to normal. Somehow, my subconcious mind managed to keep the memories of that day at bay, and I never questioned it again. I settled down in a new house, got a job, made some friends. I started a whole new life, completely forgetting that, at some point in time, I used to be somebody else. I used to have a different life. I used to live in a different world. Somehow I forgot all that.

Somehow, I forgot what it was to exist.

It was a very strange time.

>> RUN_PROGRAM: GOD.EXE
>> INITIALISING
>> RUNNING_PROGRAM: GOD.EXE

HELLO.

IN THE COURSE OF YOUR MORTAL LIFE, YOU WILL BREATHE ON AVERAGE ROUGHLY 672,48,000 TIMES. EVERY WAKING MOMENT OF EVERY DAY OF YOUR LIFE IS A NEW EXPERIENCE. YOU WILL EXPERIENCE NEW SIGHTS, SOUNDS, SMELLS, TOUCHES AND TASTES, MANY OF WHICH YOU WILL BE COMPLETELY UNAWARE OF. YOU WILL MEET NEW PEOPLE. YOU WILL GROW OLD. PERHAPS YOU WILL MARRY AND PRO-CREATE AS HUMANS ARE KNOWN TO DO. YOU MAY FEEL HAPPY, ANGRY, SAD, PENSIVE, MELANCHOLIC, ENVIOUS, ENAMOURED, EMBITTERED, SCORNFUL, ECSTATIC, CONFUSED OR MAY LACK A FEELING OF EMOTION ALTOGETHER.

NONE OF THIS IS IMPORTANT.

YOU ARE HUMAN.

WELCOME TO YOUR NEW LIFE.

ENJOY YOURSELF.

>> CLOSE_PROGRAM: GOD.EXE
>> PROGRAM_CLOSED

People are rarely surprised when they learn I am physically female. Personally, it doesn't make a difference to me. I am neither an effeminate, elegant and graceful woman, nor am I a stubborn, brash, masculine tomboy. As far as I'm concerned, gender is an arbitrary and illusionary distinction based solely on one's physical appearance. My gender is unimportant to me. I am neither a man nor a woman, male nor female, despite what my body might say: I am a human, and that is all.

I say this because something I very quickly learned about my new life was the insistence of certain men to impose their biological obligations upon me. These men, whom I will refrain from assigning a name to, seem irreparably convinced that it is their God-given duty to pro-create and increase the human population, regardless of what their evolutionary mate thinks.

In other words, I have horny guys flirting with me a lot and it's getting very tiring, very quickly.

Let me just say that I'm not the best-looking girl in the world. Shoulder-length blonde hair, hazel eyes, average figure. Nothing special. Apparently, though, these aformentioned men take that as an invitation to come on over and hit on me as they please.

Maybe they think I'm "easy". Maybe they do it with every girl they meet.

Human nature is something I have yet to fully grasp.

>> INITIALISING

STOP.

CONSIDER.

ALWAYS BE WATCHING. ALWAYS BE AWARE.

STRIP AWAY THE LEVELS OF AWARENESS AND FIND THE CORE OF THE APPLE.

DELICIOUS.

>> PROGRAM_CLOSED[/spoiler]

Offline Dantonumanoa Ongdolota Amycronicon

• Unwholesome, unsavory and unintelligible
  • Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #345 on: June 27, 2010, 04:35:20 AM
I think the meaning escapes me, but it is a good read nonetheless.

I put on my [twin slasher] face.

I also go by Spectro D., Idylleaus, Malabar, and Dumb-bit Twofuck.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #346 on: June 27, 2010, 09:25:23 AM
Great read there... I like your view on the gender binary (or the fallacy of it) in the last part. Nicely done! ^_^

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #347 on: June 27, 2010, 02:57:37 PM
What's the purpose of life... Why are we given life...

At first I thought there was some form of alien abduction going on, then a sort of Flash Forward.
Really does make you think...

Offline ST Jestah

• Procastinator Extraordinair
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Just chilling in the Nexus.
    • View Profile
Reply #348 on: June 27, 2010, 10:05:06 PM
That was a great read. Like NSFW said, it does make you think about what is life.

Really liked that apple part at the end.

Delicious.

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #349 on: June 27, 2010, 11:19:52 PM
Oh, that's not the end. Far from it. Here's some more.

[spoiler]I used to spend a lot of my time on my computer, back when I was normal. At first it was for strictly work-related affairs. I worked as a courier for a pretry large delivery company, so having a computer was useful for tasks like keeping an inventory of stock, storing a database of customers and clients, that kind of thing. I got used to it pretty quickly. Everybody in this day and age has a computer, you see, so they're designed to be convenient and comfortable for even the most technophobic neo-Luddite.

Gradually, though, I became more and more interested in using it casually. I would come home from work and just start browsing idly, letting my fingers and mind wander as I explored whatever there was to offer. Soon I became involved in online communication. I discovered there were virtual gathering places of commerce and communication - "chatrooms" - people like me could join. I was able to talk to people from anywhere in the world, at any time I chose. The concept utterly fascinated me.

What an age I lived in.

It was about two months after my return to normalcy that I first spoke to him. I was browsing a chatroom, one of my usual online haunts, which happened to be totally empty. As I sat there, wondering if anybody intended to join, a small message appeared at the bottom of the screen.

AllTooHuman88 has joined.

It was a name I was unfamiliar with. Still, I decided, it would be best to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume the best.

MissTechno says:
   hello
AllTooHuman88 says:
   Hello.
MissTechno says:
   are you new here?
AllTooHuman88 says:
   Pardon?
MissTechno says:
   I mean do you come to this chatroom often?
AllTooHuman88 says:
   Oh. No, this is my first time. A friend reccomended it to me.
MissTechno says:
   I see
AllTooHuman88 says:
   It's a bit quiet here, isn't it? lol
MissTechno says:
   I suppose it is. what does lol mean?
AllTooHuman88 says:
   It means "laugh out loud". It's a slang word.
MissTechno says:
   oh. sorry I'm new to online chat
AllTooHuman88 says:
   Don't worry, you'll get used to it.
MissTechno says:
   yeah
AllTooHuman88 says:
   You have an interesting screen name.
MissTechno says:
   thanks
AllTooHuman88 says:
   Can I ask what it means?
MissTechno says:
   I like techno music
AllTooHuman88 says:
   Oh, I see. Do you have an e-mail address?
MissTechno says:
   yeah
AllTooHuman88 says:
   Would you like to swap adresses? Mine is zarathustra @ italk.com.
MissTechno says:
   okay mine is misstechno @ italk.com
AllTooHuman88 says:
   Okay, I'll add you to my contacts. I ought to get going now, though. How about we talk again sometime?
MissTechno says:
   okay. see you later
AllTooHuman88 says:
   lol See you later. ;)

AllTooHuman88 has left.

And that was my first meeting with him. It was by no means my last.

I signed off for the night and went to bed.

>> INITIALISING

IF YOU ARE READING THIS.

KNOW I AM WATCHING YOU.

I SEE ALL.

ALWAYS BE AWARE.

>> PROGRAM_CLOSED[/spoiler]