The Official Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver Discussion Thread

Jericho · 428538

Archer

Reply #2050 on: August 01, 2010, 08:43:50 AM
I still need to get the Enigma Stone in my SS.

Same. :v

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #2051 on: August 02, 2010, 09:52:53 AM
Same. :v

I want it but my Wi-fi is being a [sonic slicer].

Also, beat the [parasitic bomb] out of red. I pussied out and transferred all my good Pokemon from Platinum (Two Rayquaza's, the Starters, Kyogre.) to my SoulSilver.

What Kanto starter should i choose, I picked Totodile for my Actual Starter. so i'm thinking either Charmander or Bulbasaur.
Getting a Hoenn Starter won't be so tough, since it doesn't matter because I already have all 3 on my File.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #2052 on: August 02, 2010, 06:46:47 PM
Also, beat the [parasitic bomb] out of red. I pussied out and transferred all my good Pokemon from Platinum (Two Rayquaza's, the Starters, Kyogre.) to my SoulSilver.

Importing is basically what I did to do the same thing, except I've done it all the way through the game. Also, where did the other Raquaza come from anyway?

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2053 on: August 03, 2010, 01:57:53 AM
A pal of mine (Quite an idiot, I might add.), I gave him my Groudon (He had Sapphire and Emerald, and gave me Emerald.) And he gave me a few pokemon, namely His Blaziken (Only lvl 49 somehow, he undertrains.) and his Lvl 87 Rayquaza (Which I don't think was his to begin with.)

I also transferred a few of the Pokemon I can't get in SoulSilver. Namely Spinarak, Gligar, and Houndoom. I plan on transferring the rest of my Emerald Collection over soon.

Offline Legendary

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #2054 on: August 19, 2010, 12:32:08 AM
Alright, feeling up for a battle. Anybody wanna go?

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #2055 on: August 19, 2010, 12:59:17 AM
I would but my Wi-Fi isn't compatible with DS games anymore.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Legendary

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #2056 on: August 19, 2010, 01:33:25 AM
That's odd. Oh well then.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #2057 on: August 19, 2010, 01:37:04 AM
I would but my Wi-Fi isn't compatible with DS games anymore.
I have the same issue. I have to go to some place like McDonald's for compatible WiFi.

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Legendary

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #2058 on: August 19, 2010, 01:49:14 AM
That's odd, how come the DS's wifi is being iffy like that?

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2059 on: August 19, 2010, 01:56:26 AM
It's because there are 2 types of Wi-Fi and DS games for some reason don't work on one of them.  Wii games don't have that problem however.

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #2060 on: August 19, 2010, 07:11:52 PM
Indeed. DS games are only compatible with WEA encryption, which is less secure that WPA/WPA2 encryption (that is compatible with the Wii) but the odd thing is that WPA-compatible devices started coming on to the market in 2003. So I wonder why Nintendo did not make their DS games WPA-friendly when the technology existed at the DS's release. I don't think we will ever know why.

However, I have an inkling that the 5th Generation will be able to work with WPA encryption, but you need a DSi for that.

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2061 on: August 19, 2010, 09:48:57 PM
Either that or a 3DS since I have a DSi XL.  The shop and internet work fine but not the games.

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #2062 on: August 19, 2010, 10:03:52 PM
Anyone have a Mudkip I can trade for? That's the only Hoenn Starter Pokemon I don't have, I'll trade it with my Torchic or other Pokemon if you like.

SoulSilver FC: 2665-4308-6166

After collecting a certain amount of Pokemon I'm going to build my ideal Pokemon, but I have no idea what to do for the 6th member of my team. Making sure there's no Legendaries in my team, but I'm stuck on that part. Have no what good Grass, Flying, or Normal type Pokemon to add to my team and I can't seem to find a good Dragon type with good defense against its secondary weakness.

I'll figure it out eventually.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2063 on: August 19, 2010, 10:05:29 PM
What do you have so far?

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2064 on: August 19, 2010, 10:08:47 PM
I have all 131 Pokemon in my Pokedex so far, all three Kanto, Johto Starters, Treeko and Torchic, a bunch of Pikachus because of the PokeWalker, Bonsly Female, Safari Pokemon (Tauros and Kangaskahn Female), Clefairy, Hitmonchan and Hitmontop, and pretty much most of the common Pokemon.

What would you like? Or an item perhaps?

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2065 on: August 19, 2010, 10:09:41 PM
Oh sorry I meant your team, I can't trade you but I can help with your team.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2066 on: August 19, 2010, 10:29:51 PM
Because of my computer freezing on me yesterday that data I put into making my team was gone so now I have to remember what they were. Going to Bulbapedia to re-search the moves again.

CHARMELEON
*Flamethrower
*Dragon Claw
*Thunder Punch (Tutor)
*Brick Break

PIKACHU
*Thunderbolt
*Brick Break
*Double Team
*Dig

SABLEYE
*Shadow Ball
*Zen Headbutt
*Aerial Ace
*Double Team

MARSHTOMP
*Blizzard
*Muddy Water
*Superpower (Tutor)
*Protect

RIOLU
*Focus Blast
*Shadow Claw
*Earthquake
*Sword Dance

I did not know Charmeleon could learn Thunder Punch from the Tutor guy, very nice and convenient. Sheesh I can't remember what I originally had for them, but I got at least 3 out of the 4 moves for all of them (Charmeleon and Riolu I'm not totally sure yet).

I planning on making a team of only Base and 2nd Form, no Final Form evolution except for Sableye who doesn't evolve. I want to see how far I go with this team. Trying to add in some support moves that greatly help my team in any situation or fight off enemies they're weak to.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2067 on: August 19, 2010, 11:14:58 PM
My honest opinion is they probably wouldn't get very far, especialy if your planning to go through the Battle Frotier or fight trainers who have pokemon that they've EV trained.  I mean why do you think Ash loses the Pokemon League all the time? 

Plus the move sets for your Pokemon don't really go well with what they do best.  Take your Charmeleon for example: most of the moves you're teaching him are Physical the moves he does better with are special moves the problem is since you're limiting yourself to not evolving them fully they also can't learn the best moves for them.  The moves I recomemend for Charmeleon are Flamethrower, Dragon Rage, Ancient Power, and Toxic since those are the most powerful special moves it can learn, Toxic will be a big annoyance to your opponent, and if you're lucky Ancient Power can raise all your stats.

Now lets compare that to a full grown Charizard that can learn even more moves.   The moves set I would make for him would be Flamethrower, Dragon Pulse, Solar Beam, and Sunny Day.  Flamethrower gets STAB, Dragon Pulse can take care of Dragons threataning to kill an Ice type with a Fire type move and Sunny Day and Solar Beam combined with Charizard's high Speed can destroy all his weaknesses except electric if you use Sunny on your first turn.

Marshstomp is better with Physical moves but if you did evolve it it's a hell of a lot of work to do.  Riolu, since you're not planning to evolve it is okay since his Physical is better than his special but if you did evolve him it's special gets much better but his Physical is still high so you can make him either way.  Pikachu can go either way evolution or no evolution.

Now the biggest problem is Sableye, out of all the pokemon that can't evolve it's probably one of the worst.  Granted he has no weakness and he's a little better with Physical attacks his stats suck so bad that he can't put anything to good use.  Spirit Tomb is a much better pokemon since his stats are better but mostly even so there is a lot you can do with customization.  Plus your team really really needs the defense he can give.

Now for the sixth you can cover your pokemon well but I think you might need some Omph with attack or defense with that since they are severly weak but honestly I can't think of anything since you seriously love to to restrict your self a lot so I don't think I can help you at all, good luck dude you need all the help you can get.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2068 on: August 20, 2010, 01:58:31 AM
MARSHTOMP

Wait, if you have Marshtomp why do you need Mudkip? Just get an egg for it.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2069 on: August 20, 2010, 03:14:32 AM
Wait, if you have Marshtomp why do you need Mudkip? Just get an egg for it.
I don't think he has it yet.  This must be an idea of what he wants on a team.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2070 on: August 20, 2010, 03:43:25 AM
Well, that makes more sense.

I should probably try to train a better team... one with some balance.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2071 on: August 20, 2010, 03:59:39 AM
You should probably try to EV train this time, but you probably won't.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2072 on: August 20, 2010, 04:20:17 AM
My honest opinion is they probably wouldn't get very far, especialy if your planning to go through the Battle Frotier or fight trainers who have pokemon that they've EV trained.  I mean why do you think Ash loses the Pokemon League all the time? 

Plus the move sets for your Pokemon don't really go well with what they do best.  Take your Charmeleon for example: most of the moves you're teaching him are Physical the moves he does better with are special moves the problem is since you're limiting yourself to not evolving them fully they also can't learn the best moves for them.  The moves I recomemend for Charmeleon are Flamethrower, Dragon Rage, Ancient Power, and Toxic since those are the most powerful special moves it can learn, Toxic will be a big annoyance to your opponent, and if you're lucky Ancient Power can raise all your stats.

Now lets compare that to a full grown Charizard that can learn even more moves.   The moves set I would make for him would be Flamethrower, Dragon Pulse, Solar Beam, and Sunny Day.  Flamethrower gets STAB, Dragon Pulse can take care of Dragons threataning to kill an Ice type with a Fire type move and Sunny Day and Solar Beam combined with Charizard's high Speed can destroy all his weaknesses except electric if you use Sunny on your first turn.

Marshstomp is better with Physical moves but if you did evolve it it's a hell of a lot of work to do.  Riolu, since you're not planning to evolve it is okay since his Physical is better than his special but if you did evolve him it's special gets much better but his Physical is still high so you can make him either way.  Pikachu can go either way evolution or no evolution.

Now the biggest problem is Sableye, out of all the pokemon that can't evolve it's probably one of the worst.  Granted he has no weakness and he's a little better with Physical attacks his stats suck so bad that he can't put anything to good use.  Spirit Tomb is a much better pokemon since his stats are better but mostly even so there is a lot you can do with customization.  Plus your team really really needs the defense he can give.

Now for the sixth you can cover your pokemon well but I think you might need some Omph with attack or defense with that since they are severly weak but honestly I can't think of anything since you seriously love to to restrict your self a lot so I don't think I can help you at all, good luck dude you need all the help you can get.

I see, that's very interesting. I guess I need to look at their base stats first, but with a helpfully nature I can get more points to a certain for the moves no? Plus IV also helps in that area.

I have never done any IV/EV Training and this will be the first time doing it.

The reason I'm restricting myself to these type of Pokemon as I wanted to make the best Base/2nd Form Team instead of Fully Evolved Pokemon and EV train them to the best of their abilities. Going to take a long time to get them where I want. Originally Mew and Darkrai were going to be on my team and originally a Wartortle instead of a Marshtomp and I didn't plan on adding Sableye until later.

I want to build a powerful team from some unlikely group of Pokemon, but this is for battling other trainers and such.

Also I didn't have a Mudkip and to get a Marshtomp I need a Mudkip to breed and evolve and I finally got one from a trade. Right now I'm breeding some Pokemon, right now Eevee and evolving them into their different forms, to trade away for other Pokemon. I need to build my Pokedex, I hate how you can't find a Pokemon you want on GTS without seeing it first.

And thank you Sakura, I'll look to change some moves on my Pokemon.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2073 on: August 20, 2010, 04:33:18 AM
Okay since I know you are going to EV train I highly recommend you get an Action Replay.  The Action Replay not only gives you the items you need but you can actually check your EV/IVs with it too.  And I like Wartortle better than Marshstomp since it has better Defense and it won't get murdered by Grass type moves as easily as Marshstomp plus it's not as much work if later on you do want to evolve your pokemon.  Teach it Special moves and if you're lucky enough to get a Female teach and Male compatiple pokemon Mirror Coat and Sludge and breed like the wind.

Also I'm serious about replacing the Sableye with Spirit Tomb.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2074 on: August 20, 2010, 07:08:16 AM
Well, Sakura. I would like to get to EV Training, do you have any ideas on how to build a good team around a Feraligatr?