Hypershell · 130498

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #525 on: October 02, 2009, 08:33:14 PM
Note that if the Pokemon you bring over has no evolutions, then no foul there.  But, if it evolves, I guess it's advisable to save before you do so, in case it decides to pull a switcheroo on you.
Irrelevant, what decides the Ability switch is some invisible stat.  Pokesav refers to it as "Class".  A Pokemon of a particular Class will change to the matching Ability upon evolution, but both Classes always exist regardless of whether or not the Pokemon can have two Abilities.  So you imported a Class 2 Horsea.

Better advise would be to Evolve it before you Pal Park it, since the Sniper Ability didn't exist in 3rd Gen.

There's nothing random about Pokemon evolution.  No reason to save beforehand.  Pretty much every time, whatever seemingly random phenomenon you're worrying about was actually decided the first second the Pokemon was created in your game's memory (which really leaves you screwed with those roaming-the-world 'mans; is it any wonder people hack?).  The proper point to save is before encounter (wild/fixed location), receiving from old man (egg), or if you're that determined whatever triggered a roaming Pokemon.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #526 on: October 07, 2009, 02:42:41 AM
Well, my doubles team is more or less finished, so I'm interested in a match if anyone's up for it.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #527 on: October 08, 2009, 12:25:36 AM
I've been suffering a bit of Poke-mania lately as I actually went back to Red Version (on Lameboy, so I can enjoy SGB border/colors and still be portable, and off-screen Trainer Teleport Mew glitch FTW).

Nevertheless, Aqua, it is ON!  If you're still up for a match, I'll grab your FC and be online in a jiffy.  Mine is:
4983-1423-7644

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #528 on: October 08, 2009, 12:52:44 AM
Alright, I'm online now.  Could we turn VC off, if only for the sake of my connection being lagged.

My YouTube Channel

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #529 on: October 08, 2009, 01:20:32 AM
You psyched me out nicely in the first round.  I saw Electrode/Rotom as an imminent Explosion, thus the early switch.

I knew I should have put up another Reflect, might have survived that last Ice Punch otherwise.  A very, very close match (and you got some nice hax with that Poison Jab critical hit).

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #530 on: October 08, 2009, 01:28:39 AM
Good game!  I was so nervous when the rain stopped and Floatzel was my last stand.  Cresselia's insane defenses had me worried there, and you Dragonite had me scared as well.  Toxicroak impressed me a lot during that match, as he was able to hang on for a rather large portion of the ride.  Too bad Phione didn't get a chance to do anything, though, as I've been interested in seeing it's performance in a match, as it's banned form the Battle Frontier. 

My YouTube Channel

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #531 on: October 08, 2009, 01:38:00 AM
Toxicroak always annoys me.  I keep forgetting that its second type is Fighting and not Dark.  Talk about missing my Mewtwo...

Banning Phione just shows how senseless Nintendo's restrictions are.  The thing has Base stats of 80 across the board, not exactly threatening.  What's the point of distributing a lesser Manaphy if they're treated the same anyway?

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #532 on: October 08, 2009, 01:49:30 AM
Toxicroak always annoys me.  I keep forgetting that its second type is Fighting and not Dark.  Talk about missing my Mewtwo...

I had to love how your Lapras kept feeding my Toxicroak, only for it to die in 1 earthquake.  I think the fight would've been a lot different if you had brought in Mewtwo...

Banning Phione just shows how senseless Nintendo's restrictions are.  The thing has Base stats of 80 across the board, not exactly threatening.  What's the point of distributing a lesser Manaphy if they're treated the same anyway?

Yeah, I chose Phione on purpose mainly because it was non-uber. (That and the fact that they're breedable.)  Hydration is pretty useful,  and I would rather use it that Dewgong, but Nintendo classifies it as a Legendary and it's banned.  Yet they have no problem with the legendary birds and dogs, as well as the Regi's.  I don't get it.

Taking a cue from you and actually using a Manaphy just for the heck of it may not be a bad idea in some cases, just to up the ante.

My YouTube Channel

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #533 on: October 08, 2009, 02:15:22 AM
Well, I axed Mewtwo from Doubles because he's really a stand-alone fighter (if I could be arsed to make a decent Singles team, he's automatically in), Palkia has better synergy with Lapras.  The fact that you packed so much Water resistance really prevented me from using that to its fullest.  I did see a bit that I could have done differently in that match, though, particularly the opening turn.  I'm out of practice, and my instincts (Explosion 'man + Ghost teammate = RUN) overrode my better judgment (Choice Scarf + Earthquake = Electrode does nothing).  Very, very stupid of me.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #534 on: October 08, 2009, 02:39:20 AM
I did see a bit that I could have done differently in that match, though, particularly the opening turn.  I'm out of practice, and my instincts (Explosion 'man + Ghost teammate = RUN) overrode my better judgment (Choice Scarf + Earthquake = Electrode does nothing).  Very, very stupid of me.

That's just the beauty of the Electrode-Rotom opening.  The imminent explosion isn't necessarily going to be an immediate one, as his main purpose is setting up rain.  I was actually pretty nervous when I say your lead, and I'm more apt to note that switching Steelix into that Thunder Wave was a very good move on your part.  Screen support certainly never hurts either.

I was wondering how your Dragonite outsped my Floatzel; even w/o rain, I still should have been able to outrun his 80 base speed.  I bet you're waiting for the day you can wreak real havoc with ExtremeSpeed, though.  8)

My YouTube Channel

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #535 on: October 08, 2009, 02:48:27 AM
Yeah, most everyone knows that Dragonite is sluggish, but he can still surpass 2/3 of any unboosted 'man (save Deoxys and Ninjask), so Choice Scarf is my way of getting the jump.

Extremespeed I'm dying for simply for the sake of restoring Crystal's moves and offering some non-Scarf options.  But I'll be keeping my current Dragonite too.  Since the situation called for an auxiliary attack, you didn't see the REAL reason I pair Dragonite with Cresselia.  If you hadn't Sucker-Punched Lapras (again, damn that Poison Jab critical), that match would have been mine.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #536 on: October 08, 2009, 04:26:07 AM
BTW, if anyone wants to watch the match (and you own Platinum), it's on the Battle Recorder as number '14-97385-56552'.

My YouTube Channel

Offline Legendary

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #537 on: October 18, 2009, 08:16:07 PM
Who here has an AR?

I need to hack an Egg move I forgot to breed and I'm lazy to restart all the egg-hatching and stuff I did.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #538 on: October 19, 2009, 06:47:02 AM
Why weren't there news posted for this?
(And Kyouya, hush. >_>)

There will be an upcoming Arceus distribution from November 7th to 15th at Toys R Us stores for Diamond, Pearl and Platinum.
This Arceus is the special Movie Arceus that allows you to summon Dialga, Palkia and Giratina at lvl1 in HGSS, plus, unlock a bit more Sinnoh history in Platinum.

I want the WiFi event... O^O

Source: Pokebeach.com.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #539 on: October 19, 2009, 06:25:31 PM
Excellent. I remember this Arceus sounding beastly in its movepool.

Shame it'll probably rot away in the Pokebox before heading to Gold.

Offline Legendary

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #540 on: October 19, 2009, 11:37:45 PM
Anybody up for a quick Singles match? =o

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #541 on: October 20, 2009, 06:23:24 PM
Excellent. I remember this Arceus sounding beastly in its movepool.
Judgement
Roar of Time
Spatial Rend
Shadow Force

E-yep. O^O

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #542 on: October 21, 2009, 01:24:48 AM
Wow.  Signature moves from the three dragons, that was news to me.

Most "tourney" players will probably axe all besides Judgement (obviously) and maybe Spatial Rend.  But I personally wouldn't mind seeing a Ghost-type Arceus with Shadow Force.  I can think of a damn evil idea or two with that.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #543 on: October 21, 2009, 02:58:35 AM
Actually,tourney players are writing it off for being level 100. You can't really edit its EVs, see.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #544 on: October 22, 2009, 02:17:01 AM
Figures.  That, and the ever-biting-in-the-ass Nature shpiel...  That's another 10% off your favorite stat, usually kills most promotional 'mans.  But at least in the case of Arceus his overly tanked Base Stats still make him viable, and easier to use as a mixed attacker, something the 3rd gen EV cap really killed.  Even using Vitamins alone, Arceus at Level 100 would range from 270 to 301 across the board.  Not too bad when you consider the benefits of any single type, always a strong special STAB, the only STABed ExtremeSpeed outside of Togekiss, and a frikkin' huge TM/tutor move pool.

Posted on: October 20, 2009, 09:01:47 PM
I'm itching for another match, hopefully I can whip myself back into shape.  I'll be online for the next hour/hour and a half.  As any who have fought me know, Doubles is my forte, but I'll do a Singles rematch if so desired.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #545 on: October 22, 2009, 02:33:38 AM
Question for all you PokeNuts out there:

Let's say I have a Houndoom out on the field. If one of my "benched" Pokemon has Sunny Day for an Ability, is it in effect, or does the Pokemon with the Sunny Day ability have to be out on the field?

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #546 on: October 22, 2009, 02:55:14 AM
It'll have to be on the field to come into effect. I can't really think of any mon other than ones that change the weather permanently that have lasting special effects once they're removed from active play.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #547 on: October 22, 2009, 03:09:42 AM
Since when is ANYTHING on the bench relevant to the battlefield?  Or does Aldo not realize this thread is for the video games and not the card game?

Well, looks like no battling for me tonight.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #548 on: October 22, 2009, 03:29:40 AM
I'm itching for another match, hopefully I can whip myself back into shape.  I'll be online for the next hour/hour and a half.  As any who have fought me know, Doubles is my forte, but I'll do a Singles rematch if so desired.

I'm up for a doubles (re)match.  Ready when you are!

My YouTube Channel

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #549 on: October 22, 2009, 03:30:15 AM
Ugh, JUST NOW shut my system off.

Okay, but let's make it quick.

EDITS: Couldn't have gone better.  Nothing like finishing your opponent off with some DRAGONITE POWER!!! 8)