Hypershell · 130206

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #400 on: April 04, 2009, 04:29:47 PM
the game's changed too much for me to really enjoy it now.
???

......that's about all the reaction I muster to that one.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #401 on: April 04, 2009, 04:31:00 PM
I just love talking to myself...
Finally got a Spiritomb~

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #402 on: April 04, 2009, 08:00:54 PM
I just love talking to myself...
Finally got a Spiritomb~

Well, lucky, as Spiritombs are annoying to get. 'Grats!

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #403 on: April 04, 2009, 08:02:37 PM
Yeah, stupid 32 encounters with people in the Underground...
It's good to have 2 DS, and Pearl~

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #404 on: April 04, 2009, 08:04:57 PM
Luckily enough that I can encounter myself 32 times if I get platinum, however, it's gonna be a pain to port them in, mostly Cricketune, gonna catch, trade, back 'n forth, so the boxes would be FILLED with them, and give something to port to in Pokemon Ranch.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #405 on: April 04, 2009, 08:09:15 PM
Kricketune?
You want to form a band?

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #406 on: April 04, 2009, 10:01:33 PM
It's a good fillermon if you want to trade back and forth to fill your dex faster than you can say artichoke.. Or bewm.. >>

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #407 on: April 05, 2009, 07:36:01 AM
I thought that houour goes to BIDOOF. :B

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #408 on: April 05, 2009, 10:44:50 AM
???

......that's about all the reaction I muster to that one.

The original concept was to catch cool looking monsters and fight your way to be a champion, and the most competitive it got was simply going up against a friend. Now it's gone to creating the right type of team and looking at their strengths and weakness', what moves they should have, get the right nature, get the right ability, hopefully get the right IV's, breed the right moves onto it, fight the same damn things over and over and over until you get X amount of EV's, and then just sit around for someone to actually challenge you, then find out that there was some giant flaw in your planning and that may result in your team being screwed up.

Even in the competitive areas the game's changing up. If you don't pay attention to what the latest set-up is for a particular Pokemon, then you won't know how to counter it, and then you're just stuck. It's seriously becoming more of a game of fads and trends. One particular set may be popular now, then it'll fall out because someone found a good counter to it, then that counter grows, then the chain starts up again, until finally the original set ends up being the counter to the latest fad. For instance, a lot of people (from what I've gathered on FC) stopped using Roserade once it was bumped down to the UU. What if it turns out there's a use for it with a particular team or item, and it's thanks to those particular set-ups, that it finally breaks out of the UU and goes back into the OU? What if some move ends up being looked over heavily enough and all of a sudden, a powerful team comes out from it? Look at Gravity; it's secondary effects open up the possibility of an extremely powerful sweeping team. Look at Trick Room; with the right set-up, Trick Room teams are hard to stop.

It's all of these rapid changes that I've just stopped playing. Hence, the game's changed too much for me to really enjoy it. I know the formula hasn't changed in god knows how many years, but what HAS changed and what DOES change is the competitive area of the game.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #409 on: April 05, 2009, 10:51:26 AM
I can't see the big deal with the competitive metagame. There's too much time potential being put into it for something that will only wind up requiring you to repeat the process, all over some values in the RAM. If it must come to that, I'd rather just hack my team to perfection. But, since I couldn't care less, I'll stick with my balanced team of legendaries and pokemon I like.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #410 on: April 06, 2009, 12:06:34 AM
I can't see the big deal with the competitive metagame. There's too much time potential being put into it for something that will only wind up requiring you to repeat the process, all over some values in the RAM. If it must come to that, I'd rather just hack my team to perfection. But, since I couldn't care less, I'll stick with my balanced team of legendaries and pokemon I like.

Which is why the game is a lot more fun when you don't have to worry about that crap. You just pick your favorites and see how good you are.

I miss those days (damn you serebii and smogon, damn you for showing me what EV's are and all that crap! *angry fist shake*)

Offline TeaOfJay

• Resident Talking Tea Cup/ Lazy Super Hero
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!
    • View Profile
Reply #411 on: April 06, 2009, 05:27:46 AM
I would actually argue that the game is better because of all the over complicated crap.

Think about it: If you didn't have to worry about hidden points and such, would you really change your team?

If EVs and the like never existed, then the game of Pokemon would never change, meaning you'd have less of a reason to go back an play it.

Now that there are a bunch of varriables involved in creating a team, you'll be more likely to play again to not only make a new team when the time demands it, but you'll be more likely to play with other people to show off your newly made team, for better or for worse.

In a way, EVs and IVs promote a sort of interation betweeen people which is what the creator wanted.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #412 on: April 06, 2009, 05:36:52 AM
No, interaction between people is going out and having a few drinks, not sitting behind a computer screen trying to alter bits of ram.

Offline TeaOfJay

• Resident Talking Tea Cup/ Lazy Super Hero
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!
    • View Profile
Reply #413 on: April 06, 2009, 05:38:07 AM
Keep in mind that Pokemon was designed mostly for kids.

It's just happy coincidence that many teenagers/adults decided to pick up the game.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #414 on: April 06, 2009, 05:40:46 AM
I'm sure normal kids won't even understand what the [tornado fang] EV training and all that other stuff is.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #415 on: April 06, 2009, 05:55:53 AM
I'm sure kids would be able to pick it up pretty quickly if the game actually explained this stuff instead of keeping it hidden.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #416 on: April 06, 2009, 05:59:43 AM
And there lies a problem, usually you wouldn't even know this stuff exists unless you search the internet. Still, the true question is, even if they knew, would kids really care?

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #417 on: April 06, 2009, 06:01:14 AM
Yes. You think kids aren't gonna do ridiculous things just to beat their friends? That's like the whole point of being a kid.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #418 on: April 10, 2009, 03:10:11 AM
Damn straight.  Come on, I can't be the only one here who remembers being a tyke/young teen in 1st gen and facing off against Level 255 Snorlax and Hypnosis-equipped Mewtwos.

I'm quite convinced that's what 99.99% of competitive players do, given that the metagame was born on Pokemon NetBattle and not in the actual games.  A great deal of them simply do not consider the practicality of actually implementing a given strategy.  Very few team-raters bother to consider alternatives to Hidden Power (which really ticks me off when you get into the ghetto BoltBeam Raikou).

Well, if the competitive meta-game bugs you (and hey, it even bugs me, for time investment, general hardassedness of the community, and utter disregard for Double Battles), that's why it's a good idea to request battles in non-Pokemon-centric communities, such as this one.  Ironic, perhaps, but it works.

EVs and IVs, incidentally, have always existed in the game since day 1.  HOWEVER, the IV range was doubled from 16 to 32 possible values during the GBA generation.  Between that and the Nature you can get screwed pretty easily, but at the same time it can make for some nifty combinations, too.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Deadpool

• Robot Master
  • Give me your brains!!!
    • View Profile
Reply #419 on: April 20, 2009, 12:25:50 AM
Does anyone have a Japanese Arceus?

If you guys could hack one that would know Judgement,Roar of Time,Palika's Signature Move, Shadow Force in  the Event Red ball

i put a [American] Arceus in the GTS for payment of making the Japanese Arceus

the GTS payment arceus is fully powered

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #420 on: April 21, 2009, 02:20:06 AM
Does anyone have a Japanese Arceus?

If you guys could hack one that would know Judgement,Roar of Time,Palika's Signature Move, Shadow Force in  the Event Red ball

i put a [American] Arceus in the GTS for payment of making the Japanese Arceus

the GTS payment arceus is fully powered

Palkia's signature is Spacial Rend. But why would you want an Arceus if you already have one? I guess you want a regional one that's hacked then..

Offline Deadpool

• Robot Master
  • Give me your brains!!!
    • View Profile
Reply #421 on: April 25, 2009, 03:52:28 AM
yay, because I want a Japanese arceus that has max legit stats and is similar to the Movie Arceus that is coming out when the new movie comes out and i can clone my regular arceus, so i would have the one i caught with the Event flute (From Action replay)

Offline Seanizzle126

• Master of the AZELFS.
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #422 on: April 29, 2009, 04:02:02 PM
I really don't invest any time at all into breeding or IV breeding unless I get really bored. I just have pokesav for convenience pretty much. Hypershell, sometimes some pokes really need Hidden Power to even run a decent moveset and get some play in the metagame >__>

Sean is back!
Formally Seanrocks126!

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #423 on: April 29, 2009, 07:52:22 PM
OHMYGOD
I can't believe what I'm seeing in my Platinum right now.

Snowpoint City...
Diamond Dust is falling... owo

30th April... What's special on this day?

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #424 on: April 29, 2009, 08:01:39 PM
I have Platinum too... just got Giratina and heading to get my 8th badge.

And I'm not sure, but maybe one of those Events at Toys R' Us to get event items to get certain Pokemon like Darkrai?

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3