• RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #975 on: July 28, 2011, 02:16:20 PM
So that means I will finally get my Kokoro Belmont DLC? OuO

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #976 on: July 28, 2011, 02:18:57 PM
So that means I will finally get my Kokoro Belmont DLC? OuO
Depends on what they are makin'.

Castlevania Dungeon's still going back and forth as to what they could possibly release, although the general consensus is they want a game more than merchandise or any other stuff.

Mainly that damn '99 game already.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #977 on: July 28, 2011, 02:22:58 PM
Castlevania 1-3 in HD?

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #978 on: July 28, 2011, 03:36:31 PM
As if Castlevania 1 needs another remake 8D
I am intrigued.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #979 on: July 28, 2011, 03:40:38 PM
Well what could they do?

Make MORE games?
Make a CV collection?
Remake some popular games?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #980 on: July 28, 2011, 04:59:54 PM
Remake of 2 or 3 WOULD be pretty nice. 1 has had far too many already, time to give the other classicvanias some love. 2 is especially needing of a remake. One which fixes it's problems. (if done right, it could be a legit pseudo metroidvania!)

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #981 on: July 28, 2011, 05:17:06 PM
I feel the same way. A remake that removes all the game's flaws would turn it into a really nice game.

But is CV2 without flaws really CV2?

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #982 on: July 28, 2011, 07:58:52 PM
There is a fanmade remake of Simon's Quest I saw someone streaming once that looked to do just that. You still had to grind a lot, but you could save your progress, the hints weren't terribly criptic, there was boss in each mansion, and the graphics were beefed up to Castlevania 4/Rondo of Blood level. Hell, Simon's sprite was just a red Richter.

As for what Konami's doing now, while the 1999 game(s) was rumored to be in development years ago, I don't think they're going to put it out yet. I wouldn't mind a Belmont's Revenge Rebirth.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #983 on: July 28, 2011, 11:12:19 PM
On the other hand, if they're not doing the '99 game now, when would they ever?

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #984 on: July 28, 2011, 11:16:55 PM
A collection of the DS and GBA CV games in one retail package would be awesome. Possibly with a new coating of 3D paint for the 3DS. But that's only wishful thinking, i'm sure they have something bigger in mind.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #985 on: July 28, 2011, 11:21:10 PM
What about that ominous game featuring Alucard that was barely mentioned years ago?

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #986 on: July 28, 2011, 11:38:06 PM
I thought that was just a project which was later scrapped in favor of LoS.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #987 on: July 28, 2011, 11:46:57 PM
Might as well be. I'm not that up-to-date with CV news.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #988 on: July 29, 2011, 03:06:29 AM
There is a fanmade remake of Simon's Quest I saw someone streaming once that looked to do just that. You still had to grind a lot, but you could save your progress, the hints weren't terribly criptic, there was boss in each mansion, and the graphics were beefed up to Castlevania 4/Rondo of Blood level. Hell, Simon's sprite was just a red Richter.

As for what Konami's doing now, while the 1999 game(s) was rumored to be in development years ago, I don't think they're going to put it out yet. I wouldn't mind a Belmont's Revenge Rebirth.
you mean this?

http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,3513

hes revamping the revamp.
http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,3892.0.html

Offline slayer

• War-Pig
  • Robot Master
  • Mavericks are for pussies...real men kill Aliens
    • View Profile
    • MY fan thingys , help me overcome my fear to show my draws please
Reply #989 on: August 11, 2011, 06:45:53 PM
Speaking of castlevania...i wonder if  anyone here have listen to this
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj9rL03JY8c&feature=related[/youtube]
that is just godly owo owo owo ....please if this is the wrong post please fix  it

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #990 on: October 10, 2011, 02:21:19 AM
Nya~!! Kokoro-chan (Belmont) finally showed up as Otomedius sExcellent DLC~ So happy~!! <3 <3 O^O *bounce happy*

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #991 on: October 10, 2011, 03:19:59 AM
Alright. Can the game come out in America now? It's been delayed at least twice already.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #992 on: October 10, 2011, 03:33:47 AM
OK this is her setup (if you know your Gradius lore, pick up yellow orb things to power up).

<SPEED> <BEAM WHIP> <HOLY WATER> <BOOMERANG CROSS> <AXE> <TRIGON> <FORCE FIELD>

Speed is traditional Gradius speed up.

Beam Whip shoots out a long pink whip that you can keep in front of you as long as you hold the shoot button. When you move your ship, the whip will trail alongside you and the whip itself stretches across the whole screen, taking care of any enemies that touches it.

Holy Water throws itself in an arc forward and emits a flame when it hits something, similar to the Holy Water in any Castlevania game, or the Missile/Bomb attack in Gradius games. It only throws one Holy Water at a time tho.

Boomerang Cross replaces your shooting (and/or whip) attack and it will throw the Cross forward at a small distance, then it will return. It also only throws one Cross at a time, so this isn't the type of weapon you want to use when you are in a pinch. In the Weapon Card select screen (before starting the game), replace this with a Ripple or Double weapon.

Axe is just that, the traditional Axe from the Castlevania series. It will throw itself in an upward arc, and you can only throw one axe at a time. It also replaces your shooting (and/or whip) attack and is not a good weapon to use in pinched situations at all. In the Weapon Card select screen (before starting the game), replace this with a Laser type weapon.

Trigon is a little Option/Multiple unit that stays with you and fires tiny things at enemies. You can upgrade it 2 more times. First upgrade it shoots star-shaped projectiles, and the second upgrade shoots blue twin lasers in two directions. It will shoot in a direction depending on your movement, and you can't seem to freeze the placement of the Trigon unit either.

Force Field is a VERY IMPORTANT barrier that has been a staple since the first Gradius game and you must use this as early as possible. XD

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #993 on: October 10, 2011, 05:04:19 AM
When the hell is Konami going to announce something for the 25th anniversary.

I recall them mentioning something about planning or considering something, but nothing so far, except the HD port.

In fact, Dave Cox seems to be the only one to actually make a twitter post dedicated to "Happy anniversary Castlevania"

I mean, even FROGGER is getting an anniversary 3DS game.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #994 on: October 10, 2011, 05:10:48 AM
At least someone over there did something to acknowledge it. Unlike Metroid's 25th.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #995 on: October 10, 2011, 05:35:57 AM
Yeah. Im surprised. Looks like a whole bunch of the classic bunch are hitting road blocks.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #996 on: January 31, 2012, 11:01:31 AM
Parody Time~ :cookie:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl0WmfVct8Q[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCK34chWYxA[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO6a_nVy5cA[/youtube]

Has lots of accuracies and truths from all the games (by in-game dialog and instruction book standards), and you will have a good laugh too~ :3

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #997 on: May 21, 2012, 08:21:12 PM
Ok, so a dutch website posted this-

(translation:)

Konami has a big E3 surprise no secret to keep.

Konami is currently working on a 3DS-exclusive Castlevania game called Castlevania: Mirror of Faith. This is evident from the appointment schedule that Konami made ​​for this year's E3. After the highly successful Nintendo DS parts Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin and Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia Nintendo 3DS owners can therefore look forward to a brand new handheld adventure in the Castlevania series.

There is content and gameplay is nothing known of the game. The only thing currently known is that David Cox, producer of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, and Enric Alvarez, Director / Writer of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, the game works.

Konami, the game at E3 this year, taking place from 5 to 7 June, officially reveal.

Then Konami pretty much confirmed it by telling them to take it down.

Today we had a major scoop from the Konami front but we have just been approached by Konami who requested us to remove the information from our site. Apperently the news was not allowed to be made public yet and was supposed to be a E3 suprise. We apperently also misspelled the title of the game.

We respect this decesion and we therefore removed the article. We were not initially told that we could make this information public, which is the reason why we changed it regardless. It confirms in any case that our article is completely true.

also, someone tweeted Dave Cox about it.

Twit question
what would you say if i said mirror of faith?

Dave Cox ‏@CastlevaniaLOS

@Wizpig - I would say wrong end of the stick....misinformed. I would also say the truth is ALWAYS better than fiction! :-)

and theres the matter of the picture he changed his twitter pic to:

an anon who claims to work for konami has been hinting at a 3DS game, so this seems like it might be true.

heres his [parasitic bomb]:

he claims it will be similar to a metroidvania but without leveling up,

It will have Trevor, possibly Alucard, and Trevor will be the father of Simon Belmont.

he claims the cropped pic is of vampire Gabe standing with that wolf behind him or something.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #998 on: May 21, 2012, 09:00:40 PM
WHERE BATTLE 1999

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #999 on: May 21, 2012, 09:11:47 PM
never gonna happen, and im glad. because it will never live up to the hype. Yknow, like Duke Nukem forever.

also, apparently, the title's been registered since february.

http://whois.domaintools.com/castlevania-mirroroffate.net

yeah. Mirror of FATE, not faith.