Castlevania

Satoryu · 239909

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #550 on: August 06, 2010, 01:56:58 AM
Id like to.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #551 on: August 06, 2010, 02:02:39 AM
...have the exact same concept and execution with Megaman, and watch this entire forum hump furiously to it. =P

Rockman has almost always made new stages, enemies and bosses each title. A rehash such as this has never occurred.

Oddworld had way superior chatting methods to this game. Heck, can anyone get a screenshot of the commands you got available?

You could always download the Oddysee demo to check, but it's:

Hello
Follow me
Wait
Angry
Laugh
Whistle
Fart
Whistle
Chant

Exoddus complete and utterly trumps its predecessor by replacing the latter half of the commands with "All'ya", "Work" and so on.

"Hello."
"Hello!"
"Follow me."
"OK!"

<3 <3

Since you brought up Oddworld; LOOK OUT!

From my first and only complete playthrough. There's only supposed to be 99 Mudokons. I honestly don't get it.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #552 on: August 06, 2010, 02:11:07 AM
I honestly don't get it.
...the remaining one is you.

Rockman has almost always made new stages, enemies and bosses each title. A rehash such as this has never occurred.
And still constantly, the game plays and feels the exact same way in each title, as if they're expansions. =P Trust me, a game like this for Megaman would be awesome. Can you imagine co-op fighting Robot Masters? Maybe several at a time?

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #553 on: August 06, 2010, 02:13:17 AM
Remaining MINUS one.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #554 on: August 06, 2010, 02:15:23 AM
Maybe the counter's smudged on that one single area and the middle bar just stays lit. =P

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #555 on: August 06, 2010, 02:22:53 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9EOZBxvn_E[/youtube]

0 Employees
0 Casualties
99 Escapees
Award screen: You saved all 99 Mudokons.
The sequel says it too; only 99.

But I got the award screen regardless of having 99 (0 employees) or 100 (-1 employees). Totally a smudge on the counter!

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #556 on: August 06, 2010, 02:25:51 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9EOZBxvn_E[/youtube]

0 Employees
0 Casualties
99 Escapees
Award screen: You saved all 99 Mudokons.
The sequel says it too; only 99.

But I got the award screen regardless of having 99 (0 employees) or 100 (-1 employees). Totally a smudge on the counter!
I dunno then. I played that thing years ago.

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #557 on: August 06, 2010, 02:39:18 AM
Id like to.

Your ultimate goal in this game is to destroy Castlevania, a ghoulish citadel which has manifested itself within the pages of the cursed Grimoire.  With each chapter lies a twisted reimagining of one of the castle's prior incarnations, guarded by a boss symbolizing that particular area.  Defeat the boss and open the chest that appears to unlock a new chapter.  Completed chapters can be revisited at any time.

The Grimoire-

A cursed book within which lies the sum of all Castlevania's history--as well as an incarnation of the castle itself.  Fortunately, the forces of good which have time and again been the castle's undoing are also recorded withn these pages.  Borrow their power and forever erase Castlevania from this unholy tome.

At least it's honest ^^

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #558 on: August 06, 2010, 03:11:51 AM
wow. that's... I dont know what to say to that honestly.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #559 on: August 06, 2010, 03:45:48 AM
It's basically a "Greatest Hits" deal. Sounds good to me.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #560 on: August 06, 2010, 04:43:30 AM
Alright, I'm done with complaining about pricing for these kinds of games. This could have very well been on the PSP, meaning it would have cost twice as much as it does on XBLA. If I [sonic slicer] about a downloadable's price again, just poke me really hard with a stick.

I haven't been able to play much of the game yet. Just tried out every character in the first stage. Charlotte sucks, Shanoa's broken. I like the game so far. It's not bad at all.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline CephiYumi

• RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #561 on: August 06, 2010, 08:34:02 AM
Charlottes great >w<  I've usually gotten 2nd in the co-op points thing

Posted on: August 06, 2010, 04:49:27
Already some supposed DLC found.  Believe these pics if you wish:

http://img641.imageshack.us/g/img0466na.jpg/

Actually, it's entirely possible mostly because I've never seen those Julius and Maria designs by the sotn artist o.o  Also the pyramid music is apparently already in the game (and unused so far).  Either way I hope it's real as I was hoping Maria would be added >w<

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #562 on: August 06, 2010, 09:01:13 AM
Did I see Julius swinging from Magnes magnets and aiming his whip? [tornado fang] YEAH CASTLEVANIA 4!

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline CephiYumi

• RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #563 on: August 06, 2010, 10:07:34 AM
Yeah I think thats what thats supposed to be  XD

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #564 on: August 06, 2010, 01:58:50 PM
Huh. Wouldnt mind seeing a screen of that Julius pic.

Badass Julius is badass.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #565 on: August 10, 2010, 09:12:25 AM
My God, Hard mode is absolutely brutal. I only just beat Chapter 2 on Hard. It can only go downhill from here. I hate Death on Normal, so he must really suck on Hard.

I am kinda disappointed you have to grind a lot to find better stuff and that you can't level up your stats normally. But all in all I am enjoying the game. I definitely wouldn't take it over the games where these characters came from, but this is pretty good FWIW. And this is all based on single player.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #566 on: August 10, 2010, 01:26:24 PM
Which Death are they using for the game?

Offline CephiYumi

• RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #567 on: August 10, 2010, 01:37:11 PM

OoE

Charlotte is probably the easiest to solo with. I have an astral ring (use HP instead of MP) / skull ring (curses you but really high stats) combo that pretty much makes me have infinite MP (with a max level heal of course) so I can go through hard solo without a problem x3  You should try co-op Sato, it's pretty fun, but jus like every other online game you'll have good parties and bad parties ^^; 

Also, both Soma and Alucard get access to Crissaegrim-esque weapons so there is already lots of complaints about that  XD

Offline geekgo4

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #568 on: August 10, 2010, 05:28:21 PM
Ugh. I still hate the fact that Johnathan Jr. can only weild whips. I want the Holy Claymore and the Alculard Spear. And Why not ALL the Subweapons?

The one from Order of Eccelsia. It's a bit lame compare to the one from the Previous DS games.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #569 on: August 10, 2010, 06:35:24 PM
Charlotte is probably the easiest to solo with. I have an astral ring (use HP instead of MP) / skull ring (curses you but really high stats) combo that pretty much makes me have infinite MP (with a max level heal of course) so I can go through hard solo without a problem x3  You should try co-op Sato, it's pretty fun, but jus like every other online game you'll have good parties and bad parties ^^; 

Doesn't it take a long time to master the Heal spell? I do have a Skull Ring, haven't found an Astral Ring yet. I assume that's in chests on Hard?

The one from Order of Eccelsia. It's a bit lame compare to the one from the Previous DS games.

The OoE Death was way easier than this one, though. Even without Melio Falcis/Nitesco glyph unions.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #570 on: August 10, 2010, 06:38:55 PM
The OoE Death was way easier than this one, though. Even without Melio Falcis/Nitesco glyph unions.

You're not serious, are you?

Offline CephiYumi

• RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #571 on: August 11, 2010, 09:14:23 AM
Doesn't it take a long time to master the Heal spell? I do have a Skull Ring, haven't found an Astral Ring yet. I assume that's in chests on Hard?

Actually heal is jus annoying to get but it doesn't take that long, Hellfire on the other hand is probably the longest ^^;  And yes, Astral Rings drop from Chapter 4 Hard boss chest or chests in Chapter 6 hard.  I've gotten a bunch, it's too bad you can't trade in this one o.o

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #572 on: August 11, 2010, 06:15:09 PM
You're not serious, are you?

Dead serious. OoE Death was pathetic.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #573 on: August 13, 2010, 06:37:48 AM
Just got a taste of the co-op.

Damn it's fun~ till I jumped on the painting before the stage 4 boss...

Offline Copy X

• B-Class Hunter
  • RPM's Forgotten Warrior.
    • View Profile
Reply #574 on: August 18, 2010, 07:39:12 PM

To try something new, is to explore your true potential.

-CX