Castlevania

Satoryu · 236696

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #650 on: September 10, 2010, 09:47:18 PM
If theyre not going to match it, then at least have Kojima make her artwork match the sprite! otherwise, it makes them look like they are too lazy to be bothered with consistency.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #651 on: September 10, 2010, 09:50:33 PM
Honestly, they dont even try. Simon and Trevor, (Richter too) have never gotten sprites to match their Kojima artwork.
Or any artwork in SimonĀ“s case

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #652 on: September 11, 2010, 05:51:39 AM
Or any artwork in Simon´s case
relevant.

Posted on: September 10, 2010, 03:18:33 PM
EDIT: one thing that baffles me is that Richter actually DOES have a sprite that matches his Kojima design. except it was never used outside of the Saturn verison of Symphony for some damned reason. in the Saturn version, Richter from the intro looks like in rondo, but Richter from the actual game, looks like his artwork. And yet, as far as I can tell, no future appearances of richter use that sprite. not even SotN re releases. even when they update things like the script and voices, Richter never changes to the sprite he SHOULD be using.

I understand the Saturn version of the game, despite being an improved port was still somewhat inferior to the PSX version, but damn, if theyre going as far as to update the game for re releases, would it be THAT hard for them to update the Richter sprites to the Saturn ones?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #653 on: September 11, 2010, 06:54:20 AM
Richter's Rondo sprite is justified in Portrait or Ruin because the Whip's Memory is of Richter in his prime.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #654 on: September 11, 2010, 09:01:34 AM
Richter's Rondo sprite is justified in Portrait or Ruin because the Whip's Memory is of Richter in his prime.
True.

But theres no excuse for the SoTN re-releases. (especially since they are all port +'s) I mean god, either change the sprite, or change the mugshot.

Aresian

Reply #655 on: September 11, 2010, 09:06:55 AM
I'm waiting for them to make another Castlevania that I'll actually like.

Ecclesia, Curse of Darkness and Aria of Sorrow are the only ones I actually give a [parasitic bomb] about.

That said, I don't care for whip wielders. Basically any game staring a Belmont is fail to me.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #656 on: September 11, 2010, 05:05:56 PM
Castlevania 3. Try it. its surprisingly fun. especially since you have a total of 4 playable characters.
Try Dawn of Sorrow too. It might not have Kojima's amazing art, but its still pretty fun.

Also, Dawn of Sorrow Julius mode. You MUST try it. its full of win and shattered goblets.
You fight freaking Soma as Dracula. COMPLTE with Dracula's battle theme. (plus for all intents and purposes, the main trio of Julius Yoko and Alucard is a tribute to CV3)

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #657 on: September 11, 2010, 05:43:55 PM
I'm waiting for them to make another Castlevania that I'll actually like.

Ecclesia, Curse of Darkness and Aria of Sorrow are the only ones I actually give a [parasitic bomb] about.

That said, I don't care for whip wielders. Basically any game staring a Belmont is fail to me.
..But COD stars Trevor Belmont and AoS has Julius Belmont...

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #658 on: September 11, 2010, 05:50:47 PM
Also, Dawn of Sorrow Julius mode. You MUST try it. its full of win and shattered goblets.
You fight freaking Soma as Dracula. COMPLTE with Dracula's battle theme. (plus for all intents and purposes, the main trio of Julius Yoko and Alucard is a tribute to CV3)

Alucard was the only reason i completed Julius Mode. I mean, the other characters weren't boring to use but it just felt so much more fun to go through it with him. And obviously, nostalgia.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #659 on: September 11, 2010, 07:50:42 PM
Trevor is cool and all, but I think Julius wins. Probably because he breaks the mold. That and he's [tornado fang]ing AWESOME. Grand Cross indeed. His battle is probably the most epic Belmont battle ever. (even better than SoTN Richter)
Alucard was the only reason i completed Julius Mode. I mean, the other characters weren't boring to use but it just felt so much more fun to go through it with him. And obviously, nostalgia.
true. thats how it is.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #660 on: September 11, 2010, 07:58:36 PM
...Well I mostly used Julius for the boss fights (Use Yoko agains Rahab and Alucard against Zephyr and Soma)

Julius is for me the best Belmont.

Aresian

Reply #661 on: September 11, 2010, 10:11:51 PM

Nooo... COD STARS Hector. Hector is the star, the guy that matters. Not Trevor who was just put there because every Castlevania needs a whipfag. AoS has Julius in it, but it is really about the much cooler Soma Cruz. Admittedly though, I wanna play DoS because of Soma and the potential to fight Soma as well. Irregardless, I actually preferred DoSes art to AoSes art. I'm something of a heretic in the Castlevania sense though, so whatever. CoD will always be my favorite. Ecclesia was pretty badass too, Shanoa is hardcore.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #662 on: September 11, 2010, 10:13:51 PM
I Agree with the last sentence

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #663 on: September 12, 2010, 03:14:45 AM
Eeew, DoS had that generic anime look. Theyt really messed up Soma's design. His hair especially, and that new hair has carried over to HoD unfortunately.

order had great art too. it want kojima, but it was still very much on the same level.

Aresian

Reply #664 on: September 12, 2010, 03:41:36 AM
I like the Anime style better personally. I've always prefered the Anime style to the Kojima manga style. But then, Anime > Manga 9 out of 10 times.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #665 on: September 12, 2010, 03:49:13 AM
I just didnt like DoS's anime look in particular. I mean, I didnt mind PoR's style. But DoS just felt too generic. Even PoR's stood out more.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #666 on: September 12, 2010, 04:01:55 AM
No matter how anime-ish DoS looked...

...nothing can be as bad as Judgement was.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #667 on: September 12, 2010, 07:17:23 AM
No matter how anime-ish DoS looked...

...nothing can be as bad as Judgement was.
Truth.
Though Carmilla was a redeeming factor.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #668 on: September 12, 2010, 09:33:08 AM
If you consider that in the actual games she wears less

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #669 on: September 12, 2010, 10:28:48 AM

Aresian

Reply #670 on: September 12, 2010, 11:36:02 AM
lol

i no rite?

That's what I say to people who go "omg mangah iz so much bettur thn ur animu verzhun"

I get tired of that. Opinions are just that, fgts.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #671 on: September 12, 2010, 07:40:10 PM
i no rite?

That's what I say to people who go "omg mangah iz so much bettur thn ur animu verzhun"

I get tired of that. Opinions are just that, fgts.
Except sometimes, its the other way around.
Rosario+Vampire is one big offender, manga suddenly becoming badass, whereas the anime shoves it full of panty shots in stead of the actual plot. (to the point where it almost reaches "does not exist" status)
I can name a few where the manga is suprior to the anime.

It depends on the manga and anime really.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #672 on: September 12, 2010, 07:51:32 PM
Monthly released Manga is mostly better than it's animated counterpart

Offline Ephidiel

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #673 on: September 12, 2010, 08:04:21 PM
exception to that would be Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood it got all the badassness of the manga

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #674 on: September 12, 2010, 08:09:16 PM
Yep, Brotherhood is pretty much win, but it was possible after they already had a not that good predecessor.
Don't get me wrong, I like the first anime, it' just not as good as the manga and brotherhood....

I wish there was a new Shaman King anime