Who of you plays Yu-gi-oh? Doesn´t matter if play it in Real Life or on a medium

Thanatos-Zero · 19529

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
I seriously have bad luck with booster packs. D:

or the scalers got to the good packs first and left you with the crap at the bottom of the barrel.

in other words, You're Too Slow.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Rock Bomb

• Worst Example of a
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Dark Magician Girl <3

Anyone else notice the arrow?

On the topic of booster pack luck, my first Booster pack, if I remember correctly, had Exodia's head in it.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
That image makes me think if Sub Tank drew that, or his Japanese counterpart, and the Arrow's part of the design~

Eh, booster packs just vary from time-to-time, but since the games have cards in them, more than likely is anyone's guess that they usually have the better cards in them (as well as the tins), like the Magnet Trio. I remember getting a rare card, I forgot which, and threw it onto my book.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Easily, without question, the best card I got in a pack was my Mirror Force.  This was back when I *shudder* worked at Hollywood Video.  I was on lunch, just happened to stop into the Bodega to get a drink, and decided to buy a pack of Cards.  LoL, I'll never forget when I read what the card can do.  I couldn't wait to show it off...IN A DUEL!

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
I ALWAYS wanted a Mirror Force, I kept buying booster packs, but it never appeared. The only actually rare cards (no, not the "rare" cards that come in every pack) that I ever obtain all come from the pre-made decks ;O;

My brother always had better luck with the cards, he got a [tornado fang]ing Blue Eyes Toon Dragon in his FIRST BOOSTER PACK EVER for crying out loud! XD

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Well, back in the day, Chi-Town use to be a great place for trading/trading in/buying cards.  Back when I use to buy a Box, and boy does it hurt to think of how much money I spent on the damn game, I remember when I got Yata.  As soon as I did, I brought it to Chi-Town, traded it in for like $100-$150, and got some really really nice cards for it.  I was never going to use that cheap-ass combo, so Yata served me well by getting me some really nice cards.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
I was about 10 or so back then, no way I could've ever afforded doing that kind of stuff though XD

Which reminds me, I never saw again my deck with all of my good cards or my folder with about 100 of them ;O; [tornado fang]ing thieves.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Honestly, it's better that you didn't spend the money.  I mean, I love YuGiOh and I don't regret playing it at all.  But [tornado fang], that was a nice chunk of change.  And it's not like was a regular tournament junkie, where I could at least try and get something back for my investment.  I just played for fun. 

Well, it also didn't help matters that CCG Tournaments players are, in my opinion, the stinkiest gamers that exist.  I mean, there came a point where I couldn't be in Neutral Ground for more than a minute, the smell was so awful.

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
One of few Ultra Rares I obtained and have long since traded as far as I can remember, is Dark Mirror Force. D:
I should go grab my cards and look through 'em.

My first and only Super Rare via booster pack was Limiter Removal. God I love that card. I got two more since then. XD

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Honestly, it's better that you didn't spend the money.  I mean, I love YuGiOh and I don't regret playing it at all.  But [tornado fang], that was a nice chunk of change.  And it's not like was a regular tournament junkie, where I could at least try and get something back for my investment.  I just played for fun. 

Well, it also didn't help matters that CCG Tournaments players are, in my opinion, the stinkiest gamers that exist.  I mean, there came a point where I couldn't be in Neutral Ground for more than a minute, the smell was so awful.

SOAP, [sonic slicer], THEY SHOULD USE IT!

Usually stinks like week old roadkill in those rooms.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile

SOAP, [sonic slicer], THEY SHOULD USE IT!

Usually stinks like week old roadkill in those rooms.

Abso-[tornado fang]ing-lutely.  Take showers.  Bathe!  Wash.  PLEASE!

Posted on: February 19, 2009, 11:44:12 AM
Maybe if we give these stinky nerds soap that looks like gaming controllers, they'll actually wash themselves!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I want one of those. I really do. XD

also, I once got a thousand eyes restrict from the "single card" plastics that vending machines have. but it was japanese. plus, the series was still in its like, first episodes, so i didnt quite know what it eas. so i sadly gave it away because it had no attack or defense.
I still kick myself to this day for that.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Easily, without question, the best card I got in a pack was my Mirror Force.  This was back when I *shudder* worked at Hollywood Video.  I was on lunch, just happened to stop into the Bodega to get a drink, and decided to buy a pack of Cards.  LoL, I'll never forget when I read what the card can do.  I couldn't wait to show it off...IN A DUEL!

I had pretty much the same kind of luck with my first ever booster pack. Mirror Force was so damn good. Then it got stolen. D:

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
also, I once got a thousand eyes restrict from the "single card" plastics that vending machines have. but it was japanese.

which reminds me. it's ridiculous that western tournaments don't allow Japanese cards, but eastern tournaments have no language restrictions.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
because most eastern schools teach English, while most Western schools don't teach Japanese.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
i hope that's not the TCG's argument. you still know what the card is based on the picture.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
but not what it does.

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Your opponent would also have to know what it does.
And if they don't recognize it and don't know it's effect, you could wing it.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
yeah, like every Japanese can read everything on English cards.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
no, but the ratio is much higher than american people who can read japanese cards.
plus the point still stands that most japanese schools teach english. so not everybody can read the cards, but most can. besides, american tornaments are usually comprised of nerds with attitude issues. japanese tournaments... well... are full of big talking leather wearing card flinging bishonens.
like, yknow, yugioh. 8D 8D 8D

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
I had pretty much the same kind of luck with my first ever booster pack. Mirror Force was so damn good. Then it got stolen. D:

Someone jacked your Mirror Force?  That's just wrong.

...Although it's just so useful.  But still, WRONG!

Either way, maybe tonight or tomorrow, I'll go through what decks I have right now and post what cards are in them.  I'd like to here other opinions on it and such.

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
I will do the same tomorrow! (If someone can remind me on the IRC channel or something) to go through my cards, and see if my desk is constructed, and then write 'em all down and list 'em up and all. :0 So you guys can see why my win/lose ratio is so one sided.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
I would think the whole using Japanese cards thing is done since we're a few sets behind Japan. At the same time, they want to make absolutely sure someone doesn't bullshit to the other person what the card does due to lack of knowledge of Japanese.

Yeah, I know there's still the picture but Upper Deck, who I think handles the game now, is anal enough to just ignore that.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
PB's Dark Paladin/Last Warrior Deck

Monsters

2x Dark Magician
2x Buster Blader
3x Skilled Dark Magician
2x Zombyra The Dark
2x Goblin Attack Force
2x Marauding Captain
2x Spear Dragon
3x King Of The Swamp
2x The Dark - Hex-Sealed Fusion
1x Exiled Force

21 Monster Cards Total

Fusion Monsters

3x Dark Paladin
2x The Last Warrior From Another Planet

5 Fusion Monster Cards Total

Magic

3x Polymerization
2x Fusion Gate
1x Monster Reborn
2x Book of Moon
1x Mystical Space Typhoon
2x Nobleman of Extermination
2x Reinforcement of the Army
1x Giant Trunade
2x Emblem of Dragon Destroyer
1x Heavy Storm
1x Lightning Vortex

18 Magic Cards Total

Traps

1x Mirror Force
2x Dust Tornado
3x Seven Tools Of The Bandit

6 Trap Cards Total

Dark Paladin/Last Warrior Deck Total
45 Cards / 5 Fusion Monster Cards

This is one of my better decks, IMO.  This deck first started out as a basic Spellcaster/Warrior deck, but thus evolved into this.  What I love about this deck is the many combinations it has, not to mention the great search ability of it.  King of the Swamp searches for Polymerization, if I need it.  Emblem of Dragon Destroyer gets me a Buster Blader from the Deck or Graveyard, allowing me to pretty much discard him if I need too.  Reinforcements of the Army can be used to get me Gobby, if I need brute force, Marauding Captain, if I need to use the MC Wall Stall, Zombrya if I need another stall or if I want to fuse him to get Last Warrior, or good ol' Exiled Force to get rid of something before pulling out a Fusion.

Also, if you notice, this deck is very Magic heavy, and really has no Traps except for Mirror Force, which really goes in every deck, and the Seven Tools/Dust Tornado's which are meant to stop or destroy trap cards.  The Magic Cards are pretty much either Search Cards, Fusion stuff, or Magic/Trap destroyers.  Otherwise though, this deck moves pretty fast.  I can't tell you how many times I've gotten Dark Paladin out on the first turn.

This deck's main weakness is Creature Effect cards, or a deck that specializes in stopping magic, like a Silent Swordman deck.  Otherwise though, I'm very happy with this deck.  Granted, sometimes the Crohn's Of The Cards likes to give me NOTHING but my LVL 7 Monsters all at once, as well as an Emblem of Dragon Destroyer just to [tornado fang] with me, but overall this is definitely one of my favorite decks to duel with.  Oh, how this deck, and I, miss Sinister Serpent though!  XD

Questions or Comments would be fun!   8)

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
no, but the ratio is much higher than american people who can read japanese cards.

source?

I would think the whole using Japanese cards thing is done since we're a few sets behind Japan. At the same time, they want to make absolutely sure someone doesn't bullshit to the other person what the card does due to lack of knowledge of Japanese.

Yeah, I know there's still the picture but Upper Deck, who I think handles the game now, is anal enough to just ignore that.

this i can understand. but in that case, why not just ban cards that haven't been released in English yet?

and if the person you're playing against doesn't know what a card does, what's wrong with a duel moderator verifying what the card can do? if anyone should know what every card does, it's them.

and i know some duelists can be dicks, but i don't think those on the professional level would lie about a card's effect.