"Tales of" Series

Setsuna F. Seiei · 141320

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #125 on: April 07, 2009, 09:01:53 AM
That because most of the good stuff doesn't make it's way here, unfortunately. Then they wonder why no one buys anything.

Well if they actually translated and ported over their Gundam games, I might wait for the translation.   8D

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #126 on: April 07, 2009, 09:07:08 AM
Well if they actually translated and ported over their Gundam games, I might wait for the translation.   8D
Exactly the type of thing I mean. No reason to wait if it won't come, right? :P

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #127 on: April 07, 2009, 09:10:59 AM
Exactly the type of thing I mean. No reason to wait if it won't come, right? :P

Damn skippy there's no reason.  Hell I had to get a Swap Magic for my PS2 for those two Gundam games!  The only English version they made was Gundam Vs. Zeta Gundam, which was [tornado fang]ing awesome too, and now not easy to find!  XD

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #128 on: April 07, 2009, 08:13:58 PM
Versus won't show up. They have no interest in the US market. Bandai doesn't see a large profit from the US PSP fanbase. Which is why they're not bringing RM2 either.

The only thing that might prove the opposite, is because...there is the thing that a US copyright for Vs. (and I believe Graces, too?) has already been filed.

Couple that with the notion that this game, whether one wants to admit it or not, is one that's meant to directly contend with a certain other "crossover fighter" starring another RPG franchise, and there's at least SOME hope for a US release release. After all, if Dissidia hits it off well with US PSP owners, that may only serve more of a reason for Bamco to want to try and get in on the act, too.

No guarantees, of course, but we can only wait and see. But any "serious" Tales fan would be ready to import any way. You miss out on too much good stuff like Tales of Destiny Remake: Director's Cut and Tales of Heart, if you do!  8D

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #129 on: April 07, 2009, 09:41:46 PM
So it's confirmed RM2 is not coming over? I'd imagine it'd have been a pain in the ass to hire all the voice actors for the dubbed characters and find new ones for the "new to the US" characters and Namco's laziness when it comes to that.

I'd have totally bought it too. It actually looked much better than the first one.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #130 on: April 07, 2009, 09:44:56 PM
I must have missed something.

What's RM2 again?

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #131 on: April 07, 2009, 09:46:46 PM
Radiant Mythology 2. I'm half surprised that they didn't bring it over, but then again the first one probably didn't sell well in North America.

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #132 on: April 08, 2009, 12:00:14 AM
Actually RM1 outsold Abyss and Legendia (I think that was the one) in the US. But is it really confirmed that RM2 isn't coming over? Would suck if it did, and my folks aren't too keen on importing stuff online.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #133 on: April 08, 2009, 04:27:16 AM
My guess is to wait for E3. Namco may show us more then.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #134 on: April 08, 2009, 04:37:19 AM

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #135 on: April 08, 2009, 05:01:51 AM
....No words.  8D

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #137 on: April 08, 2009, 05:10:07 AM
honestly, if you didn't expect Vesperia to eventually make its way over to the PS3, you're stupid.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #138 on: April 08, 2009, 05:12:07 AM
Will this do?  8D

...Now it just needs Bob Barker "politely pushing" the loser off camera, so that they can come back after the break, to the Big Wheel!  8D

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #139 on: April 08, 2009, 05:15:04 AM
...Now it just needs Bob Barker "politely pushing" the loser off camera, so that they can come back after the break, to the Big Wheel!  8D

Will this do?  8D

Offline TeaOfJay

• Resident Talking Tea Cup/ Lazy Super Hero
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH!
    • View Profile
Reply #140 on: April 08, 2009, 05:15:34 AM
Hey, if the PS3 version also has a Special Edition that includes Disk 2 to compliment the "Tales 10th Aniversary Volume 1" soundtrack in this version than I'm sold.

It's more that likely what's going to happen, since as I said the disk included in the Special Edition of Tales of Versperia for the 360 was volume one, meaning that they were planning on making more.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #142 on: April 08, 2009, 07:40:25 AM
Nice 404.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #143 on: April 08, 2009, 08:51:51 AM
Pfft, peasants. Go read the 11 forums. It all comes from them to begin with anyways.

The only thing that might prove the opposite, is because...there is the thing that a US copyright for Vs. (and I believe Graces, too?) has already been filed.

Couple that with the notion that this game, whether one wants to admit it or not, is one that's meant to directly contend with a certain other "crossover fighter" starring another RPG franchise, and there's at least SOME hope for a US release release. After all, if Dissidia hits it off well with US PSP owners, that may only serve more of a reason for Bamco to want to try and get in on the act, too.

No guarantees, of course, but we can only wait and see. But any "serious" Tales fan would be ready to import any way. You miss out on too much good stuff like Tales of Destiny Remake: Director's Cut and Tales of Heart, if you do!  8D

Except they've copyrighted almost everything in the US, and 90% of it's never reached or ever will. It's just a precation they do to avoid future disputes.

Also FF has a massive US fanbase, tales games, not as much.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #144 on: April 08, 2009, 09:40:28 AM
Vesperia PS3 is likely to come over, that much is certain. Tales of Graces is very likely because of the massive market the Wii holds. Tales of Vs. and RM2... well, for one, they're on PSP and that doesn't exactly have the best physical title ownership since piracy is much more rampant and easy to pull off. Ideally, I'd love both to come out since they could largely take battle calls from dubbed characters and just slap them in at almost no cost, worrying mostly about getting people to voice the otherwise undubbed people. Then there's the consideration that several of the games haven't been released here so many of the characters won't be as well known to a potential U.S. audience not of the Tales fandom. Top that with Final Fantasy pretty much being king of the mountain in terms of RPGs in the U.S. and this is going to be an uphill fight Namco may not be willing to fight.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #145 on: April 08, 2009, 10:26:40 AM
It won't come over. The 360 market is far larger then the PStripple in the US. And even then ToS only sold around 80 though.

They're not going to waste the money translateing the new material, rehireing the actors, rerecording, and mass produceing to blueray.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #146 on: April 08, 2009, 10:33:01 AM
Eternal Sonata begs to differ. At any rate, E3's pretty much the catalyst. If this is confirmed as coming over to the U.S. (It was rated by the ESRB for PS3 a long time ago, then quickly retracted as a mistake... lol) then I can finally get rid of my damn 360 for good. Vesperia was the last title I owned that kept that thing anchored here for me. I'd much rather just stick with the PS3.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #147 on: April 08, 2009, 12:02:05 PM
Oh well if it DOESN'T come over I'll buy the Xbox version for story, and then play the japanese PS3 version for bonus stuff.

Good god am I happy that the PS3 fucks regional coding in  the butt.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #148 on: April 08, 2009, 04:45:07 PM
No it doesn't. the US and Japan are just in the same region.  and the PS2 aspect of it still locks out PS2 games.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #149 on: April 08, 2009, 06:24:39 PM
Of course, but right now, I don't care about PS2 games. I got everything I want.

PS3 games however, know no boundaries.