"Tales of" Series

Setsuna F. Seiei · 137124

Offline ZeroCracked

• Trapped In The 2000's
  • A-Class Hunter
  • 'Ya better pray to Martel one last time...
    • View Profile
    • My Chatango Chatpod From When I Was Still A Nooblet
Reply #525 on: February 03, 2011, 11:05:26 PM
Exactly my point. Not everyone has money to waste on Sony's Piece of [parasitic bomb]-Station $300+ after all. With economic issues (lolol it comes up everywhere), bills, everyday expenses, more important things and so on... people have to make logical choices.

Sony's overpriced brick is not a logical choice. As such... Tales of Graces F would fit JUST fine on the Wii. It doesn't use retarded amounts of graphics or have a story that spans three discs... It's a good RPG, with the beautiful presentation that predates the bullshit HD crap we have today.

It isn't necessary. It is about as necessary as putting DISGAEA 3 on the bloody PS3. Seriously. WTF.

Ugh. I can't believe I logged in here again just to make this post.

Believe it, because this might be the best post I've seen all day.

Courage is the Magic that turns Dreams into Reality.

I learned that all things explode in slowmotion if you punch them hard enough.

You may have to be on fire for that to happen, though.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #526 on: February 03, 2011, 11:14:17 PM
It is about as necessary as putting DISGAEA 3 on the bloody PS3. Seriously. WTF.

And the no-brainer 4th title. They should have done it on the PSP. Makes way more sense that the previous entries (under diffrent titles) have been ported, and I've seen a decent price drop. Then again, the PSP ain't that popular in the states as it is in japan.

In Tales of Graces, I find this a bit of a problem since Bamco's being a bit undecisive lately. Plus taking the PS3 and the Tales series' popularity into account.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #527 on: February 03, 2011, 11:25:39 PM
You're all jumping the gun a bit here.

The PS3 version is the only strongly implied console at the moment because the game's already established there. I would be terribly unsurprised to see the Xbox 360 get it too.

The Wii, however, remains the anomaly. While it's true both versions of the game on there are bug riddled messes (one less so than the other), one thing to note is that Graces F is still under 9GBs in size. If I'm not mistaken, a dual-layered DVD holds just about that much. I wouldn't discount a Wii release yet, but I also wouldn't get my hopes up.

360 owners, however, have a much better chance.

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #528 on: February 04, 2011, 12:20:12 AM
*makes a note that it's Namcos fault for not releasing it on a system everyone owns*

Aresian

Reply #529 on: February 04, 2011, 02:27:05 AM
You're all jumping the gun a bit here.

The PS3 version is the only strongly implied console at the moment because the game's already established there. I would be terribly unsurprised to see the Xbox 360 get it too.

The Wii, however, remains the anomaly. While it's true both versions of the game on there are bug riddled messes (one less so than the other), one thing to note is that Graces F is still under 9GBs in size. If I'm not mistaken, a dual-layered DVD holds just about that much. I wouldn't discount a Wii release yet, but I also wouldn't get my hopes up.

360 owners, however, have a much better chance.

I realize I'm "getting ahead of yerself, Ghaleon" BUUUUUT... Check the track record on this [parasitic bomb]. All secondary releases of ANY major Tales games have been Sony systems only. Destiny, Symphonia, Vesperia and now Graces... to name the majority. I might be missing one. Point is... this is Namco's MO.

People are predictable, gaming companies are even MORE predictable. GENERALLY no one suddenly does a 360 (lol) and goes beyond their general expectancy... which is part of the problem in life. And in gaming. Oh what? Vesperia on the 360? Inorite... and then the remake was on PS3.

Point is... I'm not holding my breath. If they surprise me and give me my much awaited birthday present of Graces... I'll take back what I said, shut my [tornado fang]ing mouth and take any bullshit they have to say (or anyone else for that matter in regards to jumping the gun) kindly. I'm not beyond admitting wrongness... when I'm wrong.

Sadly this time, I don't think I am. I'm usually right, for better or worse.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #530 on: February 04, 2011, 04:11:10 AM
I realize I'm "getting ahead of yerself, Ghaleon" BUUUUUT... Check the track record on this [parasitic bomb]. All secondary releases of ANY major Tales games have been Sony systems only. Destiny, Symphonia, Vesperia and now Graces... to name the majority. I might be missing one. Point is... this is Namco's MO.

I hate it as much as you do, but don't you think that maybe, just maybe, that has something to do with the fact that all of the Tales of games that are on Sony systems have been outselling their Nintendo/MS version by quite a bit? Hell, Graces F outsold Graces' lifetime sales in one week, as much as I hate it I have to admit that they're on Sony consoles for a reason.

Of course, that doesn't mean I don't want to get the games too, I'm just being objective.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Aresian

Reply #531 on: February 04, 2011, 04:19:30 AM
I have no clue why, I really don't.

For some asnine reason, everyone buys what Sony craps out. At least back in the day of PSX and PS2, their systems actually had the majority of decent games... but the PS3 really doesn't appeal to me. The handful of games does not justify the ridiculous price range.

But so many people have parents that will shell out the ridiculous price tag... or worse, idiots that waste money they shouldn't on it.

Or they're middle-upper class. I dunno... regardless of the sales... I'll never let it justify it for me, as a consumer. As a company, they are probably making the best deal. You gotta cater to the majority sell, after all.

And the majority in this world is idiocy.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #532 on: February 04, 2011, 04:29:12 AM
All secondary releases of ANY major Tales games have been Sony systems only. Destiny, Symphonia, Vesperia and now Graces... to name the majority. I might be missing one. Point is... this is Namco's MO.

EVEN THEN, Tales games stateside are just as hard to aquire for the PSX, PS2, and now, the PS3. Add that fact that I did not knew the series existed until Tales of Symphonia's GCN debut. Bloody rating system.

I'm not the one to be butthurt here, but I'm okay with my two tales games.. although one's UMD protective casing is beginning to fall apart.. I think it was from the time I accidentally dropped it a couple of times, along with few other games. Damn.

I've had a hard time finding the US release of the Tales games I've been searching for already in game shoppes. Why does it need to be on a console with barely anything worthwhile? Eh.

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #533 on: February 04, 2011, 07:07:48 AM
I've seen a few copies of Abyss hovering around in the used PS2 sections around here. It's a pretty good game to advance to from Symphonia, but not so hot from newer games.

At the same time, Bound-by-blood-Phantasia and Destiny fans really do not care for it.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #534 on: February 04, 2011, 09:19:35 AM
I've seen a few copies of Abyss hovering around in the used PS2 sections around here. It's a pretty good game to advance to from Symphonia, but not so hot from newer games.

At the same time, Bound-by-blood-Phantasia and Destiny fans really do not care for it.
Which I don't understand. I greatly enjoyed Abyss, and I could probably replay it any time. I can't say the same for Symphonia (or Destiny for that matter... I know I know, heresy, whatever). Phantasia and Eternia I can go back to as well, actually.

Aresian

Reply #535 on: February 04, 2011, 09:39:01 AM
I enjoyed Abyss. I still love it greatly.

Not the point though. The point is that Namco needs to stop being a [sonic slicer]. Everyone with at LEAST half a brain knows Sony is full of it and that the price is ridiculous. The problem is that the MAJORITY of people have less than half a brain.

That's the point.

As for the interesting "heresy" that Fox pulled up... I can play any of the Tales games over again. I like them all individually as their own game. They all have strong points and low points and some are better than others in certain areas.

But Graces was THE game... and I'm missing out because I don't have extra income to spend needlessly and throw away countless dollars? Because my capitalist country is full of [parasitic bomb]? That seems pretty lame to me. 8|

Offline ZeroCracked

• Trapped In The 2000's
  • A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #536 on: February 04, 2011, 07:55:27 PM
Speaking of Abyss, who wants to bet that Abyss 3DS won't be localized?

Offline Ephidiel

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #537 on: February 04, 2011, 09:27:58 PM
well with the things now it might even get a chance of localization. though i'm not to optimistic.
Seeing as the 3DS is regionlocked i actually hope it'll be cracked open soon so i too can enjoy regionfreeness
or else i got to import the 3DS from japan ....

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #538 on: February 04, 2011, 09:31:46 PM

But for people like me who could never get past half-way (upon entering a new town in Phantasia, and reaching the rendezvous point with Stahn Aileron). Yeah.

Speaking of Abyss, who wants to bet that Abyss 3DS won't be localized?

Probably not until it's remake, so yeah.  ::)

Offline CephiYumi

• RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #539 on: February 04, 2011, 09:44:08 PM
Probably not until it's remake, so yeah.  ::)

what

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #540 on: February 04, 2011, 09:53:15 PM
It happens. Every few or so games, the origional game gets a tune-up (and a possible US release, but I doubt it). It's 'bound to happen. Just look at, well, Phantasia.

It had it's first "port" on the PSX (Character Design Updates, graphical improvements, etc), following it's GBA (and possibly it's JP VC) re-release(es).

Tales of Graces F here is another example. There have been some bugs in the origional titles, but with F's re-release, most bugs mentioned by people might've been corrected by the day the game's released, so yeah.

Offline ZeroCracked

• Trapped In The 2000's
  • A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #541 on: February 07, 2011, 09:29:05 PM
So yeah, I finally finished Symphonia.

I heard that Mithos' second form was a joke, but Mithos' second form is just a JOKE.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #542 on: February 07, 2011, 09:30:45 PM
He would have done well to have telegraphed some moves from Dhaos. Dhaos was a tough customer if you didn't stun lock him with Suzu's flaming shurikens or Chester's arrows.

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #543 on: February 09, 2011, 05:12:54 AM
RM3 is already out it seems. Spoiler ensues.

Anyhow I'm here to drop this scan.

Yay for our new token loli overlord. Her name is Leia Roland

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #544 on: February 09, 2011, 05:17:33 AM
Tales of Xillia? Sounds like a new title to me.. waait a minute! is it me or does it look like they changed artists?

..So it's the 15th anniversary of Tales, I am pleased to see what they are gonna do for this.

Offline borockman

• Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #545 on: February 09, 2011, 05:22:56 AM
It's been announced for about a month actually.

and the artists are both Fujishima and Inomata.

Offline Gaia

• Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #546 on: February 09, 2011, 10:22:28 PM
Huh, either news has been slow for me or I have been too busy to notice.. Oh well. I'm still intrested about this game myself..

Offline CephiYumi

• RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #547 on: February 09, 2011, 10:49:15 PM
Actually I think it was announced longer ago than that, but jus under "New PS3 Tales" with a random landscape scene.  A friend kept insisting it would be ToDIII

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #548 on: February 09, 2011, 11:04:27 PM
Oh yeah I forgot all about this.

This was the Tales with the neat city in the trailer, right?

Offline borockman

• Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #549 on: February 10, 2011, 12:36:02 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot about the city concept teaser.

If you count that, it was announced since Tales of Graces wii era I believe.

Might as well put Tales of Xillia official website here.

http://tox.namco-ch.net/