DASH Album may lead to the release of the Prototype?

Phi · 2951

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Huge grain of salt, obviously. From Protodude's RM Corner comes an... interesting story. Singer, Reika Morishita, plans to show support for the MegaMan community by releasing her soundtrack, reprising her two DASH theme songs.

To support our community, she is going to release her Mega Man Legends soundtrack reprisals at the end of May or early July, tentatively. During the meeting yesterday, she said that if her new soundtrack makes over 20,000 sales, Capcom Japan is likely to release the Mega Man Legends 3 Prototype Version on the e-shop. Although there are no guarantees, keep in mind she is a well-networked individual.

Full story in above link.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 04:08:45 AM
"Huge grain" doesn't begin to describe the amount of salt to take this with (many fans are overreacting already).  It's at worst gossiping nonsense, and at best a back channel; Reika isn't a Capcom employee.  Sven's doing some digging to see if the claim holds any water.  But regardless of what was said, or who said it, there is no commitment and it is completely deniable.

Nevertheless, even if it is a complete shot in the dark, it's still probably the best shot we've got (at least until we see a D-Arts Trigger, anyway).  And I actually happen to like Your Wind Is Blowing, so I do intend to track that CD down if it's at all possible (ah, living at the mercy of import shops...).  More than likely, I'll buy the CD and nothing will happen.  But I still get a CD.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 05:04:20 AM
"Huge grain" doesn't begin to describe the amount of salt to take this with (many fans are overreacting already).  It's at worst gossiping nonsense, and at best a back channel; Reika isn't a Capcom employee.  Sven's doing some digging to see if the claim holds any water.  But regardless of what was said, or who said it, there is no commitment and it is completely deniable.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 11:12:59 AM
Great way to get some extra sales!

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 05:47:56 PM
Great way to get some extra sales!
Agreed. Probably just saying that so it will sell. I doubt that will happen unless an internal Capcom employee confirms it.

I would think people would've bought it even if she didn't mention such a claim.

We'll see.