Rockman Perfect Memories

Other Things => Off The Wall => Roleplay => Topic started by: Quickman on February 23, 2013, 09:21:12 AM

Title: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Quickman on February 23, 2013, 09:21:12 AM
Welcome to Wushu!  This has been discussed in various other topics, and after some planning, it's finally getting off the ground!  So, we're kicking it off with the rules and character signups for your first learn-as-you-play campaign!  Oh my god, exclamatory sentences are awesome, I can't stop using them!

INDEX

This is going to be a long introductory post, as this is RPM's first Wushu campaign.  Thus, everything needs to be explained, and I will attempt to be as concise as possible.  So, here's the golden rules of Wushu, the ancient art of roleplaying:
(click to show/hide)

CORE MECHANICS
More rules!  This is going to be long.
(click to show/hide)

CHARACTER CREATION
(click to show/hide)

Time limit
Players will have twenty-four (24) hours to submit a narrative during their turn.  After that point, if the player has not submitted a narrative, the DM will commandeer that player's character for that turn.  This time limit is mainly to keep the game moving along.

Discussion
So, there you have it!  That's the basics of Wushu.  Ringman and I will DM the play-as-you-learn game, and we have pre-built character sheets already.  There will be a period of signups, which I may start either later this weekend, or wait until Monday.  But, until then... after you slogged through the tl;dr, you guys up for Wushu? :D
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! RULES AND INDEX IN FIRST POST!
Post by: Dr. Wily II on February 23, 2013, 09:33:26 AM
Oh my god, you sure weren't kidding about all that detailing. XD

I think I'mma need more time to digest the details, I'll get back to you. XD
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! RULES AND INDEX IN FIRST POST!
Post by: Quickman on February 23, 2013, 09:45:14 AM
They may look confusing, but once you get into the gameplay, it's really not that hard of a system to get accustomed to.  Particularly if the DM is handling all of the dice rolls.  It's basically playing Pretend with rules and dice.  Really.  That's what it amounts to.
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! RULES AND INDEX IN FIRST POST!
Post by: Mr. Haxwell on February 23, 2013, 04:40:19 PM
Damn, I'm eager to join, but like Wily, taking in all that, is going to take time getting used to.
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! RULES AND INDEX IN FIRST POST!
Post by: Fxeni on February 23, 2013, 05:35:23 PM
I'm up for it. There's a few things I'm not 100% sure about, but I figure I'd pick it up quickly enough.
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! RULES AND INDEX IN FIRST POST!
Post by: Quickman on February 24, 2013, 06:54:23 AM
Okay, well Ringman and I did a play test this evening to hammer out the rules a bit more, as they still confused us (well, they still confused me).  I may redo the first post at a later date, but here's the skinny on the dice rolls and Threat Rating.

On your turn, you are attacking the scene and the scene is attacking you with the power of 1.  Let's say you roll against Trait 2, which has a rating of 4.  You divide your pool to three Yang dice and two Yin dice.  The results are as follows:

Yang: 3,2,2
Yin: 1,5

You have three Yang successes and one Yin success.  You have attacked the scene three times (Yang), and defended against the scene's attack (Yin).  You therefore reduce the Threat Rating by 3, and you don't lose any Chi.

On each turn, the scene is always attacking you with a rating of one die.  You should reasonably have at least one Yin die to defend yourself against the scene.  Let's see the above rolls again with different results:

Yang: 1,4,6
Yin: 5,6

You rolled against a 4 and attacked the scene with three dice, but only with two successes.  You reduce the Threat Rating by 2.  But, wait!  You did not roll any successes against the scene's attack!  Thus, you lose one point of Chi.  

Let's see the scenario a third time with the same pool of Yin and Yang dice:

Yang: 5,6,5
Yin: 3,4

You rolled against a four and had no successes.  Thus, you do not advance the scene or lower the Threat Rating.  However, you did roll two successes for your Yin dice.  Thus, you easily defend yourself from the scene's attack and get to keep your Chi.

The rolls are about advancing the scene.  Yang advances the scene, as you attack the scene and lower the Threat Rating.  Yin defends yourself from the scene's attack on you (metaphorical attack, it doesn't actually do anything).  The scene is always threatening you with a rating of 1.  Your Yin dice defend that attack, should you roll a success.

Here's a sample of play:

DM: You guys find yourself overlooking the compound.  The rocky outcropping can be climbed, but there is also a path that winds down to the base.  There are guards milling about.  This scene has a Threat Rating of 10.

Player: All right, I'm using the Bounty Hunter trait.  Anyway, so Dengar hefts his blaster up to aim and picks off a guard in the distance.  The other guards notice that their comrade had fallen, so they start looking around for where the shot came from.  Dengar uses this distraction to pick off two more guards before someone points at the cliff.  A blaster bolt hits the rocks near where Dengar is crouching. "Uh oh...  Think we been spotted..."

DM: You're rolling against a three...  Two Yang, plus one Yin.  That's two ones and a four.  You lower the Threat Rating by two and advance the scene.

Player2: Okay, I'm using Toolbox for this one.  Fett shakes his head at Dengar's stupidity because he blew their cover.  So Fett takes out a small rocket-propelled smoke grenade and slips down into the winding path.  Hiding behind an outcropping, he fires the grenade down into a parked open-top speeder.  The grenade smokes and it billows out of the speeder, and the guards rush to deal with it.  Fett looks at Dengar and says, "Now, while they're distracted..." and he slips farther down the path, taking care to be unnoticed.

DM:  Rolling against a 4.  That's three Yang dice and two Yin.  Rolling them bones... 2, 4, 1... 1 and 3.  You reduce the Threat Rating by three and advance the scene.
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! RULES AND INDEX IN FIRST POST!
Post by: Dr. Wily II on February 24, 2013, 08:30:43 AM
OK, I think I'm game. XD
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! RULES AND INDEX IN FIRST POST!
Post by: White-Jet on February 24, 2013, 08:45:47 AM
I might use this for my Magical Dash RP once I find the time to get to know the mechanics better and flesh out a more believable storyline.
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! RULES AND INDEX IN FIRST POST!
Post by: Quickman on February 24, 2013, 08:51:06 AM
Yeah, Wushu is pretty simple and can be customized heavily.  What threw me was the Threat Rating.  It's more of a Mook Rating, or The Tally that You Need to Bring Down to Complete the Scene.  It's not the actual number of mooks, as that's arbitrary and left up to the player.  Seriously.

You could describe blowing away fifty mooks and roll one success and knock the rating down by 1.  You could knock off one mook and knock the rating down by 3.  The number of mooks, unless otherwise specified, is determined by the players.  The threat rating is That Tally that You Need to Bring Down to Complete the Scene.
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! RULES AND INDEX IN FIRST POST!
Post by: Quickman on February 25, 2013, 07:26:44 AM
You know what?  I'm impatient.  Let's get this damn thing underway!  I have my dice ready and the story went through a revision, and the campaign was play-tested.  Let's open the signups!

Wushu Signups!

There are seven characters and five available slots.  The signup period will last a week, or until all slots are filled, whichever comes first.  When signing up, please indicate which character you would like to portray.  For this play-as-you-learn, we have supplied you with pre-built character sheets.  

The Characters

Bossk
Chi- 3
(click to show/hide)

Dengar
Chi-3
(click to show/hide)

Boba Fett
Chi-3
(click to show/hide)

Greedo
Chi-3
(click to show/hide)

IG-88
Chi-3
(click to show/hide)

For your reference, here are the DM characters.  For this play-as-you-learn, I chose Zuckuss and Ringman chose 4-LOM.

4-LOM (Played by Ringman)
Chi-3
(click to show/hide)

Zuckuss (Played by Quickman)
Chi-3
(click to show/hide)

Now, onto the signup sheet.  Please post the entire list in your reply, with your name and character of choice listed.  This way, I can better keep track of who signs up.

SIGNUPS
1. Quickman (Zuckuss) (DM)
2. Ringman (4-LOM) (co-DM)
3. Protoman Blues (IG-88)
4. Maine Coon Hazard (Boba Fett)
5. Dr. Wily II (Bossk)
6. Pyro (Greedo)


If you have any questions, feel free to ask!  The signups will last a week, or until all available slots are filled.
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. SIGNUPS NOW OPEN!
Post by: Protoman Blues on February 25, 2013, 07:36:51 AM
PB calls IG-88

Also, did you make Greedo adept at sniping just to stick it to Lucas for the Han Shot First thing?  8D
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. SIGNUPS NOW OPEN!
Post by: Quickman on February 25, 2013, 07:44:37 AM
Yep!  I mean, look at those eyes.  There would be no way he'd miss.  And his ninja trait is because he got the drop on Han.  Greedo practically came out of nowhere.  He makes a good rogue.
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. SIGNUPS NOW OPEN!
Post by: Mr. Haxwell on February 25, 2013, 10:57:53 AM
I think I'll choose Boba Fett.
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. SIGNUPS NOW OPEN!
Post by: Dr. Wily II on February 25, 2013, 12:52:56 PM
Might as well try to learn, and learn to try!

Bossk! I choose you! *looks up*
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. SIGNUPS NOW OPEN!
Post by: Pyro on February 25, 2013, 04:02:47 PM
Y'know it might be fun to play an avaricious coward (if the character sheet is any indication) like Greedo and try to sell my "friends" out at every opportunity. Just keep keep me away from Han. :P
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. SIGNUPS NOW OPEN!
Post by: Ringman on February 25, 2013, 05:53:31 PM
Just letting you know I'm here.  Since this is a first time for most of us, the rules may change to adjust the group. 

I'd like to clarify some of the rules:

The GM determines the number and type of dice you get per turn, by YOUR NARRATIVE.  The more details/actions you describe the more dice you'll be awarded.  This is typically capped at 5 total.  The kinds of actions you describe will determine what kind of dice.  For example, if you describe your character doing something to bring the scene to a resolution (like killing bad guys, defusing a bomb, or plotting the best route between planets), you will be awarded Yang dice which, if successful, will reduce the Threat Rating.  If you describe you're character doing anything reactive or defensive like your character getting hurt, running, or putting himself in a defensive position, that gets a Yin dice.  If the type of action can't really be put in either context, it will typically default to Yin. 

As a courtesy the DM will always award you at least 1 free Yin dice to be used for defence against the scenes attack of 1 per round.  The more Yin dice you get, the less likely your character will end up losing chi, and ultimately losing their narrative power for that scene.  This provides an incentive to prevent people from constantly describing their character as always kicking ass.

Example:

The scene is a hallway firefight between Imperial Storm Troopers and 4-LOM.

4-LOM's narrative:
"4-LOM strafes out from behind the wall, into the corridor, and shoots one of the troopers in the gap of the armor on their left shoulder, effectively forcing him to drop his blaster.  The Stormtrooper behind him fires a return shot, that narrowly misses 4-LOM's head.  4-LOM, dives back into his safe spot behind the wall, just before the hallway becomes flooded with a cloud of blaster bolts.  4-LOM, now safe in the alcove, runs a diagnostics on himself to check for damage, and finding none, prepares for the next shot."

DM's interpretation:
The relevant trait, which is typically stated by the player, but can be overridden by the DM, is Sniper.
The DM assigns the player 4 dice for 4 actions: 4 LOM shoots/has a near miss/hides/runs diagnostics.  Your mileage may very. 

Here's how the DM might assign the dice:
 - Shooting - Yang (4-LOM tried to kill the bad guys)
 - Near miss - Yin (4-LOM played a passive role in this action)
 - Hiding - Yin (4-LOM attempted to gain a better defensive position)
 - Diagnostics - Yin ( This is mostly a passive action, as 4-LOM is not currently trying to eliminate the threat )

The DM would then roll for the player.   At least 1 successful Yin roll is needed to defend the player from the attack of 1 from the scene.  4-LOM has 3 chances at this.  If his 1 Yang dice is successful it will reduce the threat rating by 1.

Now here's a contrasting narrative:
"4-LOM goes full offensive, and takes out multiple troopers with his blaster.  3 of them drop from head shots. As fourth trooper comes charging at him, 4-LOM drops the man with a body shot.  4-LOM lets out a disturbing synthetic laugh as he lobs a thermal detonator at the leftovers. The explosion is massive, sending 5 more storm troopers flying into nearby walls, dying instantly. 4-LOM reloads his blaster and shouts "Hasta Salami, got nothing on me!"."

The DM interprets as this:
Trait : Sniper
 - Shoots troopers the first 3 - Yang
 - Shoots troopers the fourth trooper - Yang
 - Lobs detonator at troopers - Yang
 - Taunts the enemy - Yin*  (This one would be counted as a Yang, since taunts are considered an offensive tactic to demoralize the enemy, but the DM gives the player a Yin as a courtesy.)

So that's 3 Yang, and 1 Yin.  The plus-side of having more Yang, is that 4-LOM could potentially remove up to 3 points from the scene's threat rating.  The downside is, if that one Yin roll fails, 4-LOM will lose a point of chi.  If 4-LOM loses all of his chi, he doesn't get to do any more narration for this scene.

To reiterate - BALANCE IS IMPORTANT.  Describe your character constantly acting cool and always on the offence, and you may see your narration get cut-short.  Describe your character constantly running from everything, and always on the defensive, and you won't be reducing the threat-rating which will drag the scene out. 

My advice:
At the beginning of the scene, play it safe. Try to describe an equal amount of defence and reaction as offence and action.  As the scene finally begins wearing to a close, if you've still got plenty of chi to spare, narrate your character performing more risky, ass-kicking actions.  It will make for a more dramatic sequence to see characters that are clearly out-gunned in the beginning, but start gain the upper-hand in the end.

@Quickman: Sorry if this post was a bit wordy, feel free to trim it down to be more concise, and add it to the main rules post.  Also let me know if you disagree with anything.
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. SIGNUPS NOW OPEN!
Post by: Quickman on February 26, 2013, 08:34:03 AM
It looks good to me.  That's pretty much how I was going to assign the rolls.  Regardless of their narrative, everyone was going to get a free Yin die up to the dice cap.  So, you could have four Yangs and one Yin, if your narrative was entirely offensive play.  Otherwise, without that single Yin, you would lose a point of Chi, regardless of how you advance the scene.  This is because you didn't defend yourself from the scene's threat.

Remember:  The scene is always threatening you.  You should thus have at least one defensive roll to defend yourself from it.

Player sheet updated.  There is one slot left and one character left (Dengar).  Once all slots are filled or the signup period ends (whichever comes first), I'll determine player order (rolling a d8, the NPCs will always go last) and then begin play.  If anyone has any questions or needs things cleared up, now's the time to start asking!  Once play begins, all non-play-related discussion and non-narrative posts should be presented in brackets.
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. SIGNUPS NOW OPEN!
Post by: Ringman on February 26, 2013, 02:39:04 PM
Well, if we don't get Dengar, then I nominate Boba Fett as our pilot!  I remember our play test with Zuckuss piloting using only a 3!  :o
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. SIGNUPS NOW OPEN!
Post by: Quickman on February 27, 2013, 04:00:56 AM
It's a good thing that Zuckuss's voices were really encouraging that day! XD
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. SIGNUPS NOW OPEN!
Post by: Quickman on March 05, 2013, 03:06:11 AM
Alrighty!  Signups are closed.  I have determined player order via d6.  The player order is as follows:

1. Protoman Blues
2. Pyro
3. Maine Coon Hazard
4. Dr. Wily II
5. Ringman
6. Quickman

All players have twenty-four (24) hours to submit a narrative on their turn!  If they do not submit a narrative after the time limit, the DM will commandeer their character for that turn, in order to progress the game!

Now that we've got that out of the way, let's get this game rolling!  Any non-gameplay discussion should be in parentheses.  Narratives can be submitted in any format, but please include a trait that you're rolling against.  The trait could be included before the narrative, with your actions based around the trait, or after the narrative, after deciding what trait best fits your narrative.  

Story so far:

Kouskareaux, the arrogant son of the king Khijana, has decided that he can no longer wait until his turn has rightfully come up for the throne.  Thus, he has contracted the services of a number of the top bounty hunters in the galaxy to eliminate King Khijana.  The hit is to look like an assassination, as the hunters were told that King Khijana is a corrupt and evil man, with his fingers in the pockets of the poor.  This is a risky business offer, as should the bounty hunters fail, they will find themselves earning the ire of Kouskareaux, a very powerful man indeed.  Should they succeed... Well, let's just say that royal assassination never looks very pretty on one's résumé.  But, the price is right, and if Kouskareaux's credits shine, they're in.

Ship lands on asteroid, but it tripped perimeter alarm.  Khijana's thugs know that there are intruders on the asteroid base!  The bounty hunters, armed to the teeth, prepare themselves to infiltrate the base via the sewers.  Fortunately, 4-LOM had downloaded a floor plan of the sewer system after downloading them from the electronically-locked door.

The sewers have no atmosphere.  The bounty hunters are equipped with vacuum suits and the droids are immune.  Low gravity in the sewer.  Sewer tunnel has four branching paths.  Closest to left is higher, smaller, and with water coming out of it.  Second to right is larger, closer to the ground, dark, with slime and weird smells.  Beyond that, the tunnel comes to a dead end which branches off to the right and left, like a T.  You can see flickers of light reflected on the walls.  Zuckuss hears distant sirens.  You hear distant splashing that is coming closer.

Mook rating is 50 for ten rounds.

(Take it away, PB!  You get to kick this off.)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Protoman Blues on March 05, 2013, 06:43:09 AM
(Here's hoping I do this right! XD)

IG-88 rolls for Droid Brain

"QUIET. FROIDS." IG-88 said to the other hunters, still upset that the ship he was on tripped the perimeter alarm. What was suppose to be a stealthy assassination attempt was already in jeopardy due to working with feeble minded froids (flesh-roids). IG-88 hated Froids. He hated working with them. He hated being around them. If he didn't need them right now he'd just kill them all right here.

"PREPARE. YOURSELVES." IG-88 said as he began to analyze the situation.


(Trying to keep it short for the first entry.)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Quickman on March 05, 2013, 07:07:21 AM
(Okay, two Yins and one Yang (I'll count the alerting of the other characters as an action, rather than a defense), so...

Yang- 5
Yin- 3, 1

The mook rating remains the same, and it is now...

Pyro's turn!)

(Keep in mind: You guys decide on how many enemies there are, how they act, how they look, what they do, and how you beat the crap out of them.  The enemies are not the DM's job.  They're yours to play with.)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Pyro on March 05, 2013, 07:39:25 AM
(I guess I roll for Sneaky?)

"Don't tell me what to do, you glorified protocol droid," Greedo grumbled before his attention turned to the splashing noise in the distance.

He quietly broke off and moved towards the source of the noise. The last thing he needed now was for guard or a custodian to stumble upon their little operation so he took his blaster out from its holster and stayed close to the walls and waited for the noise to get closer.
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Quickman on March 05, 2013, 09:01:49 AM
QuickEdit: Recalculated roll, your Chi is fine.  My bad!

(Alrighty, four dice: Two Yins and two Yangs, rolling against a 5... Roll them bones!
 
Yin: 5, 5
Yang: 3, 1

Mook rating reduced by four.)

(Maine Coon Hazard is up, and the mook rating is 46.)

(Feel free to go nuts with your narrations and take out some mooks!  Remember, you control the mooks, the DM does not.  You control the mook numbers and actions.  If you want to bring in a bunch and start kicking their asses, go for it!)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Protoman Blues on March 05, 2013, 10:09:57 AM
(So did I do it right? XD)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Quickman on March 05, 2013, 10:15:12 AM
(Yeah, you were fine.  I just wasn't rolling those Yin against a 5.  Momentary brain fart.)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Protoman Blues on March 05, 2013, 10:18:00 AM
(Okay. Whew. The reason I made it so small was because from what I understood, I can only roll for a certain action and I believe that IG-88 would analyze the situation first before doing anything. Also, FROIDS!  8D)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Quickman on March 05, 2013, 10:21:07 AM
(You can throw in other actions all you want, but the roll will be based on the primary action of your narrative.  For example, you can say that you're being sneaky, so you sneak up behind some mooks and pilfer their blasters, because you're ninja-silent.  Then, you shoot them in the back and they fall forward like dominoes.  The roll will still be based on the Sneaky trait, but you can throw in some other stuff.  Or, you could narrate actions and then decide on a trait from that narrative, or leave the decision up to the DM.)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Protoman Blues on March 05, 2013, 10:23:19 AM
(Ahhhh okay. I'll remember that for the next time I narrate. Damn Froids!)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Mr. Haxwell on March 05, 2013, 10:34:22 AM
(Right, Boba Fett is in)

"Enough talk fools," Boba Fett not caring, as 15 grunty soldiers about to engage them, "I don't think our guests," starts readying his blasters, "are in the mood to chat."

(Right now, I'm a bit rusty, but I think it's better for me to start things slow, besides, everyone needs to get started, BTW)

Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Quickman on March 05, 2013, 10:50:22 AM
(Looks like general Bounty Hunter stat, which for Fett is a 4...  two Yin and one Yang, let's roll those bones!

Yin: 1, 5
Yang: 1

Scene progresses by one, mook rating reduced to 45.)

(Dr. Wily, you are up, and hopefully I catch this before I go to bed.  If not, Ringman might get it, or I'll check in when I sign on again.)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Dr. Wily II on March 05, 2013, 01:29:00 PM
(Given our timezones, I'll most likely post at around this time. >.> Anyways...)

(I'll go with Strongman here.)

"AHAHAHA!! SOME ACTION!! SHOOT FIRST, NEVER ASK LATER!!" Not wanting to let Boba Fett one-up him, Bossk rushes in head-first, literally, into the approaching soldiers, headbutting a few clean off their feet. Then from behind the soldiers, he took out his trusty blaster, and blasted down 2 more.

(Ehh... I hope I get his character right. >.>)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Ringman on March 05, 2013, 02:25:20 PM
[Hey Quick, you can roll for me and Wily consecutively, but I'll need to post now or I'll miss the chance ]
[ Using sniper , natch ]
4-LOM shouts "Wait Bossk!  We need to come up with a strategy first!!!," but its too late.  4-LOM crouches down low, hoping to avoid crossfire, and steadies his arms with his knee.  He is careful in providing cover fire for Bossk, as not to hit the quickly moving target, and picks off any stragglers sneaking up on him from the periphery.  He looks to the others, "We need to get in there and assist him, before he gets himself disintegrated!"

[Somebody's gonna have to take leader, of this, but its not going to be me as 4-LOM isn't that kind of character.  My personal vote goes to either Fett or Ig-88, but I'll let you guys decide, and fighting over the leader position, only at first, might make for good roleplaying. ]
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Quickman on March 06, 2013, 04:34:58 AM
(Wily:  Three Yangs and a Yin, rolling against a 5, let's roll them bones!

Yang: 4, 4, 3
Yin: 1

Mook level reduced by 11, mook rating down to 34)

(Ring: That's two Yins and two Yangs, against a 5, rolling them bones...

Yang: 5, 4
Yin: 1, 6

Mook level reduced by 9, Mook rating at 25 (depending on where we are, I may end up throwing in another wave, as this level is being picked off quickly...))

(Martial arts trait for this one)
Zuckuss isn't one to rush into the fray, so he slides along the wall, dodging the oncoming blasts.  Quickly, he ducks and rolls across the floor, then jumps to grab hold of the lip of the sewer pipe.  With some effort, he hoists himself inside and crawls through the narrow, dark passageway.  He finds that it branches off to his right, and he works his way down that path.  At the end, he slides out of the pipe and sneaks behind a guard, who is providing covering fire.  Quietly, Zuckuss lands a kick to the back of the guard's knees.  The man buckles and Zuckuss chops the back of the guard's neck with the heel of his hand.  Taking a moment to make sure that he wasn't heard, he lifts the guard's blaster and inches toward the branch of the pipe, hoping to provide some much-needed help from the other side.

(Whoo, got a bit action-heavy with this one.  Three Yangs and two Yins against a 5.  Rolling them bones...

Yang: 5, 4, 2
Yin: 2, 6

Mook rating reduced by 11, Mook rating down to 14 (Yeah, I'll throw in another wave))

(PB's turn!)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Protoman Blues on March 06, 2013, 07:09:56 AM
IG-88 rolls for Weapon Master

"ENOUGH. FOOLING. AROUND. FROIDS." IG-88 boldly states. He pulls out his blaster and states, "NO. WITNESSES." to the other bounty hunters, then proceeds to order the other hunters to kill everyone in their path. Analyzing the situation, he tells Zuckuss to make sure not one of their victims manages to get away. After instructing all the hunters on how to properly and logically proceed, he begins firing on their assailants."
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Quickman on March 06, 2013, 07:15:32 AM
(I almost vetoed that action, as Zuckuss isn't with the group right now.  But, I'm going to assume that they are all equipped with comlinks, as for a group... they really should be, so I'll leave it.  Anywho...  Two Yangs and a Yin against 5, rolling them bones...

Yang: 6, 4
Yin: 3

Mook rating reduced by 4.  Mook rating: 10  Once rating eliminated, I'll introduce another wave via intermission story text.)

(Take it away, Pyro!)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Protoman Blues on March 06, 2013, 07:21:19 AM
(If they're a team, I figured that they would! XD)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Pyro on March 06, 2013, 07:28:41 AM
(Going to roll for Sniper)

Greedo having stealthily maneuvered his way to a more favorable position to attack eyed the and carefully marked three of the more frisky soldiers. He curled a finger around trigger and then squeezed it. One blast struck the guard in the temple and down him instantly, then the Rodian aimed again once more and fired twice.
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Quickman on March 06, 2013, 07:53:32 AM
(Three Yangs and a courtesy Yin against a 4.  Rolling...

Yang: 1, 2, 3
Yin: 4

Mook rating reduced by 6.  Mook rating at 4.  If Maine Coon Hazard takes the rating down to 0, he gets to post a coup de grace to end the scene, and then I'll send in another wave.)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Mr. Haxwell on March 06, 2013, 09:46:17 AM
(Rolling for Rocket Man)

Boba Fett rushes in, not allowing the remaining guards escape, uses his jumpjet, by scaling off the walls, while dodging and flanking the remaining soldiers fire from the air. Then firing his blasters with perfect precision towards their heads, stopping them cold in their tracks. "Hmph, that was rather too easy, like shooting fish in a barrel" muttered Boba Fett, before holstering his blasters.
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Quickman on March 06, 2013, 09:58:36 AM
(Three Yangs and two Yin against a 4, rolling them bones...

Yang: 5, 4, 3
Yin: 5, 4

Mook rating reduced to 0, you get to do the coup de grace and end this scene!  Basically, describe the killing blow on how all the mooks were taken down.  No traits or dice rolling.  Just straight-up "here's how all the thugs were taken out, and how awesome I was in kicking their asses oh so thoroughly.")
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Mr. Haxwell on March 06, 2013, 11:47:52 AM
(Okay, correct me for any mistakes, since I've already described Fett, blowing the heads off of the remaining soldiers)

While waiting for the other Bounty Hunter's to regroup, Boba Fett notices one of his quarry struggling to his feet. "Ah, blast proof aren't we." says Boba, before walking over and kicking down the recovering guard, "Let's see if you're foot proof!" he exclaimed, before curbing him beneath his heel. Then not wasting any time, walks over to the other downed guards giving one last shot to each of their heads, just to make sure no-one survived his pursuit.

Boba Fett looks up seeing the other hunters regrouping to his location, "Well, took you saps long enough to clean up." he added, "I alone can deal with this rabble myself. Maybe I should take the lead, next time."
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Quickman on March 06, 2013, 12:31:27 PM
(You've given Fett a very Shadows of the Empire comic personality.  He never shuts up in the comic, and he even has the gall to make horrible puns!  He's so un-Fett, but at the same time, I love it.  He also gets pretty wordy in The Bounty Hunter Wars trilogy.  Anywho... onto the next wave...)

Zuckuss splashes down the pipe, pointing behind him.  "There's more coming!  But..." He pants as he slows. "But, we can't... I mean, there's an exit down there.  A door!  We could hold them off... but, someone would need to unlock it..." He looks to 4-LOM, unholsters his blaster, and takes up a position slightly within another branching sewer pipe, kneeling, and taking careful aim at the large pipe before the hunters.

Up ahead, the hunters can hear a whirring sound, followed by a loud "ka-CHUNK!" and the blare of an alarm klaxon somewhere farther down the pipe.  The grate at the end of the pipe shudders and emits a series of low, concussive thuds from around it.  Water drips from its seams.

"I don't like this..." Zuckuss says in a low voice as he backs a bit farther into the shadows, deciding that perhaps they don't need to unlock that door after all.

The grate, an imposing metal structure, bellows in protest as it begins to rise.  It grinds upward on rusted gears and shudders loudly to a stop.  A hand tosses a flash-bang under the grate, ensuring that the guards would have some cover as the ancient door finally opens.  The burst of light is blinding, with a deafening blast, and the guards charge in, not even waiting for the grate to finish opening, some of them having to crawl on their hands and knees just to get through.  Khijana is a powerful man.  Even his sewers are well-protected.

(Mook rating is 60.  Take it away, Dr. Wily!  And Ringman, if you want to post simultaneously.)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Dr. Wily II on March 06, 2013, 01:00:24 PM
(LOL, Fett still one-upped Bossk after all. 8D I wanna go Strongman again, but...)

Rolling Bounty Hunter.

Bossk grunted that Boba Fett managed to one-up him after all, but now wasn't the time to squabble, as a bright flash of light blinded his vision, and he could hear the roaring of even more guards pouring into the vicinity.

"GAH!! MY EYES!! Sounds like we have more company!!"

Bossk got on all fours, and felt his way around, and managed to pick up a spare blaster from one of the dead guards, and began some two-handed blaster action, generally aiming in the direction of the source of the roaring. He managed to hear a few moans and shouts, affirming he's shooting in the correct direction. He continued blastering, hearing even more shouts.
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Ringman on March 06, 2013, 01:20:38 PM
[ OK PAUSE !  OOC FOR THE REST OF THIS POST ]

Ok Quick.  I apologize for de-railing this, and I haven't had time to read through everything just yet, but it appears you are making a few mistakes.

Also please read this post as if it was said in the nicest most soothing voice.  I really have no clue how to type this without sounding like a jerk.

#1 You've been adding up the Yang results, and the Yin results.  It doesn't work that way. The numbers don't mean anything other than to tell you whether you had a success or not.  The reason for this is that it encourages people to use more actions.  The number of actions and the trait chosen should be largely determine your likelihood of successfully moving the scene.
You compare the numbers you roll against the stat you are rolling.  You get successes by rolling that stat or UNDER.
So if I roll against Sniper, my stat is a 5.  Any rolls that hit 5 or under are considered a success.  You count the number of successful die rolls.  So earlier I had a 5 and a 4. You said that reduced the mook level by 9.  That is incorrect.  It only reduces the mook level by 2.  Because I had 2 successes.  
This works the same with Yin.  Anything under my stat is a success.  I need at least one success to defend the scene's attack of 1.  If the number of successes are under the number of the scene's attack, we lose a chi.  

I hope this makes sense.


So, I'm not going to make us redo that scene or anything, but here's a quick break - down of what should've happened based on the rolls, as an example.

For Wily we had
Yang : 4 , 4 , 3 against a 5.  All 3 rolls are less than or equal to 5 so that makes 3 successes.  That reduced the mook rating by 3.
Yin : 1  - also against a 5.  That's easily less than or equal to 5 so that makes one success. That means Wily defended against the mook attack of 1, so no chi loss.

#2 You said that the description of how the mooks look is entirely up to the player.  This is not entirely correct.  Their basic look is up to the DM.  You need to provide the players with story cues.  We can add some details, like the mook was a fat guy, or a tall guy, or had a scar on his face or was weilding a thermal detonator / etc,  but you need to remember to stop any of us with a veto if our details are not plausible with the theme of the scenario.  Also, feel free to interject details in between our posts if you'd like, especially if the players seem to be having trouble getting started.  For example, when the other characters were being described as waiting for the mooks, you could've described some mooks dropping down behind us, or preparing to aim at us.  You can do this as long as it is not directly conflicting with things we've already stated, that you did not veto.  Once something is stated, its done, unless you the DM veto it. This may mean backing things up or changing some narratives if you didn't catch in until late, but we'll get the hang of this eventually, and vetos won't happen as often.  Furthermore, the players can suggest a veto at any time (which should tell the players to stop the action.)  But the DM has to approve.  The DM has full power to veto anything with or without suggestions from the player.  

#3 This part seemed fine, but remember, you determine the final stat being used for the rolls.  So I can say I'm using sniper, but if I never shoot at anything, or my shooting is clearly being undermined by another thematic stat, say I shoot a guy then describe my next 3 actions hacking into a system (Droid Brain) then you gotta check me on that.  

#4  give us some time to narrate what we are doing in between scenes, instead of just thrusting us into the next wave.  We do need to narrate the character's rp-ing during downtime, but we don't have to roll against anything, unless we're trying to do something fairly challenging, like trying to pick a lock or whatever.  At which point its a scab roll.  So after the sewer battle, I would've let us narrate where we were going, and yadda yadda.  Like since 4-LOM has schematics of the sewer, he should've been able to determine where they should go next, and vetoes still apply in these scenes as well.

Aside from that, I think people are doing alright.  We'll get the hang of this eventually.  I'm new to this too, so feel free to challenge me on any of the above statements.


Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Ringman on March 06, 2013, 01:31:14 PM
[ Not to be a stickler, but wouldn't Bossk be blinded by the Flash bang? I'll let that be the DM's call ]
4-LOM (Droid Brain)
Now knowing he needs to act fast, he first contracts the diaphragm's in his eyes to adjust to the new high light levels, and then opening up a plate connects his interface to the door.  He begins talking to the computer on the other end in, translating its language, and attempting to convince it that he is not a foreign threat.  The computer doesn't buy it, so 4-LOM shuts it down altogether before it can boot his connection.  This leaves him on manual he still has to go through all the proper routines to open the door.  He looks to Fett, "Do you have any grenades in that utility belt of yours that can hold these guys off?"

[After the action is over, you DM should let us rp where we go from here.  We do have some maps, we should be able to put them to good use, plus we can pick a leader and get ourselves organized a bit.]
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Dr. Wily II on March 06, 2013, 01:32:07 PM
(Hmm... You're right. I guess I'll edit my post a bit.)

(EDIT: Ok, edited to fit, and aiming generally blind.)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Ringman on March 06, 2013, 03:11:02 PM
[Good one Wily.  That works for me!]
[Question for Quickman, how wide would you say the pipes are?  How many people can they fit side to side.  Just thought with all these lasers going around it may be tricky to shoot without hitting our comrades.  Something to take into consideration with our narratives, if its important. ]
[ On a side note: Since this is beginning Wushu, I think we should just stick to the normal rules, but the door hacking situation could be counted as a Secondary objective.  Essentially it would be given its own mook rating.   In which case you'd have to divvy up my Yang successes between the main mooks (Soldiers) and the secondary mooks (The door).  It wouldn't typically add to the scene attack, unless it were something like a fire that we'd have to put out.  And it wouldn't necessary need to be completed to end the scene, but may affect the story depending on how it is connected to the story.  Without giving it a mook rating, I could say I hacked the door in one turn, which I think would be a bit lame.  So I'm being fair and describing it as taking place over a round or two.  Once again, this is nothing to worry about now, just something that might be interesting to include for future play sessions. ]
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Ringman on March 06, 2013, 03:20:15 PM
QuickEdit: Recalculated roll, your Chi is fine.  My bad!

(Alrighty, four dice: Two Yins and two Yangs, rolling against a 5... Roll them bones!
 
Yin: 5, 5
Yang: 3, 1

Mook rating reduced by four.)

(Maine Coon Hazard is up, and the mook rating is 46.)

(Feel free to go nuts with your narrations and take out some mooks!  Remember, you control the mooks, the DM does not.  You control the mook numbers and actions.  If you want to bring in a bunch and start kicking their asses, go for it!)

[Just posting this as an example since I just now noticed it.  Here's an example where both Yin's failed since he's supposed to be rolling a 4 or under for successes.  Which means Greedo would've lost a chi here since he didn't role a single success to negate the scene's attack.  However, as I stated previously, we'll ignore that and move on, and try to do it right in the next scene.  I'll try to catch these, the next time around.  Let's continue. ]
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Dr. Wily II on March 06, 2013, 04:34:19 PM
(Well, given Bossk is shooting blindly... I guess the rest of the bounty hunters can try to dodge his barrage. 8D)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Ringman on March 06, 2013, 04:38:29 PM
[ Lol!  Bossk's shooting blindly shouldn't be a problem, as long as he's in FRONT of the group. ]
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Dr. Wily II on March 06, 2013, 04:44:38 PM
(Last I checked... He ran ahead... Yea, he's in front. XD)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Quickman on March 07, 2013, 04:24:28 AM
(Yeah, brain fart on the mechanics again.  But, I'll (hopefully) get it right this time.  I'm too damn hung up on actually giving a crap about the dice totals when I really shouldn't be.  Damn you, DnD!  LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE DONE! *shakes fist* 

For the new scene, the Mook Rating is halved, so it's 30.  After this scene is done, it's a go for downtime, as next week I'm going to be away from Tuesday to Thursday.  And the sewer tunnel is pretty big.  You could fit three people side-by-side in it comfortably.  Add a fourth, and it becomes cramped.  Most branching tunnels will range from big enough for almost two, to you'll-get-a-face-full-of-sewer-water-as-you-crawl-through-it-on-your-belly.  If any branching tunnels are at floor-level, they'll be big enough for one person to slip into easily.  Mid-height and you have to crawl through them.  Higher, and you'd better hope you're skinny enough to fit and no one upstairs flushes.  Eew!

Anywho...

Wily: Three Yangs and a Yin against a 5...

Yang: 5, 4, 2
Yin: 3

Three Yang successes and a Yin success, Mook Rating reduced by 3: 27

Ring: Three Yangs and two Yins against a 4...

Yang: 6, 6, 2
Yin: 6, 2

One Yang success and one Yin success, Mook Rating reduced by 1: 26)

(Please tell me that I'm doing this right now. :P )

(Going for the Findsman trait.  Zuckuss is accessing the mists to find out the relative position of the characters.)

That flash-bang was brutal on compound eyes, and everyone before Zuckuss appears as blurry blobs of prismatic white and yellow.  He hears the shouts to his right and turns to face blurry blobs, streaks of bright blurry blobs, and a large blurry blob in the middle of the attacking blurry blobs.  He exhales behind his mask, backs against the wall, and focuses, attempting to triangulate everyone's position while he calls upon his long-ingrained findsman training to aid him.  An image flashes into his mind for a brief moment, and Zuckuss brings his attention back to the battle.  Carefully, he hoists his blaster up, aims between the two closest blurry blobs, and picks off a blurry blob toward the end of the tunnel. "4-LOM, please tell me that I didn't accidentally hit you..."

(Two Yangs and two Yins against a 4...

Yang: 6, 3
Yin: 3, 1

One success, reducing the rating by one: 25

Take it away, IG-88!) 
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Ringman on March 07, 2013, 12:58:34 PM
[ Yep!  You got it now.  Man the dice weren't loving me!  Three 6's ugh! ]
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Protoman Blues on March 08, 2013, 04:41:53 AM
IG88 Rolls for Droid Brain

As the flash bomb effect was beginning to wear off on everyone, IG-88 could hear multiple splashes in the sewer water amid the blaster fire from his fellow hunters. "STILL. MORE. COMING. FROIDS." he yelled out to his team. "WE. MUST. CONTINUE. TO. HOLD. THEM. OFF." Holding his weapon up, he shouted out "RE. GROUP. AND. ATTEMPT. ESCAPE." IG-88 then began to lay down cover fire, making sure to avoid hitting his teammates even though he kinda wanted too!
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Quickman on March 08, 2013, 07:16:15 AM
(One Yin and two Yangs against a 4...

Yang: 6, 4
Yin: 4

Mook rating reduced by one: 24)

(Go to it, Greedo!)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Pyro on March 08, 2013, 11:12:27 PM
Greedo ducked under the hail of blaster fire and retreated behind IG-88. He aimed his blaster and fired while moving back despite being inclined to make a run for it.

"We could use those grenades now!"
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Quickman on March 08, 2013, 11:27:20 PM
(Not rolling against anything specific, standard 2.  Two Yins and a Yang.

Yang: 3
Yin: 4, 2

No scene progression.  Mook rating stands at 24)

Boba "MCH" Fett's turn.)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Mr. Haxwell on March 09, 2013, 09:29:29 AM
(I think rolling for Toolbox is needed here)

Reaching his belt full of grenades, while taking cover from the constant crossfire, Fett grabs a smoke and frag. Blindly tosses the smoke nade shouting,"Frag out!!" towards the direction where the firing is coming from. The hunters' pursuers notices the nade coming their way. Thinking it was maybe a frag, they immediately started diving in all directions, breaking their formation in the process. Fett not wasting time, clearly throws the frag towards the larger group of enemies scattered all over, quietly, as they we're unaware a little present from Fett falls in between them and immediately sending them flying as it explodes without warning.

"Hah, smoke and mirrors, fools" Fett chuckles, as he grabs another frag from his belt and a blaster from the other, "These pitiful vermin can't even tell a smoke from a frag" then throws towards another group. "Okay people," Fett called the others as the frag only takes out a few more soldiers, "they're nothing now, this should be over in no time." Fett starts providing cover fire for the others to join him, "or shall I just clean this up myself, like before." he added as he was already beginning to pick off a few more attackers with his blaster.
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Quickman on March 09, 2013, 09:44:05 AM
(Okay, five at the cap, four Yangs and a courtesy Yin against a 4...

Yang: 6, 4, 4, 2
Yin: 2

Mook rating reduced by three.  Mook rating at 21)

(Dr. Bossk's turn!)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Dr. Wily II on March 09, 2013, 03:28:13 PM
(Dr. Bossk... Sounds catchy. XD)

Rolling Temperamental Bounty Hunter.

As his sight slowly returned to him, Bossk could start to make out some blobs of movement. Just as he prepared to shoot at the blobs, everything became blur again. It was only then that he noticed the smoke and started to cough. First being blinded, now choking on smoke, enough was enough.

"THAT'S IT!! YOU ALL WILL PAY!! NO HOLDS BARRED!!"

With vision almost fully back, Bossk rushed right into a group of soldiers, totally ignoring the orders of his fellow droid bounty hunter. Still dual-wielding, Bossk blasted at the group, taking down a few. Those that managed to dodge the laser barrage, were headbutted with extreme prejudice.

"MORE!! GIVE ME MORE TO KILL!!"
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Ringman on March 11, 2013, 12:03:38 PM
[ PAUSE ]
[ Just letting you know, and Quick now, that you aren't actually rolling against temperamental.  That's a weakness.  You only roll against your weaknesses when you are acting AGAINST them, hence out of character.  So if Bossk is getting angry that's actually "in character" for him.  Weaknesses will rarely ever be used, they are there to determine more what your character will not do, rather than what he will do.  If Bossk had kept his cool in this situation, then he'd have to roll against temperamental.  I'd say bounty hunter in this case.  Agreed? ]

[Greedo's move, stating "despite being inclined to make a run for it" is a bit closer to his weakness of coward, but I wouldn't penalize him for it, since he still didn't rush headlong into the scene. ]

Posted on: March 11, 2013, 10:55:48 AM
[OOPS forgot to take my turn ] [Droid brain (continued) ]
4-LOM turns down his audio receptors a tad, to ignore the noise and commotion from behind him and concentrates on slicing the door.  First he locates the mechanism by which the door itself is raised, it's a simple chain, crank, pully system.  He locates the circuit that activates the internal crank, and gives it some juice.  The grate clicks up a notch.  He realizes there are auto catches in the grooves that prevent the grate from accidentally falling on someone, which also must be synchronously released along with the raising of the grate.  He raises it several clicks more, making sure to release the catches in-time with the raise to prevent the door from jamming.  If only the organic sophonts knew how difficult this stuff actually was!  [ Should be open by next round! ]
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Dr. Wily II on March 11, 2013, 01:19:42 PM
(And hence the part of learning the ropes! :P OK, now I have that sorted out, changing to Bounty Hunter then.)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Quickman on March 12, 2013, 02:12:55 AM
(Vetoing the coughing, as Bossk is wearing a vacuum suit, as are the rest of the organics.  The sewers do not support an atmosphere and the characters began play with suits.)

(The dice were against Bossk, with his two Yangs and a Yin against a 3...

Yang: 5, 4
Yin: 2

No scene progression, mook level remains at 21.)

(Onto 4-LOM...  And why am I suddenly reminded of a certain puzzle in a certain Wizardy...?)

(Three Yangs and two Yin against a 4...  The dice aren't kind tonight... but they were a bit better behaved this turn...

Yang: 6, 6, 4
Yin, 4, 2

Mook rating reduced by one: 20)

Zuckuss's vision had returned, albeit a few spots remaining.  Considering that his eyes are all lens and retina, he'll be seeing those spots for a while.  But, he could see enough to shoot, and that was what he did.  He aimed between Bossk's wild shooting and picked off any thugs even thinking about disturbing 4-LOM's work.  As a blaster bolt sailed passed his head, he ducked back into his niche for a moment.  "I don't like this..."  He had been in firefights before, but this one was starting to get to him...

(Bounty hunter trait for this one.  Two Yangs and a Yin against a 3...

Yang: 5, 3
Yin: 3

Mook rating reduced by one: 19)

(Show us how an assassin droid does it, Iggy!)

[NOTE:  Tomorrow (Tuesday) I'll be heading out of town until Thursday.  I will be taking my computer with me, but I can't make any guarantees that I'll be online.  If Ringman wants to commandeer Zuckuss for a bit and take over DM duties, that's fine.  If you'd rather just put the game on hold until I get back, that works, too.  But, I'm letting you know now.]
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Protoman Blues on March 12, 2013, 07:03:31 AM
IG-88 rolls for Weapons Master

"ENOUGH. OF. THIS." yelled IG-88. Using his superior assassin droid targeting skills, he began to aim for the enemies head. "GET. THAT. HATCH. OPEN. NOW, FROID!" hollered the frustrated droid while firing his blaster. "WHOEVER. HAS. A. SMOKE. GRENADE, USE. IT. NOW." he ordered. His analytic skills made him realize that if they were going to accomplish this mission, he was probably going to have to take command. IG-88 thought of letting Fett lead, but he couldn't take the chance of relying on a Froid. Survival was the most important task at the moment, followed by the actual assassination itself!
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Quickman on March 12, 2013, 07:08:11 AM
(That's three Yangs and a Yin, against a 5...

Yang: 6, 5, 5
Yin: 1

Mook rating reduced by two: 17)

(You're up, Greedo!)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Protoman Blues on March 12, 2013, 07:12:26 AM
(That roll sucked, didn't it? XD)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Quickman on March 12, 2013, 07:39:59 AM
(Well, not entirely.  Now, if you had all sixes, then it would have sucked big time.  But, the two fives were certainly pushing it.)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Pyro on March 12, 2013, 03:27:41 PM
(Greedo rolls for "Bounty Hunter")

Greedo fired his blaster one more and and then stopped to unclip one of smoke grenades he brought with him on the mission. He tossed it at the guards and it released a cloud of opaque smoke that made it near-impossible for their adversaries to see them. He could, however, make us their shadows in the hazed and fired his blaster to shoot one in the head before it got too thick.

"How is that, Rust Bucket?" He snipped at !G-88.
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Dr. Wily II on March 12, 2013, 04:39:58 PM
(Darn, I'm having a bad memory lapse again. THE MORE YOU LEARN THROUGH MISTAKES)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Quickman on March 15, 2013, 02:49:14 AM
(Heh, indeed.  I'm only just now remembering the stats without having to check my text files.  Well, I remember that Fett has 4 for all his stats and everyone else who has Bounty Hunter rolls against a 3. 8D  Anywho...

(Three Yangs and a courtesy Yin against a 3...

Yang: 6, 4, 2
Yin: 5

OUCH!  Greedo lost a point of Chi with that five!  So, he has 2.

Mook rating reduced by one: 16)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Mr. Haxwell on March 15, 2013, 09:35:44 AM
(Right rolling for Bounty Hunter)

Seeing an opportunity to steal more kills, Fett grabs another frag from his belt, delays his throw so that the grenade explodes on contact. "Oh, this is going to be over in no time.", smirked an over confident bounty hunter, as the screams of dying soldiers can be heard after the frag exploded. He then grabs his duel blasters, and start laying constant fire towards his unsuspecting prey, while repositioning himself to cause more confusion to his pursuers, so that they're unlikely to pin him down.

"Hmm, seems my aim is more godlike, than I thought." he adds, as he assumes the sound of more bodies hitting the ground tells him that he's hit quite a bunch. Grabbing a smoke nade, but saving it until Greedo's smoke dissipates.
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Quickman on March 16, 2013, 03:34:55 AM
(Three Yangs and two Yin at the cap, against a 4...

Yang: 6, 3, 1
Yin: 5, 4

Mook rating reduced by two: 14)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Dr. Wily II on March 16, 2013, 07:17:15 AM
Rolling for Strongman.

More smoke. Just great. And just after regaining his sight even. Oh well, at least he was aiming in the right direction. As more blobs appeared wthin the smoke, Bossk continued to dual blast the guards, or whatever they are, hearing more thuds as the bodies continued to pile up.

With cover fire from his fellow bounty hunters, Bossk decided to backtrack a bit, and somehow managed to return to the same corpse where he picked up the second blaster. Sheathing his own back, and putting the extra down, Bossk picked up the corpse, and heaved it over his shoulders, then over his head.

"YOU'D LIKE SOME OF US HUH!? HOW ABOUT HAVING A TASTE OF YOUR OWN!?"

Bossk threw the corpse into the smoke, and upon hearing several hard thuds and screams, laughed out loud.

"HAHAHA!! GUESS YOU DON'T LIKE THE TASTE TOO!!"

Bossk took out his blaster again, and solo blasted into the smoke.


(OK, I hope I got this right this time.)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Quickman on March 16, 2013, 07:54:25 AM
(Three Yangs and two Yin against a 5...

Yang: 4, 3, 2
Yin: 3, 3

Mook rating reduced by three: 11)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Ringman on March 21, 2013, 12:34:29 PM
[Sorry bout the long delay.  If that happens again, just take control of 4-LOM.  I've been pretty busy with a load of stuff at work. ]

[In addition to that, I had a possible thought.  I don't think, a true smoke grenade wouldn't work in a vacuum, even with provided oxidizer, as any fire would burn up the oxygen really fast, and smoke wouldn't linger.  Correct me if I'm wrong.  However using a vapor of some kind should work.  I'm assuming that's what's going on here, so no need to veto, just throwing that out there. ]

[Also, since Greedo lost some CHI, nows the time to bring up another rule.  Greedo, needs to add some kind of setback to his next narration.  Getting hurt, or tripping, or dropping/losing his weapon in some way.  Something like that.  However, keep in mind if he loses his weapon, he won't be able to roll against sniper till he gets it back. ]

[Anyway rolling against Droid Brain ]

4-LOM nearly losing concentration with all the noise and smoke, adjusts his audio receptors to only respond to statements by his comrades that include his name, and turns down the volume on all other sounds.  Finally after a few more release of catches the gate's nearly open enough to fit the last person through, but then something unexpected happens.  The last catch malfunctions freezing the gate.  Zuckuss, Greedo, IG-88 and him may be able to squeeze under, but Bossk and Boba Fett will have trouble.  4-LOM reaches down and attempts to pull the gate up by force, but it doesn't budge.  He calls to Bossk "Bossk!  The Gate is stuck, we won't be able to fit underneath!  I  need your help prying this open and FAST!"

[ I had an idea for a possible house rule.  Since this is a team effort of Bossk and 4-LOM (assuming Bossk narrates 4-LOM helping him to lift the gate on his next turn), after Bossk's description you should roll twice, one against 4-LOM's stats and one against Bossk's and then take the better successes of the 2 for both Yin and Yang.  However since lifting a gate is not in 4-LOM's forte, he should roll against a 2 while Bossk will be rolling against a 5 for Strongman.  So take the higher successes from whoever gets the better Yang, and then also take the higher successes from who gets the better Yin.  If you think that's a cool idea.  If Anyone dis-agrees, please speak up. ]
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Dr. Wily II on March 21, 2013, 01:03:13 PM
(... Just to be sure... This part will come when it comes to my turn again right? Also, so much to think about... @_@)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Ringman on March 21, 2013, 01:14:03 PM
[ Don't worry.  Only if you want to do it.  And when you want to do it.  You're in control of your character, so you can ignore 4-LOM if you wish, it may add more drama, its entirely up to you.  4-LOM's going to keep shouting for help as he strains on the door, and if somehow he manages to get the final mook level down, I can narrate him miraculously pulling the door up.  Though I doubt it since I'll be rolling against a 2 on any door lifting maneuvers.  ]
[ Also don't worry too much about any of my rule suggestions.  I'm just throwing them out there, some are from advanced WUSHU, and some are ones I made up. You guys have the ability to suggest a veto on anything.  Quickman has the final say, however, and she'll tell us if we need to re-do something or we didn't do something correctly.  If this makes everything TOO complicated we can squash the idea. ]
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Dr. Wily II on March 21, 2013, 01:15:21 PM
(Well... Just putting out my thoughts, tis' all.)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Ringman on March 21, 2013, 01:28:17 PM
[And that's exactly what I want you to do. ;)   These are all just suggestions, and the most important thing is that we all have fun.  Hopefully I haven't sounded too demanding, or controlling to anyone.  If anyone does think I sound like a mad dictator, maybe its because my avatar always looks like the annoyed boss with his cross expression, big desk, and fancy chair. Lol.  I'm having fun, and I think you are all doing great, especially with the limited situation we have here, (not much can happen in a sewer tube.).  ]
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Pyro on March 21, 2013, 04:34:25 PM
(I am going to have to ask somebody to take control of Greedo for the next week because I am going to be tapping maple trees in the Ottawa Valley.)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Quickman on March 25, 2013, 04:40:36 AM
(4-LOM: Two Yangs and two Yins against a 4:
Yang: 5, 6
Yin: 4, 2

Mook rating remains at 11.)

(Zuckuss uses Bounty Hunter)

Zuckuss sees 4-LOM struggling with the gate and provides his droid comrade some covering fire.  He takes a moment to slip out of his hiding spot and sprint for a new one, jumping to reach a mid-height pipe along the tunnel wall, in which he crawls in.  Squirming and turning himself around, he lays on his belly in the pipe, his blaster's sight to his eye, and he fires at the remaining mercenaries. 

(Two Yang and a Yin against a three...

Yang: 3, 2
Yin: 6 (!)

Zuckuss loses a point of Chi.  Mook rating reduced by two: 9)

(I'll commandeer Greedo when his turn comes up.  Hopefully the dice are a bit nicer that time around.)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Ringman on March 25, 2013, 01:53:13 PM
[Ugh!  Crappy Crappy rolls!  This last group has us seriously pinned and we are taking some damage for it! ]
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Quickman on March 27, 2013, 07:49:20 AM
(Yeah, the rolls have been sucky as of late.  Though, I have plans for how I'll penalize Zuckuss for losing that one point of chi.)

Posted on: March 26, 2013, 02:24:20 AM
(Commandeering both IG-88 (at PB's request) and Greedo for one go:)

(IG-88 is using Weapons Master)

A blaster bolt ricochets off of IG-88's laser-reflective palm and he flips his weapon around and swings the butt of his rifle upward, which clocks a foolishly-brave mercenary in the chin of his vacuum suit.  He disarms the man and grabs him by the arm, spinning him about, and holding the mercenary against his chest.  In one swift motion, IG-88 unhooks the clasps of the vacuum suit and pries the helmet away from the mercenary's face as the horrified man suffocates within an instant.  He flips the man forward and swings the limp body by the legs, knocking two other foolish mercenaries aside.  Organics are stupid to think themselves invincible, even when in the presence of death...

(That's three Yangs and a Yin against a 5...

Yang: 5, 2, 1
Yin: 3

Mook rating reduced by three: 6)

(Onto Greedo...)

Greedo yelped as the reflected blast from IG-88's palm singed across his left shoulder.  He heard a hissing and he quickly dropped his weapon and dug around in his suit's utility pouch for a strip of repair adhesive.  These cheap suits were not self-sealing, like those more expensive enviro-suits.  Hurriedly, he slapped the repair strip over the tear, and then looked around for his weapon... only to hear a "click" of the safety.  There, beside him, some goon had taken advantage of Greedo's situation and had snapped up his own weapon.  However, in his favor, he knew how these types of thugs thought--much like himself, he had to admit.  So, he kicked the man in the crotch.

(Bounty Hunter is the most-fitting trait to use for this, though you could say that Greedo's fancy footwork could count as Sniper.  Legs have some range, right?  Your boot could be a weapon of choice.  Buuuuuut... That's confusing, so I'll stick to Bounty Hunter.)

(Two Yins and three Yangs against a 3...

Yang: 5, 5, 4
Yin: 4, 1

Mook rating remains at 6.  But at least Greedo doesn't lose any Chi!)

(You're up, MCH.)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Mr. Haxwell on March 27, 2013, 01:34:12 PM
(Rocketman activated)

Seeing as Bossk is now obstructing his shots, Boba Fett decides it was time to flank his opposers from the rear. As fast as he can, he jumps up high, then launches himself across the corridor with his rocket boots, over Bossk and the other goons, at speed so fast, not even one of the goons could get a lock on him. Then as he passes the rearmost soldier, he quickly swings his feet in front of him, so that he could use his boosters as brakes, and land safely on the other side of the goons, who are now sandwiched between him and Bossk.

Then with swift hands, grabs a frag one hand and a blaster in the other. With his agility, he quickly shoots down a few guards, avoiding most of their gun fire. then, as he approaches some cover tosses the armed frag to the one side, making sure he doesn't throw it straight towards Bossk's direction, taking out a few more soldiers as he sends more feedback with his blaster in hand, behind cover.
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Quickman on March 28, 2013, 04:37:03 AM
(Three Yangs and two Yin against a 4...

Yang: 6, 6, 2
Yin: 4, 3

Mook rating reduced by one: 5)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Dr. Wily II on March 28, 2013, 02:18:27 PM
(OK, so... I was blasting some thugs, and a droid calls for help...)

Rolling Strongman.

"BUT I WANNA SHOOT MORE RANDOM THUGS!!"

Bossk had been solo-blasting for a bit, until hearing a yell from 4-LOM. Who would have thought of that, a yelling droid. That's not dying. Slightly grunting under his breath, Bossk fiddled with his utility belt for a bit, but was suddenly shaken by a frag-plosion. Although he was spared from the blast, he could still feel the slight shockwave.

"DARN YOU SHOWOFFETT!!"

Bossk finally finds a smoke grenade, and threw it into the crowd of blobs, distracting them just long enough for Bossk to make a mad dash towards the source of the yell. Upon seeing 4-LOM's struggling frame, Bossk found a spot, and heaved with all his might.

"I BETTER GET PAID MORE FOR THIS!!"

(Hoping didn't miss/mess something.)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Quickman on March 30, 2013, 03:41:04 AM
(Two Yangs and two Yin against a 5...

Yang: 5, 3
Yin: 3, 1

Mook rating reduced by two: 3)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Ringman on April 01, 2013, 01:07:05 PM
[Oh if Quickman wants to add an extra Yang dice to my turn as a bonus for Bossk helping me, then that'd be great.  If we nail this together, I'll give Bossk the coup de grace.]
[ Using Droid brain believe it or not, attempting to go all Yang on this one ]
Within nano seconds, 4-LOM calculates the best possible solution to the current problem in his cpu.  Then reacting quickly, breaks open one of his supply tubes, spraying lubricant around the edge of the grate, to help it slide better.  He recloses his valve, then crouches down low for a good sturdy position, with his right knee raised.  He puts his rifle balanced against the top of his knee with the butt end underneath the grate, and using the rifle as a lever pushes down hard against the barrel with his arms, effectively raising the grate open (with Bossk's help).  (Tis always easier to push then to lift.)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Quickman on April 04, 2013, 04:15:13 AM
(Okay, four Yang and a courtesy Yin against a 4...

Yang: 2, 2, 3, 4
Yin: 6 (!)

Bossk's Yang and courtesy Yin against a 5...

Yang: 2
Yin: 6 (!)

We're losing Chi across the board!  But, the Mook rating has been vanquished: 0 (-2 if you really want to be picky))

(I'll pass my turn for Bossk to have the coup de grace.  After that, it's downtime and basically some free-play until the next scene.  No dice-rolling for this.)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Ringman on April 04, 2013, 12:48:38 PM
[ No problemo, but at least give us some cues as we do things to let us know what's going on.  And don't forget to throw in a scab - roll or two, just to mix things up. ]  [When going all Yang, I expect to lose a chi or two, but we should regenerate our chi, before the next confrontation, so I didn't see a problem in it. ]
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Dr. Wily II on April 04, 2013, 02:18:17 PM
(So... Before I make an update... To be doubly sure... The rolls show that both Bossk and 4-LOM lost one Chi each, however, we managed to open the gate AND kill all the grunts?)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Ringman on April 04, 2013, 03:06:18 PM
[As this team play was a house rule, I'm not sure which way to take it.  However, if it were up to me, I'd negate your chi loss, since you were merely assisting me, I was the one taking the action and you already posted your action earlier and made your Yin success. So, unless Quickman objects, you can describe the coup de grace and ignore the chi loss. ] 

[Furthermore, the coup de grace doesn't have to involve killing all the grunts.  The coup de grace simply describes the closing of this scene.  Qe could have just made it the heck out of there and closed the door before they could follow us, for example.  However if you want to describe Bossk finishing the last one off, go ahead.  It's completely up to you.  Remember - The power is yours!]
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Dr. Wily II on April 04, 2013, 03:19:42 PM
(Well, I had something in mind that takes both into account anyway, so I guess I'll go with that. :P)

With one mighty roar and heave, the tag team of Bossk and 4-LOM managed to not only lift the gate up high enough for all the bounty hunters to pass through, but also managed to unhinge the ENTIRE gate itself. With another mighty roar, Bossk tossed the gate right into the path of the grunts, narrowly missing a certain Fett's head, but managing to completely block any more grunts from approaching the group.

As Bossk panted heavily after doing such a feat, he began to slowly massaged his arm muscles. Although he's known for his strength, such actions are still draining on his body.

"I SERIOUSLY want a larger cut of the bounty after all this is over... You hear me, droid!?"

(I think this is OK. *sage nods*)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Ringman on April 08, 2013, 02:13:16 PM
[Epic indeed!] :)

Posted on: April 04, 2013, 01:31:46 PM
[Quickman, are you there? Knock Knock]  [Lol, my avatar's gone to the dogs ...  8) ]
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Quickman on April 09, 2013, 05:08:42 AM
(Sorry, I've been sick all week.  Great coup de grace, though!  Now, onto the downtime.  Any rolls here, if desired, would be scab rolls.)

The main sewer tunnel continues for a ways, until the characters come to another grate, which is permanently sealed.  Beyond that grate are several small tunnels and pipes, all leading to the compound's plumbing system.  Just before the grate, in the ceiling of the main tunnel, is an access hatch.  The hatchway is big enough for one person at a time, and the hatch itself is a simple turn-wheel.  Beyond it is an airlock, which is big enough for all the characters to crowd inside.

The airlock takes a half-hour to cycle through and pressurize.  When the cycle starts, the hatch to the sewers is automatically locked.  After the hatch is opened and the sensors in the airlock detect people in the airlock and the hatch is closed, the airlock begins its cycle.

The vacuum suits must be discarded at this point, during the airlock's cycling.  The suits are dirty, breached, and inhibit the characters' movements. 

The airlock is located in a maintenance room with many lockers and computer access.  Beyond the maintenance room is a hallway with several locked doors on either side, and the hallway itself turns to the right at the end.  The compound is quiet, as most of the reinforcements have descended into the sewers and met their demise, perhaps through the very maintenance hatch the characters have used. 

Characters begin play in the sewer.  Any lost Chi will be restored during this time.
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Ringman on April 09, 2013, 02:13:36 PM
[ So this works as free-play .  The details are still important, so the veto is still in place.  You can't describe doing anything that conflicts with the setting.  We'll just describe exploring the area, until we find the next "SCENE" of the storyline at which point it will go back to the usual format. ]  [ In most cases we won't be doing any rolling, but if Quickman or I see something that should be resolved with a dice roll we'll discuss the "scab roll."]  [ Finally, we don't have to do this in order of play, in fact it might make it harder if we do.  We should just do the normal forum roleplay. ]

4-LOM relieved that this whole mess is over, gets up and wipes some of the grime off of his plating.  He turns to the group, and states "Now that, that is over we can get on with this mission.  I've got the schematics of the layout here." He displays a holographic image of the layout of the palace and points out the significant features [ The one's Quickman described ].  "I'm not sure what the current plan is, but I advise getting out of these sewers before any more guards show up."  He turns to IG-88, "It has been my understanding that you have taken lead of this mission.  If that assumption is affirmed, I'd am requesting your further directives."

[ Feel free to jump in at anytime. ]
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Quickman on April 12, 2013, 04:30:11 AM
Zuckuss had caught up with the group after the disorienting effects of the battle finally wore off.  He sidled up beside 4-LOM, checking his vacuum suit.  The cheap uniform was breached, as his crawling about in the mire of the small sewer tunnels had snagged and ripped the fabric in places, helped along by at least one or two grazing shots.  Thankfully, he always carries his own air supply, separate from the vacuum suit itself.  After busying himself with a few minor repairs, he, too looked to IG-88.  "I don't hear any more sirens..."

(I still have the dice on-hand, and can pull up the scab rolls for quick reference.  However, during downtime, the rolls won't be needed.  It's just basic RPing right now, and scab rolls would be to add a bit of challenge.  Turn order during downtime is also off, so jump in whenever.)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Dr. Wily II on April 12, 2013, 06:23:23 PM
(RP block atm. @_@)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Mr. Haxwell on April 12, 2013, 06:27:22 PM
(I'll wait until there's more action, then I'll jump in.)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Dr. Wily II on April 13, 2013, 11:13:40 AM
(OK, let's see...)

Seeing 4-LOM and Zuckuss turning their attention to IG-88, left a slightly bitter taste in his mouth.

"BAH!! We are all bounty hunters!! We might have pulled through earlier with our... T-T-Teamwork... But I want to go through this alone, and not be bogged down by some Fett!!"

After confirming receipt of the electronic map, Bossk turned and began to trek deeper into the tunnel. Albeit very, VERY slowly...
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Quickman on April 15, 2013, 05:36:03 AM
"Bossk does have a point," Zuckuss pointed out helpfully.  He remained hesitant to follow for the moment, however, as his working history with Bossk gave him some insight into how the Trandoshan's mind worked.  For Bossk, Plan A was to kill them all and let the Scorekeeper sort them out.  And there usually wasn't a Plan B.

However, it seemed to Zuckuss that Bossk was more on top of things than IG-88 was at the moment, and even though they agreed upon this contract as a team, they were still very much on their own.  Simply put, this was just not a one-being job.  This required more muscle than either of them had on their own--or even as a pair, such is the case with Zuckuss and his droid partner.  And as much as Zuckuss generally disliked Bossk's idea of rushing out into the open with blasters blazing, the cranky reptile still had a very valid point: Action gets things done.

Zuckuss gave one last lingering look at IG-88, then turned to 4-LOM.  "Bossk's right.  We shouldn't wait around here.  The guards, if there are any left, may get suspicious..."  He finally conquered his reluctance enough to start walking, following Bossk down into the tunnel, earholes alert for any sound.
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Protoman Blues on April 15, 2013, 09:32:56 AM
Following them into the tunnel, IG-88 kept his weapon drawn in case of enemies following them, or whatever else awaited them further down. "KEEP. A. SHARP. EYE. OUT. FROIDS." IG-88 commanded. "WHO. KNOWS. WHAT. ELSE. AWAITS. US."

Thus far this assassination plot was more complicated than he had analyzed. Even though he had no qualms with slaughtering the rest of the group, he calculated that his own survival was 79% with the team together than by himself.
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Ringman on April 15, 2013, 09:51:30 PM
4-LOM follows along with Zuckuss.  "According to the map, this tunnel leads down a bit further, finally ending at another grate.  I don't think we'll have as much luck getting that grate open as we did the last one, and I doubt there's much reason to anyway.  At some point before it, we should see an access hatch above us.  This will lead to an airlock.  I'm hoping there isn't a welcoming party waiting for us beyond that airlock, but at this stage it seems our only viable point of entrance."
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Quickman on April 16, 2013, 09:40:46 AM
Zuckuss shrugged. "Perhaps someone could go in ahead and make sure it's all clear?"  He cast a look over his shoulder to see if anyone else was following.

(Again, feel free to jump in at any time!  At this point, I'm going to assume that the rest of the characters are following.)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Dr. Wily II on April 16, 2013, 03:06:02 PM
"BAH!! You droids and your overcalculating... Calculations!! When we do reach that hatch access thing, I'll personally bash right in and take care of anything and anyone in my way!!"

Bossk pumped his fist into the air... Vaccum, and laughed heartily. Nothing like good old adrenaline to get the body pumping for action.
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Quickman on April 24, 2013, 11:21:20 AM
(Tomorrow, if Fett or Greedo have not posted, I will be commandeering their characters in order to get this moving along.  We still have an airlock to sit in and wait for it to cycle.  Downtime is an opportunity for free play and banter.  You can work on settling in with your character and developing them!  And you don't have to worry about dice rolling or stats, or even waiting for your turn!)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Mr. Haxwell on April 24, 2013, 11:35:33 AM
(My dad's given me a bunch of work to do right now. So for now, feel free to take command. With the little time that I have, I won't have enough time catch up.)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Pyro on April 24, 2013, 02:57:53 PM
"Just try to not get killed," Greedo said to Bossk with a tinge of sarcasm that was undetectable to the not-so-bright.
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Dr. Wily II on April 24, 2013, 03:03:54 PM
"Killed? BAH!! I'm no bounty hunter for nothing!!" Bossk laughed heartily, totally missing the sarcasm like a blind man describing an elephant. If elephants existed in this universe.
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Quickman on April 25, 2013, 05:50:54 AM
(They do. (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Elephant))

(Commandeering Fett for downtime...)

Fett shook his head but remained quiet as he walked along with the other hunters.  His hand was resting on the butt of his blaster rifle, just in case.  Bossk's brashness would definitely get them all killed, he surmised.  The Trandoshan was ruthless, but also blind.  He would sooner cover the area in an erratic spray of fire, missing everything in sight.  Perhaps, Fett thought, Bossk should do that.  It would be his own fault, then, should he get hit.

In front of him, he watched Zuckuss scurrying behind 4-LOM.  Small fry.  How the Gand even made it to such heights of notoriety as himself and the others still eluded him.  With that less-than-imposing stature and tendency to flee from a fight, along with other odd quirks that Fett had noticed over the years, to him, Zuckuss simply was not cut out for the trade.  No wonder he partnered often.

Beside Fett, his vacuum suit looking a bit worse for wear, Greedo scowled behind the transparent face plate.  This one showed a degree of intelligence from time to time, Fett nodded.  Though, his brashness, much like Bossk, would surely be his downfall.  At least, he admitted, the Rodian could hold his own in a firefight.  He knew how to shoot properly.  Not a wild spray of wasted shots, Greedo knew to take his time, aim, and fire.  And some of those holes drilled into the mercenaries were testament.  Perhaps there was a bit more to this scrawny green cocksure creature than most realized...

Fett pulled himself out of his musings for a moment to study IG-88, who was vying with Bossk for leadership rights.  He rather preferred the droid's calculated methods, as they reminded him of himself.  And at this moment, long after one legitimate question had been drowned out by back-and-forth bickering, Fett decided to speak.

"If you are unsure of what's beyond the airlock, one of the droids must have a sensor array.  Employ an infra-red sensor sweep."  There.  Simple answer to a simple question.
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Dr. Wily II on April 25, 2013, 02:41:08 PM
Bossk stopped in his tracks and turned to face Boba Fett.

"BAH!! Typical Fett response!! Acting all cool and smart... BAH I SAY!! And sensors? THAT'S THE COWARDS WAY!!"
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Quickman on April 26, 2013, 05:12:34 AM
Fett merely crossed his arms in front of him and gave Bossk a level gaze.  "If you want to go charging in, be my guest.  One less means a larger bounty to go around."

Zuckuss watched the banter between Fett and Bossk with nervous apprehension.  He had seen exchanges such as these before.  With other creatures, it often ended in death.  And he knew from experience that Fett was most likely to be the one who would cause that death.  Memories of the Circumtore job came flooding back.  "Perhaps... perhaps Fett does have a point.  They could be waiting for us."
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Protoman Blues on April 26, 2013, 05:20:23 AM
"YES. PLEASE." IG-88 muttered out. "KILL. YOURSELVES."

IG-88 was getting sick of his teammates already and it had been less than a day since they teamed up for this mission.
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Dr. Wily II on April 26, 2013, 05:17:20 PM
"BAH!! Fett and his points!! He has dozens of pointy ones if you want!!"

Bossk marched up to Fett and raised his fist... Only to lower it slowly before finally turning away, and continued down the path.

"If you want a sensor sweep, FINE!! But I'll still take the credit of clearing whatever is up ahead!!"
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Ringman on May 09, 2013, 01:55:23 PM
4-LOM puzzled at what to do next.  The other bounty hunters were not being consistent with their desires, and this conflict was making his positrons burn.  The code designed as a prevention for lockups in situations like this, forced 4-LOM to take action.  "Well, I'm not going to wait around here for you to come to an agreement.  We have a job to do.  Zuckuss, cover me I'm going to crack this thing open.  This airlock is probably a part of the main communications network, since it likely to have automated instructions in the event of emergencies.  I am doubtful I'll be able to hack it without setting off the alarm, but if there are other airlocks in the system, I may be able to set off every airlock alarm all at once.  Hopefully that will cause enough confusion that we will be met with reduced resistance on the other side."

Without waiting for affirmation, he began hacking the airlock.

[Queue DM.  You can either make a scab roll to see if 4-LOM is successful at his attempt, or just commandeer the story and get us in there so we can get to something more interesting. ]
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Quickman on May 10, 2013, 06:22:33 AM
(One scab roll coming up...)

1.  A solid success!)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Ringman on May 10, 2013, 02:18:34 PM
Alarms start going off, and the airlock opens. 4-LOM looks to the group. "It worked!  I ... uh ... think.  Now what do we do?"
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Mr. Haxwell on May 10, 2013, 02:31:51 PM
"Make a full scan for hostiles in the area" says Boba Fett, "We must ensure none has detected our presence".
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Ringman on May 10, 2013, 02:44:38 PM
4-LOM shakes his head, completely confused by human logic.  "I think its a little too late for that.  They may not know from which direction we're coming from, but they know we are here.  It won't take them long to extrapolate our position in this airlock from the last communication signal with their fallen men and the first alarm we set off earlier, but hopefully the confusion from the other airlock alarms will buy us a few minutes.  Once we get in, our only chance for discretion is to relay the false report that we've been neutralized back to the main command.  I'll need the signed comlink of an officer for that, and we haven't encountered one yet.  I can attempt to fry the airlock's locking code when we get in, so no-one will be able to follow us from the sewers, but that will render this airlock useless for future use, forcing us to find a different exit."
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Dr. Wily II on May 10, 2013, 03:08:19 PM
"GAH!! JUST DO SOMETHING!! FRY!! FRY!!" Bossk foolishly screams at the top of his voice, hoping to get his point across.
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Ringman on May 10, 2013, 03:29:59 PM
"UUUUHHHHH ...." 4-LOM stutters and than rushes in to the airlock.  "You-u-u may want to get in here first as we don't want to fry the lock while the airlock is still OPEN!"
[Not sure what to do here.  I don't want to commandeer any body's character.  I assume everyone enters the airlock, but is there any reason anyone wouldn't want to?  DM?? ]
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Quickman on May 11, 2013, 09:28:56 AM
(Time to commandeer and get this show on the road!)

Zuckuss nodded. "4-LOM is right.  It would be foolish to destroy the locks while we're still outside of it..." He followed 4-LOM up the ladder.

After glaring hard at Fett, Bossk finally relented, seeing Greedo take to the ladder before him.  The Rodian was shaking his head as he climbed, muttering something under his breath that Bossk did not catch.  Deal with Greenie later... Bossk mused as he climbed the ladder and crowded into the airlock.

Fett waited until an unusually-silent IG-88 climbed the ladder before he joined the rest of the group.  He considered Bossk's behavior as he climbed.  The Trandoshan will be the death of them all if someone did not reel him in.  But, should Bossk wind up hoisted on his own petard, he would have no one to blame but himself.

(That should be everyone.  Now, IG-88... You're a droid, too.  You can do all the same things that 4-LOM does.  It certainly wouldn't hurt to have another logic-driven character in a leadership position. :P)
Title: Re: Wushu Campaign! Index in first post. Signups closed. GAME UNDERWAY!
Post by: Ringman on May 12, 2013, 01:23:56 AM
[ Thank you DM.  Now we can continue with the story. ]  [ Please don't use psychic and run away. ]