Mecha Sonic (Sonic 2)
0 (0%)
Ray
0 (0%)
Mighty
0 (0%)
Amy Rose
0 (0%)
Mecha Sonic Mk II (Sonic CD/Sonic Heroes [After Ending])
3 (9.1%)
Knuckles
1 (3%)
Mecha Sonic Mk III (Sonic and Knuckles)
3 (9.1%)
EggRobo
0 (0%)
Nack/Fang
0 (0%)
Charmy
0 (0%)
Espio
1 (3%)
Vector
0 (0%)
Chaos
0 (0%)
Froggy
2 (6.1%)
Tikal
0 (0%)
Big
0 (0%)
E-102 Gamma
1 (3%)
Shadow
1 (3%)
Rouge
0 (0%)
Cream
0 (0%)
Emerl
0 (0%)
E-123 Omega
1 (3%)
Blaze
2 (6.1%)
Jet
0 (0%)
Storm
0 (0%)
Wave
0 (0%)
Silver
0 (0%)
Werehog
0 (0%)
Mecha Knuckles (Sonic R)
1 (3%)
Chip
0 (0%)
Cheese
0 (0%)
Eggman Nega
0 (0%)
Shade
0 (0%)
Mecha Sonic Mk V (Sonic Heroes [Before Ending])
1 (3%)
Mecha Knuckles Mk II (Sonic Advance)
0 (0%)
Mephiles
0 (0%)
Mecha Sonic Mk IV (Sonic the Fighters)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: December 19, 2008, 06:41:30 PM
Dialog wise, it is. It's pretty much the only good aspect of the game. Otherwise, the game feels very unfinished. The story itself follows way too closely to Knuckles and The Dark Legion three-parter from the Archie comics, only with more Sonic and co. and less every other Archie character.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: December 19, 2008, 09:16:50 PM
TAILS. [tornado fang] YEAH.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #27 on: December 19, 2008, 10:41:25 PM
And with a click of my mouse, Tails overtakes Sonic.

TAKE THAT, YOU BRISTLE-BACKED WEIRDOS!

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: December 19, 2008, 11:33:24 PM
And with a click of my mouse, Tails overtakes Sonic.

TAKE THAT, YOU BRISTLE-BACKED WEIRDOS!
But... Sonic is the main character... O^O

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #29 on: December 19, 2008, 11:45:28 PM
What about Ix (The main villan of the RPG)? He hails from the Same RPG as Shade, good for a beginner's RPG. however, since Sonic's face was slapped on it, it already became the target with a pool of negativity, and IGN as well as X-play. It's a really Okay game IMO.

BRB Voting Mecha Sonic Mk III.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: December 20, 2008, 12:14:22 AM
But... Sonic is the main character... O^O

At least Tails didn't have a redesign that messed up his character.

Tails is the one constant force in an otherwise changing story.

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: December 20, 2008, 01:29:53 AM
At least Tails didn't have a redesign that messed up his character.

Tails is the one constant force in an otherwise changing story.
Untrue. Tails got blue eyes and got tacked with a "boy genius" personality. Before then, he was just a cute sidekick.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: December 20, 2008, 02:00:53 AM
No Tails Doll?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: December 20, 2008, 02:59:47 AM
Untrue. Tails got blue eyes and got tacked with a "boy genius" personality. Before then, he was just a cute sidekick.
I don't think the "boy genius" personality was entirely unfounded, considering that in his first appearance, over the course of a single stage, he repaired Sonic's bi-plane after it was shot down and rigged it with a rocket booster.  I'd say Tails had a rep for being one hell of a mechanic from day one.  Then two games later there's the handy-dandy magnet/clamp for the Master Emerald.

Besides Vector, I don't mind the redesigns on any Sonic character; for the most part I appreciate them (Amy especially).  But yeah, the whole "Tails is a mech pilot now" thing was uncalled for.  It's basically the one flaw that keeps my otherwise rabid fanboyism of SA2 in check.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: December 20, 2008, 03:11:12 AM
I don't think the "boy genius" personality was entirely unfounded, considering that in his first appearance, over the course of a single stage, he repaired Sonic's bi-plane after it was shot down and rigged it with a rocket booster.  I'd say Tails had a rep for being one hell of a mechanic from day one.  Then two games later there's the handy-dandy magnet/clamp for the Master Emerald.

Besides Vector, I don't mind the redesigns on any Sonic character; for the most part I appreciate them (Amy especially).  But yeah, the whole "Tails is a mech pilot now" thing was uncalled for.  It's basically the one flaw that keeps my otherwise rabid fanboyism of SA2 in check.
Eh... It's never said who fixed the plane and stuff, really. I don't think the game creators were really thinking about that kind of stuff. It was kind of a different era back then.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: December 20, 2008, 03:19:08 AM
Now I suddenly have an image of Tails crashing next to a treasure chest containing a rocket booster and plane repair kit...

I'm not saying I don't raise an eyebrow when Tails whips out a fake Chaos Emerald.  Or those ridiculous flying fortresses in Sonic X.  I'm just saying, when it comes to tricking out planes to the level of, for example, Sonic Adventure 1, there's plenty reason to believe Tails knows his stuff.

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: December 20, 2008, 03:26:52 AM
Now I suddenly have an image of Tails crashing next to a treasure chest containing a rocket booster and plane repair kit...

I'm not saying I don't raise an eyebrow when Tails whips out a fake Chaos Emerald.  Or those ridiculous flying fortresses in Sonic X.  I'm just saying, when it comes to tricking out planes to the level of, for example, Sonic Adventure 1, there's plenty reason to believe Tails knows his stuff.
I was talking about the Genesis days. Before Sonic and his friends went through their make-overs. Although, I have to admit that I prefer the new Sonic design over the old one. I think it makes him look less generic.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: December 20, 2008, 07:33:54 AM
Eh... It's never said who fixed the plane and stuff, really. I don't think the game creators were really thinking about that kind of stuff. It was kind of a different era back then.

They didn't, but it was pretty much hinted at, even in the original JP manuals, I believe, that Tails was "fascinated" by the Tornado when he first saw it, and was on his way to being a mechanical savant in the making.

Then, by the time, the likes of "Sonic Triple Trouble/Sonic and Tails 2" (where Tails had that cute Submersible) and "Tails Adventure" came along, it was more or less made officially a part of his character theme. Tails even showcased more of his technological savvy in "Sonic the Fighters", where he seemed to have built everything necessary in order for one character to travel to stop Eggman, the rocket only needed the Emeralds to do it.

In short, they had already taken steps to imply that Tails was meant to be the "geek" of the series, just as much as Knux was the wild strong-man and Sonic was the speedster with a cavalier attitude towards life. And this was all done before 98, when Adventure effectively "relaunched" the series.

Sure, it wasn't all that in-depth, but it worked, for the Sonic series back in the day. Frankly, it's that kind of simplicity that I think did more to make Sonic as great as he was back then. 

I was talking about the Genesis days. Before Sonic and his friends went through their make-overs. Although, I have to admit that I prefer the new Sonic design over the old one. I think it makes him look less generic.

Gotta disagree here.

Giving Sonic those long limbs, green eyes and all that "edgy" stuff? That was a turn-off, in my opinion, and is right up there with the "Loonatics Unleashed", in what I think is an example of how to take a classical design that worked, and "EXTREME!!!!" it up as part of another one of a marketing team's "great ideas".

But hey, in this day and age, bastardizing Naoto Oshima's original character design is probably the LEAST of my personal quips with modern-day Sonic games...

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: December 20, 2008, 07:36:18 AM
Giving Sonic those long limbs, green eyes and all that "edgy" stuff? That was a turn-off, in my opinion, and is right up there with the "Loonatics Unleashed", in what I think is an example of how to take a classical design that worked, and "EXTREME!!!!" it up as part of another one of a marketing team's "great ideas".

Oh god Ben.  Don't tell me you actually watched that abomination?  I refused!  XD

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: December 20, 2008, 07:46:55 AM
Oh god Ben.  Don't tell me you actually watched that abomination?  I refused!  XD

Oh no no...

I saw the first "promo" years ago, and then the "[tornado fang]ing EXTREME!" parody that was on newgrounds and the like soon afterward. That was enough.  8D

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: December 20, 2008, 07:48:44 AM
Oh no no...

I saw the first "promo" years ago, and then the "[tornado fang]ing EXTREME!" parody that was on newgrounds and the like soon afterward. That was enough.  8D

Whew.

I mean, when I first saw the promo's for this, I was simply appalled.  I mean, I'll usually give anything a first glance, but when it came to this, I couldn't.   8)

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Genderifically Confuzzled
  • Master's Unit
  • MAKE LOVE FOR MY KITTENS
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: December 20, 2008, 01:14:17 PM
My favourite? Eggman, no questions asked. He's also my all-time favourite video game villain.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: December 21, 2008, 02:34:40 AM
SCD Style Metal-Sonic.

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: December 21, 2008, 05:33:24 PM
SCD Style Metal-Sonic.
I always preferred the Sonic and Knuckles version myself. I think that version looks the most badass. The Sonic 2 version seemed a little too stiff to me. The Sonic CD one was the one that was more built for speed. I think that the Sonic and Knuckles version was a combination of these two designs.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #44 on: December 21, 2008, 06:02:41 PM
And when the S&K version turns Super/Hyper deliciousness, that's when it decides the winning factor. ^^

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: December 21, 2008, 06:39:24 PM
And when the S&K version turns Super/Hyper deliciousness, that's when it decides the winning factor. ^^
And thereby refuting the fan claims that only hedgehogs can go super--even though they still say that now. Even after Knuckles and Tails went super. They say that Knuckles can only go super because of his connection to the Master Emerald. Also, Tails can only go super because after the trouble of getting 14 Emeralds, they had to give the player something. I don't really agree myself.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: December 21, 2008, 11:12:22 PM
[tornado fang] yeah.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #47 on: December 21, 2008, 11:33:22 PM
Also the fact that this guy's the SMBZ flash's main villan, he's second to protoman in awesomeness.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: December 22, 2008, 12:21:03 AM
[tornado fang] yeah.

OH MY....

Fukken saved.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: December 22, 2008, 12:59:10 AM
And thereby refuting the fan claims that only hedgehogs can go super--even though they still say that now. Even after Knuckles and Tails went super. They say that Knuckles can only go super because of his connection to the Master Emerald. Also, Tails can only go super because after the trouble of getting 14 Emeralds, they had to give the player something. I don't really agree myself.

Well, there's two schools of thought that you can utilize, if you really want to side with the notion of "hedgehogs go super only".

For one, the main reason that leads to the notion of why the Super forms of Tails and Knux existed in S&K3, and furthermore, the Hyper Forms for everyone (including Sonic) in the same game, was more or less a "gameplay bonus", rather than being a "canonical" thing. 

In short, like you suggest in your second-to-last, it was more of a thing of giving the player something fun to strive for, rather than really having an impact on what to expect in the series from that point onward.

Secondly, canonically, only Super/Hyper Sonic was the one who was able to take on Eggman in the final fight of S3&K's story line. Meanwhile, you were forced as Knux to to deal with (Super) Mecha Sonic without such a perk (all the more reason why I consider Knux more manly than Sonic! XD). And Tails' "storyline", of course, is tied to Sonic's. Some how, the kitsune makes it back to Earth in just enough time to fire up the Tornado, so to help Sonic on re-entry.

But in any case, notice how even Hyper Sonic and the "Super Emeralds" have yet to make any re-appearance in the series, which probably just goes to show that they, like the other frivolous forms, were bonuses, rather than something we should come to expect as "canon" for the series. Even that moment when Tails and Knux were flying alongside Sonic in "Heroes" wasn't anything beyond the notion of how Sonic was able to some how generate some sort of "forcefield" to allow them to fight with him. So, as of right now, there's nothing that points to the notion that any one besides a male hedgehog (sorry, Amy), is able to use the powers of the Chaos Emeralds in such a way. I blame the whole thing of the Sonic series doing more to ride DBZ's lap about this whole thing (Saiyajins = Hedgehogs), as time went on.