The "What are you currently playing?" Thread

Saber · 729843

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3025 on: September 03, 2012, 01:19:41 AM
Well, I mean I was expecting more from the game as a whole. :\ It's fun and all, though. :)

I'm just starting to play all the famous Doujin Mega Man clones for the first time. Starting with MegaMari, then RSK and Nezumiman later.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3026 on: September 03, 2012, 01:33:55 AM
Started Ys Seven.

It's more RPG-ish, but still nothing to utterly turn me off. This will probably be something I play on the side for the next long while.

Offline megaman24681012

• Toa of Ice
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Shoulda chose a better name.
    • View Profile
Reply #3027 on: September 03, 2012, 03:42:16 AM
Considering I'm starting University like, TOMORROW *sigh*, I've decided to put of SM64DS due to it requiring some of my higher brain functions (such as platforming) to play.

I've decided to start playing the Dragon Quest 5 remake for the DS. This is my first DQ game, time to find out what's so amazing about it!  :D

Kopaka: "That leaves you and I, Tahu Nuva."
Tahu: "No. That leaves only me."

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3028 on: September 03, 2012, 03:41:55 PM
I prefer the PS2 version, but the DS version has more women or something.

I'm playing Choro Q HG[1] for PS2.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #3029 on: September 03, 2012, 11:34:39 PM
Started Ys Seven.

It's more RPG-ish, but still nothing to utterly turn me off. This will probably be something I play on the side for the next long while.
You are not amazed by Ys Seven? Something to play on the SIDE?!

Wow.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3030 on: September 03, 2012, 11:36:50 PM
Side because it's a portable and with school coming up I'm gonna need to kill time for my overly long lunch.

Also I sorta prefer Ark/Oath/Origin's more simple style mixed with some platforming so far.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #3031 on: September 04, 2012, 07:42:34 AM
1,000,000 coins and statue get.

I would consider going for 9,999,999 to get the Tanooki statue but honestly I don't really wanna, even if that would net me a 100% complete game.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #3032 on: September 06, 2012, 12:39:05 PM
Namco x Capcom

pretty fun

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3033 on: September 07, 2012, 09:38:10 PM
So I've been playing some of those famous Doujin Mega Man clones. I finished MegaMari and Nezumiman today.

MegaMari was awesome for the challenge and weapons, loved the thing with choosing a character to power up after a boss. Level design IMO was pretty unremarkable, though. It was more about dodging bullets and enemy placement than platforming (although I still fall into pits all the time).

Nezumiman was adorable. This game had a lot of clever platform gimmicks and enemy design. The GOOD LUCK boss comes to mind. It's also very easy, which I welcome after almost throwing my controller on the wall while playing MegaMari. The presentation is hilarious and there are tons of funny bits and surprises. Too bad you can't play in full screen or customize controls (I couldn't at least).

Loved both, although Rokko Chan still is my favorite Mega Man clone. Will play RosenkreuzStilette later.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #3034 on: September 07, 2012, 11:55:36 PM
Ratchet & Clank.

Its pretty fun so far, it really sucks missing out on games because you don't own the console for it, so I gotta love Sony for these HD collections.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #3035 on: September 08, 2012, 05:33:46 AM
Still working at NSMB2.  I haven't been plowing through it nearly as quickly as I expected, and I guess it's because the game didn't impress me.

Oh, it's a good game, don't get me wrong.  It just doesn't offer much of anything that NSMBWii doesn't, outside of the raccoon tail (which we just got in 3D Land) and the fact that Player 1 can be Luigi without having to hack the game.  I mean, jeez, very nearly the entire soundtrack is lifted from the Wii.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3036 on: September 09, 2012, 07:51:50 AM
Completed The Walking Dead episode 3.

Anyone who hasn't played this series, download this shiz NOW. Only $5 an episode and worth the ride.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #3037 on: September 09, 2012, 11:05:09 PM
Well, got my five shiny stars in NSMB2 today.  ...with just under 100,000 coins.

And Nintendo wants me to do that nine more times?  Eh, no thanks.  Even at 7k a pop in World 2-4, that's still pretty darn insane.  If they wanted to bank on people playing the game's multiplayer forever, they should have made it online.  At least with a console game you only need one system for multiplayer.

Guess for handhelds I'll be going back to Mario Kart 7.  I still need to try and do the whole Kid Icarus on Intensity 9 thing, too.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #3038 on: September 10, 2012, 12:27:34 AM
Well, got my five shiny stars in NSMB2 today.  ...with just under 100,000 coins.

And Nintendo wants me to do that nine more times?  Eh, no thanks.  Even at 7k a pop in World 2-4, that's still pretty darn insane.  If they wanted to bank on people playing the game's multiplayer forever, they should have made it online.  At least with a console game you only need one system for multiplayer.

Guess for handhelds I'll be going back to Mario Kart 7.  I still need to try and do the whole Kid Icarus on Intensity 9 thing, too.

Coin Rush.
Mushroom Pack, making sure Mushroom-1 is the first stage.
Gold Flower.
Run and hit the checkpoint, use the earlier enemies to get around 500 coins.
Go into the pipe where the first Star Coin is, Run and jump onto the koopa twice.
Break the bricks to form a small set of stairs.
Infinite 1-UP trick, making sure to stop at about 900 coins (The Koopa only has 1,000 in him, and if you take them all then he dies and doesn't respawn.)
Do that twice more, third time feel free to kill it.
Run to the end.
Top of the Flagpole.
Next two stages don't matter so long as you get the top of the flagpole in the second stage (The third is always a fortress IIRC) to double your score, just killing the boss in a Fortress produces the same results.

You'll get the maximum 30,000 for Coin Rush, save that as your record so you can always Challenge it to get more.
I got to my 1,000,000 within a week thanks to that. I'm not going to bother with 9,999,999 though, not worth it.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3039 on: September 10, 2012, 01:49:24 AM
This Mega Man X3 ROM hack.  Looking very much forward to v3.0, but v2.2 is certainly not bad at all.  There's quite a bit of difference between playing "balanced Zero" via this hack and forcing the game to let you play as him forever, I must say.  His charged shot is still as awkward as ever, though.  Too bad some of the armor parts aren't 100% functional yet...

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3040 on: September 11, 2012, 06:08:26 AM
I loved RosenkreuzStilette. :)

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #3041 on: September 11, 2012, 06:10:16 AM
Beat Ratchet & Clank (All Gold Bolts, All Skill Points, All Gold Weapons, way more bolts than necessary.), now onto Going Commando.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #3042 on: September 11, 2012, 09:44:47 AM
Borderlands
Torchlight
GTA:SA

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #3043 on: September 12, 2012, 07:12:26 AM
Played a bit of Tales of Legendia today and so far I like it.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #3044 on: September 13, 2012, 03:34:09 AM
Coin Rush.
Mushroom Pack, making sure Mushroom-1 is the first stage.
Gold Flower.
Run and hit the checkpoint, use the earlier enemies to get around 500 coins.
Go into the pipe where the first Star Coin is, Run and jump onto the koopa twice.
Break the bricks to form a small set of stairs.
Infinite 1-UP trick, making sure to stop at about 900 coins (The Koopa only has 1,000 in him, and if you take them all then he dies and doesn't respawn.)
Do that twice more, third time feel free to kill it.
Run to the end.
Top of the Flagpole.
Next two stages don't matter so long as you get the top of the flagpole in the second stage (The third is always a fortress IIRC) to double your score, just killing the boss in a Fortress produces the same results.

You'll get the maximum 30,000 for Coin Rush, save that as your record so you can always Challenge it to get more.
I got to my 1,000,000 within a week thanks to that. I'm not going to bother with 9,999,999 though, not worth it.
Very clever, but it's still 30 repeats to get to the million.  There are plenty of other 3DS games with equally mind-numbing objectives for me to clear that DON'T make me wish I was playing NSMBWii with a hacked soundtrack and extra Yoshi eggs instead.

Offline megaman24681012

• Toa of Ice
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Shoulda chose a better name.
    • View Profile
Reply #3045 on: September 13, 2012, 03:40:14 AM
Okay, [tornado fang] it. DQ + University = FAILURE.

I can tell you what I'm going to play once winter break rolls around (assuming I survive to then), a game that has equal parts fun gameplay and straight-faced storyline that is laughably bad...

METAL GEAR SOLID! TWIN SNAKES! IF I DON'T DIE FROM STRESS! YA- not really. I wish I can play video games!  O^O

Kopaka: "That leaves you and I, Tahu Nuva."
Tahu: "No. That leaves only me."

Archer

Reply #3046 on: September 13, 2012, 10:13:47 AM
Tekken Tag 2

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3047 on: September 14, 2012, 12:49:04 AM
Grandia III. I just hit the second disk. I'm liking the Aerial mechanic and all the things I liked from 2 are still present.
The world needs more turn based games like Grandia.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3048 on: September 14, 2012, 04:16:40 AM
Some Playstaion Plus freebies. They recently put up Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, so I'm playing that. Lovin' it so far.

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #3049 on: September 17, 2012, 06:08:12 AM
After years and years I finally played megaman 9 and beat it. Hurrah.
Now playing Atelier Meruru.

Proud member of Indigo tribe!