iPods

Sky Child · 4909

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
on: March 16, 2009, 05:44:23 AM
Ok guys, for Christmas this year my dad decided to not completely forget about my brother and I. He invited us up to spend the week with him and our step mother. We had a fun time, and we got a lot of presents. I don't remember what they all were, because we weren't allowed to take them all home. I got a green 8GB iPod nano. I knew there was something along the lines of them only being able to sync up to one computer at a time without losing everything... however, they forced me to spend iTunes cards at their house. I was afraid to plug it into my comp at all when I first got it... but I decided to get by on charging it without downloading iTunes so I could keep the songs I had to pay for. After a while, I decided having only eight songs, which I paid FIFTEEN DOLLARS FOR, wasn't enough, so I went ahead and installed iTunes. It booted up, and then it gave me the message "iTunes was not properly installed, so CDs cannot be imported to your library" or some dumbshit like that. So I tried a reinstall. Same thing. It happened over and over and over again. As of now, I hate iPod. I hate iTunes. I never needed an iPod in the first place. I had an mp3 player IN MY GODDAMN HAND when I walked into that house, and I left with this... piece of [parasitic bomb]. No matter how I install iTunes, the software will not work. No matter what I do differently, the error message is always "ITUNES WAS NOT INSTALLED PROPERLY AND CANNOT BURN CDS OR ACTUALLY DO ANYTHING AT ALL SO IT'LL JUST SIT HERE WASTING SPACE ON YOUR HARDDRIVE AND SLOWING YOUR COMPUTER DOWN TO THE PACE YOUR OLD WIN95 WAS RUNNING AFTER YOU INSTALLED EVERY SINGLE SIMS 1 EXPANSION PACK IN EXISTANCE". I have a Sansa. I have an Emerson. I have a Philips. I also have an old iPod, and guess what? IT'S BROKEN TOO.

tl;dr I have 8GB of useless green [parasitic bomb].

So, before I snap the thing in two, I've come here to ask for some help. Does anyone have any idea what I should do? I'm running on Vista, and yes I have been installing the 64 bit version of the software. The device did not come with a disk. In it's place, I got shitty stickers.

Seriously, help me.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 05:50:08 AM
All's I know is, I'd sure like to have that iTunes software right about now so I can convert my MP3s into AACs, since Nintendo's being really wonky.

Then again, I hear AAC's are supposed to be higher quality, though not necessarily when MP3s are converted to that format.

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 05:53:32 AM
You see, this kind of stuff just confuses me. I've never heard of AACs until just now.

Offline Rockmon

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 05:58:16 AM
a. install quicktime because the dumbshits at apple forgot to tell you that itunes requires quicktime
b. use WMP
c. [tornado fang] both WMP and iT, and use some other program found on google by searching for "itunes alternative"

Save the tatas..................................................................................................please?

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 05:59:07 AM
i hate Apple in general. their products annoy the hell out of me. and i had these feeling s back in high school when i was aspiring to be an artist. i learned to stay away from iPods real early.

i'm a PC, and i can fix my own problems.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 06:12:28 AM
I'm a PC, and I'm confused as [tornado fang] that Apple would even think to try cross-platforming this [parasitic bomb].

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 08:04:02 AM
Aside from the Quicktime installing, I have no idea what else you could do. iTunes always worked perfectly with me...except that one time it completely leveled the music on my iPod for no apparent reason. Are you certain you have the installer for the latest version of iTunes? Might want to check the official site.

What strikes me as far more interesting, a GREEN 8GB iPod Nano? I thought the 8GBs only came in black. Or is it one of those newer ones? Mine's that old 2nd Gen Nano.

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 08:09:08 AM
What strikes me as far more interesting, a GREEN 8GB iPod Nano? I thought the 8GBs only came in black. Or is it one of those newer ones? Mine's that old 2nd Gen Nano.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 08:10:49 AM
Figured as much. I'm not up with the times anymore >>;

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: March 16, 2009, 11:31:12 AM
Try installing any of the iTunes alternatives, such as YamiPod or some sort. They usually don't require Quicktime to sync with your iPod.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: March 16, 2009, 11:35:45 AM
Truth be told, I was put off iPods after only one use. I bought the ex an iPod for her birthday way back when and I wanted to put some mushy songs on there for when she got it.

I was turned off the thing immeadiately. iTunes is trash and works even worse on a windows PC. Seriously, I just go for simple MP3 players where I can drag and drop my music, not have to go through some BS application that is more work than it has to be.

I really can't offer anything constructive, but I hope you can get the damn thing going.

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: March 18, 2009, 07:52:34 AM
Wow... thats kinda old.

When was the last time I poked you guys...

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: March 18, 2009, 07:53:04 PM
Wow... thats kinda old.

My iPod is almost 2 freaking years old, so forgive me >_>

Offline SoulAnimal

• PB's Fangirl
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Protoman? :3
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: March 18, 2009, 08:51:01 PM
I have a red 8gb  with a 25$ case...

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: March 18, 2009, 08:57:27 PM
I need a new iPod myself. Now if only the Touch would come out in 64GB models already. XD

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: March 18, 2009, 09:03:41 PM
I need a new iPod myself. Now if only the Touch would come out in 64GB models already. XD

Especially after all the OS updates they announced for it yesterday!

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: March 18, 2009, 10:50:27 PM
Dude, I hate you. You can afford to think of such things.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: March 18, 2009, 10:56:51 PM
I need a new Ipod too it's cracked over the battery meter, it still works but man it's annoying.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: March 18, 2009, 11:08:19 PM
Dude, I hate you. You can afford to think of such things.

Not really actually, I just like forward thinking. XD

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: March 18, 2009, 11:12:56 PM
hmm, now that I think about it, I never once owned an iPod...probably because I don't want to throw away the MP3 playback cd player my mom bought me for christmas 4-5 years ago, should I even attempt to get a 80 or more gig iPod video?

Offline Shiki Tohno

• 直死の魔眼使い
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「その首…俺が貰い受ける」
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: March 19, 2009, 02:56:56 AM
I have an iPod, but it's a Shuffle, since I don't really believe in the concept of "organized playlists" and merely like to listen to the music I like. Thus, I rather like the fact that it's got no screen, nearly no buttons, and that using a little piece of free software (that runs from the iPod itself when connected as an USB drive), I can load/unload any song(s) I want without any hassle.

True, it's only 2GB, but why the hell do I need more than that? :P I even still have nearly a gig empty. :D

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: March 19, 2009, 04:43:00 AM
My iPod is almost 2 freaking years old, so forgive me >_>

Heh, 2 years old?

Both Lapras and I agree that's nothing compared to my 5-6 year old, pre click-wheel model.   8D

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: March 19, 2009, 04:44:47 AM
i want that lapras D:

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: March 19, 2009, 04:45:45 AM