Protoman Blues · 390461

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #4700 on: July 16, 2014, 12:45:30 AM
Taylor wandered back into where everyone was, chowing down. HeatGabumon was close behind carrying several watermelons. "Ah, it's so nice to eat again without blood entering every bite," she said.

"Yeah, but why am I carrying all these watermelons again?" HeatGabumon replied.

"Eh, thought these folks could use some melons. Even if there already are some in here, if you catch my drift," she answered.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #4701 on: July 16, 2014, 12:52:16 AM
"Great idea, I wouldn't mind relaxing for a bit; haven't had a chance to rest since I left Azure Star." Blue nods at Fxeni's idea before looking back to see Aqua Star napping, perhaps an odd thing for a robot to do.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #4702 on: July 16, 2014, 12:53:20 AM
"That...THAT STUPID [sonic slicer]!" Zeta yelled at the top of her lungs.

"Zeta please don't-" Asch started against his better judgement.

"SHUT THE [tornado fang] UP ASCHY!" Zeta roared at him.

"Yipe!" Asch squeeked as he did what he was told and Borock-bot sighed in slight relief she wasn't punching anyone...yet.

"How dare she.....how [tornado fang]ing dare she!" Zeta ranted "This is [tornado fang]ing worse than the time she froze Lou Lou in carbonite for some stupid [tornado fang]ing Wii that Neko promised he would get her, when he didn't even know about the [tornado fang]ing deal!  Now she's defiled the reason the Shuffle Alliance exists?!  She's crossed the [tornado fang]ing line now!  I swear to all you, as the Club Ace I will smack some sense into her if it's the last [tornado fang]ing thing I do!"

"Wait....Quickie is part of this Shuffle Alliance thing?" Asch questioned.

"......I just blew that cat out of the bag didn't I." Zeta facepalmed.

"Yes...yes you did dear." Vixy sweat dropped as she pointed to her Jack of Diamonds "And my hand is starting to hurt."

"Oh [tornado fang] I'm so sorry about that Vix Vix, I didn't mean to blow it like that!" Zeta said with embarrassment.

"Wait Vixy is a member of them too?" Borock-bot raised an eyebrow.

"Oh it's no worry." Vixy dismissed "I don't really mind that being out really."

"Yeah but Neko does!" Zeta protested "I mean I'm lucky I didn't blab why the Shuffle Alliance exists or who the Black Joker was, she would kill me if I did that!"

"Oh I'm sure she wouldn't kill you Zeta, she likes you after all." Vixy pointed out.

"Yeah but I'm not taking that [tornado fang]ing chance!" Zeta shook her head "Ugh I need to calm down though, hey Fxenini does that caf have fresh watermelon by any chance?"

Taylor wandered back into where everyone was, chowing down. HeatGabumon was close behind carrying several watermelons. "Ah, it's so nice to eat again without blood entering every bite," she said.

"Yeah, but why am I carrying all these watermelons again?" HeatGabumon replied.

"Eh, thought these folks could use some melons. Even if there already are some in here, if you catch my drift," she answered.
"Ah perfect, can you give those to me, I can slice those up real good!" Zeta told them.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4703 on: July 16, 2014, 03:18:13 AM
"Is the tattoo's meaning really that secretive to the point where you had to kick out the nurse?" Arche asked.

"It is," Phi nodded.

He sighed, "What do those words mean? Memento Mori if the Nineth Lion ate the Sun?" He said as he sat down on a chair, "Also, what language is 'Memento Mori' from?"

"Memento Mori is a Latin phrase. It translates to "remember death" She replied.

"That's just charming," He said sarcastically, "Remember death if the "Nineth" lion ate the sun? Why the extra 'e' in the word "ninth"?" Arche wondered.

"The extra 'e' is needed for the anagram," She responded.

"Anagram?"

"An anagram is a phrase (or word) that has its letters rearranged to create an entirely new phrase. Think of it as word play," Phi explained.

"I see. So basically, if you were to rearrange the letters from that phrase, you produce a completely different phrase?" He asked.

"Correct. Rearranging the letters from the sentence on my tattoo creates a new phrase..."

"Well, what is the new phrase?" Arche leaned in closer.

She paused briefly before responding, "The Man on the Moon rules the Infinite Time"

Arche tilted his head, " Man on the moon? Infinite time? What does that mean?"

Phi crossed her legs, "I can't tell you more than that at the moment. It could ruin our plan and potentially cause a paradox if I reveal all that I know."

"Our" plan? What on earth was she talking about? He couldn't begin to understand.

Arche sighed, "Oh God, here we go with this 'paradox' nonsense again. Do you really expect me to believe that?"

"You don't have to believe anything. However, I need you to trust me, Arche," She stated.

Could he trust her? She is easily one of the strangest people he's ever met. But she is the sister of Luna, and he has history with both of them. Out in the battlefield, despite her faults and shortcomings, he could always rely on her help. Perhaps he could overlook some of the cryptically odd quirks and secrets that this white-haired woman held.

"Fine... Can you at least tell me what Memento Mori if the Nineth Lion ate the Sun alludes to?" He asked as he rubbed his temple.

She thought for a moment, possibly thinking about what she could disclose at this current time, "Okay, but what I'm about to say may prove to be a bit... unsettling."

"I'll live," He replied.

"The phrase is referring to an alternate timeline. A timeline where I frequently traveled to during my journey with Akane. It was the reality where WilyII successfully... conquered the world," She quietly said.

"Wait, what the [tornado fang]?! Why the hell would you put that on your back then?!" He shouted.

"... As a reminder to never give up on my mission. A reminder of the consequences," She said as she gently gripped her pendant, "But it's not all negative. The man on the moon rules the infinite time... that phrase gives me hope."

"So, the anagram has two meanings. One of hope and one of consequence..." Arche said as he crossed his arms.

She silently nodded, "The sky turned red that day. Debris, pollution, smoke... there was destruction and madness everywhere you turned. The air was so filthy that red was the only color that made it through the atmosphere."

"My God..." Arche whispered as he felt his body slump in the chair.

"When most of the Resistance were defeated, some of Wily's ships converged down from the sky, while he sent his robots to hunt down the remaining Resistance. One of the ships that descended from the sky partially overlapped our view of the sun. The shape of the ship beneath the sun looked as if a lion's mouth was closing down on the sun..." She seemed a bit shaken recalling all that information.

"So, the "lion eating the sun" is a symbol of the Resistance's downfall. The day that WilyII won." He seethed angrily as he tightened his fists.

"Memento Mori -- Remember death. Remember our downfall," Phi said as she stared at the cieling.

"Remember death if the lion ate the sun."

(Light is composed of various colors; red travels the farthest. So that's why red was the only color visible through all that pollution. That also explains why the sun is red on her tattoo.)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4704 on: July 21, 2014, 07:17:36 AM
After a few minutes of convincing Heat Gabumon that Zeta wasn’t the second coming of Sweeney Todd, he gave Zeta the Watermelons for her to chop and serve to everyone else.

“I’m glad she’s calmed down a bit….and that’s she not trying to cook us dinner instead.” Borock-bot sighed.

“Me too, I never saw her so sad and angry before.” Asch stated.

“That’s because you’re only a week old and haven’t known her like me and Sakura know her.” Borock-bot responded.

“True, but she’s usually so cheerful and energetic…well she’s still full of energy but she’s taking this harder than I thought she would.”  Asch said as he watched Zeta carefully slice the watermelons.

“You’re right, but she’s been through a lot in her life, so much so that I almost consider her clinically depressed.” Borock-bot stated.

“Clinically depressed?” Asch turned his head back at him.  “Seriously?”

“Indeed.” Borock-bot nodded “She’s been like this almost all her life, she’s usually good at not letting it get to her, but this war and Quickie’s betrayal has really gotten to her hard that it’s just kept digging up things that she would rather not think about.  Not to mention something that has been bugging her for at least 2 years now too.”

“What kind of things?” Asch asked.

“I suppose it would be best to start from the beginning, though I know some of you need some history about RPM to start since Zeta’s misfortune started during the previous war.” Borock-bot sighed “Would someone mind explaining the how the war between RPM and Sparkvania began?  I could myself, but I wasn’t even built during that time and as such haven’t really experienced it myself.”

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4705 on: July 21, 2014, 07:58:18 AM
(Where is everyone right now? Are Phi and Arche the only people away from the group?)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4706 on: July 21, 2014, 07:59:27 AM
(The cafe in the Fxenodrome, which I didn't know existed until Fxeni said there was one.)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4707 on: July 21, 2014, 08:34:10 AM
There was a long pause in the Infirmary. Neither Phi or Arche had spoken after the disturbing revelation of the tattoo's meaning. Faint snapping sounds from a broken light fixture on the ceiling could be heard in this unsettlingly quiet room, as well as the soft exhales from the two.

Arche eventually broke the silence, "Well, we can't stay here all day," he said in a low voice, his gaze averted from Phi onto a random inatimate object. Clearly, the the events that had transpired in the alternate timeline weighed heavily on his mind.

Phi glanced at him, "You gonna be okay?"

Arche stood up and opened the door, "Yeah, I guess. I mean, I knew about Wily conquering the world in the alternate timeline... but, not in this level of detail. It's just..."

"It's quite a bit to take in, I know," Phi nodded as she followed him.

He rubbed his head and tried to put Phi's revelations in the back of his mind, for now. This wasn't the time.

"Where'd everyone go?" Arche walked around the Fxenodrome, with Phi right beside him.

"Well, after that exhausting battle, I'd imagine they'd either go to the Infirmary or someplace to eat. Since we just came from the former, only one option remains," Phi stated.

They walked for a couple more minutes until they approached a rather large area that seemed to be a cafe, soon spotting the group.

"Yep, that's them. Boy, they're easy to spot from a mile away," Phi observed.

Kit waved them over and pulled out two chairs next to her.

"Sorry we're late to the party I didn't know we were having," Arche said half-jokingly.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #4708 on: July 21, 2014, 09:39:27 AM
"Huh, only brought those in here to make a joke about boobs. Guess it was a good choice," Taylor remarked.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4709 on: July 21, 2014, 09:43:15 AM
(.....What?)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #4710 on: July 21, 2014, 09:52:54 AM
(I thought it was obvious especially with what I said when I brought the watermelons in haha. I mean I knew why they were needed, but in-character I just brought them in for that :P)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4711 on: July 21, 2014, 09:54:48 AM
(Oh right forgot about that, still that wasn't exactly necessary to say after I zombied everyone to the cafe.)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #4712 on: July 21, 2014, 09:55:39 AM
(I figured we were already in the cafe when I brought them in. Hence "back to where everyone was")

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4713 on: July 21, 2014, 09:57:50 AM
(No everyone was standing around, not in the Cafe, Zeta didn't move when she blew up about Quickie's complete ridicule of the power of friendship and the importance of freewill.  Though I guess I should have made it more clear they went to the cafe.  Not to mention that's not the topic at hand.)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #4714 on: July 21, 2014, 10:02:19 AM
(Ah. Well then.

Also that was more of an aside to HeatGabumon than meant to interrupt the main subject. Probably should've made that more clear as well.)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4715 on: July 21, 2014, 10:04:43 AM
(Probably still it's kind of a bit past for a joke like that, especially since I made it look like that Heat Gabumon thought Zeta was crazy with that second coming of Sweeney Todd reference at the beginning.)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #4716 on: July 21, 2014, 10:08:52 AM
(I've been busy and when I noticed that there were new posts here it was already too late but I wanted to say it anyways )

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4717 on: July 21, 2014, 10:11:25 AM
(Yeah but we already got the boob joke already, there was no need to reemphasize that again when it's not needed or relevant to the situation at hand.)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #4718 on: July 21, 2014, 10:13:31 AM
(Fair enough. Anyways, enough about this.)

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #4719 on: July 28, 2014, 09:55:44 AM
Fxeni sighed and kinda smiled when Borock-Bot asked about the Sparkvernia War. "Heh, well I can tell you that you're sitting in this place due to the war. I mean, originally I had conceived the Fxenodrome as a fun place for everyone to hang out, which it still was. But it was being built as the war started, so it got some battle scars along the way."

"The war started because of me, really!" Vixy chimed in. "Not me, exactly, but more of how I wanted RPM to ultimately be. A place for everyone to be free, free of inhibitions and constraints, of certain rules and obligations. A place where everyone can do what they enjoy doing. Then Sparky came and he was immediately turned off by it. His home was the exact opposite of what I had built with RPM. Whereas my powers come from love, his comes from hate. Since there was plenty of planet for everyone, I had no problem with him going south to start Sparkvernia. I always hoped that we could avoid conflict, but it wasn't meant to be."

"But what was the initial cause of his conquest?" Borock-Bot asked. "There must have been a catalyst to him finally going to war!"

Fxeni and Vixy both looked at one another before Fxeni sighed. "It was Peebs."

Borock-Bot and the others were confused. "Pretty Bunny ProtoGal Blues caused the war?"

"She didn't cause the war." Vixy sadly stated. "Her birth did. As you all know, PBPB is a younger, female, bunny-girl version of PB created by Sky Child, Hitomi, and myself. Sparky saw this birth as a direct threat to his supposed Utopian Universe, or so he told me..."

Flashback...

"WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS ABOMINATION?" Sparky angrily yelled at Vixy in her Game Center chambers. "It's shameful enough that you have one of his kind on this planet, but you just decided to create another one? AND A BUNNY-GIRL ON TOP OF THAT?"

"What's wrong with Usagimimis?" Vixy asked. "Or PB for that matter?"

"It's bad enough you verminous Cat-Girls are on this planet." Sparky snidely remarked. "But disregarding her abysmal species, the more immediate reaction is that you just created a new life via a whim. Not just a new life, but one as powerful as Protoman Blues is? And as open & sexual as he is? WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?"

"Welllllllll, she's not as powerful." Vixy smiled. "Buuuuuut she's definitely more open and sexual."

"...listen and listen well, Vixy!" Sparky said threateningly. "A creation such as that thing is an absolute affront to everything I stand for. The nature of its creation, the nature of its vile species, and especially the nature of whom you modeled it after. You three will only continue to spread chaos like this left unchecked. This ends now. No more. I shall give you one last chance to redeem yourselves. Destroy that abomination and maybe you will be spared in the oncoming Utopian Universe."

Vixy stood up from her chair. "She is a living, breathing person. She has a name. She is now apart of my community and my family, something I offered you once. I have given you a place on my planet, so you may do what you wish with that land. But I will do everything to protect her and provide her with love. Now leave. Go back to your own land."

Flashforward...

"A few days later, Sparkvernia began their assault across the border." Vixy said with a sad tone in her voice.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4720 on: July 28, 2014, 10:13:24 AM
"I had no idea that Ms. PBPB was the true catalyst for the war.  I always assumed that he just started the war because of you, but it makes sense." Borock-bot said with slight surprise.

"Wow that man is [tornado fang]ing nuts!" Asch cried in shock "I mean I'll admit I can kind of understand being bothered by the sexual nature of RPM, I kind of am myself!  But going to war because of that, what the [tornado fang]ing hell?!   Not to mention what the hell is wrong with animal people, why does he hate them so much?!"

"Actually if I recalled correctly Mr. Sparky is a year younger than Sakura so he just became an adult." Borock-bot stated.

"....He's only 18?!" Asch shouted.

"Yes, in fact the war was still going one when Sakura came to RPM, since she was 14 at the time Sparky was just 13." Borock-bot nodded.

"...How the hell can a single kid be that dangerous?" Asch facepalmed.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4721 on: July 28, 2014, 10:32:30 AM
"What a douchebag," Phi sighed.

"Grade A," Arche nodded in agreement.

"Not sexy at all!" Kit shook her head.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #4722 on: July 28, 2014, 11:46:45 AM
(Can I just say I was adventuring in the Digital World while this all happened? Completely unaware of it?)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #4723 on: July 28, 2014, 11:47:31 AM
(Sure why not.)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #4724 on: July 28, 2014, 12:04:57 PM
"So that's what was going on during my first adventure in the Digital World. There were some occasional disturbances near terminals linked to systems near the border in this world around that time, but I never realized quite why that was," Taylor explained. "Now it all makes sense..."