X9: Will it ever be?

AdamTheHedgehog · 44092

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #100 on: March 15, 2009, 11:33:30 PM
It still sounds like a bunch of handwaving to me.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #101 on: March 15, 2009, 11:37:10 PM
handwaving
Capcom?
Handwaving?

Never.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: March 15, 2009, 11:41:51 PM
Hmmm, it might be a toss up between Rockman & Metroid.  But for the most part, I agree with this statement.

Metroid is indeed a strong contender, but it doesn't have nearly has many entries to deal with, and it still hasn't properly written itself back from Prime to the main series.

He's dead until further notice, no doubt about that, but... how's that different from before?

First and foremost, Capcom said this is his last appearance.
Thematically, If what Lumine says is true, Sigma isn't coming back. Sigma's goal of evolution, Limitless Potential, has been achieved. Sigma left behind a legacy, Lumine upstaged him and Redips continues from there. The world is changing, it's only natural for Sigma to be discarded in his own progress. The New Generation are Sigma, there's no need for the original Sigma anymore.

For the technical explanation behind is death, there's plenty of reasons, Flame covered it nicely in his post.

"Ariquick"?

Snipe Anteater.

also, i thought the mangas weren't Canon?
whenever someone brings up the Mangas for an explanation, they get the "oh the mangas were licensed by Capcom, doesn't mean they are canon."

Are you referring to the mention of MegaMix or of MegaMission? MegaMission isn't a manga, they're collectible cards by Bandai which go with the official model kits for the series. "RockmanX, Another Story". Containing side-stories in the setting of RockmanX, these stories revolve around the events of X3. Within the scope of MegaMission, the Sigma Chip is intended as a means to revive Sigma after Doppler used his anti-Virus. Obtaining Sigma's immortality through the Sigma Chip was a key plot element. When X4 was made, the producers could have explained Sigma's return in the games, or they could have just assumed it was already a fact through MegaMission.  MegaMission definitely had importance to the series canon as of the X1~4 production team, it's only afterward that the stance on Zero getting armor seemed to change and Megamission started being in contradiction with the games.

in X8, what blew up WAS that virus

We presume it has a highly virus based origin. But there's also some technology inside of that body. At the very least it's noteworthy there was no second form he relied on and that he died with "Noooo!" instead "Again and again".

Offline AdamTheHedgehog

• Godly Artist
  • B-Class Hunter
  • YOURS IS THE BRUSH THAT WILL PAINT THE HEAVENS!
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: March 15, 2009, 11:44:51 PM
Well, Here's how I'd see X9 in terms of gameplay, visuals, story, and characters:

Character Revisions(gameplay-wise, visually, and plot wise):

X: X should get back the Hover skill he lost after X5, along with the armors from X5. Visually, his design should be made to fit Z1-3. Gameplay wise, his controls should be based on balanced power and good effieciency.

Zero: Zero should get a redesign to fit the Z-Series. Next, instead of all the varied weapons that you got in X8(such as that hammer, the knux, and spear thing), Zero's going back to his saber, his buster, and a series of Shotokan moves. Also, the Z-Virus should play an addition to gameplay. After his bad ending corruption in X5, he should be able to use it to his advantage, meaning that it strenghens his offense at a cost of defense, like in X5.

Axl: First off, Axl should be changed from a ranged fighter to a magic user. His gameplay style will be more oriented for those that like to take things slow and easy. He'll learn several spells like waves of fire. Also, in terms of plot, Axl will be temporarily unavailable for the purpose of that, which I will now explain.

Next up, we have Plot:

My plot would take place about a month prior to the events of X8. Sigma, believed to be dead, pulls another Sigma and comes back, this time in a demonic-looking version of his eldest form. He now has a space station, but he is not attacking the Earth, as he did with Eurasia, however he now is planning to use it to take over the satellite system of Earth and transmit a new, superpowerful version of the Sigma Virus! :O He decides to try it out on a construction site, which is beginning construction on what will be Neo Arcadia. The message recieved, the Hunters move out to the site, and after clearing the site's threats, finds a new foe has risen; OMEGA. It seems that Sigma has enlisted this maverich to end the Hunters for good. Testing their abilities, Sigma opens up 8 sets of coordinates, which go to the 8 stations of his base, which hold 8 mavericks. One maverick down, and Axl is feeling somewhat ill. X and Zero ask if he is okay, and Axl replies he will be fine for now. 3 more Mavericks and Axl succumbs to a temporary corruption. The hunters do not know what is making him go maverich, but reccomend X and Zero to go to where Axl ran off, neutrilize him, and bring him back to the base. Afterwards, they find that it is caused to what Lumine did to him a month ago. Alia says that she, along with Layer and Pallette, will be able to cure him, but they'll need time (about 4 more mavericks). After the final 4 are taken down, Sigma congratulates them, and opens up the coordinates to Sigma's Lair. Omega returns once again, and after his defeat, dissapears. While X is fighting fit, Axl is damaged severely and returns back to base. Being alone, Sigma challenges X and Zero for the final time. Prior to his final fall, They find that Lumine is still alive, and was using Omega as a vessal to stay alive. Lumine wishes to finish what he started, and challenges X and Zero. After his first form is beaten, Lumine strikes down X and Zero temporarily. Just as they were about to be done in, Axl returns and wants to get revenge on Lumine. Lumine obliges and becomes an even stronger form of Omega, the form that is referenced in the Elf Wars and in Zero 3. After Axl halves Lumine's health, he says he is not able to help any further, as he's expended his stamina, leaving Zero and X to finish the fight. After Lumine's final defeat, his reploid spirit floats off as a purple and white spectere, but then purifies. He apologizes for what happened in X8, because despite his claim that the Next-Gen Reploids were immune to being infected by the Sigma virus, they were not, and were still able to go Maverick, and he himself succame to this. Saying this, he fades away. After this battle, Axl decides to leave the hunters and fight for justice as a solo act, Zero is put into stasis, and X becomes ruler of Neo Arcadia, thus leading into the events of Zero 1...

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #104 on: March 15, 2009, 11:47:19 PM
You were doing so well before you said magic.

Offline AdamTheHedgehog

• Godly Artist
  • B-Class Hunter
  • YOURS IS THE BRUSH THAT WILL PAINT THE HEAVENS!
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: March 15, 2009, 11:48:31 PM

Well, it would resolve the conflict of having 2 ranged characters.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: March 15, 2009, 11:54:50 PM
Axl should use magic.  You know, I can honestly say I never thought of that...

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: March 15, 2009, 11:57:26 PM
First and foremost, Capcom said this is his last appearance.
Yes, you mentioned that. I just don't believe that even official announcements would guarantee his death. If they need him to come back, he will.
Of course, you just explained how there's no longer any motivation to bring him back (except nostalgia), but then I wasn't saying that it was likely, rather, that I wouldn't put it past them.

As for this magic thing, wouldn't it be the other way around? X has limited ammo for his specials, but they're more powerful, while Axl and Zero can shootanslice to their hearts content.
Unless you mean LITERALLY magic rather than functional equivalent.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: March 16, 2009, 12:02:14 AM
I stopped when he said X should look Z-Series'd.

I'd also like to point out how lame Sigma's death in X8 was. After 8 games, if thats the best they could come up with, thats pathetic.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #109 on: March 16, 2009, 12:02:55 AM
But Axl can already transform into other repliroids.... what more "magic" do you want?

And ranged fighter? Axl is as flexible as X. The difference is that instead of a Buster, he use different guns and rifles as his weapons. Also flame throwers and other fire arms.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Frozen Potato

• The Unamused Blue Haired
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: March 16, 2009, 12:03:09 AM
As far as im concerned.....a Megaman game with MAGICS is a total nut.....Megaman is all about science~

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: March 16, 2009, 12:04:12 AM
Axl should be a crafter, able to fuse matierals together to form powerful new weapons that he cannot use at all because crafters don't fight.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: March 16, 2009, 12:05:11 AM
Spoons~

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: March 16, 2009, 12:06:55 AM
If we must change Axl, give him a weapon that no one's ever heard of but still gets the job done.

Axl can copy his enemies; isn't that good enough?

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: March 16, 2009, 12:09:04 AM
There's no getting away from him being the odd one out though, since there's melee and then there's ranged, with no space between the two.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: March 16, 2009, 12:10:33 AM
Axl can copy his enemies; isn't that good enough?

Lumine: "So even copying something as dangerous as Sigma, provides no risk."

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #116 on: March 16, 2009, 12:13:50 AM
I stopped when it mentioned  "regaining his lost hover ability."
though as a whole,...
painfully illogical idea
seriously,
get out.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: March 16, 2009, 12:14:11 AM
If we must change Axl, give him a weapon that no one's ever heard of but still gets the job done.

I call it the Kleyver-Tar

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #118 on: March 16, 2009, 12:16:07 AM
No, that ones for Zero.
or even better, FOR THE NEW CHARACTER!

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #119 on: March 16, 2009, 12:17:27 AM

In before Nevan from DMC3.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #120 on: March 16, 2009, 12:18:19 AM
if anything i say give axl ability to temporarily turn into the bosses as well as his various firearms >.>

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #121 on: March 16, 2009, 12:20:32 AM
Kind of like in ZXA? That didn't work out too great. Maybe they could be some sort of compromise that are better than both forms.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #122 on: March 16, 2009, 12:24:22 AM
if anything i say give axl ability to temporarily turn into the bosses as well as his various firearms >.>
thats what he SHOULD have done from the beginning IMO. otherwise hes just a clone of X with no charge shot. I mean, his transformation was pretty useless in X8 except for about 2 segments. XCM got it right in that respect. dont give him special weapons, give him Boss transformations. the different guns can be implemented similarly to Zero's different weapons in X8.

Posted on: March 15, 2009, 06:23:48 PM
Kind of like in ZXA? That didn't work out too great. Maybe they could be some sort of compromise that are better than both forms.
well, ZXA isnt quite the best example of how it could work. Model A works VASTLY different from Axl. Especially since, yknow, its not him.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #123 on: March 16, 2009, 12:28:56 AM

Only for experts!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #124 on: March 16, 2009, 12:29:32 AM
GUITAR HERO vs ROCKMAN X