The "What are you currently playing?" Thread

Saber · 730247

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3125 on: October 23, 2012, 02:38:25 AM
Oh, I meant to mention...  I finished Solar Winds, Episode 2: The Universe recently.  ...  I'd like to say I was disappointed, but given that I wasn't expecting much to begin with, it's hard to say it and mean it.  I won't get into details, but the game ends kind of suddenly.  There seems like there's a big build-up and like a bajillion different portals for you to potentially visit, but you end up doing all of two missions from the final guy before he says, "Yeah, we're done.  Go play," which is basically the game's way of saying "Go beat the game."

Sigh...  I was hoping for a bit more exploration.  But then again, this is no Star Control II...  I can also see why Stone Interactive Media didn't do any more games after this.  XD  Not an awful couple of games, but they were very linear.  The second one in particular was very, very buggy and lacked non-essential NPCs to harass.

Hrm.  I guess I was disappointed.  :(

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #3126 on: October 23, 2012, 07:43:19 AM
Knocked out the Third Case in Ace Attorney. Maya's a fun character, she's a good sidekick type for Phoenix.
I'll try and finish the next two cases soon so I can get Justice for All from the guy who loaned me AA next week.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
  • Blow up! We want to blow up this area.
    • View Profile
Reply #3127 on: October 24, 2012, 06:09:48 AM
Is that the original? For DC?

FEELS  ;^;Which has the massive scrotums?

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3128 on: October 24, 2012, 10:11:51 AM
I just started playing the PSP version of Final Fantasy III.
It reads my system settings to know my language and my X/O functions. Unfortunately nobody told the HUD. The screen will still say "O Accept" and "X Cancel", even though that isn't true. So far It's a fun game. Dual Wielding all over the place. Luneth is usually dual wielding the two most powerful weapons, while everyone else usually uses the shop stuff.

I hate how slow the zoom is and how claustrophobic I have to be to see the secret switch/item indicator. If it were faster I could bare it. Maybe I'll make a cheat or something for it.

I love the Auto Battle system, but I don't like that I can't hold Select to cancel it as I'm going into a battle. If I win with it on I have to hope the next battle isn't special or I'm fast enough at pressing select rapidly. I like that it speeds up when Auto Battling. I might try to make a cheat that lets me toggle the speed increase in controlled battle. Maybe it even works out of battle?

I'll have some screenshots in the random picture thread eventually.

Alos, anybody who's played 3(though it may not matter since I'm sure they rebalanced the Jobs, even different from the DS version), How does Warrior, Black Mage, White Mage, Thief sound? I want to have all warriors, but I know that will probably screw me over in the obligatory "physical attack resistant monster" dungeon that will teach me to use magic. Also, is Monk any good? I know in FF1 it had a side effect of getting multiple hits, so monsters who nullified all attacks to 1 were easily defeated if they had low HP. Maybe I'll do Warrior, Thief, Red Mage, Monk.

I officially finished FF III. I probably could have finished days ago if not for end of game anxiety.

I'm playing II.

PS: III was short. I imagine it'd have to if the story in the original was as non-existent as I'm lead to believe.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3129 on: October 26, 2012, 07:19:37 PM
Yesterday I beat Maverick Hunter X with X and Vile on Hard. Still a solid remake, with some annoyances. Vile's game is so much fun, very strategic and rewarding. That knee flamethrower thing saved my run. Sadly my PSP's d-pad is all twitchy. Would be fun to replay Powered Up too, but that game has some precise jumps... not exactly fun with a controller that decides to go left randomly.

Right now I'm just getting the last RE6 Trophy (grind grind grind), and then it's done.

After RE6, I might play some Mega Man games.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3130 on: October 28, 2012, 07:35:54 AM
It does suck how much the PSP's durability sucks. :(

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3131 on: October 28, 2012, 08:06:28 AM
I have an original PSP-1001 and it has yet to have any lasting damage done to it that wasn't done by stupidity.  I... dropped it.  On concrete.  Repeatedly.  And believe it or not, it wasn't on purpose!  The only thing that happened was the battery door is a little loose now.  Oh, and I may have broken the old, factory-issue battery.  But it may have also just worn out over time, so I don't know that I did hurt it any.  XD

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3132 on: October 28, 2012, 08:29:28 AM
My battery is so dead. I haven't played my PSP in like years. My only charger is USB, and that doesn't provide enough juice to turn it on.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3133 on: October 28, 2012, 08:31:49 AM
My PSP-2001's analog stick started going crazy a while ago, but that was easily fixed by running a PRX that disabled it.

My battery is so dead. I haven't played my PSP in like years. My only charger is USB, and that doesn't provide enough juice to turn it on.

It doesn't provide enough juice because the PSP doesn't charge via USB unless it is on. If you have a USB - DC adapter that used the regular charging jack, that would work.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3134 on: October 28, 2012, 08:53:23 AM
I do and it doesn't. And I don't think it ever charges via the USB port

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #3135 on: October 28, 2012, 10:04:44 AM
Some models can.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3136 on: October 28, 2012, 10:08:20 AM
Mine's the first one. Both of mine are. All 3. But the 3rd one we tried making a kitty litter battery to pass it off to some kid, but it became a mushy cat litter rusty mess and then later I shot it right in the screen with a blow dart.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3137 on: October 28, 2012, 11:06:59 AM
I do and it doesn't. And I don't think it ever charges via the USB port

100x cannot charge via USB.
200x can charge via USB while on and no in Standy Mode and it usually takes 1 or 2 minutes of being plugged in before the light turns amber.

I have no idea about 300x and Go.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3138 on: October 29, 2012, 07:56:34 PM
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3139 on: November 01, 2012, 07:18:46 PM
I completely understand what it is to be a Robot Master in a Mega Man game now...

Finished Powered Up as Time Man, Hard difficulty. I gave up on this run years ago, and decided to pick it up again. Elec Man is such a pain in the ass with Time Man. Since you're playing as a Robot Master, that means you only have one weakness out of 8, and you are also weak to one of the 8 yourself. Freaking intense stuff...

That was such a ride, in any case. I think I'm gonna play as Cut Man one of these days, 'cause he can wall jump. Sounds like fun.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3140 on: November 01, 2012, 07:27:53 PM
Try playing as Oilman some time.  On Hard Mode.  You'll go absolutely insane with frustration.  8D

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3141 on: November 01, 2012, 10:23:56 PM
Yeah, I can tell it'll be annoying. That weak oil thing... X(

Finished with Cut Man on Hard. Not as bad as Time Man, and wall jumping is awesome. Aiming the Rolling Cutter is a pain, but at least it deals decent damage to most bosses. Also, Cut's strongest foe, Guts, is super easy.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #3142 on: November 02, 2012, 12:33:27 AM
Gutsman on final Wily Stage (Hard).
UUUUURGH.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3143 on: November 02, 2012, 09:29:32 AM
Oddly, I didn't have much of a problem clearing the game on Hard Mode with Gutsman.  Those blocks of his made a damn good shield.  Plus, if you're really clever, you can even trap some bosses for a little while!  Cutman/Copy Cutman in particular was fun to trap.  He didn't have enough room to walk, so he could never activate his Big Cutter move.  X3

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3144 on: November 02, 2012, 12:17:33 PM
Does Guts Man have high defense at least? Seems hard to hit enemies with the slow blocks, and he's freaking huge.

I'm done with Powered Up for now, though. One of these days I'll try a couple more bosses.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3145 on: November 02, 2012, 12:38:16 PM
All the Robot Masters take the same amount of damage from stage enemies and such as Rock himself, as far as I'm aware.  I could be wrong, though.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3146 on: November 03, 2012, 03:10:26 AM
Well, ended up playing and beating Hard mode with Guts Man. Holy crap, that was brutal. Some bosses that are normally a cakewalk (like MM clone and Ice) are suddenly impossible or just too annoying. You pretty much have to come up with an entirely new strategy in every stage and for every boss. A couple of bosses are a joke, though, 'cause you may trap them/shield yourself behind a block.

Guts Man isn't very fun to play as, IMO. Creating platforms is sweet (especially over spikes), but since the blocks are his only attack, you must deal with a split second wait for every single shot... which is angled and hits walls A LOT... and that's IF you're standing on a solid platform to create blocks. And he's so freaking huge. Bleh.

One cool touch about Guts is that he doesn't flinch when he's fighting his own clone. Not even when the ground shakes, haha.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #3147 on: November 03, 2012, 06:16:56 AM
Dishonored
Black Mesa (Half-Life 2 Mod)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Hero Mode (Sidequesting)
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor

Heavily considering picking up the Assassin's Creed series. Any words on that guys?

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #3148 on: November 03, 2012, 06:22:09 AM
Heavily considering picking up the Assassin's Creed series. Any words on that guys?
Don't do that to yourself.
You'll regret it.
I know I do.

Overhyped bullshit is overhyped. It's only saving grace was that Jesper Kyd made the music for it, and it seems that's not the case anymore.

Then again, feel free to try it, but please do not touch the first one, since the story of the games is crap anyway, you can easily skip it. It's tne worst one I believe.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3149 on: November 03, 2012, 02:07:51 PM
I lked Jesper Kyd's music back in the Megadrive days.  The Adventures of Batman & Robin for the win!  *w*