Megaman Odyssey Project Edit: 2010 Demo

kuja killer · 77277

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #125 on: August 23, 2010, 05:37:11 AM
may i get the .FTM file about it too ? cause when i send to matrixz (author of megaman forever) ..he'll need to see the FTM file for the fami tracker program so he can see all those notes like C-1 ... D#3 .... E-9 .. F-1 and whatever to know what numbers to type in the mm3-6 music format.

and so uhhh ..n-mario and objection man...you guys think this whole concept is worth the time to do then ?? i just had to make sure that im not wasting my time here on this. 1 person in the rom-hacking IRC channel is against the idea.

and yea i went ahead and created a backup IPS patch earlier like objection man suggested "just in case"

MexicanSunflower

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #127 on: August 23, 2010, 06:32:59 AM
okay great. :) Got it.
i was just listening in fami tracker myself just to see..and like ..why does it never play anything from the noise channel ? it only does it like a couple times the entire 50 seconds..but almost always never does ?? just only wondered.

and what's that DPCM on the far right side ?? i see there's notes in there occasioinally under the DPCM section ..is that required for this ? cause the mm music engine doesn't use DPCM on anything ..i think.

MexicanSunflower

Reply #128 on: August 23, 2010, 06:42:07 AM
Run the file in the latest stable which can be found here: http://famitracker.shoodot.net/files/ft_v035.zip

The noise should work, it's running fine for me right now.

As far as the DPCM channel is concerned, I'm using the Fxx command to achieve a rational tempo to match the song, and not corrupt the engine. The same effects can be applied to any other channel in a different effect column, I just put it in DPCM for convenience.

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #129 on: August 23, 2010, 06:50:46 AM
ah cool now it works yea. I seemed to have version 0.30, now it works in that 0.35. :)
and wow yea i think i see what you mean then. that BPM number going back and forth between 225 and 300 really fast every second.

well i'll try talking to matrixz then about it soon. it's still not over yet cause it'll have to be made into the mm3-6 format now until it can truly be in this hack for reals. :|
he did help once before with the duplex space station song. that basils8bit (basilik) from youtube made in fami tracker, which matrixz needed to see it to make it work with this.

what do you think personally about my earlier post about me trying out this whole mm Zero style concept with being able to walk around and talk to people outside of gameplay like with Ceil in zero ?? is it okay ...or useless in your opinion ??

Offline Yoku Man

• Robot Master of Yoku Blocks.
  • Resistance Member
  • "Don't Trust Your Eyes, Trust Mine."
    • View Profile
Reply #130 on: August 23, 2010, 02:39:51 PM
I think its a great idea. It also gives more excuse to use your cool portraits and texts format. It makes your hack stand out even more as an original concept. Turning it into a totally new game and not just an edit of MM3.

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #131 on: September 27, 2010, 11:47:44 AM
this is my final and last time i'm ever going to try asking anyone from this particular forum.

is there anyone out there ever willing to be able to join this project "full time" in terms of helping with graphics at all ?? ... since im on 9 months now without a start on the necro graveyard level seriously... i've already tried tons of times explaining about this level everywhere all these months. about graphics and stuff

if not then im truly ready to put an end to this game permenately, cause i cant stand it anymore being alone on it i have ZERO motivation to even touch it because of being alone...megaman-omega is not enough for this game to ever succeed ...

i dont have fun on this anymore, i dont enjoy spending time on this anymore...i just cant stand it :(

since almost 5 years for only 2 levels is beyond un-acceptable  ;O;

MexicanSunflower

Reply #132 on: September 27, 2010, 10:17:21 PM
i would be willing to help with tilesets, my skills have gotten decent after working on mmtt. granted, i am in school and i can't be home until 3 on weekdays.

what exactly did you have in mind that volunteers should work on? i could try and get something together by tonight.

Offline lizardcommando

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Lizardcommando's Youtube Page
Reply #133 on: September 28, 2010, 01:19:51 AM
Instead of just giving up altogether, why not just relax and spend some time away from it? Give yourself a month break or something. Sometimes, just stepping away from a massive project will let you clear your mind. After stepping away for a while and then coming back to it will help you get those creative juices flowing.

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #134 on: September 28, 2010, 01:30:58 AM
Although that's true, this isn't a matter of a creative blockage, but the fact that he can't get any artist to assist him. I really wish I could be of any help, but unfortunately spriting is not one of my strengths.

Offline JKB Games

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #135 on: September 28, 2010, 04:56:30 AM
I have something to say to you.

First, I was really shocked when you said 2 stages in 5 years then I went to check out the videos you have for the game. After seeing the stages I was, oh now I see why it toke him this long (why would you even consider making such a huge game if you don't even have the resources to pull it off?).

Anyways going back to my analysis.
Stages are way too big and complex (I'm not going into more detail because that is not the point of this post). Each one of those could be broken down to 2 different levels. For example, why have 2 completely different stages for Boltman, You could easily make the Tower his stage and use the valley for another master. Same goes to Duplexman stage, can have the ride be one stage and the other half another one. I'm not trying to break up you game, destroy all your hard work or anything, I'm just suggesting possible solutions to have a more complete game because at this rate you will never finish.

Also, you need to plan out stuff in a broader range and be able to adapt. Doing one thing at a time might seem effective, but not when you're working with others and depend on them. People tend to get bored when doing the same thing over and over. This way you can have multiple people doing different things. Also, not everyone knows how to sprite a graveyard for example but maybe a cave or a forest for another level, but since you're stuck on that one stage everyone else is stuck also.

Another big "mistake" us amateur developers do is go out of scope and do fun things that are not originally planned. I read you made a time attack and now wanting to do this "walk around lab thing" which all sounds cool and amazing but push the release date even further behind.

I have a lot more to say that I learned from years of experience doing amateur games (MMXC was not my first project) but that is pretty much what I wanted to share, take it as an advice, criticism or whatever.

Sorry for jumping around, hope I made at least a little bit of sense.

Best of luck.

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #136 on: September 29, 2010, 10:06:55 AM
i know... :( i do regret this whole freaking "2 levels per robot master" thing ..i wish i never went through with that from the very start. :( but it just happened un-expected with bolt when i wanted a valley level, but megaman-omega wanted a tower level, so it ended up being both of them.  and then i went ahead through a long process of tons and tons of coding setting the whole game up like that so that the 8 guy's levels are all 2 levels long each. :( (2 years ago)

i know people have said they do like the concept, but i wish i never went through with it obviously...cause only just will take a million years to ever finish.
i want to get out of it real bad....but i just feel like i can't. :(

Pyroman would supposedly be like about being in some big factory of explosives and other crazy stuff blowing up or whatever for the 1st level...then the 2nd level would be in that same exact place, except that you gotta escape it cause the whole entire place is going into meltdown cause like maybe pyro blew something up (ending intro of the 1st level) that's going to cause the whole place to blow up. i dont know.

Glacier woman would start outside like on some frozen volcano ..the 2nd level would be "inside" the frozn volcano - speedremix's idea.
dont know what else...i feel like it's too late to "get out" of the whole 2 level per guy stuff. :(

Offline JKB Games

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #137 on: September 29, 2010, 11:39:07 AM
What you mean is too late to get out? Have you done anything on the other levels? Is it that hard to change the code?

As I see right now you don't really need all those levels, just rethink and plan out something simpler that you can accomplish.

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
  • An Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #138 on: September 29, 2010, 12:36:09 PM
You know what kuja? if you had asked me on what i would do, I would have told you that to make a simple hack with everything new while still keeping original style. Just new bosses, new levels and new music but no ultra-SNES like graphics or whatever. Just as good as what Megaman 4-6 was. That's because your game's style is so complicated that its hard for us to do it in limits.

Just tell me if you want to start over. And I tell you that with your skills as a programmer we could make tons of hacks per a year.

Offline VulcanoMan

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #139 on: March 18, 2011, 07:42:10 PM
You know what kuja? if you had asked me on what i would do, I would have told you that to make a simple hack with everything new while still keeping original style. Just new bosses, new levels and new music but no ultra-SNES like graphics or whatever. Just as good as what Megaman 4-6 was. That's because your game's style is so complicated that its hard for us to do it in limits.

Just tell me if you want to start over. And I tell you that with your skills as a programmer we could make tons of hacks per a year.
Bosses and music can be kept, just made the levels ONE level long. Also, I have a question, Kuja:
If you finish your game (or just want to have a break of MMO), would you help me make a MegaMan 3 hack.
It would be something like your game, just with levels ONE level long, "Doc Robots" enabled, a longer "BreakMan" stage, and NO robots.
And I'm NOT talking about LuckyStar 3.