Megaman Odyssey Project Edit: 2010 Demo

kuja killer · 77250

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: October 27, 2009, 02:21:52 AM
Hey Kuja, i just want to thank you enough for using my suggestion, i may make an additional title screen if you will

Here's My Facebook Account, Join the Megagirl R project http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002211482262

if you want to know my skype account, send me a PM

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: February 24, 2010, 02:26:40 PM
Oh your welcome. :) And no, speed actually did make a title logo, and i took it and inserted it. I appreciate it though.

Currently at the momment i've been doing nothing at all for the game whatsoever. Just been playing megaman zero 2 all day long yesterday and beat it for the first time, and the first rozenkruenstillete the day before, and now i just got started on megaman zero 3 last night.

I always keep saying i hope to have duplex done and over with since Feburary 2009 when this level begun, soon. So everyone will have a 2nd demo to try out, but i just truly dont know how "soon" it will be. :(

Posted on: 27-10-2009, 11:28:38
Hope people haven't forgotten me

I wanted to tell everyone that i'm going to be releasing the duplex man demo very extremely soon, literally probably in the next few days if im lucky. The level design for the 2 levels is finally 100% complete after 1 whole year, some things i wont be able to finish up doing for the demo include:
"inside" dr light's lab screen
a door opening sound effect

But well, im truly hoping i can get help from people after i release this demo, cause i obviously cant be spending like 6 - 12 months to make levels, so im looking for anyone possible.
But anyway, im expecting myself to be done with duplex man this week, so hope people would still be willing to look forward to it. I've done so much coding and things it's ridiculous.

All that's remaining is just, add a extra animation to one of duplex's attacks, get the scripts translated for the japanese version of the game for megaman and duplex's talking, and i might code a little mini side event after duplex is beaten (un-decided)

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: February 24, 2010, 02:27:21 PM
I am looking forward to it!

Offline newbalance84

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: February 28, 2010, 02:46:53 AM
Hello, Kuja Killer.  I just finished my third or fourth playthrough of the Boltman demo, and wow, man...seriously, wow!  Epic stuff here, including the ramps, which you don't find in many classic MM games (hacks, fangames, or otherwise noted, except for Rockman 4 MI).  Anyway, I love what you've got going.

Between Odyssey, Forever, Ultra 2, MI, and the plethora of MM fangames (72, Hollow Fate, New Tomorrow, etc), you've given me something to look forward to in the future.  Thank you very much, and I, echoing the praise of others, am excited about the next installment.  Keep up the good work, man, and take care.

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: March 06, 2010, 07:21:47 AM
If i may copy-paste from acmlm:

http://acmlm.kafuka.org/uploader/get.php?id=2945

Hey everyone, after 13 months since feburary 2009, the duplex man levels are finally finished and ready for the public. There are still only just a few non-level related things not implemented/finished that I really wanted, but it'll have to come another time.

The pallete file is recommended to be used, i hope people wont be upset at us about this, only duplex's room uses a custom color that will be black without the pal file. Otherwise the rest of the game will be just fine.

I do not plan on releasing a demo after every single level, but i feel people deserve to try this out since it's been over a year. There is SO much stuff that's been done since then. There's a challenges award system, and Time Attack game mode. I hope people will enjoy those.  There is way too much stuff to name that I have coded over the past year it's un-believable truly.
I've spent countless time making sure there isn't any problems or bugs. There shouldn't be any anywhere hopefully, but there still may.

I've been holding off for looking for people to help with this hack until duplex was finished, and now, I seriously need to find anyone that'd be willing to help with anything. Graphics, level design, anything while I'm only able to truly do all 100% programming since that's honestly the only thing im an expert at doing. I don't want this game to to take more years to complete, so  I need all the help i can get to continue this.

Me and megaman-omega hope you all will enjoy this duplexman theme and story. Comments/questions/concerns, dont hestiate to ask.

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
  • An Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: March 06, 2010, 02:29:12 PM
Duplex stage made me cry. I cant believe it took me that much to get to the end.

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: March 06, 2010, 11:41:50 PM
im amazed by the Demo and looking at the unfinished levels, i cant wait. *o*

but is the music gonna be completely replaced?.

Here's My Facebook Account, Join the Megagirl R project http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002211482262

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: March 06, 2010, 11:46:33 PM
Yes i do want new music for everything.

I picked out the 2 songs i wanted so far for the bolt tower, and the first duplex level.

While basilik from youtube made the space station song completely custom made from his imagination...which honestly im feeling less comfortable with the more i listen to it. :( But i dont blame him or anything like that.

Im no music composer, so i have to find other people who'd be willing to help with that.

Infidelity, matrixz, and basilik each done 1 song each so far. I hope basilik can help out more eventually.

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
  • An Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: March 07, 2010, 12:24:04 AM
wutz!? Duplexman stage songs is awasome and it is ORIGINAL. I totally love it. I even recorded it and put it in my mp3 recorder. I would love to have a high quality one from baisilsk himself.

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: March 07, 2010, 12:28:05 AM
Oh yes i know it's original, i like it too. I dont actually hate it or anything bad like that really. There's just apart of it concerning ONLY the Square 2 sound channel that still bugs me. I am eternally greateful he did it though, honest (just only the station song)

The space travel song i picked out myself from Gunstar heroes genesis as you know - which im in looove with

http://www.youtube.com/user/BaiiIs8bit - thats his page

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: March 07, 2010, 03:55:22 AM
well Kuja, i have some suggestions

1.- well, for original music, im referring to original compositions, i dint know the duplexman song was from gun-star heroes, but since the game has original robot masters, why not give them original music compositions?

2.- It is OK if you make the RM sprites a little more megaman-esque?, or at least the mugshots?

3.- and finally, you may re-work this part a little bit

It seems that the Electricity Has an erratic pattern, seriously, how am i supposed to get those items?

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: March 07, 2010, 05:56:52 AM
All the graphics and sprite designs are courtsey of megaman-omega, with some other things by other people too at least thankfully.

Speedremix did the title screen logos, a person from sprites inc named daemon did part of the "outside light's lab" scene.

And various people from the romhacking IRC have done drawn little things here and there for stuff.

Im 100% satisifed with the boss designs, i dont wanna make megaman-omega do them all over again ...it'll only just delay this game more and more forever, and it takes a long time to put them into the game anyway writing all the data and animations and stuff and so on.

You can get that sub tank a special way. Dont be afraid to look at the level map in the pause menu screen. (There's a small event in the inner tower portion that affects all those electricfied wires how they appear/disappear)

Offline Reg

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: March 07, 2010, 08:21:34 AM
Played the new demo and I must say I've very impressed. Some excellent work you've done here. Keep up the amazing work.

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: March 09, 2010, 07:38:11 AM
How do you guys feel about the space station maze ??
I'd really like to know what you all think. :)

I really liked how it turned out being a big maze, kinda zelda-ish like. It's a nice change compared to always going the same way, to the right like normal levels.

But instead exploring the big confusing station duplex took over. :) There's very few enemies. And it's VERY graphically detailed ...even duplex's room. :) i hope people would appreciate how it all looks and the feeling. etc, not just the playing alone.

There was so much coding and time put into it.  I wrote SO much code to pull off everything, doing the AI for enemies, the computer room, and so on.

Offline Konchuu Kettou

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: March 09, 2010, 08:04:39 PM
Hi, I played your game.

It's such awesome work.

Keep up the good work!

Offline Karasawa

• Famous Unknown
  • Cyberelf
  • SPIN SPIN SPIN!
    • View Profile
    • TrinityMUGEN
Reply #40 on: March 10, 2010, 10:08:45 PM
We talked a bit on YT about your project. You've really got something GREAT in the makings, here. I'd love to toy around with FamiTracker and throw a few tracks your way. Good luck to you!  bVd

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: March 24, 2010, 03:39:37 PM
That would be excellent karasawa. I would appreciate that very much.
 I feel a little sad nobody at all here, or on 2ch even have wanted to say anything about the space station, or duplex's AI behavior pattern, cause it took me 7 months to code duplex's AI ALONE without doing anything else.

I want to start on Necro man now ASAP. It's a very dark, haunted, spooky type of theme altogether is what i hoped for.
Not 1 little single thing has been made or done yet. I've literally been sitting here doing nothing ever since the demo release 5 nights ago.

** Speedremix/Nebula Black hopefully will be able to do some of the graphic design. for the 2nd level, half graveyard, half idea from speed.
** Mineyl from acmlm board may be able to help with the level design hopefully. - 2nd level.
** Megaman-omega may focus on the 1st level. - An abandoned city type theme

i do all coding 100% since that's really all i even can do...

I really wanna get this level done quickly. :( Duplex took 1 year, 1 month, so i cant let this take that long again..

Posted on: March 11, 2010, 13:52:37
Anybody at all here willing to help ? I still again dont have a start on anything still for necro man :( ..

Well someone named Dr Hell on acmlm board may be able to help out with some graphics, and he's done this so far:

I dont know 100% for sure how the 2nd half of the graveyard level will be, but may be speedremix's idea about being inside of something..like the mansion from the background (if there will be one soon)
As long as there's enough space in the level data to allow it. Im limited to only 256 16x16 and 32x32 blocks per level, unique, non-duplicate

http://www.a3share.com/members/1119/begin.PNG

This is what i mean about the necro graveyard theme how i was hoping it could be a graveyard, spooky, haunted, etc. But i dont want the top half of the screen though. I perfered something else like a big mansion in the background, where the the top half of the screen above the fence level will be non-scrolling static. Something very similiar-looking to grolla's level on the 1st rozenkreuszstillete game.

I do like the bottom half of the screen though and will take it.

But it's been almost 2 weeks and he hasn't gotten back to me about it yet. :(

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: March 24, 2010, 05:50:48 PM
Anybody at all here willing to help ? I still again dont have a start on anything still for necro man :( ..

Well someone named Dr Hell on acmlm board may be able to help out with some graphics, and he's done this so far:

I dont know 100% for sure how the 2nd half of the graveyard level will be, but may be speedremix's idea about being inside of something..like the mansion from the background (if there will be one soon)
As long as there's enough space in the level data to allow it. Im limited to only 256 16x16 and 32x32 blocks per level, unique, non-duplicate

http://www.a3share.com/members/1119/begin.PNG

This is what i mean about the necro graveyard theme how i was hoping it could be a graveyard, spooky, haunted, etc. But i dont want the top half of the screen though. I perfered something else like a big mansion in the background, where the the top half of the screen above the fence level will be non-scrolling static. Something very similiar-looking to grolla's level on the 1st rozenkreuszstillete game.

I do like the bottom half of the screen though and will take it.

But it's been almost 2 weeks and he hasn't gotten back to me about it yet. :(

HOLY [parasitic bomb]!!!!!!, that looks too advanced for megaman tiles, nice

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: March 24, 2010, 09:07:47 PM
Yea gatuca. The deal is this game uses the mmc5 mapper which explains why it doesn't work well in old outdated emulators "other than" fceux, nestopia, and nintendulator.
And with this mapper, im allowed to have any individual 8x8 pixel tile be assigned it's own 3-color pallete rather than the NES's limitation of only being allowed on a 16x16 block.

And this allows me to not ever be limited to only 256 tiles, for a level graphic tilset for a level. I get to have as many as i want. But im still limited by level data though in only getting to create 256 blocks as i mentioned above, for a level in the MegaFLE level editor.

oh and does anybody have suggestions for a good theme song for the necro man themes ?? I wanted it to be basically the same as the level itself. Dark-feeling, spooky, haunted if possible. Some people have suggested lots of songs to me already but i have a terrible time trying to decide what i would like officially 100% truly. :( so i haven't taken any yet.
I've tried listening to some songs like, "haunted graveyard" from SNES/genesis super ghoul n goblins, do not like it at all, megaman X6 final sigma theme, i feel like 80% on that.
the grolla girl's level from rozenkrusetillete .. i like that almost pure 100%, but it would be way too hard and impossible for basiislik from youtube to make a NES version of that, so i cant. ..it's so hard for me to find something :(

Offline Konchuu Kettou

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: March 26, 2010, 08:33:07 PM

oh and does anybody have suggestions for a good theme song for the necro man themes ?? I wanted it to be basically the same as the level itself. Dark-feeling, spooky, haunted if possible. Some people have suggested lots of songs to me already but i have a terrible time trying to decide what i would like officially 100% truly. :( so i haven't taken any yet.

Capcom's Ghost n' Goblins game. It's suggestly recommended.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghosts_'n_Goblins

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: April 08, 2010, 08:35:49 PM
Capcom's Ghost n' Goblins game. It's suggestly recommended.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghosts_'n_Goblins

eh i probably wouldn't want to im afraid. My first experience with one of the songs from the SNES/genesis ghouls/ghosts and goblins game... the song called "haunted graveyard" i seriously did not like at all. :(

It's too hard for me to ever  manage to find a song i'd like. ugh ...i think this song searching thing is seriously just going to be put on hold in-defintely until after necro man is done ..

And i want to announce that spin man may more than likely 99% for sure going to be changed to "glacier woman" instead which speedremix may be helping out with.

Posted on: March 30, 2010, 02:09:02
Would anyone here be willing to help out with graphics for the necro man graveyard level ? i still dont have a start on anything at all for a month now seriously. :( i was waiting on 1 single person from acmlm that said they'd help out...but in the end just bailed and doesn't want to.. ... once again like usual.

I really need help getting these darn levels actually started on. I dont got graphic making skills at all of my own.. :( coding is the only thing i can do.

Posted on: April 07, 2010, 13:36:42
I feel like im about to give up ever trying on this forum website, nobody seems to be interested at all. I thought this place would have been a really good choice because of how many artists and stuff there are on this forum ...but i guess people only are interested in fan games, and not hacks more often than not i take it.

i dont think i should even bother trying at this site anymore since it's not ever working out, im getting less and less motivated every time i find someone saying they'd be willing to help with something but never get back to me almost ever, or wont at all. :( This game just hardly aint getting anywhere at all with only 2 levels done in 4 whole years.

im sorry if i acted really stupid or "begging" to anyone, i hope i dont come off that way to anyone, but im really getting tired of trying so hard, but getting no where in the end. So i might not bother looking at this website anymore :(

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: April 08, 2010, 09:07:32 PM
For more commentary on the space station and DuplexMan... you could have made the space section shorter and easier. I know I never got through that part.

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: April 08, 2010, 09:11:55 PM
Kuja Killer...
Why don´t you speak with Vixy about that matter? All what you need is more advertising for your hack and she could help you with this.

Also before you go and end your hack why don´t you make first skeletts of all the level you want?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6qo2XJJdZY

N64 Mario did that in that video, so you can go forward and do the levels even before you get the actual grafics.

To note Capcom has made use of such skeletted levels like the Debug Room in Rockman ZX.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqcFijVcEVo

At least Spriter´s resource should have atleast one spriter there which would help in your cause.
http://www.spriters-resource.com/
Advertise well und you might get more.

I´m still waiting for some PM´s on Sprite.INC, but I can give you the replies which I got so far.

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #48 on: April 08, 2010, 09:15:31 PM
There aren´t many spriters around this forum it seems, and the few that are around here are already involved in other projects. What Thanatos suggests seems to be a good idea.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: April 08, 2010, 09:16:47 PM
nobody seems to be interested at all.

That's bull!

...but i guess people only are interested in fan games, and not hacks more often than not i take it.

That's bull too!

Don't stop working on this! Ever!