Megaman Odyssey Project Edit: 2010 Demo

kuja killer · 77590

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: May 13, 2010, 05:27:01 PM
Kuja killer, nothing against you, but it is not enough. If you are the foreman of a construction firm, what would you do? To say we need a graveyard is all nice and fancy, but we as the sprites, the building labour we need instructions of what we have to do exactly.
You shouldn´t expect from everyone of us, that we already know we have to do. This is why, you are the leading man. You have to lead and to direct us what we have to do.
I hope you understand this.

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: May 14, 2010, 12:44:28 AM
but i already explained as much as i could about this graveyard level i dont know what more to say to explain!
i've been trying to explain constantly repeatedly for these past 3 months and getting nowhere with anyone :(

or is it because i always type way too much and nobody cares to read ? ..or i dont make any sense on most everything ?? i dont know

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: May 14, 2010, 04:32:49 AM
I think the problem is that your message wasn´t manageable in the way that we couldn´t see what exactly you want.

A check list with detailed catchwords would be more helpful.

Here a few examples for the list:

Nes colours

Note only 3 different colours in a 8x8 a in pixel field

-tombstone sprite 24x24 in pixel, colours 0D, 1D and 10.

-tombstone background object 48x48 in pixel, colours 1D, 2D, 10, 32, 33 and 20

-rubble of ruins 32x32 in pixel (From left to right: 1 for the beginning, 1 for to continue the path, 1 to end the path and 1 with a beginning and a end), colours 1D, 2D, 10, 32, 33 and 20

-rubble of ruins overgrown with plants 16x32 (From left to right: 1 for the beginning, 1 for to continue the path, 1 to end the path and 1 with a beginning and a end), colours 1D, 2D, 10, 0A, 1A and 3A

Such a list might be helpful.
If you have something better than this, then show it us.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: May 14, 2010, 04:47:34 AM
I completely disagree with you, Thanatos-Zero.

He gave you everything you needed. The artist should be able to work with that much info easily. And for god's sake, why would he have to tell you what palette entries to use? That is totally the artist's responsibility. The sprite sizes should be obvious, as long as you think about it actually being an NES game. Even if he rejects the size, big deal, do them again.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: May 14, 2010, 05:37:56 AM
I should have known better that this idea is more complicating than helping, but it bothers me that no one else besides of me and a few other people have participated into this project. It just keeps me wondering, so I have thought there must be something what keeps the people away from this, besides of real life.

*sign*

What else could it be, that we haven't over 50 competent spriters here for this hack by now?
I'm just totally confused about this subject.  o-O

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: May 14, 2010, 09:05:15 AM
It's nothing new, or a mystery.

Most people getting into a project don't realize the true scope of game development, and get frustrated, overwhelmed, or demotivated and end up leaving the project. People also do not realize you cant just accept and go with whatever crap they decide to make. A lot of pixel work comes with refining and redoing. Usually this is more work then they're expecting. This is where most projects fall apart. Everyone involved is all gun ho about making the game until things get 'hard' or they realize the true scope of making a game.

Honestly, most people aren't capable of making a game. They just don't get what really is involved. In fact, over half the fan projects currently on this board are bound to be abandoned or left unfinished, though they will all say otherwise. Most of the time it starts as "wow this would be so cool!" and then someone makes a few crappy sprite edits, and someone else might make some music, and then someone tries to learn to program but realizes, wow this actually like takes hard work and stuff. So it eventually it gets abandoned.

You are actually lucky you have a talented programmer who has shown he is very capable of making a complete game. You just need some good solid pixel talent to back it up.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Riffman81

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
    • MegaHaxx.com
Reply #81 on: May 14, 2010, 09:28:28 AM
I totally agree... I've been working on my Proto Man game for almost 2 years. I started knowing nothing, and never realized what it takes to make a great game. Spending countless hours doing searches on the net collecting as much info on ROM hacking and programing as I could... then trying to shift through all that information and apply it. It's just hard work.

I've been following Kuja's project for almost two years now, and just from playing the demos he's released, I'm amazed! I really hope everyone involved with this hack can keep it together and bring it to life. As I've mentioned to Kuja before, I'd love to help in any way possible, but I'm very limited still as to what I can do or offer him.

Just so you know Kuja, I did download the editor you posted for your game. I'm using MegaFLE on my project as well, so if I can help you with anything... even the slightest, just let me know.

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: May 14, 2010, 09:35:55 AM
it's just all this graphics stuff is what's holding me back seriously into oblivion currently.

I can do all the coding/programming 100% myself alone for almost anything, the events, talking scripts, do the enemy AI action's, any non-gameplay screen related stuff (only when it comes to coding, besides just inserting the graphics in with Tile Layer Pro and YY-CHR)
but it's just the stupid graphics drawing/making department that i have zero skill of.

I know there's probably people out there that would say things like "it's the gameplay that matters...the graphics mean very little or nothing" and i do understand that. :(

But it's just i'd want nice looking details and enviorments and stuff ...so that subject matters very much to me. And i feel like it's really hard for me to really "do anything" without the graphics side, for stuff first if that's understandable in some way.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #83 on: May 14, 2010, 09:48:18 AM
I've been working on my Zelda game, Bloodlines, for about 4 years now; Relics of Nature's Fury is entering it's third year of production. It takes a long time to make a game; it's not as simple as it seems.

Then again, it could be because I hate mapping, and thus haven't really done anything for either game in a while. :P

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline MegaPhilX

• Net Navi
  • I make the angels scream, and the devil cry!
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: May 14, 2010, 02:44:24 PM
When I'm done with the MMU assets, I'll try to help you with some graphics, Kuja Killer. ^_^
I still have a few animations to finish, 3 songs to make and cutscene pictures to draw though  : P
It IS a lot of work to make the graphics for a whole game. And yes, graphics are important if you want to make a great game. The gameplay is still more important yes, but if the graphics are unclear and confusing, they screw up the gameplay...

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: May 17, 2010, 12:28:07 PM
unclear and confusing ...well is anything im saying making any sense even ?? about what i was hoping this graveyard type level would look like at least...i really try to explain as best as i can.

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: May 27, 2010, 04:29:39 PM
i wanted to say that i think i'll go ahead and just take whatever speedremix/nebula black makes then. Since i cant just keep sitting around doing nothing and getting no where. :( So i think i'll just take that image he showed you guys back on page 3 for the graveyard outside.

I dont know what it would look like graphic-wise for the little special ground piece i mentioned before i wanted for pushing those tombstones around the screen to. I guess it would have to be 24 pixel wide size to match the size of the tombstone, or maybe just a 32 pixel wide size would be better so that it would be easier to push the tombstones onto the spot without worrying about it needing to be pixel-perfect for it to work (about covering up the holes so ghost metools dont appear constantly)

i did code the ghost metool daemon made a few months ago. It's only 1 frame though, no animation. It just simply sways back and forth. Totally harmless. I wanted to make every weapon repel off it except for mega buster and pyro man (fire). only 1 HP

edit:
unless anyone would be willing at all to expand this what dr hell did 3 months ago before he quit and told me to look for someone else:
http://www.a3share.com/members/1119/Necromock6.png

I did not want a city for a background, but some sort of mansion. But about the ground though for the bottom half of the screen, i really did like it very much. But i wouldn't know myself alone how to work with it graphic-making wise. :( like for example having a slighter higher ground level just looks weird when i try to put the pieces together.

http://www.a3share.com/members/1119/weird.PNG - i wouldn't have any idea what to do about that. :\ since it'd need some more new tiles i guess. :|

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: May 27, 2010, 08:59:04 PM
For some odd reason, I couldn't find Dr.Hell's work, but now I have some useable content to work with ( My apologies I had once more heavy depressions, so I couldn't do anything for you Kujakiller.).

By the way, have you gotten anything from NDraxian0 yet by chance?
If not, you should annoy him a little, to give him a bit more motivation. [eyebrow]

Edit: ( The depression is still going on...  X( )

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: May 31, 2010, 10:20:11 AM
For some odd reason, I couldn't find Dr.Hell's work, but now I have some useable content to work with ( My apologies I had once more heavy depressions, so I couldn't do anything for you Kujakiller.).

By the way, have you gotten anything from NDraxian0 yet by chance?
If not, you should annoy him a little, to give him a bit more motivation. [eyebrow]

Edit: ( The depression is still going on...  X( )

oh man im sorry i've forgotten all about talking to him, my mistake really. :( i seriously will soon. But at this momment my computer is having serious problems where it constant keeps freezing up nonstop after 1 minute, or as long as 30 minutes, im taking it to the guy i got it from to check it out and hopefully get these problems fixed. but i am very worried. I want this game to continue very badly, but now at this momment i cant since this past wednesday. :(

i think the hard drive may be failing, i backed up all my important files, rom hack stuff, this megaman odyssey project everything about it, etc onto my USB hd for emergency

Posted on: May 29, 2010, 00:01:09
im still begging for help desperately ever so much from you guys please. :( why dont anyone ever ever ever want to join this game's project. :( I almost truly lost my game and my life forever this past week when the computer broke down where the motherboard actually went bad seriously. I had to take it to the guy i bought it from 7 months ago, and he could not fix it so i was forced to buy a new comp. And now i feel like i made a mistake yesterday picking this very noisy loud comp, i should of picked a quieter, but less weak type of computer. :(

But i have all my files and everything thank god, so even though im now on a new comp, im still once again sitting here doing nothing cause just cant ever do anything alone by myself except for coding. i want help so darn bad to get this game moving. To start on the necro man level design. :(
I'm sooooooo sorry that i beg you people like this. :( please forgive my actions and attutude

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: May 31, 2010, 01:44:04 PM
I know how you feel. I've had a project abandoned before because I couldn't generate enough interest for any good people to help out. I may revisit it someday. Since then I have assembled talented partners, many of whom would like to do the said abandoned project once the current one is finished.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: May 31, 2010, 02:03:08 PM
yea it's just like ...i really truly wanted to make an extremely great rom hack for people to play you know ?? i know plenty of people are 1-man-only jobs on their own rom hacks and dont even need other people to help them. But for me i just wanted to take rom hacking the next generation with everything i've done so far that's never even been done before in a megaman hack.

How i have these text scripts and cutscenes, all new custom coded enemies and bosses, excellent graphics because of how the options for level design on this game go far beyond what could be done on the original 6 NES games, with more graphic space and coding space and so on.

I do realize i made this project so serious that it's impossible for me to EVER do it alone by myself, i cant as i dont got graphic drawing skills, not always that great on thinking of ideas, not a music composer...but can do whatever i want for coding.

And just i almost feel like im ready to break down into tears that this project just may truly never see the light of day with lack of support. :(
well i mean i know there is support with tons of people here hoping i'll have this game done someday, just about people who'd be dedicated to help out in the long-run like megaman-omega

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: May 31, 2010, 02:29:18 PM
Kuja killer, you have to be patient. You already got the promises of people who will help you out, once they are done with their own projects. As for me, I will help you when I'm feeling better.
Without creativity, inspiration and motivation I can't serve you in the way I want.
Just two questions:
1. Did you get response of NDraxian0?
2. Are you using my tiles? [spoiler][/spoiler]

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: May 31, 2010, 02:44:04 PM
I know, im sorry for being impatient. I dont mean to on purpose seriously. It's just onyl driving me out of my mind. Now going on almost 4 months without starting on making the level yet. :(

I did just now finally send that guy a PM like 30 minutes ago actually asking about the level graphics like everyone else i've been trying to ask repeatedly about. For the graveyard level. the 2 themes.
1 being outside in the actual graveyard, and the other being an underground crypt for the rest of the way.

Well i mean im still hoping nebula black will help out with the outside part fully still, or if he could be able to tweak that image i showed a few posts back of the un-finished one from Dr Hell. (necromock6.png)

I didn't take your tiles yet, but but i mean...i wasn't feeling 100% great with it...but i do very much love the top of the pillars with that big thing of a skull with wings, and would love to put that in once the full tilset were made im hoping.

i know you have great support for me thantos and im very extremely grateful

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #93 on: May 31, 2010, 03:09:33 PM
Hey, I'm working on like 10 games and I haven't worked on any of them for several months now, because I can't think of anything to do for them. Be glad you're only working on one.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: May 31, 2010, 03:23:52 PM
I know, im sorry for being impatient. I dont mean to on purpose seriously. It's just onyl driving me out of my mind. Now going on almost 4 months without starting on making the level yet. :(

I did just now finally send that guy a PM like 30 minutes ago actually asking about the level graphics like everyone else i've been trying to ask repeatedly about. For the graveyard level. the 2 themes.
1 being outside in the actual graveyard, and the other being an underground crypt for the rest of the way.

Well i mean im still hoping nebula black will help out with the outside part fully still, or if he could be able to tweak that image i showed a few posts back of the un-finished one from Dr Hell. (necromock6.png)

I didn't take your tiles yet, but but i mean...i wasn't feeling 100% great with it...but i do very much love the top of the pillars with that big thing of a skull with wings, and would love to put that in once the full tilset were made im hoping.

i know you have great support for me thanatos and im very extremely grateful

No, I have to thank you that I can work on such a great project. :)
Also have you shown NDraxian0 Dr.Hell's work for the outside? It is always good to have something like that for more orientation.

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: June 03, 2010, 02:55:11 PM
Oh man no i didn't have that in my mind about showing the image, crap again.

And i really hope im not seriously too late now already when i pm'ed him yesterday thantos, cause his profile says he's not been on since may 27. :( I really hope im not already to late.

i just seriously plain flat out dont know what to do while i wait for any of you guys.

edit: woooa talyn, seriously ? 10 games ? but why would you want to do sooo many.

Posted on: June 01, 2010, 12:26:23
okay thantos i pm'ed him again showing him those 2 images i showed you guys a couple posts up about the un-finished tileset dr hell was going to do before he quit. And about how can it be expanded for like having slightly higher ground level sometimes graphic-wise, and the special holes on ground for the pushable tombstones.

He still hasn't been on at all, im worried honestly.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #96 on: June 03, 2010, 09:06:15 PM
kuja killer: It works out because I end up thinking HEY THIS SOUNDS COOL! *new project* Then a few days later... OOH I SHOULD DO THIS *new project*... Lessee...

Relics of Nature's Fury
The Legend of Zelda: Bloodlines
Startropics remake
Super Mario Adventure
Goomba's Revenge
Mega Man Battle Royale
Dr. Wily (Dr. Mario hack)
Super Mario Adventure (SMB3 hack)
EXE Quest (FF1 hack)
Mirby's Quest (FF1 hack)

I think that's all of them...

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
  • An Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: June 05, 2010, 06:23:10 PM
I gotta tell you kuja, this is what I can do at max at the moment. I dont think I ever want to work on Necroman again X.X

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: June 05, 2010, 06:59:05 PM
your not interested anymore ? did i bug you too much ? im so sorry if i did to the point that you have no intrest anymore. :(

Offline Sapphire✧9

• ネビュラ★ブラック
  • Neo Arcadian
  • An Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: June 05, 2010, 07:12:40 PM
I am interested in the hack itself but not Necroman stage. I want to do other stages and not stick on just one stage.