Megaman Odyssey Project Edit: 2010 Demo

kuja killer · 77412

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #100 on: June 05, 2010, 10:22:12 PM
Hmm i see, well when i look at this, it really seriously doesn't look like a mansion to me, or a house of any kind, just looks like a bunch of bricks stacked ontop of each other, like there's really very little detail or something i dont know. :(

Really would hate to ever sound negative or like about not wanting to take it, but i just never knew in my mind how this would supposed to look or how it should, sorry. It could be more detailed than that though, it doesn't feel like like a mansion at all.

And i still honestly kinda perfered the ground tiles from dr hell's un-finihsed mockup from a few months ago more since it's way more detailed and such compared to this rocky ground you tried. Just if it were able to be expanded on more, i certainly wouldn't know how to edit the tiles myself :(

And i see though, about how you dont want to deal with this level anymore, well okay then i cant stop you. It's too hard for me personally to ever move onto a different level or something else when only focusing on 1 at a time. Cause i dont know how something else should be planned out and such without "first" finsihingg 1 thing at a time. :|

Offline Gatuca

• A-Class Hunter
  • Sprite Doctor
    • View Profile
Reply #101 on: June 05, 2010, 10:32:11 PM
Kuja can i say Something, i really don't wanna create a fed up or something, and i respect you a lot, but i need to say this.

You need to Stop Being Pessimistic, all right -_-.

complaining about how you think you'll never complete this hack or how much it take'd to you to do little, is not gonna help you, i did very little with my project cause all my stuff in real life, and i dont complain about how i will never complete my project.

besides you need to be more grateful for the people who has give you a hand :(

Here's My Facebook Account, Join the Megagirl R project http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002211482262

if you want to know my skype account, send me a PM

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: June 06, 2010, 01:58:12 AM
Everything needs time. The one thing more, the other less. Be more optimistic instead, that it will be done.  :)
For music, have you asked one of the famitracker musicians on Youtube?

http://www.youtube.com/user/BaiiIs8bit
http://www.youtube.com/user/8BitDanooct1
http://www.youtube.com/user/commandycan
http://www.youtube.com/user/Kevvviiinnn

These musicans are all skilled and can compose own stuff. ^^
They also take requests.  :D

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: June 23, 2010, 05:22:16 AM
Well no one yet except for basilik. I cant ever find any kind of song i want for the boltman valley still, or either of the 2 necro man levels. :( I have a very hard time always trying to find songs that i like alot and would be interested in cause im not natrually a music listening type of person so that subject is pretty highly difficult for me too.

Basilik did the song for the duplexman space station at least, but that's been the only thing so far.

Posted on: June 06, 2010, 02:47:03
i just have a feeling i want to let out to the public reguarding the duplex man release earlier this year. I look at the acmlm board uploader frequently where it's uploaded at cause of how it has a download counter next to the files anybody can see. and well right now it says it's been downloaded 799 times since the release.

I just cant believe it's got pretty much up to 800 in under half a year like this. Im very proud and it's just well i dont know but....heart-warming and such a nice feeling. And i of course obviously want to thank you guys for anyone who played through it yourself.

I never would have imagined i'd get so many downloads even though only 2 levels are officially completed in 4 years *frown*

but still wow though. also it's not just me who deserves the credits, but megaman-omega very much too since he's the co-producer and helped with nearly all graphics for bolt and duplex. So thank him with a private message if anyone  gets a chance to sometime.

http://acmlm.kafuka.org/board/profile.php?id=302

Posted on: June 19, 2010, 05:45:28
as i haven't ever done anything on this game for months seriously as the necro levels still have not been started on whatsoever yet.... :(

i decided finally after months to try doing something, just a little side project i've always wanted to do but never thought i ever could, until me and megaman-omega had a long dicussion about this, and he came up with a plan so that it'd really work, i try it out and it really came true after all. I really wouldn't mind showing you guys, i dont feel like it's any sort of big spoiler or anything, i wanted to try it even before the duplex demo release earlier this year.

But what do you guys think of it ??

mugshots for the text scripts. :) (the megaman and duplex faces drawn by megaman-omega. :) coding-programming by me. it's made out of sprites only, so megaman's colors will reflect what weapon your switched to, no control over it.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #104 on: June 23, 2010, 05:43:17 AM
That is awesome. And nothing wrong with the colors; if he was always blue, I'd be disappointed. At least now his mugshot will always match his coloration! ^_^

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: June 23, 2010, 05:43:29 AM
That's pretty slick having Megs the same color as his equipped weapon. I've actually always wanted to see that idea in say games like 8. Looks good. I assume he used the RnF promo art for the portrait base?

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: June 23, 2010, 06:00:52 AM
wow thanks tayln and objection. :) your comments mean alot as always.

and i have no clue about your question if he based it off that.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: June 23, 2010, 06:12:48 AM

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: June 23, 2010, 06:45:27 AM
ah yea i see okay. I did ask him and he said he did actually base it off that about the image you showed, it does look extremely very much similiar. Well pretty cool anyway reguardless. :)

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: June 23, 2010, 06:50:20 AM
Yeah, the way he did is just about perfect for the line that Megaman is saying.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: June 23, 2010, 07:26:09 AM
okay well he now says he'll want to redo it over again into something more like ...uhh something people wont easily be able to recognize from another game, and well i feel okay with that if he does, i'll take it. :)

and apparently that this was just an experiment before i ever attempted to try coding this in. way back when i thought i never could manage it.

Offline Splash

• B-Class Hunter
  • Something here?
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: June 23, 2010, 07:51:00 PM
This is very good idea!  owob
I like it. And hack is purely awesome! Will you upload soundtrack, when hack will be finished?

http://quickmaster-exe.deviantart.com/
I like to draw... NOT!
Seriously.

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: June 23, 2010, 10:39:44 PM
i truly wish i could say "sometime in the near future" to you splash about when this game would ever stand a chance at being completed but i just never will be able to know. :(
only 2 levels have been completed after 4 years sadly enough.

and i've been trying and trying so desperately for nearly 5 months now for getting people to help me out with getting started on necro man.....but still nothing....

soundtrack ? well sure i'd love to

Offline Yoku Man

• Robot Master of Yoku Blocks.
  • Resistance Member
  • "Don't Trust Your Eyes, Trust Mine."
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: July 18, 2010, 05:47:45 PM
Speaking of soundtrack, Kevvviiinnn has released Necro Man's Graveyard/Crypt portion of the level theme. I believe theres still to be an abandonded ghost-town-ish city theme as well.

Enjoy.

[youtube]LbgsaEHwCz0[/youtube]

Special thanks to MexicanSunFlower to agreeing to retrack it in Famitracker and turn it into a usable .nsf file for Kuja. I hope this has shone some light on Kuja's project, I've refused to let it die and have gotten both Kevin and MegaPhil to help in whatever way they can, with the limited time they have.

I know this can be a great Mega Man Hack.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #114 on: July 18, 2010, 05:52:15 PM
That´s indeed a nice track. It has a subtle Castlevania vibe to it.

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: July 18, 2010, 07:54:18 PM
yea well i'll need the actual .FTM file that mexicansunflower makes, the NSF wont be any help at all, only the FTM file from fami tracker.

and yea, megama-omega supposedly said that like the graveyard-crypt level is meant to be like action-oriented ..while the abandonded city would supposedly be more "tense/thrilling" or something like that.

I would imagine the song for the city would be very slow-paced. but i dont wanna ask for a 2nd song for now yet, cause this first one by kevin would need to be put in first and it would take awhile to get it to be converted to the mm3-6 format.

Offline Kevvviiinnn

• Sound Compose Extraordinaire
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
    • Kevvviiinnn's YouTube Page
Reply #116 on: July 31, 2010, 12:50:22 AM
I'm pretty darn eager to see an update to this game! It's looking great so far. I hope you've found enough inspiration to continue working on it, kuja. I'd gladly compose more tracks if you're ever in need of them...although, I feel kind of bad having Mex remake the songs for me in FT. It was nice of him to accept, but I don't like to load work on other people; I think Mex has better things to do with his time than tediously echoing 8-bit sounds to form what is essentially a reflection of the original. That's one downside to making NES music in FL Studio--its exports aren't compatible with with NES emulators and NSF players. Mex has also been hard at work retracking my songs in Mega Man Time Tangent. I ought to learn FamiTracker myself so I don't have to rely on others to transcribe my music. Just thought I'd let you know that I'm really grateful for all of it, Mex. You're a pretty awesome guy.

Anyway, keep up the brilliant work, kuja and co.! Sorry for my rambling. I wanted to give Mex the thanks he deserves.

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: July 31, 2010, 02:05:53 AM
yea i kinda feel bad too for mex..if he still will...and then it'll be more worse cause i'll have to try talking to someone named matrixz - the author of the megaman forever hack, if he can look at the fami tracker file in the fami tracker program...and then HIM recompose it in order to work with the megaman 3-6 NES music format cause i do not have music making skills of my own...or can ever manage to do that [parasitic bomb] myself. :(

so it's still going to be a long time before it ever stands a chance at being in the rom. :( i would do it myself but the mm3 music engine format is way too hard for me to understand...and i do not really understand all those different types of terms like pitch slide echo blah blah etc. :(

Offline RetroRespecter

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #118 on: July 31, 2010, 02:40:24 AM
 8)

MexicanSunflower

Reply #119 on: July 31, 2010, 04:37:45 AM
haha, don't worry about it guys, i like helping you out :)

if anything, you should be upset with me not having it done by now

i'll start it up now i guess

Offline Kevvviiinnn

• Sound Compose Extraordinaire
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
    • Kevvviiinnn's YouTube Page
Reply #120 on: July 31, 2010, 05:10:40 AM
haha, don't worry about it guys, i like helping you out :)

if anything, you should be upset with me not having it done by now

i'll start it up now i guess

Nah, we're not really in the right to be upset with you, Mex. After all, you're doing this in your free time.

And if you ever decide that you don't want to do it, I can always put my FamiTracker skills to the test. :^)

Offline kuja killer

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #121 on: August 23, 2010, 12:53:38 AM
Well since there's still no damn start on necro man after 7 months ....still waiting for megaphilX .... and nobody else ever wanting to help with graphics ...

im just now doing more possibly useless stuff that may be a big waste of time...and i guess i should just ask your guy's opinions before i go too far with this to the point where it's impossible for me to ever go back due to over-writing all the code related to stage select and the save screen specifically...

i was going to try coding a system like the GBA mm zero series where you can walk around in light's lab after the end of a level ..or exiting it in some way ex-cluding game overs.

so when loading a Save File, it will immediately "load" a level ..in this case light's lab so you can walk around and talk to roll, light, and probably auto in the future like for a shopping system to buy items with bolts maybe.  So you have to manually talk to light in order to bring up the save screen and stage select like this.

is this a big waste of time ? ..not worth it ? i already got it loading the save screen option, and saving game, or cancel will put you right back here.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #122 on: August 23, 2010, 01:43:48 AM
before i go too far with this to the point where it's impossible for me to ever go back due to over-writing all the code related to stage select and the save screen specifically...

You could try... backing up?

Sounds like a neat idea though, since you're already going outside the classic Megaman norm anyway.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

MexicanSunflower

Reply #123 on: August 23, 2010, 02:16:56 AM
EDIT: finished necro man, here's the .nsf

once again, sorry for the delay, I've been busy lately.

Offline N-Mario

• Video Game Veteran
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Video Game Veteran
    • View Profile
    • N-Mario's Gaming Universe
Reply #124 on: August 23, 2010, 04:59:14 AM
Heheh I love the little MM9-ish CPU capsule thing on the far right. Dr. Light's lab there looks really high tech. :)