That's awesome. Congrats DW!!

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1076 on: October 17, 2013, 07:11:03 AM
Stayed up all damn night and morning playing Pokemon, then finally crashed around 2 or 3 and slept for a few hours, then played Pokemon some more.  I'm sick and getting sicker, coughing, Mabel's pissed off at me because the only thing I think of lately is battling, and goddammit, I need sleep so very badly! 

But, I have four badges so far! 8D

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #1077 on: October 17, 2013, 07:46:53 PM
I stayed up 'til like 4 because I literally couldn't sleep for no reason. Ended up spending that time playing Bioshock Infinite and Dishonored. Got a glitch where I was getting detections inside the Boyle party. Had to restart. That sucks.

I'm running on two energy drinks as I type so I think I'll survive.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1078 on: October 18, 2013, 10:33:09 AM
Still sick.

I went to a neighborhood Halloween party to spread my sickness around.  Due to lack of materials (transportation to stores helps with acquiring materials) and lack of an idea of what I wanted to build, my costume for the party was last-minute.  I had bought an articulated werewolf mask and gloves, so I threw those on with what I was wearing.  So, I was a werewolf with an Iron Man hoodie.  Whatever.

The door-decorating contest was bogus.  The judge apparently didn't get the memo about the contest being for Halloween, so they only chose those porches with an autumn motif.  Thus, my porch with the severed head, spiders, blood-smeared door, and butcher-wrapped organs was right out.  I didn't even place. 

The costume contest was meh.  Most of the people there were kids, so it was comprised of kids and two adults.  Of course the kids are going to win.  It didn't matter how in-character I was.  I got second nonetheless.

Then the kid who got in first had to gloat about it.  Someone needs to be taught good sportsmanship.

Then some kid took the prize I won from that contest.

I'm tired of this day.  I'm going to go to sleep and get a new one.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #1079 on: October 18, 2013, 12:14:53 PM
I might have Gastroenteritis. Whatever my sister put in that smoothie, I had last night, must be the cause of it.

Fear me.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #1080 on: October 18, 2013, 06:52:24 PM
I'm improving from yesterday.

Busy day at work though, so I'll have to wait and see if this improvement lasts.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1081 on: October 19, 2013, 05:05:19 AM
Blaaaahhh...  Slept some more in an attempt to rest and feel better.  Then, I got up, ate some kimchi ramen to chase away this cold, and it worked for an hour or so.  Then, it wore off.  I've been slumped on the couch, watching videos, and generally feeling listless.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #1082 on: October 22, 2013, 09:59:12 AM
I had no Biology lab today so instead I decided to accompany my mom to CSN (The other local college. This one's a community college whereas my own is a full-fledged university.) She has a three hour art class so I hung out at the local library where I found that my holds timed out and I couldn't pick them up any more. Thankfully a few of the manga volumes I ordered were still there and I was also [tornado fang] YEAH ABLE TO FIND RED SEAS UNDER RED SKIES OMG YES GENTLEMEN BASTARDS BEST SERIES).

So yeah. Got home a few hours later and I've been reading Scott Lynch's genius since. Also got my mom a clock off of thisiswhyimbroke.com but it was one of their crappier products anyways. :/

LOCKE LAMORA U SO CLASSY THIEFMAN BRO

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1083 on: October 27, 2013, 06:02:02 AM
Today, I mainly hung around the house, as the neighbor was burning brush and the smoke was drifting into the back yard, so hiking was out of the question.  The smoke was really thick, and my niece and I have asthma, and my sis-in-law is allergic to smoke. 

My half-brother dug out the ski equipment to see what needs replaced, who needs new boots, who needs new bindings, and what can be gotten rid of, as he's going to a ski swap tomorrow.  Well, my s-i-l had boots that were too big for her, but they fit me just fine.  There was a pair of snow blades that my nephew learned on and no one uses.  Kid sized, yes, but the boots fit.  If the boots fit, you can use them.

Thus, I am now a proud owner of old ski boots and snow blades.  I hope we get lots of snow this winter, as I plan to go cross-country with them.

Archer

Reply #1084 on: April 07, 2014, 06:23:38 AM
I had relatively okay day today! I went to work and didn't have to work longer for once. I didn't really do anything but it wasn't a bad day.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #1085 on: April 07, 2014, 06:27:25 AM
I had relatively okay day today! I went to work and didn't have to work longer for once. I didn't really do anything but it wasn't a bad day.
That's great, Ruri-sama. I am happy for you.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #1086 on: April 07, 2014, 06:29:51 AM
I went to Sky Zone which is basically this giant trampoline place and it was fun and I may be on the verge of throwing up due to the heavy excercise and all the junk food I ate there but today I bought another album so morally I feel alright and I really should stop drinking coffee and writing run-on sentences when I have school in the morning kthxbye

Archer

Reply #1087 on: April 07, 2014, 06:36:48 AM

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1088 on: April 14, 2014, 05:30:34 AM
So, story time!

Ringman and I were practicing with a set of nunchaku that he had got a while ago.  We were out walking around and passing them back and forth as we'd take a few minutes to walk and chuck.  After I had finished doing a few over-the-shoulder passes and practicing a flourish, Ringman took them and did a flourish... and the chucks broke.

The chain disconnected at the pivot joint and the handle went flying across the road!

We were determined to fix our broken nunchaku, and noticed that the joint was held together with ball bearings.  So, we decided to go into town to the nearest store that might possibly have ball bearings of that guage; Auto Zone.

We talk to the triple black belt at Auto Zone and he said we were better off buying new nunchaku, as he's had the same thing happen to him dozens of times.

Off we go to the nearest dojo, Dubb's Karate.  We just so happened to stop by when they were having a sale on supplies, so we look through their selection.  Ringman got a set of oak chucks and I got a set of bamboo.  They feel great and have a smooth swing.

Here's a pic of the broken nunchaku:

The sensei at Dubb's said that he had never, ever seen that happen to a set of chucks.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1089 on: April 14, 2014, 05:34:33 AM
Wow that's an amazing way to break chucks.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Kit

• #1 wizard of disappearing
  • Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
Reply #1090 on: April 15, 2014, 04:19:35 AM
Today tried going to work...only to discover my back left tire has finally breathed its last breath
RIP in pieces tire
SO...things to do this week:
New tire
Fill out more job applications
Cry in my cookie dough ice cream

This week already:

they dont think it be like it is but it do

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1091 on: April 15, 2014, 04:26:38 AM

Offline Kit

• Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
Reply #1092 on: April 15, 2014, 04:37:01 AM

I'd knew there'd be a reason I'd like you
Also while crying in said ice cream I should watch a Mel Brooks or a Monty Python movie. That always cheers me up.

Archer

Reply #1093 on: April 15, 2014, 05:15:22 AM
Ah... Kit, you reminded me that I need applying for jobs myself but really there's nothing around at the moment.

Offline Kit

• Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
Reply #1094 on: April 15, 2014, 06:14:18 AM
finding a new job sucks

Archer

Reply #1095 on: April 15, 2014, 06:24:11 AM
It really does.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1096 on: April 15, 2014, 06:25:55 AM
I tried to get a job right on my campus, but because my father's income is "too high" (I'm still dependent under his name), I'm not allowed to get a campus job.

So I'm still looking.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1097 on: April 15, 2014, 07:45:46 AM
Despite the fact that they're not hiring, I'm still going to try to get work at a local yearbook publisher's art department.  The worst that will happen will be that they'll say "no."

I'm hoping for at least a mention that they'll keep me in mind after seeing my portfolio.

Otherwise, my job options locally for using my talents range from painting Civil War scenes to painting local landmarks with Eldritch Abominations in them.  Basically, self-employment if I want to do art stuff.

Otherwise, there's Wal-mart.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1098 on: April 15, 2014, 12:42:21 PM
Job hunting is seriously one of the worst things in the world. I need a new job and I've put it off for so long. I'm procrastinating due to my dislike of job hunting & interviews & all that [parasitic bomb].

As for Monty Python, this skit always puts me in a good mood.

Argument Clinic

Offline Kit

• Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
Reply #1099 on: April 15, 2014, 09:48:17 PM
Job hunting is seriously one of the worst things in the world. I need a new job and I've put it off for so long. I'm procrastinating due to my dislike of job hunting & interviews & all that [parasitic bomb].

As for Monty Python, this skit always puts me in a good mood.

Argument Clinic

Argument Clinic is always a good one~
Ha look at us being responsible adults and stuff
I always do terrible at sit down regular interviews but sudden interviews I can nail so hard

Tire Update:
hahahahaha I hate cars
hopefully today I can get a friend to take me to see what it will cost for a new tire