Shin Megami Tensei MMO

Pringer X · 1274

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
on: January 11, 2009, 10:47:22 AM
Well, the open beta has been out for awhile now (not too long), and I don't know how long plans are for it to be free, and who gets it free if they add a price to it. I've played it for awhile (got up to lv. 7 my first night), and it's really good. They add in cutscenes, a good plot (not the greatest, but better than most MMO's I've played), and they even keep what was so awesome about the Shin Megami games (aside from DDS); being able to store and fuse demons. The skill system is a bit awkward, and it seems as if making a spell-caster like character is frowned upon (magic uses up a LOT more MP than in most other games; hell, even in there own since Agi uses up 8mp where in the others it was just 4), and they make it so that there are usually 3-4 stats you want to keep updated (they've actually given luck a better use by having it actually affect different things).

My major complaint about the game that the reaction "beta" can't solve is what is agro and what isn't. There isn't a sign that says some demon is agro because what seems to be the sign isn't (next to the name, there's a symbol that's red or blue, but that's used to determine if you can talk the demon into your party, with red meaning no and blue meaning yes). The name doesn't change colors, there aren't any emoticon things to signal that it's berserk, nothing. Everything else, the game can say that it's in the beta version to justify, but this it can't since it's not a bug or a glitch, you can run through 6 patches of enemies, and there's no way to tell what demons are going to want to gang-[twin slasher] you (victim).

There's my rant, now discuss the game or series o3o