Golden Sun

Acid · 25689

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #175 on: December 30, 2010, 07:26:52 AM
I really wish there was multiplayer this time around. Going for every post-game thing feels trivial since once you complete it all, you're left with a rather sorry final boss.

A fully decked out Matthew with Karis doing support and two other characters is more than enough to embarrass the whole last battles.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #176 on: December 30, 2010, 08:38:09 AM
The color needs to be changed to the sibling color for Mia and Alex.  But it works either way.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #177 on: January 01, 2011, 01:20:49 AM
Does anyone know what exactly I'm supposed to do with the Grandmother's gift?  A walkthrough says that all I have to do is use spirit sense on the grandma's corpse but it won't let me give her the gift.

EDIT: Okay never mind I figured out what I needed to do.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Ephidiel

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #178 on: January 02, 2011, 03:53:14 AM
had fun fighting Dullahan the past hour but beat him without summon rushing on my first try
Team level 50~59

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #179 on: January 06, 2011, 10:33:54 PM
Just finished the game~ the final set of events (including the final battle and _ _ _ _ 'reveal') were pretty damn epic, and well, heartwarming.  The cliffhanger is also pretty sweet~ Dark Dawn is definitely a nice intro to the new world of Weyard.

I AWAIT FOR GS4/2!!!

I also got damn lucky before all that w/ the forging materials.  I got 3 Verdant Swords in a row, and 1 Excalibur right on the first try forging the Oricalcum (sp?), add in w/ the Sol Blade, I got a fine set of warriors~  Shame I couldn't find a decent weapon for Rief, but everyone's defense stats is well balanced.  Such a damn shame I missed out on Gears Djinn.  Well, least the second playthrough should be interesting~ i'm glad the play around w/ stats is more or less as open as GS1 and 2~

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #180 on: January 06, 2011, 11:16:51 PM
Funny thing, I pretty much completely ignored Rief ever since I got Amiti and he pretty much saved my ass with his healing  in the final battle while every other useful support person left was either dead or djinn-less >.>

...I must admit, the attempt at activating the Apollo Lense made me a MatthewXSveta supporter >.>

Also, I found Meggido to be visually underwhelming compared to its awesome GBA counterpart. The Verdant Sword's unleash is [tornado fang]ing awesome though.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #181 on: April 18, 2011, 09:57:39 PM
So I played through this again and just wanted to comment on the story again.

And to help prevent spoilers, even though everyone should know this by now, I'm spoilering it.

[spoiler=Story Stuff]
So playing through again, I realized just how much that Alex had manipulated everyone. He knew that the Insight Glass would be given to someone from Ayuthay, and he knew that the Alchemy machines would be necessary for the activation of the Apollo Lens. So he reactivated the Alchemy Well (but not the Alchemy Forge since he is still a Mercury Adept) and fathered Amiti, and then vanished without a trace. Along the way, he allied himself with the Tuaparang and began to manipulate them in order for his ultimate goal. So the Eclipse Tower was activated, which was necessary to release Light Psynergy when the Apollo Lens were fired at it. My guess is that he was in Belinsk when the explosion of Light Psynergy occurred and then left promptly. He also was manipulating the Tuaparang because only with their Dark Psynergy would the Apollo Lens be activated (knowing full well that through manipulating Volechek into reactivating the Eclipse Tower and having to be saved by the Dark Psynergy would he be able to fire the Apollo Lens and not cause the death of any of the party members, allowing them to be alive when he needed them again).

In summation, I'm guessing that Alex is gonna be the final boss of the next, and probably last, Golden Sun game. Looking at all the hints in the GBA games for this one (Takeru, wider world, massive global restructuring, slower aging for the Warriors of Vale, etc), showing that Dark Dawn had been planned all along. Not only that, but the mystery of the Psynergy Vortexes and the massive one shown at the end of Dark Dawn (coupled with the final text of The End...?) show that there's at least one more Book to the Golden Sun saga.
[/spoiler]

That make as much sense to anyone else as it did to me?

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #182 on: April 19, 2011, 07:16:00 AM
definitely made sense, but I personally think that the series may go beyond a 4th game.

Offline Ephidiel

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #183 on: April 19, 2011, 11:57:11 AM
i just hope they wait with the 4th game for the Wiiii
but it'll probably be for the 3DS

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #184 on: June 14, 2012, 01:20:57 AM
Recently Nintendo-Gamer interviewed Hiroyuki Takahashi of Camelot Software Planning. Here's the relevant excerpt from the article.
NG: Camelot also made the amazing Golden Sun. Dark Dawn ended on a massive cliffhanger. Any plans to tell us what happens next? Don’t keep us hanging!

HT: I’m very pleased that you enjoyed Dark Dawn. RPGs take a very long time to make and need a lot of effort. As you will appreciate if you have played the game, the number of ideas that went into the story was rather substantial. When writing a story like that for a Golden Sun game, I really feel like I am pouring my soul into it and when I am finished, I always feel really drained. Everyone else working on the project also really devoted themselves to it, treating it like their life’s work. So it really is a huge encouragement to us to get a positive reaction from the people who play the game.

A big reason for us making RPGs comes from the requests from all the people who have enjoyed our RPGs in the past. Perhaps if there are enough Nintendo users asking for another game in the Golden Sun series, then this will naturally lead to the development of such a game.

Speaking personally from the perspective of the story, I think that honestly it may not be so likely because Golden Sun really requires a full effort to be put in. But of course, if there are enough people saying that we really must create another game, then we may just have to listen to them. Still, you would need to give me a bit of time to work on ideas for the story before we could release a fourth game in the series.

In response to this, a group of people took the reins and formed Operation Sunrise, a group dedicated to getting the fan input to Camelot for this game to happen.

If you played Dark Dawn, you'd know it was a rather poor excuse for a Golden Sun game; it was easy, you really got moved along places, there were 2 points of no return, etc etc etc. You'd also know that it ended on a cliffhanger with the words "The End?"

You can sign the petition that Operation Sunrise set up here.

It already has the backing of Operation Rainfall, which as you know successfully brought Xenoblade and The Last Story to North America (and I think they're getting Pandora's Tower here too, or close to it), so they've got a good ally in their corner.

I just figured that I'd bring it up here, to try to help. :3

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Karai

• with RICE
  • B-Class Hunter
  • (not) Missing in Action
    • View Profile
    • My stuff & HI SKORS
Reply #185 on: June 14, 2012, 02:34:49 AM
Around Dark Dawn's release they were saying that GS and TLA were a mere prologue to a looong, awesometastic series. DD added new plot, new kinds of Psynergy, very nice vision of how the Weyard works, and that dreadful cliffhanger.
Now it's "if >>there are enough people saying that we really must<< then maybe we'll consider another one"?

These days it's hard to believe anyone...

<- check out my triples