What's on YOUR MP3 Player?

Strider Xhaiden · 3244

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
on: April 10, 2016, 10:12:18 PM
Or iPod, or whatever it is you use to listen to music when you're out and about.

Who knows, maybe someone else's tastes in music will help you discover something new and interesting. Or maybe not.

Sure as hell ain't gonna be mine, at any rate.

Anyhoo, I just have a bog-standard (some would say outdated, but I'll never get an iPod) 4GB MP3 Player, and currently residing ON that MP3 Player:

(Most of this is labelled with "OST" just for clarification's sake. Some of this stuff's pretty old, and I didn't feel like typing "Soundtrack" a couple dozen times.)

[spoiler]- Advanced Battle Doll 2 OST
- Aeternum OST
- Aion - The Tower of Eternity OST
- Air Buster OST
- Air Rade OST
- Armed Police Batrider OST (One of the tracks is named "Let's Kick Ass Together!" That's awesome)
- Assault Suits Valken/Cybernator OST
- Baldr Sky OST
- Baldr Sky Zero OST
- Borderlands (This one's just stuff I cherry-picked off YouTube. Short-Change Hero, Come With Me Now, Ain't No Rest For The Wicked, How You Like Me Now, Black Dragon & My Silver Lining)
- Dr. Ivo Robotnik (Mostly just a collection of the various Robotnik YTPMVs floating around. Includes stuff like Robotnik's Tea Party and Robotnik's Spiral Mountain Lair)
- Fate Stay/Night - The Animation Soundtrack
- iFUTURELIST
- Persona 3 Reincarnation ~ Burn My Dread
- Persona 4 Reincarnation ~ Nevermore
- Rockman X7 OST
- Rockman X8 OST
- Rockman X Command Mission OST
- RWBY (Volume 1 & 2 Soundtracks)
- Saber's Image Album/Tooi Yume
- SFXT (Mostly just the stuff used in the Promotional material. My Town, Knock Me Out Again, From Heads Unworthy & Toro/Kuro's Theme)
- Super Mario Bros. - Akihabara Electric Circus
- Sonic & The Black Knight (The "Face to Faith" Vocal Album and the "Tales of Knighthood" Game OST)
- Sonic & The Secret Rings OST
- Sonic: After the Sequel OST
- Sonic: Before the Sequel OST
- Streets of Rage OST (The original Genesis one, though I do have the Remake Project soundtrack on my laptop)
- Transformers: The Movie Soundtrack
- WWE (Just a collection of current WWE themes that I like. Finn Balor, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, AJ Styles, The New Day, Baron Corbin, The Lucha Dragons, Enzo Amore & Big Cass, Sasha Banks, Bayley (this one could be the end credits for a Disney/Pixar Movie, I swear), Bray Wyatt & Neville)[/spoiler]

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 10:19:53 PM
I have about 2,300 songs on my Fiio X3 ranging from mainstream music, video game and anime OSTs and some obscure stuff.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 11:03:13 PM
You only listen to video game and anime music, Xhaiden?

I have a loads of alternative/indie rock, progressive metal, techno, Djent metal, classical, trip hop, indie pop, orchestra and jazz. A few video game tracks and Cowboy Bebop music.

Dubstep can burn in hell.

Offline Strider Xhaiden

• The Token Brit.
  • Master's Unit
  • Never "Great", just varying degrees of "OK".
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 11:15:30 PM
You only listen to video game and anime music, Xhaiden?

I have a loads of alternative/indie rock, progressive metal, techno, Djent metal, classical, trip/dream pop, indie pop, orchestra and jazz. A few video game tracks and Cowboy Bebop music.

Yup, pretty much. I've never really had much interest in real bands or singers, and those I do like (with the possible exception of Crush 40) are decidedly old-school.

My parents have wildly different tastes in music, so I got a liking of bands like the Stray Cats and the Brian Setzer Orchestra from my mum, and from my Dad I got a love of heavy metal and rock, stuff like KiSS, Queen, Black Sabbath, Rush, Motley Crue etc.

If I'm being entirely honest, I actually prefer instrumentals to actual songs, as I can just sit back, close my eyes and imagine a story instead of being told one. I've got a folder full of stuff by Celldweller and Blue Stahli, on the sole basis that I can picture my RP characters in some really awesome action sequences set to that stuff. (For example, I can picture my entire cast doing an "out-of-the-smoke" style anime opening to "Not Over 'Til We Say So". I also pictured a oneshot where one of DrWilyII's mooks - likely boforte - would accidentally let a berserk Alastor out of his containment pod, set to the BGM of Celldweller's "Good L_ck, You're F_cked")

My MP3 Player's actually not all that indicative of my overall tastes, I just don't have enough room on it to include everything I want. I mean, VG and Anime music is a big part of my love of music, but even then it encompasses pretty much every genre except rap. I really don't like rap. I've got orchestral, heavy metal, death metal, jazz, trance, techno, rock, swing, K-Pop, J-Pop, electronica and even chiptune in folders on my lappy. I keep meaning to upgrade my player to something with more space, but I always seem to find stuff I want more than I do a new player....

My Twitch channel. Random streams during the week.
Currently streaming: Transformers: Devastation

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 12:27:03 AM
The only thing my dad listens to is Jazz, but he mainly sticks to Kenny G. Yes, Kenny G is a fantastic artist, but listening to the same few songs over and over again for years is annoying.

My mom listens to a lot of oldies; Janis Joplin, Elvis, Lawrence Welks, etc.

My taste in music is a lot closer to my sister's, and she introduced me to some bands like System of a Down, Muse, and Coheed and Cambria. She also likes R&B music, but I'm not crazy about it.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 12:35:54 AM
I'm really fine with anything except Screamo Metal and a specific genere of Mexican Music.  I'm okay with Rap if it's good rap, not those posers that rap about sex and treat women like trophies.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 11, 2016, 12:40:15 AM
I can't stand country music.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 11, 2016, 12:43:03 AM
I actually like Country Music sometimes, it's not that bad every once in a while.  I'm also a firm believer that we need more banjos in our lives.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 11, 2016, 01:02:01 AM
Country music sung by females is fine. Country music sung by males is the same twangy garbage every time I turn on the radio in my sister's car.

Anyway, according to Winamp, I'm sitting at 16,607 audio files. A lot are probably repeated track excerpts from megamix albums.

My largest folder is my Eurobeat collectoin, sitting at 45GB and some 300ish albums, followed by my Touhou folder at 42GB and probably around the same album count.

I really haven't been keeping up on new Eurobeat releases for a few years now. Something to do this summer break I guess. I'm a lot more into Touhou arrangements now than ever. Most of it is vocals and some variance of electronic, i.e. Alstroemeria Records, ShibayanRecords, Studio Syrup Comfiture, etc.

I've got some slew of VGM from other games, mostly Falcom titles like Ys and Legend of Heroes, since they have all their OSTs available on Canadian iTunes, a rarity.

Some other weeb trash I have in decent quantity is an old Japanese group called Anzen-Chitai. Maybe a few specific OPs or EDs from some anime too.

Only mainstream western thing I really have is Queen and some musical film OSTs.

But, I'm sure most knew all this already. I'm willing to give most songs a shot but not often bothered to look further into things.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #9 on: April 11, 2016, 01:12:03 AM
My old player is half dead.  I rarely use it anymore.  Now I just pull up stuff on YouTube.  So, basically, I listen to whatever I'm in the mood to listen to, which honestly could be anything.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 11, 2016, 03:03:12 AM
*loads up phone playlist*

[spoiler]
Rockman 7 FC OST
Rockman World 4 OST
Rockman World 5 OST
Rockman 9 OST
Rockman 9 Arrange OST
Rockman 10 OST
Rockman 10 Arrange OST
Rockman HOLIC
Chiptuned Rockman
Rokko Chan OST
Remastered Tracks Rockman Zero Collection
Rockman ZX OST
Rockman ZX Tunes
Rockman ZX Advent OST
Rockman ZX Advent Tunes
Rockman ZX Gigamix
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn OST 4
Pokemon XY OST
Pokemon Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire OST
Rosenkreuzskilette OST
Rosenkreuzskilette Freudenstachl OST
Sorairo Days full ver. (TTGL opening)
Reason full ver. (SEED Destiny 1st ending)
Yuusha oh Tanjou! full ver. (GaoGaiGar opening)
Yuusha oh Tanjou! Grand Glorious Gathering full ver. (GaoGaiGar Grand Glorious Gathering opening)
[/spoiler]

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: April 11, 2016, 03:03:37 AM
P-Phi listens to djent?

I... Never loved you more...

Anyways yeah, I have primarily prog metal of varying types. I also have a little bit of hip-hop (really just one PinkOmega song and a few Hail Mary Mallon tracks). Bit of Lindsey Stirling. Trying to buff my playlist with some synthwave too.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: April 11, 2016, 05:37:47 AM
My iPod has about 53.90 GB worth of music on it. About 13,064 songs, ranging from just about every genre you can think of. No country music though! XD