Pokemon Generation VII: Sun/Moon/Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon *Leaks/Spoilers ahead!*

Dr. Wily II · 105166

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
We really need a Pokemon Aussie and get a proper Platypus mon.

And it should be even harder than Unova.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
A new official trailer has been released, revealing many new Pokemon, including Tapu Koko.
[yt]https://youtu.be/NTt65qAkR84[/yt]

[spoiler=From Serebii.net]

Tapu Koko, the Guardian Pokemon of Meremere Island, is Electric/Fairy and has a new Ability called Elekimaker, which automatically turns the field into Electric Terrain (the field effect from using the move Electric Terrain) when it enters battle. It also knows a new move named Nature Fury, used on a Slowbro in the video. This Pokemon was first mentioned in gameplay during the Nintendo E3 Treehouse Live event.

Charjabug is Bug/Electric, and the evolved form of Grubbin. It knows Spark.

Vikavolt is Bug/Electric, and the evolved form of Charjabug. It knows Zap Cannon. Looks like Grubbin is the regional Bug Pokemon with a cocoon stage.

Drampa is Normal/Dragon. It has a new Ability called Frenzy that increases Special Attack when activated, which based on the video, looks to be activated when its HP drops below 1/3. It knows Dragon Breath, used on a Flygon.

Bruxish is Water/Psychic. It has a new Ability called Dazzle that prevents moves with an increased Speed Priority from hitting, as shown in the video when Pikachu tried to use Quick Attack on it, but failed. It knows Psywave.

Cutiefly is Bug/Fairy. It knows Fairy Wind, as seen in the video, being used on a Pancham.

Togedemaru is Electric/Steel-type, and has the Ability Lightning Rod, and knows Discharge. Looks to be the regional Pika-clone.
[/spoiler]

Also, in the above video, they showed Zygarde 50% Forme using the Swarm Change Ability to turn into Complete Forme. Does this mean that its previous Aura Break Ability is exclusive to XYORAS now? Who knows?

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
I find it hilarious that Vikavolt's JP name is Kuwaganon.

Because it's one letter away from this:

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
I know right?

Really like the new Pokemon shown here, including the really weird ones.  I like the Dragon's design and ability but I hate that it continues the trend of randomly slapping on the Normal Sub Type just because that Gen 5 started.  Like seriously why, it makes sense for Giraffarig but not anything else.

Also Togedemaru is so cute!   It's so cute even though it's stats are going to suck!

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Interesting that Tapu Koko has the first Japanese name I've seen with more than five characters, if you include the middle-dot.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Interesting that Tapu Koko has the first Japanese name I've seen with more than five characters, if you include the middle-dot.

I think Tapu Koko is Polynesian.

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Guess someone on the localisation team is a Vic Viper fan. 8D

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Vic Viper was definitely the first thing I thought of.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
[yt]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eE2NJjuQc3A#[/yt]

English Trailer with more complete info.

Also we have the english names of the other 2 previous Pokemon.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
So with the localised names from the English trailer, and new information streaming in...

Tapu Koko, the Guardian Pokemon of Melemele Island, is Electric/Fairy and has a new Ability called Electric Surge, which automatically turns the field into Electric Terrain (the field effect from using the move Electric Terrain) when it enters battle. It also knows a new move named Nature's Madness, which halves the opponent's Pokemon HP.

Charjabug is Bug/Electric, and the evolved form of Grubbin. It has the new Ability called Battery, which boosts the Special Attack of its partners in Doubles/Triples. It knows Spark.

Vikavolt is Bug/Electric, and the evolved form of Charjabug. It has the Ability Levitate. It knows Zap Cannon. Grubbin is the regional Bug Pokemon with a cocoon stage.

Drampa is Normal/Dragon. It can have a new Ability called Berserk, or Sap Sipper. Berserk increases Special Attack when activated, when its HP drops below 50%. It knows Dragon Breath.

Bruxish is Water/Psychic. It can have a new Ability called Dazzling, or Strong Jaw. Dazzling prevents moves with an increased Speed Priority from hitting, as shown in the video when Pikachu tried to use Quick Attack on it, but failed. It knows Psywave.

Cutiefly is Bug/Fairy. It knows Fairy Wind. It can have the Abilities Honey Gather, or Shield Dust.

Togedemaru is Electric/Steel-type, and can have the Abilities Iron Barbs, or Lightning Rod. It knows Discharge and Spark, and is the regional Pika-clone.

Iwanko is called Rockruff.

Nekkoala is called Komala, and it's new Ability is now called Comatose.

Riding Pokemon is back!

Also, Zygarde's Ability is now called Power Construct, which activates when HP drops below 50%. Again, does this mean that its previous Aura Break Ability is exclusive to XYORAS now? Who knows?

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
According to the official Sun/Moon site, it lists both Power Construct and Aura Break as abilities for all forms but Perfect.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
I guess Power Construct is exclusive to SunMoon then, and if you trade to XYORAS, it changes to Aura Break.

... This means that a Power Construct Zygarde SHOULD be found in SunMoon. *looks at Lillie's bag*

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Cutiefly can apparently sense the Aura of all living things, especially plants......I wonder if that means it can learn Aura Sphere.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
I think Grassy Terrain is more likely.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Yeah it probably can learn Grassy Terrain as well however I think I should have clarified by posting the info on it admittedly.

Cutiefly can detect the auras of living things, including people, Pokémon, and plants. They search out flowers by the color and brightness of their auras and then gather their nectar and pollen. When living creatures are excited, it seems that their auras resemble those of flowers in full bloom. As a result, these Pokémon tend to gather near people or Pokémon feeling particularly happy or sad. Cutiefly mostly live in the fields and meadows on the outskirts of cities, but they sometimes appear in towns and even inside buildings, drawn in by the emotions of the living beings of the community.

I mean learning Aura Sphere isn't a guarantee but with Togekiss doing similar things it's a strong possibility.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
... Now I want to see a Cutiefly trying to gather pollen from a Flabebe. >_>

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
You mean the Flower that Flabebe holds, I mean in the anime we have seen a Flabebe without the flower.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
When I first saw Cutiefly I was worried it was a mosquito but someone else pointed out that it's more likely based on a hummingbird moth, which makes sense. Also it's described as the "Bee Fly Pokémon" which is decidedly NOT a mosquito.

I MIGHT STILL GET THAT BUG/DARK MOSQUITO I WANT

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
You mean the Flower that Flabebe holds, I mean in the anime we have seen a Flabebe without the flower.
No.
The Flabebe. *shot*

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
When I first saw Cutiefly I was worried it was a mosquito but someone else pointed out that it's more likely based on a hummingbird moth, which makes sense. Also it's described as the "Bee Fly Pokémon" which is decidedly NOT a mosquito.

I MIGHT STILL GET THAT BUG/DARK MOSQUITO I WANT
Yeah it's definitely not a Mosquito, but at least we finally have a freaking Fly Pokemon.

And for the love of god if we don't get a freaking Dolphin in freaking Pokemon Hawaii.......

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile

Vikavolt is Bug/Electric, and the evolved form of Charjabug. It has the Ability Levitate. It knows Zap Cannon. Grubbin is the regional Bug Pokemon with a cocoon stage.

I really love that they're not even trying to hide the Vic Viper connection with Vikavolt!  8D

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Gamefreak for the concept, the localisation team for the name! 8D

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
I think Tapu Koko is Polynesian.
I meant the actual written name (カプ · コケコ). No Pokemon so far has had a name written with more than 5 kana.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations