The DC/Marvel TV Thread

Protoman Blues · 19647

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: February 26, 2016, 06:09:01 PM
[spoiler]Marc Guggenheim posted a photo of Oliver and Felicity's wedding, so maybe she just needs some time to process it.

Oh, and Zoom is... Jay Garrick? Well, the producers have said it's actually Hunter Zolomon but that opens the question, how did Hunter get from Earth-1 to Earth-2, or is he from another parallel Earth?[/spoiler]

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: February 26, 2016, 07:49:29 PM
[spoiler]Honestly, that doesn't excuse her behavior in this episode, nor these recent seasons. All Felicity does is moan and cry in every damn episode like she's on her period 24/7 and making every little situation about her. She's the type of person to cry if Oliver didn't flush the toilet and forgot to tell her.

Olicity was a huge mistake. Flash is so much better than Arrow it's not even funny.

And I'm assuming Hunter Zoloman is from Earth-1. That's what the show wants you to think, anyway.[/spoiler]

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: February 27, 2016, 09:49:09 AM
[spoiler]Felicity has mostly been pretty solid this season, as has this season all together. I understand the point she was trying to make regarding why she was upset because it's a pretty huge [tornado fang]ing deal. This isn't like lying to him about getting him by a car, an injury, etc. He was literally keeping the fact that he had a son from her. Regardless of the impossible situation or not, that's [tornado fang]ing huge. Even Laurel didn't take it well because this was someone he slept with when the two of them were together. Then, because of everything that was going on, she had to keep her emotions in check. Finally, they all came out. It's hard to say "Well she should just be logical about this" because emotions will kick logic's ass any [tornado fang]ing day of the week. I understand what they were going for. It was just written badly.

Also, I really loved Vixen and I need her to either have her own show or they need to put her in a new Birds of Prey show.

[spoiler=Flash Spoilers]Hunter Zolomon IS suppose to be Zoom. But it's unclear exactly where they are going with this. Assuming the man in the mask is another Jay Garrick, there are a couple of possibilities. Another Earth or Zoom can create speed clones of himself like Impulse could in the comic. I'm interested anyway. I mean, they're definitely re-opening the breaches because Barry is headed for Earth-CBS to team up with Supergirl.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: February 27, 2016, 10:08:07 PM
[spoiler]There's nothing anyone can say to convince me that Felicity isn't a terrible character now. My brother and I can't stand her.

This is basically her face in every other episode

She once told her mother how, sometimes, people keep secrets from the ones they love to protect them. She understood. Then a couple episodes later, she dumps Oliver because he was forced to keep William a secret from her? [sonic slicer].

The fact of the matter is that William isn't her son. The mother of Oliver's child requested that he keep William a secret, and he had better damn well keep his mouth shut. This is their dilemma, not Felicity's.

All she does is think about what SHE wants. Felicity would rather Ollie betray the mother so she can feel more secure about marrying him. But if she's insecure about that, after Samantha already told her it's not his fault, then they don't belong together. Because these trust issues will inevitably happen over and over again.

After all the times Ollie saved her ass and told her he loved her, if she still doesn't feel right, this breakup was a long time coming. [/spoiler]

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: February 27, 2016, 10:16:38 PM
[spoiler]Then there's nothing more to say on the matter.[/spoiler]

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: February 27, 2016, 10:21:43 PM
[spoiler]I love Cisco and can only hope he doesn't become like this.

We don't need another fun, nerdy character turning into a hypocritical [dark hold].[/spoiler]

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: February 27, 2016, 10:24:49 PM
[spoiler]Lol, for all intents and purposes, that's what nerds do a lot[/spoiler]

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: February 27, 2016, 10:36:21 PM
[spoiler]He's definitely allowed to have little moments like that, but in no way should he change drastically like Felicity.[/spoiler]

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: February 27, 2016, 10:39:30 PM
Like I said, there's really nothing left to say regarding that. XD

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: February 29, 2016, 05:31:13 AM
So how about that Zoom bomb eh?
[spoiler]So Zoom is Hunter Zolomon right? the fact that he was able to find his doppelganger on Earth 1 when Cait wasnt able to sort of hinted at that. And we know that Earth 1 at least does or did- have a Garrick- we saw a Garrick wharf or something in season 1. that said, that leaves the question of who Earth 2 Flash and masked man are. people were assuming masked man is the real Jay Garrick and that Jay Garrick Flash was Zolomon as an imposter. he admits he got speed cancer because of Velocity 6, so its possible he IS an imposter, and thats why he doesnt have his speed, because he never did have it. The velocity serum is the only thing that gives him speed, and the rest is copying Jay.

that said, that brings up the question. Who is the Jay that Zoom presumably just killed, or captured, and if it really is Jay, then who is the masked man.

What if the masked man is Jay's father? he did use POW tap codes, and his father was involved in the War of the Americas. It's where Jay gets his helmet from.

I cant help but feel though like they are dropping the Earth 2/jay storyline. didnt Teddy Sears, aka Garrick, get cvast for something? I recall hearing something of the sort. Seems like they are using the closed off breaches as an excuse to not outright end the plot but keep it closed for the time being until the actor comes back or something.

I hope not. I mean, theyve lost at least 2 characters to this already. First Ronnie, then Patty.[/spoiler]

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: March 18, 2016, 07:02:03 AM
DAREDEVIL SEASON 2 IN UNDER AN HOU!!!!!!!!!  8D

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: March 18, 2016, 10:17:55 AM
After I finish the second season of The 100, I'm going to watch the [parasitic bomb] out of this.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: March 18, 2016, 10:34:53 AM
Just finished Episode 3. Holy [parasitic bomb]!!

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: March 19, 2016, 10:48:57 AM
Just finished Episode 3. Holy [parasitic bomb]!!

I LOVED his use of the chain!

I'm still deciding if I enjoyed that sequence more than season 1's hallway fight.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: March 19, 2016, 07:30:51 PM
It's so hard to choose. But both are incredible. The fights in Season 2 are amazing, especially factoring in the other characters!

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: March 22, 2016, 06:39:52 PM
[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdr8_IQqT-E[/yt]

I wonder if they're going to mention Supergirl's name in The Flash.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: March 22, 2016, 08:17:58 PM
I don't see why not. When they were travelling to Earth-2, you could see Supergirl on EarthCBS.

Also, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: March 23, 2016, 08:17:52 PM
Can we agree that Daredevil season 1 is overall better than 2?

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: March 24, 2016, 01:12:05 AM
I haven't quite decided yet. I will agree that the ending to S1 was better yeah. S2 suffers from Avengers 2 Setting Up For The Future syndrome!

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: March 24, 2016, 01:28:12 PM
So... Next week's The Flash...

[spoiler]I hate time travel! /BnG XD[/spoiler]

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: March 25, 2016, 02:18:22 AM
[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENjqWiJoROs[/yt]

CANNOT [tornado fang]ing WAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIITTT!!!

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: March 25, 2016, 05:58:22 AM
[spoiler=Dear Phi,]Okay, NOW I'm with you on Felicity. I mean, they still have a month or so to turn her character around, but my god last night's episode was painful to watch. And I don't blame Felicity, but just the awful awful writing they've done with her character. It just....made no sense. If you don't want them to be together, fine. But dear god, the sheer stupidity of this pointless drama plot was painful. From the "impossible ultimatum" about his son to the "you'll always have that part of the island with you" speech from her. YOU DRAGGED HIM BACK TO STAR CITY!!! HE WAS HAPPY! HE LITERALLY LEFT THAT PART OF HIMSELF BEHIND TO BE WITH YOU!

I just don't understand why this story needed to be told, or have drama. For the most part, I have very much enjoyed this season. Darhk is awesome, I liked happy Ollie so much better, his support cast was great, they brought in Mr. Terrific. Overall it's been solid. But this? Just....ugh.[/spoiler]

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: March 25, 2016, 08:38:06 PM
Ugh. Just... ugh. I mean, Olvier and Diggle buried the hatchet this season but this seems to just be drama for the sake of cheap drama.

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: March 25, 2016, 09:15:38 PM
And Diggle had a more legit reason to be upset at Ollie/not trust him.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: March 25, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
Exactly! I was literally cringing through Felicity's dialogue, the writing is SO bad.

Ollie doesn't need this [parasitic bomb]. He deserves better.

And the reason there's so much drama is because this is a CW series; a channel for emotional teens. Hence why it has shows like Vampire Diaries.

I'm just glad The Flash doesn't have bullshit like this. At least the love triangle between Iris, Eddie and Barry made sense, and was written fairly well.

EDIT: Lol, apparently the actress herself is upset that Felicity is crying all the time