Base > News and Announcements

Mega Man movie apparently under development

(1/5) > >>

Protoman Blues:
According to the Tracking-Board, there is apparently a Mega Man movie under development from 20th Century Fox and Chernin Entertainment. I'm kind of at a loss for words, even though one shouldn't be surprised at the kinds of movies being made today. It is unclear at the moment whether this is going to be a live-action movie or an animated movie, but given that most people don't spend a lot of money to see animated movies not made by Pixar or Dreamworks, odds are it will be live action. Feel free to place your bets though.

As for the production company behind this, I'll simply quote a part of that article.

--- Quote ---One positive sign of things to come is Chernin Entertainment. David Ready and Michael Finfer are overseeing for the company, while Peter Chernin produces. Together they have a pretty solid pedigree for sci-fi action movies, including the recent/upcoming Planet of the Apes films. Mike Ireland and Ryan Horrigan are overseeing for Fox.
--- End quote ---

The recent Planet of the Apes movies are indeed excellent, so that is some comfort in these questionable and curious times. Still though, they're making a movie about a video game, so anything goes at this point.

More on this story as it develops.

Sakura Leic:
I'm hoping it's not live action but it most likely is going to be.  Hopefully it'll be good but I'm setting my expectations pretty low.  Guess it might compete with the MN9 Live Action movie....

Fxeni:
Super likely that it's going to be live action. Hopefully the scriptwriting team can whip up something good.

Sakura Leic:
I wish they could get Ariga to work on the writting.

irgpie:
it could have the best writing and most faithful adaptation but it won't save the lead role from looking like a dork in that helmet

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version