Red Ash: The Indelible Legend - A Comcept Mega Man Legends style game

Soultrigger · 52241

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
With that outfit in a 3D game?  You were expecting the dark void treatment, or what?

Yes.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #176 on: July 30, 2015, 01:45:44 AM
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/red-ash-the-indelible-legend/posts/1308824

Woo they weren't kidding when they said this update would be controversial.  But it's certainly a miracle.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
-> Loads game
-> Kicks rubbish bin
-> Red can appeared
-> Kicks red can into bakery
-> Lappie shutdown on its own

... Let's try this again...

-> Loads game
-> Kicks rubbish bin
-> Red can doesn't appear
-> Plays around
-> Lappie fine

... AGAIN

-> Loads game
-> Kicks rubbish bin
-> Red can appeared
-> Tries to position for kicking
-> Lappie shutdown on its own

... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Are you using the Browser version or the downloaded version?

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Downloaded version.

I gave up on trying to kick the red can, and watched the YouTube video. I wasn't missing much with regards to kicking the red can.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Soultrigger

• Resistance Member
  • Weapon Get!
    • View Profile
"This project will only be funded if at least $800,000 is pledged by Mon, Aug 3 2015 11:30 AM PDT."

So, does that mean that if the goal isn't reached, that none of the pledges apply? Not really sure how this works.

Bad Box Art Snake Man Joins the Battle!

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
We'll have to see what Comcept is going to do for the next update regarding it since they can't change the goal amount, it's very risky business.  Also a Wii U port is going to be unlikely since Unreal Engine 4 doesn't support the Wii U.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
For how Kickstarters usually work (maybe always have worked) if the initial goal is not met NONE of the pledges are collected.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Pretty much, hopefully Comcept figures something out, like I said very risky business.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
For how Kickstarters usually work (maybe always have worked) if the initial goal is not met NONE of the pledges are collected.

Bolded is accurate.

I think Indiegogo (Kickstarter's less successful, less scrupulous cousin) has an option called "Flexible Funding" which means any pledges are collected after the campaign is done regardless if the goal is reached or not. Most people err on the side of caution with those though.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/red-ash-the-indelible-legend/posts/1310147

The new goals have been revealed but while they are awesome and I really do want to see them I am not getting my hopes up that they will be achieved.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
So the project was paid for by a crummy Chinese android developer, and the kick starter repurposed. Whoopy-doo. Just wait for the compromises to surface from them being an investor and wanting to have a say on the product.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
The thing is that they won't have a say in the project since they are just giving them money, like a Backer with a lot of money essentially.  Comcept still has full creative freedom and control for Red Ash, Fuze can't do anything to change anything.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Being based in China, I'd wager Fuze is hoping to capitalize on the fact that their game console ban was just lifted.  Getting in on a solid title that others are neglecting could work out well for them.

That is, of course, if Inafune can turn around the public perception.  Outside of Mega Man circles, views on Red Ash seem to range from nonexistent to shady.  But hey, China probably won't care.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Yeah that's pretty much what I was thinking the reason Fuze made the deal.  But yeah Inafune's reputation is going to go through the wringer for a while unfortunately.  Ugh the poor guy has the worst luck lately.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Being based in China, I'd wager Fuze is hoping to capitalize on the fact that their game console ban was just lifted.  Getting in on a solid title that others are neglecting could work out well for them.
Which is where my point is heading. Fuze develops an android based "console", so they're throwing capital at games they want. You can't not expect some give-take to happen regarding their own platform.

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Unless Unreal Engine 4 gives support to the Console I doubt it would happen.  Besides they are not publishing the game, just funding it so they can bring it to China.

Not to mention what Fuze mostly does is bring Triple A titles to the Chinese market as they mentioned in the update.

FUZE has established partnerships with major console game publishers to bring AAA titles to the Chinese market, and have made it their mission to bring the highest quality game experiences to gamers around the world.

Also as expected Natasha won the Mayoral vote.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Yay, Natasha!

They are "negotiating with Epic Games, exploring the possibility of using the Unreal Engine".  It's not a sure thing, and they didn't specify which version they're looking at.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
I hope it goes through because I want the beta access. To which I just upped my pledge to that tier. Fingers crossed, but expecting disappointment. Most people are backing out at this time...

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Honestly I was tempted to back out even before Fuze's funding was announced, out of protest to the attitudes of the fans.  But I figure making Inafune and/or the game suffer for that any more than they already are wouldn't be fair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO6-N7gLx9M&t=1265
GameTrailers discussion that somebody shared with me.  I can't help but think, is this what people outside of dedicated Mega Man circles think of Red Ash?  Assuming Red Ash even popped up on their radar?  Congrats to all the people who thought it was a good idea to continually badger the Legends fans over the Kickstarter and not, you know, say anything to the outside world.  Or does nobody want to admit that the Kickstarter was darn near impossible to recommend to anybody who wasn't already a fan of Inafune?

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Honestly I was tempted to back out even before Fuze's funding was announced, out of protest to the attitudes of the fans.

Can you elaborate? What was the attitude, by which fans, toward who?

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Well for one thing they keep calling 100K Strong a joke for not supporting the game, even though a few mods supported the game. 

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Congrats to all the people who thought it was a good idea to continually badger the Legends fans over the Kickstarter...
Those fans.  That attitude.  The whole "If Legends fans REALLY were profitable and were REALLY Legends fans, they'd pay for some vaguely Legends-esque game just to prove they're profitable and real fans" bullshit.

I own all three PS1 games, I opened a Japanese PSN account solely for buying the PSP ports, on my U.S. PSN I got the frikkin' Legends 2 avatar packet, and of course jumped on the PSN Misadventures the day it came out, I bought multiple Legends T-shirts that I wear every weekend, I bought figures of Volnutt, Tron, a Servbot bobblehead, and a fan-made Teisel, and I bought both the digital and physical releases of Another Sun 2012.  Nobody in their right mind gets to tell me that I'm not a "real" or even "paying" Legends fan based on whether or not I donate to a non-Legends game that just happens to be of a similar style.  And nobody should be treating any other member of the fanbase that way, either.

If you want money from Legends fans, sell a goddamn Legends product.  How hard is that to understand?

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
I kinda do feel that's sort of true though... This IS the Legends spiritual successor and we have not heard much of anything from the actual Legends fan base that I can see. I can understand if the 'outside world' doesn't understand or make any noise over it, but the core Legends fan base should know better. They are informed. It's not like you have to go far to reach them.

As much as I hate to say it, it really does kind of seem like Capcom's justifications for not making more Legends games is kind of true... I follow 100k on Facebook and until recently I haven't heard so much of a peep out of them about it. That seems ridiculous to me.

At face value you have all the ingredients for the core fanbase to jump at the chance for something like this. It has Inafune, its clearly a spiritual successor to Legends, and Capcom will NEVER touch Legends again. What exactly more do we need? It is clearly the only chance for anything Legends to exist ever again. So where exactly is the fanbase on this?

Even if the KS is confusing, even if it is just a preproduction right now, even if its a prequel game, even if Mighty has not come out yet... As rabid and dedicated as the Legends core fanbase is... I too am completely surprised they have not embraced this like a pack of rabid animals.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Not to mention the fact that a lot of the people who worked with Legends in the first place are working on this game too.  But alas, quite a few people from day 1 said they won't support the game because it's not Legends 3 and will not change their minds no matter what, so they should be left alone.