Protoman Blues · 49162

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #50 on: May 27, 2016, 02:22:29 AM
I have no hope whatsoever, and that design is atrocious. Never thought Id be praising Xover design

Xover actually looked like it could fit into the MM continuity. This, on the other hand, is just...something else entirely. I don't know what it is, but it ain't Mega Man.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: May 27, 2016, 02:29:52 AM
It's different. Which doesn't mean it's bad. We'll see.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: May 27, 2016, 03:19:46 AM
Honestly I like it, it reminds me of X and Megaman Exe.  And at least he doesn't have the Egg feet, though I could do with some more armor.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: May 27, 2016, 03:27:46 AM
Sweet, now I can be a hipster and say I preferred the OLD megaman.

Nothing's gonna top the classic artstyle circa MM8 for me personally.

This is.... yikes. No contrasting colors, shades of blue blue and darker blue, not even Classic Megaman was this flat looking.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: May 27, 2016, 03:54:36 AM
well we gotta be realistic
nothing can top ruby spears.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: May 27, 2016, 05:07:15 AM
I expected Protodude's readership to [parasitic bomb] themselves and screech about franchise death, and received it in abundance.

As for my reaction: I'm intrigued; the fact that this Megaman is named Aki suggests to me that this may not be purely Classic-based.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: May 27, 2016, 05:12:53 AM
Yeah it almost sounds like a Reboot.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: May 27, 2016, 05:27:03 AM

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: May 27, 2016, 05:36:39 AM
literally the exact same deviantart-tier cgi image and pose but with this little bastard photoshopped into Mega's head
[tornado fang]ing hell

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: May 27, 2016, 06:25:22 AM
oh look it gets better

http://www.rockman-corner.com/2016/05/ign-reveals-mega-mini-mega-mans-new.html

What and why?

I mean things like this, if done right, can be good but this seem... unnecessary for Mega Man unless it was Roll and/or Dr. Light calling him on coms to communicate with him on missions.

I'm still going to give this a chance, but this is not giving me a lot of confidence in this series.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: May 27, 2016, 06:26:43 AM
Yeah it almost sounds like a Reboot.

It probably is and it's 100% the right decision.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: May 27, 2016, 06:35:26 AM
you know what was also a reboot, and was actually good?

Battle Network.

call me cynical, but this is not giving me the same good vibes

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: May 27, 2016, 06:40:11 AM
You're cynical!

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: May 27, 2016, 12:13:22 PM
I'm being a cynic too, but mostly because the concept for the cartoon reeks of modern CN trends and a new continuity/reboot on Mega Man's 30th anniversary is way too coincidental. Out with the old, besides familiar characters and elements, in with the new and an attempt to start Mega Man a-new with a Sonic Boom style of comedy and light-hearted action.

And after Sonic Boom, which I really didn't mind much but didn't like much either, I can't see this as rising above anything more than average at best.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: May 27, 2016, 02:25:14 PM
I like how every one else online is judging the new series based on two concept art pieces and simple description of the overall theme.

We don't even have a trailer yet-so I'm not going to even try to claim I have informed opinion until we see one. Would also like to point out both Transformers Animated and Transformers Prime had terrible pre-trailer reveals and both series turned out to be enjoyable and well written even beast wars had the same issues pre-release with people tearing it apart on concept alone-what I'm saying is we as Megaman fans should be used to "reboots" at this point (despite the lose connections between the various X related series) so chill and lets wait for some actual in show footage in motion.  8D

Flame I'm mostly looking at you.  :P

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: May 27, 2016, 07:15:43 PM
That's what I mean by cautiously curious. This could either turn out great like Sonic Boom's animated series/Transformers Prime or it can be another PPG. It'll swing either way.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: May 27, 2016, 08:25:39 PM
Is Sonic Boom even that good?

A better example would be Spectacular Spider-Man. Awful character designs, but the show itself is amazing. Like, really damn good.

Still, I highly doubt this Mega Man series will be anywhere near the same league, because a huge reason why Spectacular was critically acclaimed is due to Greg Weisman's involvement.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: May 27, 2016, 08:54:58 PM
Yeah, Sonic Boom's animated series is actually very enjoyable.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: May 27, 2016, 09:41:42 PM
Yeah I've heard Sonic Boom has some pretty snappy writing.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: May 27, 2016, 09:46:19 PM
I saw the episode with Shadow, and I chuckled a couple of times. But I don't know, it doesn't seem like anything above average.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: May 27, 2016, 09:56:14 PM
Here's how I look at this whole thing.

It's not Rock and I'm glad it's not Rock. If it were Rock, then I'd be upset. But it's not. He's Aki, and they're making a whole new type of MegaMan series around him, which is the right thing to do. That way, this can essentially be judged on its own, good or bad. This isn't going to take away from the classic series, the X series, or any other beloved MegaMan series. It's a chance for them to get a new generation to spend money on MegaMan stuff, be it games, toys, etc. It's essentially what My Little Pony did, and it worked magnificently. Like Phi & Blue mentioned, plenty of other series have shown off terrible concept art, like Spectacular Spidey (siiiiiiiiigh [tornado fang] you Marvel), Transformers: Prime/Beast Wars, etc. Hell, I was not a fan of the new look/animation of the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles show and turns out it's actually really good.

Also, it's not like there's ever been a good MegaMan cartoon before. Love them as I do, both RS-MM and Battle Network were bad cartoons! XD

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: May 27, 2016, 10:02:24 PM
Axess was actually pretty good....then it went downhill from there.....

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: May 27, 2016, 10:07:10 PM
Here's how I look at this whole thing.

It's not Rock and I'm glad it's not Rock. If it were Rock, then I'd be upset. But it's not. He's Aki, and they're making a whole new type of MegaMan series around him, which is the right thing to do. That way, this can essentially be judged on its own, good or bad. This isn't going to take away from the classic series, the X series, or any other beloved MegaMan series. It's a chance for them to get a new generation to spend money on MegaMan stuff, be it games, toys, etc. It's essentially what My Little Pony did, and it worked magnificently. Like Phi & Blue mentioned, plenty of other series have shown off terrible concept art, like Spectacular Spidey (siiiiiiiiigh [tornado fang] you Marvel), Transformers: Prime/Beast Wars, etc. Hell, I was not a fan of the new look/animation of the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles show and turns out it's actually really good.

Also, it's not like there's ever been a good MegaMan cartoon before. Love them as I do, both RS-MM and Battle Network were bad cartoons! XD

So much this.

Megaman needs fresh fans-it needs to distance it's self from the past and reinvent it's self for a new generation. Even if this reboot only turns out to be average-thats not necessarily a bad thing, not everything has to be the next Avatar:The Last Airbender or Steven Universe; Sometimes just being good is enough-and either way having Megaman being in other mediums can only really help the franchise at this point, because if we are getting a rebooted series you can bet there will be a video game tie in.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: May 27, 2016, 10:17:07 PM
Axess was actually pretty good....then it went downhill from there.....

Ehhhhh, pretty good is a stretch! XD

So much this.

Megaman needs fresh fans-it needs to distance it's self from the past and reinvent it's self for a new generation. Even if this reboot only turns out to be average-thats not necessarily a bad thing, not everything has to be the next Avatar:The Last Airbender or Steven Universe; Sometimes just being good is enough-and either way having Megaman being in other mediums can only really help the franchise at this point, because if we are getting a rebooted series you can bet there will be a video game tie in.

The funny thing is, Steven Universe did NOT start out as a show I liked at all. It wasn't until they actually started getting into character development and their lore that it started getting interesting. But that took more time than I usually give shows, and I stuck with it because my friend insisted. Haha.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: May 27, 2016, 10:28:06 PM
The funny thing is, Steven Universe did NOT start out as a show I liked at all. It wasn't until they actually started getting into character development and their lore that it started getting interesting. But that took more time than I usually give shows, and I stuck with it because my friend insisted. Haha.

Kinda the same way here-although I never really clicked with SU. I know it's a well written show with great characters and I actually find them quite likeable-but for reasons I'm not to sure about I could never get into that frame of mind where I would religiously try to see the new episodes.

Not like Last Air Bender and Korra where I was constantly trying to find the new episodes and binge watch the series. Again not saying I dislike SU just could never really get into it, confusing I know.  8D