The Mana-Verse

Blue Valkyrie · 231286

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1125 on: February 13, 2015, 04:52:21 AM
((The dwarves in the hobbit movie made a reference to liking them so I though why not. XD ))

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1126 on: February 13, 2015, 04:54:04 AM
The Professor took a few timid bites, but didn't relax.  He kept a close watch on the other Dwarves.  He wore the robes of the Order, the insignia of the Order, and stank of their practices.  He was unwelcome and he knew it.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1127 on: February 13, 2015, 04:59:24 AM
"....Sir I think there's a deeper problem than just Riagan's actions towards him, if you know what I mean." Calien stated.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1128 on: February 13, 2015, 05:07:39 AM
"Don't worry they won't try to hit you again, seems like we're welcome now." She sits next to the professor and tries to stretch her arm that had improved quite a bit thanks to his healing mixes and some magical healing ontop.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1129 on: February 13, 2015, 05:15:55 AM
"Well unless you're blind, you can see by his height that Riagan is not an actual dwarf!" the King said before drinking some beer. "Plus he doesn't quite have our good looks!"

The other dwarves erupted with laughter.

"He is a human, like some of ye. He was crying and alone when my party and I found him near the entrance to the mine. We do not know what happened, but it looked like a struggle of sorts took place. There was blood splattered across the mountain side, along with some tattered rags that had The Order's insignia on it. We do not know if his parents were members of The Order or killed by them. Either way, I decided to take care of the lad and raise him as my son."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1130 on: February 13, 2015, 05:18:45 AM
"Oh no....poor Riagan." Sakura said looking down.

"I see.....how old was he at the time?" Calien asked "Does he remember anything?"

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1131 on: February 13, 2015, 05:20:16 AM
"He was just a baby when we found him." the King replied.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1132 on: February 13, 2015, 05:21:53 AM
"I see....." Calien stated.

".......Could that have happened to me as well?" Sakura muttered.

(And we all know what happened in Wilypocalypse.)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1133 on: February 13, 2015, 05:24:55 AM
Pema gazed at the absolutely staggering spread of food before her.

"For the first time ever... I don't even know where to start..." Her eyes darted back and forth between the incredibly varied selections.

"Eeny, meeny, miny, moe?" Salem exclaimed, half-jokingly.

Pema nodded, her stomach nodding even faster, "Yeah, that could work! Okay! Eeny, meeny, miny... ALL OF IT!"

Her hands launched at the stacks of meat and bread, like small, dainty missles. Some food she placed onto her plate, others were shoved into her mouth immediately.

One of the Dwarves near her noticed her vigor and began to eagerly stuff his face with food, almost as if he was competing with her.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1134 on: February 13, 2015, 05:28:02 AM
((Haha Eating contest? I'm all for that XD))

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1135 on: February 13, 2015, 05:30:08 AM
((I don't know what happened in Wilypocalypse.))

The Professor took a few more bites and actually partook in his drink, finding it to be a strong ale with fruity undertones, similar to the brews the Order had concocted in their basement distilleries. 

After a moment, he looked to Aya, his voice low. "I wear, I wear the insignia of the Order.  They, they, they might not strike m-me again, but, but, but that's, that's not, that's not a concern.  Here, here among the Dwarves, I am a pariah.  I am a representative of the Order, and I ask their forgiveness, but, but, but... I, I, I d-don't think, I don't think that they, that they understand."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1136 on: February 13, 2015, 05:32:07 AM
(Calien is dead and thus Sakura was raised by Lucarios. Her mom died in childbirth.)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1137 on: February 13, 2015, 05:34:28 AM
King Pyritecrusher saw the eating contest between Pema and the dwarf across the table from her and began to cheer them on!

"AYE. LET'S SEE WHAT YE GOT!!" The King shouted out. "EAT. EAT. EAT. EAT. EAT. EAT" he cheered as the other dwarves joined in!

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1138 on: February 13, 2015, 05:37:07 AM
"Oh boy, I think the King has a very short attention span." Calien thought as he noticed he ignored the Prof's plight before he looks at the eating contest and cracked wry grin.  "My money is on Pema."

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1139 on: February 13, 2015, 05:41:02 AM
"You don't need to apologize for anything, what ever the order may or may have no done isn't really on your hands is it? Besides I doubt whatever bad done by the order represents the majority right? The others got so worked up but I can't believe everyone there was doing wrong. You healed my arm and got us this far; I don't know about the others but I'm thankfully, I certainly don't hate the ones like you in the order."

She smiles placing a hand on his shoulder gently to raise his spirits.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1140 on: February 13, 2015, 05:53:54 AM
Sakura listened to Aya and thought about what she said.  She did have a point, there may have been some people in the Order just like the Prof, but she didn't believe that the majority of them were like the Prof.  If the Order was the one who started to spread the rumors of her father being a demon and everyone else being bad to a degree then a majority must have agreed to do it.

However there is a small hope she hadn't thought of until Aya brought it up, if the minority in the Order who were like the Prof didn't agree to what was done there may be hope the Order may someday reform.  Perhaps eventually the Order as a whole could be Good, but at the moment they were not Good yet.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1141 on: February 13, 2015, 06:04:00 AM
The Professor nodded slowly and fell quiet as he ate.  He couldn't hear very well in the crowded dining hall and had only caught parts of what Aya had said.  Rather than misinterpreting anything, he chose to just nod in acknowledgement.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1142 on: February 13, 2015, 06:17:19 AM
"Guess it may have been too loud for the Prof to hear due to his bad hearing." Sakura thought due to the lack of response. 

She looked over to her father who was enjoying watching the eating contest.  With a shrug Sakura decided to join in the cheering.

"COME ON PEMA PROVE THAT YOUR STOMACH IS LIKE THE ENDLESS EXPANSE OF THE NIGHT SKY, I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!" Sakura cheered.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1143 on: February 13, 2015, 06:47:09 AM
His attention diverted by Sakura's yell, the Professor looked to Pema and her personal eating contest.  It was the revelry surrounding the eating contest that compounded his lousy hearing, as he was completely unable to discern individual voices.  At this point, someone would have to speak directly into his ear for him to hear anything with any clarity.

Finally starting to relax, he ate some more and drank a long swallow of his ale.  He wanted to cheer Pema on, but didn't want to draw attention to himself.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #1144 on: February 13, 2015, 10:25:56 AM
Feeling satisfied that the Professor is now relaxed and settled in, she began finishing her short meal, before going through her mug of beer, while observing quietly at the feasting contest Pema and her dwarf competitor are having.

Toshi - "Hmm... looks like it could go either way." before taking another sip from her mug, "But seeing as how Pema's doing, I think she'll manage."

Grifter - "Naah... I bet the dwarven lad'll win." The pokéspirit appears, sort of placing his bets on the competition, "Pema may be young, but I know the old fella's got his game on."

(I needed someone to cheer on the dwarf. Can't let the cheering go one sided.)

Fear me.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1145 on: February 13, 2015, 10:32:36 AM
"I don't know Grifter for a while now I've been considering hunting 2 bears a day for food.  One bear for Pema and another bear for the rest of us." Calien laughed.  "But come to think about it what would I do with all that fur?  I guess I could make capes for everyone, but what would I do after that.....guess I can make bear dresses for the ladies.....but after that.....perhaps blankets?"

"Oh Daddy." Sakura smiled despite herself as her dad rambled on with the conflict of having so much left over bear fur.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1146 on: February 13, 2015, 07:44:41 PM
"Huh," Salem stated with surprise, "Looks like you have your own personal cheering section."

Pema mowed down a rack of lamb, followed by chugging down water, making digestion easier, "Yeah! I can feel everyone's energy, elevating me to amazing heights!" She exclaimed dramatically.

"Um, I think that's really pushing it, Pema... But anyway, you shouldn't strain yourself too much. Even you're not immune to stomach aches... or worse," He warned.

"Ha ha ha, foolish Salem!" Pema laughed an incredibly fake laugh, "What doesn't kill me only makes me stronger!"

"... Is that the context you're really going for?"

"Come on, man, YOU GOT THIS! Go, go, go!" One of the Dwarves cheered on his fellow brethren, "Let them see why you're called Zilpher the Insatiable!"

"Mmmfrrrrb! MMMFRRBM!" Zilpher cried out, his mouth filled with mutton.

"I don't know what you said, but I love your enthusiasm, pal!" He patted him on the back.

One Dwarf looked at Pema, who was stuffing chicken down her mouth with frightening intensity, "Is that tiny creature really a human? How can such a small being fit that much food?!"

"She's a curious one, that's for sure," Another Dwarf rubbed his beard, astonished at this gluttonous display.

Pema finished off three plates of food, and was about to grab a fifth drumstick when something caught her eye; a roasted duck, displayed elegantly on a plate, complete with decorative garnish.

"I see... so you've summoned me here today, have you, feathered one?" Pema gazed at the roasted duck, speaking in a hushed tone, "I accept!"

She inhaled and exhaled deeply, "In... my..." she inched her hands closer and closer to the poor duck that was going to be devoured, "BELLY!" Her hands launched towards it.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1147 on: February 13, 2015, 07:59:05 PM
"Oh yeah.....she's definitely going to get a stomach ache." Sakura sighed and shook her head as she watched Pema devour the duck "Might need to take a walk with her if possible."

"I'm still amazed she can eat so much though, could it be that since her Mana is so huge and she uses so much that she has to eat that much to replenish it?" Calien pondered.

"That would make sense......I also think somewhere down the line one of her ancestors could have been something like these Dwarves." Sakura joked.

"Also quite possible, she certainly is short enough." Calien smiled and nodded.

"Though she is only 12, who knows she might end up taller than me someday." Sakura stated.

"That's definitely a possibility since you are kind of short too, especially for our race...even by human standards as well to be honest." Calien pointed out.

"Why do you have to remind me of that." Sakura sighed.

"Then again your grandmother is shorter than you last I remembered so that might explain a few things.  I think you got it from your mother's side too to be honest.....she was pretty small too." Calien said wistfully.

"Is that so....." Sakura said as she looked at her father.  She wondered if Riagan's story brought up some bad memories too, despite how joyous the kingdom of Dwarves was.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #1148 on: February 13, 2015, 08:08:40 PM
Just finishing her liquor, Toshi seemed a bit worried over Pema's health.

Toshi - "Hey, Prof. Got any indigestion remedies on you?" she poked a little on the Professor's shoulder to get his attention, "Not to be worried or anything, but I think Pema might need something in case she's unable to stomach all that food."

Fear me.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #1149 on: February 14, 2015, 12:27:08 AM
Fxeni looks around at everyone cheering away. Shaking his head, he reaches for more food and quietly eats in peace.