Dragon Ball Xenoverse ~ The Hero is Goku...

VirusChris · 42508

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: December 30, 2014, 06:28:47 PM
More datamining from our usual broker has uncover more data on the CaC and what we're expecting to see! First up the different Hairstyles for each race:

DB Xenoverse Beta : (Hidden Data) Head & Hair Options - 3D Models

Fun fact I learned, the main characters' hairstyles like Goku and Vegeta will be "wigs" for the CaC to use. Will be interesting to see how that works and it seems any race can wear these wig as someone mention seeing a Male Majin with Videl's hairstyle as wig to wear.

DB Xenoverse Beta : (Hidden Data) Female Majin Race Complete Costume Sets - 3D Models

DB Xenoverse Beta : (Hidden Data) Male Majin Race Complete Costume Sets - 3D Models

Looking pretty cool so way! Seriously about a month away! I can't take the wait much longer! ^_^

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: January 05, 2015, 10:47:54 PM
Dragon Ball XENOVERSE Livestream Recap

Sorry forgot to add this as well. Covers some things about Xenoverse from the Stream early December.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: January 16, 2015, 10:58:38 PM
New V-Jump Scan of Xenoverse:

Super Sayian 4 Gogeta and Omega Shenron are confirmed to be in the game! And what's this? Is this the Demon God that Mira and Towa works... and the great and terrible Demigra?! An original villain for Xenoverse, just what is his ultimate goal for the Dragon Ball World?

Not only that! Vegeta is a member of the Ginyu Force?! Venyu Force...?
Also Gohan, Gotenks, and Vegeta have turned fiendish and you must defeat them to return them to there senses!

Japan will get the game February 5th while the US and UK recently got delayed a work further to iron out some localization issues (most likely occurring the English voiceovers, Jaco the Space Policeman (legal issue I suspect are in order to bring him to the West first), more touch up on the Online Play) and will come out February 24th for the US and 27th for the UK.

Get ready to enter your Dragon Ball World warriors!

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse - 10 Minutes of NEW Gameplay (1/16/2015) (1080p)

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: January 17, 2015, 08:20:42 PM
It's weird that there are any GT characters in this game, since it's based off of the story that Toriyama wrote for Dragon Ball Online. Toriyama doesn't acknowledge GT in his work. This decision may have been out of his hands, though, since the publisher probably thought the fans would complain if GT characters were left out. I personally think they should have left GT out and put SSJ3 in, but that's just me.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: January 17, 2015, 11:01:31 PM
It's weird that there are any GT characters in this game, since it's based off of the story that Toriyama wrote for Dragon Ball Online. Toriyama doesn't acknowledge GT in his work. This decision may have been out of his hands, though, since the publisher probably thought the fans would complain if GT characters were left out. I personally think they should have left GT out and put SSJ3 in, but that's just me.

Actually I've heard that Akira Toriyama considers GT a "side-story", heck he even drew a sketch of SSJ4 Goku for the DBGT DVD Collection as an artwork inside the case, and GT does have fans and from what I've gathered it seems like DIMPS love GT themselves and so they tend to try to add them into their games as much as possible.

I'm glad GT is in, I'm a fan of GT and I love it especially the SSJ4 form as it's my favorite SSJ form with SSJ2 after it.

You'd be surprised how many people want GT characters in DBZ games.

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: January 18, 2015, 04:48:54 AM
Actually I've heard that Akira Toriyama considers GT a "side-story", heck he even drew a sketch of SSJ4 Goku for the DBGT DVD Collection as an artwork inside the case, and GT does have fans and from what I've gathered it seems like DIMPS love GT themselves and so they tend to try to add them into their games as much as possible.

I'm glad GT is in, I'm a fan of GT and I love it especially the SSJ4 form as it's my favorite SSJ form with SSJ2 after it.

You'd be surprised how many people want GT characters in DBZ games.
That all may be true, but Toriyama disregarded GT when writing the story for Dragon Ball Online and will continue to disregard it in the new Dragon Ball series he's currently developing. He may have designed SSJ4, but that doesn't mean he considers GT part of his Dragon Ball universe--which he clearly doesn't. He calls it a side story in the same realm as fan fiction.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: January 18, 2015, 08:06:19 AM
Which is good, because GT sucks.

It had a FEW neat ideas, like the shadow dragon thing and the SSJ4 thing.

But other than that... it was Kid Goku Gets the Dragonballs again IN SPACE!!!, Revenge of the Garlic Jr. Saga except Garlic Jr. is now a cyborg Tuffle who is also a gary stu, who has his possession thing (Because nothing says great story like turning the entire beloved side cast of DB and DBZ evil and loyal to the villain) completely wiped away by the exact same thing as it was in Garlic Jr (Being the Sacred Water in the 7 air currents), and Android 17 becomes some sort of strange thing and is evil again... for like 7 episodes before kaboom.

Its really not good except for maybe the ending (By that I mean the last minute or something) and the OP.

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: January 18, 2015, 04:24:40 PM
Super 17 is probably the most blatantly recycled arc past the first, ripping the idea straight out of the movie Super Android 13

Though I will stand by the opinion that the Dragons themselves as a final boss for the series is still a great idea.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: January 18, 2015, 08:36:35 PM
Which is good, because GT sucks.

It had a FEW neat ideas, like the shadow dragon thing and the SSJ4 thing.

But other than that... it was Kid Goku Gets the Dragonballs again IN SPACE!!!, Revenge of the Garlic Jr. Saga except Garlic Jr. is now a cyborg Tuffle who is also a gary stu, who has his possession thing (Because nothing says great story like turning the entire beloved side cast of DB and DBZ evil and loyal to the villain) completely wiped away by the exact same thing as it was in Garlic Jr (Being the Sacred Water in the 7 air currents), and Android 17 becomes some sort of strange thing and is evil again... for like 7 episodes before kaboom.

Its really not good except for maybe the ending (By that I mean the last minute or something) and the OP.

You'd be surprised how many people liked GT or mostly their characters from GT which a LOT of people hammered about for years wanting their back in another good DBZ game.

True there were some elements in GT that were neat idea, but it was poorly executed.

@Psycho Yuffie
Possibly, but with Battle of Gods and the 12 Universes it's possible GT exist or elements of GT existing in another universe. AT kinda destroyed the concept of "canon" with BoG story... I guess he's trying to appease all fans so in a sense "GT" exist in another universe.

Well I'm not going to diverge into that anymore. Let's return to the topic at hand, shall we?

Xenoverse Gameplay Controls and more!

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: January 19, 2015, 06:24:19 PM
I agree GT was pretty much [parasitic bomb]. But I also agree the ending was pretty well done. It felt fitting for the series, more so than the manga's where nothing really ended.

A lot of the GT concepts were pretty good, but really badly executed. It is also funny how the filler authors had a better grasp of what powers and techniques existed in the story than Toriyama (who was constantly forgetting things existed).

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: January 19, 2015, 06:26:45 PM
I'm upset that Toriyama completely forgot about Launch. Such an awesome character that could have seen some use in Z.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: January 19, 2015, 06:44:27 PM

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: January 20, 2015, 12:48:03 AM
Yeah, I always wonder why she didn't appeared in DBZ except the final battle against Kid Buu with the Spirit Bomb where Goku asked for help. She did appear briefly there.

Still in Xenoverse you can dress up your CaC as Launch so in a way Launch is back in DBZ. ^_^

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: January 20, 2015, 03:01:37 AM
Didn't Toriyama say he was worried people would mistake her for a super sayian due to her blonde hair or something?

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: January 20, 2015, 04:01:38 AM
If that was the case they wouldn't be able to show Bulma's mom either. Heck 18 shouldn't have been blond if that was the case.

No I think the guns were the reason she was written out.  Dragon Ball Z just couldn't get away with the insane crap Dragon Ball did, not to mention the tone is pretty different from the 2 series.  For gods sake Bulma was in a bunny suit for an extended period of time.

EDIT: Nope I was wrong, Toriyama litterally forgot she existed.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: January 20, 2015, 04:37:40 AM
EDIT: Nope I was wrong, Toriyama litterally forgot she existed.

I just said that...

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: January 20, 2015, 04:40:46 AM
To be fair I thought you meant he neglected to write stuff for her, not literally forgetting about her existence.   I mean look at the rest of the Z fighters, most of them besides Krillen and Piccolo were just there to get their asses kicked before the Saiyans showed up.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: January 20, 2015, 05:07:08 AM
How DID he forget Launch existed anyway? She's a pretty memorable character in concept alone with her violent outbursts and pig abuse.   XD

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: January 20, 2015, 05:09:59 AM
I don't know, testosterone casting?

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: January 20, 2015, 05:13:21 AM
Well he did admit he has no idea how to write female characters. Might explain why they are all so psychotic. XD

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: January 20, 2015, 05:15:16 AM
That is true.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: January 20, 2015, 05:54:15 AM
Well he did admit he has no idea how to write female characters. Might explain why they are all so psychotic. XD

That's also the reason why there aren't many romantic scenes. He doesn't know how to make them.

Vegeta and Bulma's chemistry is probably the closest the series has had to a believable romance. As dysfunctional as their relationship is, they definitely fit well together.

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: January 20, 2015, 06:12:39 AM
He also admitted to not knowing how to draw people kissing. Another thing is that he also admitted that there wouldn't be a female Super Saiyan. Not because there can't be a female Super Saiyan, but because he wouldn't know how to draw one. He doesn't know the female body well enough to draw a powerful-looking woman. It's kind of sad.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: January 20, 2015, 06:18:06 AM
My idea of a female Super Sayian would be her hair turning pure white and if her hair is short the hair grows.  That's my idea anyway, I just wouldn't like the idea of a woman's hair becoming spiky, especially if her hair was already long.

But of course it would never happen, and even then there was that one video game recently with a female saiyan with blond spiky hair anyway. 

Regardless it's kind of sad that Toriyama limitations really got in the way of some much potential, but then again Dragon Ball Z didn't turn out too bad despite it.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: January 20, 2015, 06:28:30 AM
He also admitted to not knowing how to draw people kissing. Another thing is that he also admitted that there wouldn't be a female Super Saiyan. Not because there can't be a female Super Saiyan, but because he wouldn't know how to draw one. He doesn't know the female body well enough to draw a powerful-looking woman. It's kind of sad.

So basically, Toriyama fails as an artist. Especially if he can't draw kissing.