Metaloid:Origin

TGHoly · 17689

Offline TGHoly

• Net Navi
  • RPM Member
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: September 18, 2015, 11:44:21 AM
M:RG might failed to give us income but it success in term of download rate consider we didn't do spend much to promote it. that's why we like to try it again and see how our new design work this time.  :)

We also just change level BG yesterday you can expect the game look little different from Trailer we release many day ago.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: September 18, 2015, 12:09:44 PM
I can already see the assets are higher res and everything looks cleaner and more true to the artstyle now. Bravo.

Offline TGHoly

• Net Navi
  • RPM Member
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: September 20, 2015, 02:59:09 PM
Finally we finish the demo but still have small issue you can see inside readme.

http://www.moddb.com/games/metaloidorigin/downloads

*If you have problem with using keyboard choose ingame menu try to use your mouse click on them directly it also work for every menu*

[spoiler]
Metaloid:Origin
By Retro Revolution [Tharathon Wattanavikrai & Alberto Dolci]
https://www.facebook.com/metaloidgame
http://www.moddb.com/games/metaloidorigin

Hi! Tharathon here.
   Me and Alberto Dolci is gamer who have passion in classic game and "speed run" challenge and we want to create the game base around those idea, Metaloid:Origin is result of our intention we borrow many mechanic from classic popular game such as Megaman,Sonic,Turrican and put all them together. In Metaloid:Origin you play as 1 from 5 of Metaloid Resistant members who try to protect your world from invasion of Lucias Coorperation Empire who plan to harvest all resource from their planet. we focus to release our game on mobile at moment but we also want to release our game on PC. This demo version features 2 playable characters Erika and Zeta Each character armed with different set of weapons and have their own unique special power. We also offer 2 Levels to play overall take about 15 munite long.

We apologize to bug/glitch and lack of many options you might found in this demo but since the game not originally design for PC and we work under static deadlinewe can't apply all of them in time. but still try our best to get rid many of them possible for the bug we can't fix in time of this release we will try to patch it later. but we hope you still enjoy with our demo and give up feedback. :)

[FAQ:Bug and glitch you might found]
- Game not offer pixel perfect on fullscreen = Since our game originally design for mobile we suggest player to play on windows mode if you want to pixel perfect experience but don't worry we also take this issue very serious and It'll not happen in fullgame. But if you want to play the game on full screen we offer filter option inside yes it might blur your screen a little bit but it still better than broken graphic.
- Lack of control customize = We can't apply this option at moment.
- no Controller support = Truly my programer said he put it inside but it doesn't seem work for me I wonder if it suddenly work for some one.
- Zeta crash by elevator in ice level = We just found this bug and sadly we can't fix it in time but we will patch it later for now we can only suggest player to avoid using special power inside Elevator Room.
- My characters slip from floating ladder = We acknowledge on this issue and we will try to fix it in the future for now I suggest player to jump over it while it gone down to avoid this issue.

[Info we expect from release of this demo.]
- Do the game is fun?
- Idea and feedback from player such as what feature they want or expect.
- What we can improve.
- Game bug glitch...
- Difficulty and Balance.
- Improve reputation with player.

[What you can expect in full version of Metaloid Origin]
- Available on IOS,Android,Game Stick and PC
- 5 Playable Characters
- 24 Weapons
- Equipment Setup
- 8 Levels
- Controller support
- Keyboard Customizeation
- Pixel perfect display in full screen.

Enjoy It or not we still want to Thank You to everyone who give us chance. We love making game specialize with the game we want to make!

[Visit our previous games.] ; Support any of our game also help us invest for Metaloid:Origin!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Retro+Revolution+Games+-+Alberto+Dolci

[Steam Page] ; Concept not yet Greenlight because I still have no money to get over there.... :P
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=466426944

[Contact or Give us feedback via]
- albertogplay@gmail.com
- https://www.facebook.com/metaloidgame
- http://www.moddb.com/games/metaloidorigin
- http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=466426944
[/spoiler]

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: September 20, 2015, 10:27:37 PM
I'll give it a go this evening.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: September 22, 2015, 01:59:29 AM
Sorry for the wait.

The game handles nicely, but there's some weird stuff going on particularly with the edge of platforms (where I botched some jumps that should've caught) and, I noticed this more with Zeta, that the shots don't typically go the same way. I don't know if that's deliberate but sometimes the shots veered up or down instead of going the same direction each time.

Offline TGHoly

• Net Navi
  • RPM Member
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: September 22, 2015, 03:08:49 AM
Weapon in Metaloid:Origin function different from Megaman while shoot function base on automatic  fire each weapons offer different accuracy.

Erika
- Pulse Gun [Maingun] = Fair fire rate , damage high accurate.
- Flame Thrower = High ROF , Low damage, large EN consumption ,  Short Range , Pircing target
- Rocket Launcher = Strong vs large target , Large AOE , Low fire rate , Trigger per each shot.

Zeta
- Auto Pistol [Main gun] = Low damage , twin bullet , lack of accuracy [make it easier for short-medium range combat but some time it spread become some what useful].
- Flak Cannon = Fair Damage , Wide attack area , Pircing target , Short range
- Shock Cannon =  Strong vs large target , 6 additional cluster bullets , Trigger per each shot , Slow movement.

for we acknowledge about Floating ladder glitch and we will try to fix it asap but for now I can only suggest you to jump over it while it gone down.

Thank you for your feed back. :)

*You can see more info about possible glitch inside our readme, some might ask why we not fix it before release demo which truly we also want to do so but since my friend [coder] have some importation business coming I just can't do anything until he came back which take time about 2-3 days....   o-O

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: September 22, 2015, 04:02:02 AM
Oh so it's like a recoil system? That's actually really cool. Good job on that.

My issue regarding the platforming didn't involve the floating ladders actually. There were some ledges on the second screen of level 1 with some items (screenshot) and whenever I tried to jump off the side, it didn't register sometimes and I died. The circled ledge is kind of problematic, so if you ever go over the layout of the stages again, take a look at some of your ledges.

Also, consider reworking some more of the visuals if you aren't already there. The explosion from the character arriving in the beginning of the level in particular look a little out of place.

Thanks for being attentive, guys! Can't wait to see what you guys put out next.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #32 on: September 22, 2015, 04:16:51 AM
Yeah, I noticed that problem with the edges, too, and a lot of times it throws my dash-jumps off when I'm trying to speed past enemies. Also, does the ladder glitch relate to this glitch that I found just now where you could end going right through the ladder and into the wall, causing the player to die instantly? I making a mad dash for this ladder in one of the waterfall sections of the first stage and BAM!, I died. There was this other game-breaking bug that I just found after beating the first boss, where I was standing next to it when it was exploding, and after grabbing the loot that drops from it when it exploded, the game didn't advance me to the next level, but I was stuck in the boss room with nothing happening. The only thing I could do outside of moving around is to quit the game.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: September 22, 2015, 04:21:59 AM
Mind screenshotting the wall bug? Might help the devs get an idea.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: September 22, 2015, 05:07:20 AM
I demand 975 Soulrium for my services. /joking
The number came up for the number of times of me dying trying to get these shots.

This is as best as I could to get the glitch shown without the self-destruction part but it can kill you if you try to move.

I just also found out it also happens in other places such as this. Can you spot the kitty in this picture? This happened with I was trying to run into the way for a few seconds and Falcon Kick blaze kick into it afterwards. Also moonwalking through walls when it doesn't kill you is kind of funny.

Then there's something wrong I found with switching between windowed and fullscreen mode. The overlay for the menus don't go away and you can still interact with menu. It happens when I hit Esc while the menu cursor is on "Options" after switching between windowed and fullscreen but doesn't close the menu unless I select "Resume". Please note the game is unpaused as you can see the lifebar still on screen with the screen. Oddly enough, it can go away by pressing Enter but this is still something that should be looked into.

And here's a more exaggerated case.

Offline TGHoly

• Net Navi
  • RPM Member
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: September 22, 2015, 10:10:27 AM
wow there's so many glitch/bug more than we expect. thank everyone this report really helpful.

I still wondering how you gone inside there, I try both rolling flame and flame kick so many time but nothing happen. but surely we need to rework on collision some how.

also this.

I died. There was this other game-breaking bug that I just found after beating the first boss, where I was standing next to it when it was exploding, and after grabbing the loot that drops from it when it exploded.

do you defeat the boss with second play-though after complete first game? if yes maybe i can fix this by my self.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: September 22, 2015, 11:31:13 PM
I might get a recording of the glitchy collision detection with the walls when I get around to using OBS to record gameplay for this game.

Offline TGHoly

• Net Navi
  • RPM Member
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: September 23, 2015, 12:24:34 AM
Thank you very much for your effort. we will looking forward to it.

as developer sometime it really weird to see player away found more bug than we are. personally I didn't so surprise with collision glitch since we away accept our collision still far from perfect but this menu glitch it something we never expect and never experience by our self even I just try to mess around with by my self today.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: September 23, 2015, 12:25:31 AM
You will be able to see it in action when I stream either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. I can get you a recording of the footage as well.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline TGHoly

• Net Navi
  • RPM Member
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: September 23, 2015, 12:31:01 AM
You will be able to see it in action when I stream either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. I can get you a recording of the footage as well.

cool! that really good news for us. :)

*note* I fix the game a little yesterday and made ninja patch on mod DB [since we still lack of download rate] if your game not .3.exe I suggest to download it again.
I might not fix collision issue or menu but less glitch compare to .2 or .1 for sure.

update* = I fixed collision on some area and now ladder bug in first waterfall area is no more. [maybe] if possible I'll try to ninja update again tomorrow before that I'll looking for other glitch I can fix by my self before try to upload it. :p

but I wonder if anyone experience collision glitch on level2 other than floating ladder slid and elevator room?

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: September 23, 2015, 03:14:30 AM
Niiiice. You're really on top of this [parasitic bomb]. Seriously. I love devs who are as involved as you guys.

I'll see about testing it tonight but I'm really tuckered out after classes today.

Offline TGHoly

• Net Navi
  • RPM Member
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: September 23, 2015, 03:56:50 PM
** I patch the game and uploaded now Ice boss get some nerf and collision should work better but not every glitch above got fix**

I check on feed back by other forum seem like the game still has "Fatal Error" curse game to close down on some place.

Demo 1.1
- Tweak some collision and Fix collision stuck on some area.
- Fix issue when player unable to finish level after defeat boss at second play-through.
- Tweak some collision.
 - Increase Gear drop chance from crate.
- Decrease number of cluster create from ice pillar from 6 to 4 and decrease spread area a little.
-  Freeze grenade use by ice boss nolonger leave cluster when get Destroyed.
- No longer have freeze trap inside boss room in level2

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: September 24, 2015, 07:30:38 AM
I know this is kind of late considering that a new version of the demo has came out (I'll get to downloading in the morning), but here's the video with some of the glitches I mentioned.

[youtube]youtu.be/vlb-904e--E[/youtube]

Offline TGHoly

• Net Navi
  • RPM Member
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: September 24, 2015, 10:05:03 AM
Thank for video now I also can perform those glitch and seem like even Boss also suffer from it. at least my friend saw all glitch you show here already and now we can start to do something with it.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: September 24, 2015, 12:32:36 PM
You know, every time I see the main character in action, I can't help but feel the jump should be more animate and acrobatic - without the gun out always. Maybe add a little roll effect to the top of the jump arc?

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: September 26, 2015, 12:46:46 AM
TGHoly, I would like to request high resolution copies of the character art for your game to use as a stream promotion image. If you decide to do so, you can send them in a personal message if you wish. Thanks.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline TGHoly

• Net Navi
  • RPM Member
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: September 26, 2015, 04:17:08 AM
@OBJECTION MAN
Sended  ;)

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: September 28, 2015, 12:40:36 AM
We're live with the Indie Spotlight for Metaloid: Origin!!
http://www.twitch.tv/marcdwyz

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline TGHoly

• Net Navi
  • RPM Member
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: September 28, 2015, 02:19:27 AM
Hi

I try to watch the twitch but unfortunately my internet work so bad make me suffer from huge lag and unable to watch it on Live smoothly. 

seem like I can only check it on record version. But from what I see seem like you suffer from our control setting and menu issue which we current working to fix it.

while you can handle menu by simple use your mouse click on menu button but control customize/controller support might take time to work with.

Thank you for great twitch! I also notice some design might not so clear to player and I'll bring it to table but some time I want to leave some mechanic for player to discover by themselves as Ice mini boss which offer more than one  straightforward way to kill him off.

We're now prepare new version for greenlight some room might change or rework and from what I see you play on twitch seem like we need Restart button. :p

more info you might not know.
- In full game we offer player about 24 type of weapons 4 unique for each character and 4 share weapons and allow player setup own set of weapons before go inside the game.
- 2 Extra guns I gave player in this demo one of them is High-tier gun which really powerful but also expensive to get not free from start like the Demo. [We just afraid player can't beat demo which is reason we give some of the best to them from start]
- Gems [Soulrium] and Gear also need for unlock new weapons and "Bonus" ability.
- Try to use special power many time as possible since it's free to use.
- Erika Rocket launcher deal twice damage to Zeta Shock Cannon on direct hit and have chance to bypass enemy protection.

*Update*
OK I watch all record and recognize every bug/glitch and some unintentional design already already this help me a lot for future improvement.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 05:24:29 PM by TGHoly »

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: September 29, 2015, 05:47:29 PM
*Update*
OK I watch all record and recognize every bug/glitch and some unintentional design already already this help me a lot for future improvement.

Just to summarize, the biggest design gripes on my end were:
-Certain thin platforms being unreachable with the current jump arc, while they appear otherwise.
-Climbable wall sections sticking out of the walls (instead of being embedded inside of them), allowing the player to walk on them and bypass portions of the stage unintentionally.
-Unintuitive control scheme for dismounting and jumping off a climbable wall. Exiting one at the top could go smoother too.
-Unclear distinction between main and subweapons on the HUD.
-High respawn rate leading to unfair difficulty.