Theory on Zero and the Four Guardians.

Zed Kal Eios · 2783

Offline Zed Kal Eios

• Cyberelf
    • View Profile
on: June 24, 2014, 10:43:20 AM
So I never got around to thanking you guys for your posts in my last topic, just want to do that now before getting back on track, it helped enlighten me and I really appreciate it.

To the point at hand I wonder if Zero, despite being in a copy body but in possession of his full "heart and soul" was always stronger than the Guardians, who were singular aspects of the greater whole that represented X's potential? That they would always be weaker than a combative reploid of Zero's class because their combative prowess was in essence divided into quarters between them, but even that little amount is still enough to outclass most other combative reploids of the era.

Does that make sense or am I grasping at straws?

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 11:29:03 AM
Thematically speaking that is an interesting way to look at it.

I think that their goal and resolve has a lot to do with their combat strength versus Zero though. When they're in doubt, whether its due to Copy X being a little off the note, or when Copy X has been killed and they're in charge now, it may pose enough doubt in their actions to effect their power in battle.

Similarly, when fighting against Omega along with Zero, they showed remarkable strength. They knew exactly the right path to take then. Without their help, Zero would have surely died.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Cherrykorock

• Dr Light's other creation
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Zero can divide by Zero.
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 02:57:42 PM
I don't think it's that the guardians only have a 1/4 of X's strength. It seems more likely that they each personify a different aspect of X. For example Harpuia's combat relies on speed and maneuverability. Fefnir embodies power and aggression. I believe this also goes for their personalities as well. Leviathan is X's more playful nature with Phantom demonstrating X's cunning and serious side.

This is I always looked at it at least!