Any Mega Man classic series fan games left to beat?

rockmanclassix · 6806

Offline rockmanclassix

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
on: February 04, 2014, 10:00:17 PM
I've completed pretty much all of them out there and am looking for more to play. Name any and I'm guaranteed to have beaten it. Don't include demos.

Don't include ROM hacks, either. While there are some really good, distinguishing ones, there's just simply thousands upon millions of ROM hacks out in the wild and the numbers are only increasing. I have a bad habit of not keeping standards that I set, and I'll probably end up in that "bottomless pit".

Offline Splash

• B-Class Hunter
  • Something here?
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 10:53:42 PM
Mega Man 42?

http://quickmaster-exe.deviantart.com/
I like to draw... NOT!
Seriously.

Offline Arikado

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 11:02:28 PM
Mega Man Unlimited?

Offline rockmanclassix

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 01:43:09 AM
Mega Man Unlimited?

What's that :P

But seriously, I've gone through so many of them, I should have made a list as I went along. And yeah, I've beaten Mega Man 42 a few weeks ago.

Here are some I've beaten, among maybe 80 of them.

Mega Man Rocks
Mega Man Rock Force
Mega Man Unlimited
Mega Man 42
Mega Man Paradise (ugh)
Mega Man Christmas Carol 1, 2, remix
Hard Hat 1-4
Rokko Chan
an assload of Game Maker games I suffered through, like Mega Man Project Zero.
Super Mega Man 3.
Mega Man VS Metroid and Ghosts N Goblins
Mega Man Scramble (though it doesn't really count)
Day in the Limelight 1 and 2.
Mega Man Revolution
Super Danny 1, 2 and remix
Mega Pony (and don't want to go through again)
Nezumi Man
Star Man (original and remake)

And list others, I'll see if I've beaten them or not.

Offline Shinryu

• Cyberelf
  • Passive-Aggressive Coffee Table
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 06:12:38 AM
Aside from Rockman 7 and 8 FC, I can't really spot too many others to suggest (or at least, ones that aren't out yet). In those regards, we still have Mega Man Eternal to look forward to. From what I understand, it's supposed to be released sometime between early-to-midway of this year. Aside from that, there's another one planned for release called Mega Man: Revenge of the Fallen (no relation to that awful Transformers movie, hopefully). The game itself looks...well, half-way decent, at least from what I've seen in its demo videos. It certainly looks to be a bit better than Mega Man Project Zero, that's for sure.

Offline spd12

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 05:52:01 PM
Would Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Return be one of the ones you've already beaten? It's no longer able to be found on the internet, but I have a copy of it if you'd like it. It's pretty decent aside from a few issues here and there (Energy Man has an unavoidable flashing attack, most of the weapons are straight fire, the weakness loop is not properly closed so two of them are weak to one another).

EDIT: There's also Super Mega Man 1 and Super Mega Man 2, but you may find them not terribly entertaining to play.

Offline rockmanclassix

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 07:39:42 PM
Aside from Rockman 7 and 8 FC, I can't really spot too many others to suggest (or at least, ones that aren't out yet). In those regards, we still have Mega Man Eternal to look forward to. From what I understand, it's supposed to be released sometime between early-to-midway of this year. Aside from that, there's another one planned for release called Mega Man: Revenge of the Fallen (no relation to that awful Transformers movie, hopefully). The game itself looks...well, half-way decent, at least from what I've seen in its demo videos. It certainly looks to be a bit better than Mega Man Project Zero, that's for sure.

Oh, forgot to mention those 2. Yeah, I finished them too, but back when I was going through a bunch of the official games at the same time. I'm definitely keeping an eye out for Mega Man: Revenge of the Fallen, but almost forgot about Eternal. Thanks for reminding me, I'll need to keep up with that one, too.

Would Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Return be one of the ones you've already beaten? It's no longer able to be found on the internet, but I have a copy of it if you'd like it. It's pretty decent aside from a few issues here and there (Energy Man has an unavoidable flashing attack, most of the weapons are straight fire, the weakness loop is not properly closed so two of them are weak to one another).

EDIT: There's also Super Mega Man 1 and Super Mega Man 2, but you may find them not terribly entertaining to play.

I think someone is hosting Dr Wily's Return on a google page (what is it, google docs or something). I've played that one, too; thanks anyway. It was pretty good, though screwy at times. I actually beat one of the Wily stage bosses due to a glitch, heheh.

Super Mega Man 1 and 2 are among the pile of GM games I trudged through. Although really bad games, they surprisingly gave me less trouble than PZ. Super Mega Man 3, I thought was quite decent. It felt like a novice's nod to Mega Man 10. The only problem I see with it is its joke difficulty. The mechanics and overall gameplay felt like Mega Man and was nice.

Offline spd12

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 08:58:12 PM
You've tapped me out then! But yeah, SMM and SMM2 are both pretty weak but you can definitely feel that the creator is progressively getting better as time goes on (and 3 is very playable, yeah). Their next game isn't a Mega Man one, but given what they've learned over the years I'm sure it'll be something good.

Now that I think about it, there might be some on Newgrounds, I remember playing a really low-rent one years ago that I may have to dig up again.

Offline rockmanclassix

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 09:33:51 PM
Eh, sounds good to me.

Oh, I also gave the "3D" fan games a play through. I like them in that they're fun and enjoyable, though I don't think it fits to include them in this list of fan games. Speaking of which, there's also the 2.5D fangame that I should probably look into when they have more content to offer.

Offline Darkflamewolf

• Megaman: Revenge of the Fallen Creator
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 23, 2014, 05:23:49 AM
Thought I'd come in and hit up the question as to the status of Megaman: Revenge of the Fallen. Due date: Thanksgiving. The game is done, fully finished, fully playable. But we're giving ourselves another week to play through and make sure EVERYTHING is ironed out first.
Here's the latest trailer:
Megaman: Revenge of the Fallen Pre-Launch Trailer
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 05:27:43 AM by Dr. Wily II »

Offline TheRockMachine

• Cyberelf
  • RPM Member
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 09, 2015, 07:56:14 PM
Have you beat Mega Man Perfect Harmony and Mega Man X Street Fighter ?