• View Profile
Reply #150 on: January 15, 2014, 05:35:04 AM
Yes, he leaves you capsules... With cosplay powers. 8D

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #151 on: January 15, 2014, 05:37:30 AM
In truth though it's really WilyII in disguise trolling Blue.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #152 on: January 15, 2014, 05:40:04 AM
I like this idea very much! 8D

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #153 on: January 15, 2014, 07:48:59 AM
Might as well post these before I start working on the Boss Sprites.

Descending the ladder Blue felt a shiver up her spin as her foot touched the ground. She glances around and the true scale of this place hits her, then a sense of familiarity. Could she have been here before?

"I-I feel like I know this place." Blue says to herself.

The one eyed denizens of the city are ancient creations of the Precursors and tend to litter their ruins guarding what ever is hidden inside. Treasure hunters have their own theories on how such machines have survived for so long.

The upper city was in disrepair having been abandoned for so long, the damage inside wasn't much better and the security systems were now in full alert, Blue encountered a new type of guardian. The Watcher can only ram into Blue to cause damage but if she gets into their field of vision they can enhance the range and aggro distance of other nearby guardians.

Blue wondered if the Precursors were beings of true evil, as their security systems included the dreaded vanishing blocks. Blue HATED vanishing blocks.

"Oh common!"

The darkness seemed to drag on forever, but blue began to feel the same draw she had when she found the entrance. What ever was down here was calling to her and she couldn't pull away. Before she could consider this further a light reached her eyes, a massive gem within the core of the city.

The Omni-Gem, a Precursor relic and in legend an infinite source of elemental power. It's been the mother load of treasure hunters for years although with Precursor ruins scattered across the galaxy it's location remained hidden until now. White Beard having stolen countless Precursor Star Maps finally tracked the legend of the Omni-Gem to Azure Star and desired to use it's power to achieve his goals.

The Omni-Gem shines with all the elements, Fire, Water, Wind, Earth, Light and Darkness and was responsible for powering Cloud City keeping it airborne. Should the gem be removed the damage to Azure Star from the falling city would be catastrophic.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #154 on: January 15, 2014, 08:01:14 AM
Soooooo... Pretty... My precioussssssssssssss...

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #155 on: January 15, 2014, 02:30:42 PM

Blue looks into the shining gem, she'd never seen anything like it before. Even from that distance she could feel the elemental energies radiating from it, that however felt familiar and she still wasn't sure why. Blue remembers being woken up when a curious native of Azure Star wandered in and tripped the stasis capsule she had been sleeping in, but before that? Blue wasn't even sure there was a before maybe she had been created and never activated.

As Blue approached to get a better look the room begins to shake, the ceiling explodes as Captain White beard piloting a small flying craft emerges from the darkness beyond, a group of smiley copters quickly swarm the Omni-Gem.

"Hahaha, this plan worked out better than I could have hopped!" White Beard laughs

"What are you planning White Beard!" Blue closes her hands into fists preparing for another battle.

"I've been searching the galaxy for over a century for this gem, this is the legendary Omni-Gem a source of infinite power and the greatest of the Precursor's inventions! With this I will achieve all my goals easily!" He puffs from his pipe as the Smiley Copters grapple the Gem and begin pulling it from the shrine.

The City begins to shake nearly knocking Blue off her feet.

"W-whats going on?!" Blue says out loud as the shaking subsides.

"I'd wager without this gem the city will soon run out of power, this plan was perfect! You clear the way for me to the Omni-Gem and if you were destroyed along the way by the Guardians even better, now you and this city will crash into the sea. I win either way!" White Beard flys back up through the hole in the ceiling, the smiley copters follow with the Omni-Gem

"No wait, if this place falls it will destroy the Azure Islands!" Blue reaches out charging after them but not before the ceiling is completely destroyed by a pair of giant fists the impact sends Blue flying back.

From the new opening a large Guardian robot hovers before her, it's eyes glaring at her as if they know her.

"Oh I forgot to mention, this precursor robot was giving us some trouble, seemed to have issue with us looking for the gem. I'll let you two get acquainted! ARRRR HAHAHA!" Blue hears White Beard's voice in the distance.

"Target Identified, The Dark Queen has awakened abandoning recovery of Omni-Gem." - A robotic voice fills the room as the city shakes again.

"I don't have time for this! GET OUT OF MY WAY!" Blue prepares to battle the Precursor Guardian.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #156 on: January 15, 2014, 02:41:34 PM
Oh boy... This looks like it will hurt. A lot.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #157 on: January 15, 2014, 02:43:58 PM
Yep this precursor robot is quite powerful and easily stronger than Blue, it's fist crushed the shrine like it was tissue paper. It will be a tough fight.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #158 on: January 15, 2014, 02:46:09 PM
Maybe the shrine... WAS made of tissue paper. o:

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #159 on: January 20, 2014, 04:52:32 PM

Level 4 Boss - Precursor Guardian

This battle is fought in three stages, it inflicts heavy damage with most of it's attacks. Blue will need to stay on the move for the whole battle to avoid the onslaught of attacks.

Phase 1

The Guardian has three attacks in phase 1, one is required to gain a projectile needed to damage it. For this phase is will fly just above Blue sticking to the center for most of it's attacks.

Attack 1: Stomp

It jumps into the air (like Juno from Mega man Legends) above Blue and stomps down causing the room to shake, should Blue be standing on the ground she'll be knocked off her feet and will be vulnerable to the small shock waves that travel in both directions. Getting landed causes heavy damage while the shock waves do minor damage.

Attack 2: Hand Beam

The Precursor Guardian's Hand floats near one of the walls and fires a highly damaging beam that follows Blue to the other side of the room. It can't be avoided unless Blue Stands next to the wall on the other side of room where the beam cuts off at. It will then repeat the attack from the other side.

Attack 3: Punch

The Precursor Guardian will sit on one side of the room and have one of it's arms hover over Blue's head. Stand still till it shakes then run out of the way to avoid being crushed. The Hand will remain stuck in the ground for a split second allowing Blue to---

Grab the fist, it's too heavy to move or jump with so you only have a second or so to throw the fist at the Guardian before it flys out of range and the arm breaks free of Blue's grasp. The arm will explode after connecting with the Guardian, you will need to repeat this tactic twice.

Note: The Guardian's Hand beam will only fire once after one of the arms is destroyed.

Phase 2

After repeating this attack twice and "disarming" the guardian it will begin doing it's stomp attack three times in a row with the same effects. Quick jumping will be required to evade the ground pounds AND shock waves. On it's third stomp debris will fall that Blue can grab to throw at the Guardian. Two hits will destroy it's lower torso rendering it unable to attack--or so it seems.

Phase 3

For the final phase the Precursor Guardian hovers around like Alien Wily from MM2, it only has one attack left firing balls of energy at Blue that simply fly at her dealing moderate damage. Debris falls every so often as the city slowly begins to fall from the sky. Blue must grab the falling debris and toss them back, after three hits the Guardian will finally be destroyed.

With the threat dealt with Blue wastes no time escaping and making her way back up the surface of the city. The city is slowly falling from the sky but the power of the Omni-Gem hasn't complete been used up yet, there is still time to get it back and save the Azure Islands! However White Beard's forces are pulling back and grabbing a hover bike from a Buccaneer Blue gives chase.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #160 on: January 20, 2014, 05:07:25 PM
Woa... I like this guy... I REALLY like this guy...

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #161 on: January 20, 2014, 05:10:56 PM
Thanks, took some time to get his attack patterns thought up. This is also my first fully scratched sprite.  :D

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #162 on: January 20, 2014, 05:18:39 PM
And it looks really nice. You mentioned Juno back there, but to be honest... He's got nothing on this guy. 8D

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #163 on: January 20, 2014, 05:23:53 PM
Juno's problem is that his attacks are all to floaty and easily countered by Jumping. XD

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #164 on: January 20, 2014, 05:29:36 PM
Note to self.

Never be too floaty...

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #165 on: January 20, 2014, 05:34:39 PM
Or telegraph your attacks with dialogue.

Juno attacks quickly and often and his attacks are flashy, but once you get past the panic factor a lot of Mega man Legends enemies and bosses use to take the player by surprise (especially the second form of Juno) you realize you have a surprising amount of time to jump or roll and his voice clips always make it clear whats coming. I still love that boss fight though, it's one of the more memorable final duels in the whole franchise.  :)

Anyway, one level to do still as well as two more boss fights. I won't take as long to get them done I hope. XD

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #166 on: January 20, 2014, 05:38:03 PM
If it means your defeat... WOOT!

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #167 on: January 20, 2014, 05:42:47 PM
If she gets defeated before the end of the Second adventure it'll create a time paradox!  >w<

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #168 on: January 20, 2014, 05:47:45 PM
You know what that will mean.

TIME TRAVEL ARC!

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #169 on: January 20, 2014, 06:03:19 PM
Hmm maybe time to make a time themed Star General. XD

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #170 on: January 20, 2014, 09:34:18 PM
Level 5 - The Dark Star

The final level of the first adventure. With the Omni-Gem in White Beard's possession he orders his troops to leave Azure Star, grabbing an abandoned hover bike she gives chase. However the skies are still filled with White Beard's forces who begin to target her as she approaches.

Level 5 is split into different areas, the first is a scrolling area. The hover bike fires pellets of energy and various power ups appear at certain points grant various new weapons. This section plays like the second half of the PSX Tengu Man stage.

R Power up
The rapid fire power up replaces your normal shot with a weaker but more rapidly firing machine gun, it allows you to cover more of the screen and deal with enemies and physical projectiles.

A Power Up
Fires a large arrow shaped shot that does high damage and able to go through multiple foes at once. It's one negative is that it's rate of fire is quite slow.

C Power Up
Fires normal shots but allows you to charge them up for even higher damage. It does more damage than the A power up and likewise goes through multiple enemies.

D Power Up
Creates a small drone that follows and fires shots to supplement your fire power.

Blue blasts her way through White Beard's fleet and soon his flag ship the Dark Star comes into view. The ship's anti-air defenses make getting close tricky but she continues to push forward.

Blue's is by no means skilled at piloting but she admits she's getting the hang of it, as soon as that thought crosses her mind a stray shot impacts the engine of her jet bike and it begins to go up in flames. Blue diving from the ruined bike falls into the Hanger Bay elevator shaft.

The Second Portion of the level is an gauntlet of minor enemies to fight, mostly Buccaneers. The arena is the elevator shaft descending into the ship's hanger.

As the lift reaches the bottom of the elevator shaft Blue sets off into the ship's corridors looking for White Beard.

((I'll do this level in two parts))

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #171 on: January 21, 2014, 02:11:14 AM
That one Buccaneer is back! That one with a bird on his head! Still :P-Ing!

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #172 on: January 21, 2014, 02:49:38 AM
Hey when you take your work seriously you'll go to any length to get the job done!

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #173 on: January 21, 2014, 02:33:07 PM
Level 5 - The Dark Star (Part 2)

Blue figured that White Beard would not have had much time to get ready since his retreat from cloud city and the best place to look was in the hanger and storage areas, stepping off the lift she began working her way through the ship encountering heavy resistance.

White Beard attempting to buy time tries to force Blue off the ship using the launch tubes along the bottom of the ship, but Blue is more than experienced with dealing with such hazards by now.

Blue wonders if she had fought her way through the whole crew by the time she reached the hanger bay entrance, feeling the odd urge to jump through the doors she emerges in the hanger beyond, poorly lit a pair of red optics belonging to a familiar bot greet her.

Next Up: Boss Fight "Copy Blue Mk.1"

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #174 on: January 21, 2014, 02:43:02 PM
At first, I thought Copy Blue might have been yellow as in inverted blue.

Fear me.