A HOENN NEW RPM POKEMON ADVENTURE!

Pyro · 128504

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: November 16, 2013, 08:44:39 AM
(There's also technically one in Dewford.)

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: November 16, 2013, 08:51:28 AM
(I feel that one is more of a private dock used only by Mr. Briney.)

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: November 16, 2013, 09:44:04 AM
(Why use a dock? Just crash the beach like I did, enter in style.)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: November 16, 2013, 10:06:28 AM
(So that's the effect of max style?)

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: November 16, 2013, 04:46:39 PM
Sapph sighed and ran into action when someone cried for help. "Damn... And I was hoping there wouldn't be trouble." He grumbled, arriving on the scene in time to see some magic reflecting razor leaves off the professor at a bunch of grass pokemon. "Wait... Since when do people use mirror coat?" Of course, he didn't have to think too hard to remember a particular magic user. "Ah, so he's here too..." Sapph said, smirking as he decided to make himself known. He threw the pokeball he had in his hand. "Jelly! Dragonbreath!"

In a flash of light, a goodra burst from the ball, appearing in front of Professor Birch shortly after the leaves were reflected. The purple slug-dragon took a deep breath and let loose a stream of blue flames at the grass pokemon that followed behind the razor leaves.

Professor Birch tripped and landed flat on his face as the Reflect bounced the Razor Leaves back. As for the Goodra's attack, the azure flames easily fainted the woefully under-leveled Pokemon. Grunts from the more rational organizations like Team Rocket would normally recall their Pokemon and flee, but since this is Team Flora, the grunt rolled up his sleeves and slapped several transparent patches onto his forearms. His eyes turned bloodshot and his veins bulged to the point where it appeared they would pop. He let out a feral roar and charged the gooey dragon.

"What the heck is he thinking?!" the professor exclaimed before he saw the patches and remembered, "Oh, yeah. Steroids derived from Tauros."

Meanwhile, at Team Flora's camp in the interior, Veronica was nursing a pounding headache. She had only interrogated Pyro for fifteen minutes and he had already driven three interrogators insane. All of them suddenly dressed up in a Zorua costume and sang out "What does the fox say?" before making some awful noises that made her ears bleed. Thankfully she had them bludgeoned by grunts with pillows filled with billiard balls before the insanity spread.

Pyro, meanwhile, was spinning in the chair shouting, "Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

"Here's the pinata?" 8)

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
  • It's tough being an avatar when you're so restless
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: November 18, 2013, 10:34:26 PM
Hierophant compresses his lips as he sees that one of the grunts didn't call their Pokemon back before charging at the obviously overpowered dragon Pokemon with nothing less than a line of patches on his arms.  Worried that the fainted Pokemon would suffer more than their brazen trainer, he slips through the bushes and attempts to pull them out of the ensuing conflict.

MAKE WAY FOR HAJIME'S DRAGON DELIVERY EXPRESS!!! 8D

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: November 19, 2013, 12:26:43 AM
“Mom I’m home!” Sakura shouted as she opened the door.

“Sakura you’re home early, did something happen?” Her mom asked.

“Well…” Sakura began as she told her mom that her friend was kidnaped by Team Flora.

“I had a feeling those Team Flora people were up to no good, like every other Team.” Her mom sighed “Just be careful Sakura.”

“I know mom, believe me I know.” Sakura said as she began to go up the stairs.

After 15 mins Sakura came down wearing a black jacket, olive green tanktop, grey pants, a black news boy hat and her back pack.  She also had her katana hidden in case of an emergency as always.

“Oh before you go, you got a package from that Professor Sycamore person.” Her mom told her as she held a medium sized package.

“That Professor from Kalos?   I remember he and Dad have been talking to each other for a long time now, Dad said he wanted to talk to me too but he’s always so busy.” Sakura recalled.

“I wonder what he wants the package he is quite heavy for a medium size package and it came with a letter.” Her mom said as she picked up the envelope on top of the box and gave it to her.

“Let me see that, why don’t you open the package and see what’s in there.” Sakura said as she opened the letter and her mom set the box on the table while looking for a box cutter.  She immediately smelled the scent of perfume as she read the letter with beautiful hand writing.

Dear Ms. Sakura Birch,

Bonjour and Salutations

My name is Professor Augustine Sycamore and as you probably already know I am the regional authority on Pokemon in the Kalos region.  My field of research is Mega Evolution however I am also very interested in the habitat distribution of the various Pokemon in the world which lead me to seek out your father.

Your father had a lot to share and I learned a lot but many of our conversations always ended up talking about you and your accomplishments.  To be frank your reputation is nothing short of fantastic! But what really caught my attention is your bond with your Pokemon to be able to tame such difficult Pokemon like Empoleon, and Mamoswine.  These are qualities of a fantastic trainer and I wanted to talk to you for quite some time.

However with the Team Flare incident and clean up along with my work I never found the time to do so unfortunately which is why I’m writing this letter.  Since I’ve pretty much been rambling so far I’ll get strait to the point.  In recognition of your accomplishments I present to you the ability to evolve your Pokemon further, the ability to Mega Evolve.  In order to Mega Evolve your Pokemon you need 3 things a key stone, the Mega Stone for certain Pokemon and a bond with your Pokemon.  I think you have the qualities necessary to Mega Evolve your Pokemon.

In my package I have included a few Mega Stones and which Pokemon can use them as well as a Keystone to invoke Mega Evolution.  Use this ability to become even more fantastic.  If you have any more questions I have included my number so you can ask them.

Sincerely,

Professor Augustine Sycamore

Sakura stared long and hard at the contents of the letter somewhat confused.

“Why does this guy have to use ‘fantastic’ so much and why does this letter have to be so smelly?” Sakura asked out loud with an eyebrow raised.

“Oh my look at these jewels!” Her mom exclaimed.

Sakura looked over to the content of the box and saw that there were 5 baseball sized stones and one marble sized one.  There were also a few accessories with indents for the smaller stone including a necklace, a ring, a bracelet and a pair of black fingerless gloves.

“Damn all this for Mega Evolving Pokemon, no wonder this stuff was heavy.” Sakura sighed and gave her mom the letter.

“This must have been a long explanation about this when he went to the post office.” Her mom said as she read through the letter.

“So these stones correspond with Blaziken, Gengar, Tyranitar, Absol, and Aerodactyl.   I know there’s at least 26 Mega Evolutions possible with Charizard having 2 separate ones but I guess getting all 26 or more would have been exceedingly difficult to ship.” Sakura said as she picked up the Keystone to take a good look at it.

“Hmm I guess these accessories are for that Keystone thing, do you know which one you want?”  Her mom asked.

“I think I want the gloves, jewelry can be easily lost or stolen and honestly that huge bracelet looks super tacky.” Sakura said as she took the gloves and put them on.  She noticed that it also came with grey patches to conceal the Keystone.  She figured with something as powerful as Mega Evolution a lot of people would want that power to themselves and thus it would better if she could hide it.  She realized that she must only use this power in an emergency.

“It seems you realized just how valuable these things are.” Her mom said knowingly.  

“Yeah I have to be very careful.” Sakura nodded as she placed the Keystone in the gloves indent covered the stone and put them on.

“Well I know you’re responsible so I don’t have to worry too much.  Before you go can you check on your father in Petalburg Woods, with what you said about Team Flora I…” Her mom drifted off as Sakura placed her hand over hers.

“Don’t worry that’s the first thing I’m going to do.” Sakura said as she got up, put the rest of the stones in her hammer space backpack and adjusted it.

“Good luck and be careful!” Her mom called out when Sakura got to the door.

“I will.” Sakura nodded as she opened the door and stepped outside.

When she got outside she was greeted by Xuangzang and Mr. Spook who was sitting in the basket of a bike.  The bike itself was an import from that was light weight, collapsible and green.

“Have you fully prepared yourself?” Xuangzang asked “You know full well how dangerous this is going to be.”

“I am, and I have some new toys to try out if push comes to shove thanks to Professor Sycamore.” Sakura said as she got on the bike.

“What kind of toys?” Xuangzang asked as he opened her backpack and eased himself halfway in.

“Well…” Before Sakura could go on her Xtransceiver rang and she picked it up, the address was her father Professor Birch. “Hello?”

Her father didn’t answer as she heard a small twig snap and a gruff voice demanding who was there.  Sakura made a small gasp but tried to be quite as not to give away his location. Then she heard the Xtransciever fall to the ground, the rustling of bushes and the men ordering a Razor Leaf.  The last thing she heard was an ear piecing yell from her father as he ran for his life.

“HELLLLLLLP!” Sakura heard as the footsteps got farther and farther away.

Sakura’s eyes went wide as she ended the call with tears in her eyes and a furious look on her face.

“Daddy….” Sakura choked out as tears ran down her face.

“Sakura…” Xuangzang said quietly understanding how grave the situation was.

“I won’t let this happen, I won’t let them hurt him.” Sakura said through gritted teeth “I’M NOT GOING TO LOSE SOMEONE ELSE DAMMIT!”

Sakura, with rage and determination recklessly rode her bike towards Petalburg Woods as fast as she could in hopes that she can save her father.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #82 on: November 19, 2013, 12:36:24 AM
(I'll take a necklace with a Key Stone!)

"Yeah, if only we had a bit more info," Taylor said.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: November 19, 2013, 12:38:53 AM
(I don't think Sycamore knows her friends but Sakura did pocket the other stuff because why not.  I don't think Sycamore would give more than one Key Stone, you might have to find another way to get one.  Sapph might already have one since he was in the Elite 4.)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #84 on: November 19, 2013, 12:47:21 AM
(Fair enough... I have an idea since Origins had Mr. Fuji give Red his Key Stone.)

"Anyways, I've gotta go. Important things to do, ya know?" she said, flying off to the Sky Pillar to check for Quaza again.

When she got there, he was just coming in to land. "Quaza! Long time no see!" she said, happily. He roared in mild disdain, and it was obvious he didn't want to be bugged. "Just thought I'd stop by, let you know I was back in Hoenn for a while. Say, you wouldn't happen to know anything about this drug issue going around the region, would you?" she asked, and was answered with a puzzled look. "Thought not. Anyways, gonna let you sleep now, later."

As she turned to leave, Quaza roared loudly and flailed a bit, knocking an old stone aside and revealing a mysterious gem within it. It roared again and smashed the stone, freeing the gym. "Is this for me?" she asked, and he nodded. "Nice! Wonder what it is... she said, pocketing the thing and leaving. "I wonder who I should go to about this?" she asked her Pidgeot as they flew away from the tower.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: November 19, 2013, 01:09:37 AM
Clefant slowly recovered from her crash landing.

Clefant - "Oh, hey no broken bones at least. Lets see how Pidgeot is doing."

Clefant looked at Pidgeot, despite taking a gust directly to the back, was relatively fine. A quick Potion and Pidgeot was back to excellent condition before she returned Pidgeot to its pokeball.

Clefant - "Well, according to that scummy official guy I gotta find people to adventure with or something."

Clefant looked around a bit.

Clefant - "Well [parasitic bomb], I actually have no clue where this is. Maybe if I look at this map I conveniently picked up while I was in Slateport..."

The map read "Petalburg Woods".

Clefant - "Oh joy, a forest right next to two small towns. This seems to be a common thing."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: November 19, 2013, 02:00:31 AM
(Oh something I forgot to mention, notice how Sakura said that there are 26 Mega Evolutions.  There's actually 28 but I don't think Sycamore or Sakura would know about Mewtwo's since there's only one and he's with Quickie.  Not Badass Sycamore that gives you a level 100 Mewtwo in the demo doesn't count.)

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #87 on: November 19, 2013, 02:08:00 AM
Professor Birch tripped and landed flat on his face as the Reflect bounced the Razor Leaves back. As for the Goodra's attack, the azure flames easily fainted the woefully under-leveled Pokemon. Grunts from the more rational organizations like Team Rocket would normally recall their Pokemon and flee, but since this is Team Flora, the grunt rolled up his sleeves and slapped several transparent patches onto his forearms. His eyes turned bloodshot and his veins bulged to the point where it appeared they would pop. He let out a feral roar and charged the gooey dragon.

"What the heck is he thinking?!" the professor exclaimed before he saw the patches and remembered, "Oh, yeah. Steroids derived from Tauros."
Sapph had emerged from the foliage after the Team Flora pokemon were fainted and was about to say something clever and threatening to try to scare off the grunts. But that's when one of them slapped on some patches and charged. "What the...?" Then Professor Birch piped up about what they were. "Tauros steriods? Seriously!?" He snapped, gritting his teeth. "Then I don't feel guilty about this. "Jelly! Power Whip!"

The goodra nodded and reached to the grunt, arms stretching, and aimed to strike with a whip-like movement. Sapph, however, was concerned that this may only stun the raging grunt. Hopefully, he wasn't right.

[Keystones are what are used in combination with the mega stones to mega evolve pokemon, right?]

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Pyro

• Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: November 19, 2013, 03:30:01 AM
The grunt went flying and hit a nearby tree. Unfortunately, it did not phase him in the least as he picked himself up from the ground. Something was seriously wrong though; his mouth began to foam and his breathing became highly irregular. He tried to recklessly charge at the Goodra again but then limply fell to the ground where he lay motionless. A few seconds passed before Professor Birch approached the grunt and tried to feel a heartbeat. He then shook his head with a mote of sadness.

"It appears that he overdosed. Such a shame," he said, "I had heard that Team Flora was using a combination of psychic control and drugs to keep their grunts in line but this... they are completely paranoid and irrational."

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #89 on: November 19, 2013, 03:41:49 AM
"Tch, dammit!" Sapph grunted, rubbing his temples. "I get the feeling this is another one of those 'region is in danger of destruction' things..." He sighed, looking around. "I was hoping to avoid that sort of thing for at least a couple more years..." He turned to Professor Birch. "So, who's the champion of this region? Should probably let them know what's going on before I overstep my bounds as a visitor to here."

(Should Sapph call out for Heirophant to 'come out of hiding', let him keep lurking, or is Heirophant already out of hiding?)

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Pyro

• Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: November 19, 2013, 03:44:21 AM
(Good question, who is the Champion again?)

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #91 on: November 19, 2013, 03:45:04 AM
(Sakura, last I checked.)

My thread of Random Crap

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: November 19, 2013, 04:17:09 AM
(It should be Wallace since Sakura beat Steven but declined the offer of joining the League.  However both Sakura and Steven have the same authority as previous Champions.)

Posted on: November 18, 2013, 06:46:21 PM
In Petalburg city the door to the gym opened and the gym leader Norman as well as a young man slightly younger than Sakura came out.

He had slightly pale skin, green hair and green eyes and was wearing a black short sleeved shirt and green cargo shorts.

“Thanks for the training Mr. Norman.” The young man smiled “I had a lot of fun today.”

“Anytime Wally, you’ve really been improving every day.” Norman smiled back at Wally.

“That’s good maybe someday I can be a great a trainer as Sakura, she’s the one who inspired me to do my best and overcome my asthma.” Wally laughed.

“Maybe someday Wally, maybe someday.” Norman nodded. “You both are great trainers.”

“Thanks, speaking of trainers how’s your son Ruby been I heard he went to the Kalos region to compete in their contests.” Wally asked him.

“He’s doing fine, he says Kalos is positively amazing and beautiful, he loves it.” Norman told him.

“That’s great, you seem to be proud of him.” Wally smiled.

“I am.  At first I didn’t know what to think when he decided to compete in contests when I wanted him to take over the gym when he was old enough, but when he started winning his contests and put his everything into them I decided that he should follow his passion.” Norman reminisced.

“It’s good that you supported your son, I’m sure he appreciates…it.” Wally stopped short when he saw something in the corner of his eye “What the?”

“Wally what’s the…Sakura?!” Norman said with wide eyes as he saw Sakura come into town.

However since it had been awhile since Sakura had rode he bike as such a distance and speed she was panting and out of breath.

“Sakura you need to rest, it wouldn’t do any good if….” Xuanzang warned her.

“I DON’T CARE!” Sakura roared “I CAN’T LET THOSE BASTARDS HURT HIM, YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY COULD DO TO HIM!”

“I know you’re worried but…” Xuangzang continued before he was interrupted.

“Sakura!” Wally yelled as he and Norman ran up to her.

“Wally….Norman….” Sakura said panting after she yelled at Xuangzang.

“What happened?!” Norman demanded.

“Team…Flora….Petalburg Woods….Daddy…in….trou…ble.” Sakura got out before she collapsed.

“SAKURA!” Wally yelled as caught her before she hit the ground.

“Have to….help him…..I….have…to help…him.” Sakura breathed heavily.

“It seems the shock of her father in danger as well as pedaling from Littleroot town took too much out of her.” Xuangzang sighed.

“I….can’t stop…..I…..have to….keep going!” Sakura said as she began to get up.

“Hold your horses Sakura.” Norman put his hand on Sakura’s shoulder to prevent her from getting up “You’re in no condition to fight Team Flora.”

“But Daddy-“ Sakura protested.

“No buts, but I will make sure your dad is okay.  I heard rumors of Team Flora doing something in Petalburg Woods but couldn’t act on it without proof.” Norman replied.  “But since your father is in trouble I can act on it.”

“Okay…but….be….careful…you don’t know….what those bastards can do….” Sakura panted.

“Don’t worry, I’m not a Gym Leader for nothing.” Norman nodded “Wally take her to your house and let her rest.”

“Gotcha, Sakura let me help you walk.” Wally nodded.

“Thank you….” Sakura nodded as she leaned on Wally’s shoulder while Norman ran out of town and towards the woods.

Offline Pyro

• Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: November 19, 2013, 06:11:57 AM
"Tch, dammit!" Sapph grunted, rubbing his temples. "I get the feeling this is another one of those 'region is in danger of destruction' things..." He sighed, looking around. "I was hoping to avoid that sort of thing for at least a couple more years..." He turned to Professor Birch. "So, who's the champion of this region? Should probably let them know what's going on before I overstep my bounds as a visitor to here."

"Wallace, currently, though Steven and my daughter wield the same authority as previous champions," the professor replied, "I'm more concerned with what Team Flora is doing here. It appears that they are capturing Grass-types, specifically those that can learn powder techniques like the Victreebell that poor soul captured. I have heard that Team Flora has taken over the illicit drug trade in Hoenn."

Mr. Spook hovered before Wally and Sakura in lockstep with them. He stuck out his elongated tongue pressed it against his own forehead, just above his red eyes. It was as if he was trying to tell her that her father was alright, in his own mysterious way.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: November 19, 2013, 06:16:15 AM
(Wait Wally's forehead?)

Offline Pyro

• Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: November 19, 2013, 06:22:31 AM
(No, his own forehead. Edited my post to reflect it.)

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #96 on: November 19, 2013, 06:30:38 AM
Sapph nodded. "Then we should probably tell all of them. 3 champions are better than one for this sort of thing." He said, nodding and finally returning his Goodra. "By the way, who's your daughter?" He asked Birch, completely unaware that the Professor's daughter was, in fact, Sakura.

(He's either forgotten or was never told.)

My thread of Random Crap

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: November 19, 2013, 06:35:50 AM
"Sakura your Gengar is doing something weird." Wally pointed out as Sakura stared at Mr. Spook's gesture and smiled.

"I think he's trying to cheer me up." Sakura laughed weakly "But Mr. Spook doesn't belong to me."

"He doesn't, why is he here then?" Wally asked as they got to his house.

"His trainer was kidnapped by Team Flora and he asked me for help." Sakura explained as they went in.  Wally's parents weren't in because they went shopping and will be back soon.

"What?!  That's terrible, you must be worried sick!" Wally said in shock as he helped Sakura to the bed.

"You would think so but honestly I think Team Flora is the one who has to worry about Pyro." Xuangzang piped up.

"Pyro?!  The Gym Leader of Lavaridge, that Pyro?!" Wally shouted "I heard that anyone who challenges him are driven insane!"

"I wouldn't be surprised, he does have that effect on people." Sakura chuckled.

"You know him?!" Wally cried in shock.

"Yeah, he's a nice guy he's just really funny." Sakura smiled.

"If you say so..." Wally sighed.

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
  • It's tough being an avatar when you're so restless
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: November 19, 2013, 06:42:37 AM
Hierophant listened with grim remorse for the state the Pokemon left by the now deceased grunt left behind.  He then sees the Pokeballs sticking out the side of his belt and walks over to it, not caring if he was seen.

He picks up three of the Pokeballs and points them towards the fainted Pokemon, causing them to glow red and fly back in, then picks up the fourth.

"Let's take these Pokemon to the Pokemon Center first," he said, "I don't want to release them from this man's ownership in the condition they're in."

MAKE WAY FOR HAJIME'S DRAGON DELIVERY EXPRESS!!! 8D

Offline Pyro

• Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: November 19, 2013, 06:44:58 AM
Sapph nodded. "Then we should probably tell all of them. 3 champions are better than one for this sort of thing." He said, nodding and finally returning his Goodra. "By the way, who's your daughter?" He asked Birch, completely unaware that the Professor's daughter was, in fact, Sakura.

(He's either forgotten or was never told.)

"Sakura," Professor Birch answered and then returned his Xtransceiver, "Damn it!"

He ran over to pick it up, "I was trying to call her when that grunt spotted me."