Sonic Boom - The Next New Sonic the Hedgehog TV series

VirusChris · 6999

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
on: October 03, 2013, 07:20:48 AM

This Fall 2014, Sonic the Hedgehog returns to the television world once again! But there's a catch! The show is going to be CGI instead of the usual animated appearance for our furry friends and the characters have a revised looks for them for this newest adventure in the blue blur's journey!

Move as quickly as you can when it airs on Cartoon Network in the US and CANAL J & GULLI in France (with a global release soon after!) or else the blue blur will leave you in the dust!

Sonic Boom is a "character-driven comedy" series with Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy battle against the evil Dr. Eggman along with both old and new characters into the mix!

Now that, that's out of the way... why the heck? Why does it look like Sonic has bed head and is he wearing a jacket? And what did they do to Knuckles? They supper buffed him up! o_0

And Amy looks the same except her dress has a different look to it now, though Tails looks safely the same as before. Not sure who the VAs are (but most likely the same as the current Sonic voices), but...

I'm not liking the new direction there are going with this. >_>;
I was skeptically with "Beware the Batman" which is a CGI Batman series that doesn't have Batman's A-Gallery Villains and the lesser known ones (except for Ra's al Gul) and I'm liking it despite Alfred uses guns to fight and there's no Robin but a girl named Katana being Batman's side-kick.

Though I hope it's good despite the... weird looks for the characters even if it's just silhouettes of them, but what do you guys think?

Source:
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/10/02/sonic-hedgehog-see-new-sonic-boom-animated-tv-series-2014/

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 07:39:59 AM
So far I'm not holding my breath, it could be good or it could just be "meh". The designs though look awful from those silhouettes, Sonic looks like he's wearing a vest. Amy's wearing som sort of frilly skirt or Tutu or something and she looks noodly as [tornado fang] and Knux looks like his neck has been cut off.

They're like Canada if they only did CGI instead of Flash animated stuff.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 06:58:56 PM
Want to say it might be good with its storyline and character development... but it's aimed for kids age 6 - 11 so I don't expect some deeper meaning beyond the silly shenanigans.

Though it might be like the old Sonic cartoons and those were good, but the redesigns here are putting me off.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 09:16:45 PM
I already saw this on FB and according to a comment response by the actual mods of the FB page, the regular game VAs will be voicing the TV show. I'd source it but I'm too lazy. Wait for me to get home.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 02:54:27 AM
Knux looks terrible.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 06:22:16 AM
Knux looks terrible.

Yeah, he's got fingers now...

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 06:29:32 AM

WHAT IS THIS MADNESS

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 05, 2013, 07:43:23 AM
Yeah, he's got fingers now...

I was okay with the design until I saw this.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 05, 2013, 08:48:43 AM

WHAT IS THIS MADNESS

MADNESS? THIS IS... SEGA!!!

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 05, 2013, 08:49:56 AM
MADNESS? THIS IS... SEGA!!!

Memes aren't funny.

Anyway, can't unsee the fingers now. Knux looks like some strange Crash Bandicoot character now.

Offline VirusChris

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: February 06, 2014, 10:03:56 PM
Which is why it's causing me to go "meh" on this. I mean Sonic X had its faults at times, but I overall enjoyed it.

And CG could be good, but redesigning the characters like that (based on their silhouette) is putting me off. I could handle they want to apply to the current and next generation to learn about Sonic, but keep the characters as close to their original selves.

Since this is coming out this Fall it's either late October or November and I'll pass judgement by then.

Posted on: October 05, 2013, 10:39:39 AM
Teaser Trailer to the show!

[youtube]3dm-AFKUmFw[/youtube]

I'll admit, the designs will be getting some use to but that there is Sonic's personality! Him messing with Eggman like that and the robot naming scene! Got a good chuckle from that, but it remains to be seen how good of a show it will be.