VG Music Thread

Acid · 126291

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: December 29, 2008, 07:34:33 PM
Jelly is the only winner in this thread, cause he's the only one to post Mario 3.

But everyone knows the win that's Mario 3's soundtrack, I prefer to post something not everyone has heard already.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #26 on: December 29, 2008, 07:35:51 PM
-Hitomi doesn't care about this kind of post-

It doesn't matter. Posted once, and winner it becomes.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: December 29, 2008, 07:36:23 PM
...I guess you're right XD

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: December 29, 2008, 07:37:19 PM
Except your all dum cuz this is not a competition thred.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: December 29, 2008, 07:38:04 PM
I lol'd. XD

Expect another mammoth post of old and new in a few.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: December 29, 2008, 07:39:04 PM
Except your all dum cuz this is not a competition thred.

Jelly is the only winner in this thread, cause he's the only one to post Mario 3.

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: December 29, 2008, 07:44:30 PM
Ah OK then. You're right. Thread is over.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: December 29, 2008, 11:45:28 PM
SNES Star Fox - Corneria

How do I put this....it's simply one of the best Video Game songs EVER.  This is one of those treasured moments of my childhood: the one when I play this game for the first time and kick some ass to this awesome piece of music.  You can imagine my utmost disappointment when Star Fox 64's Corneria level did NOT have this song in it.  Granted, I'll never be one to say that SF SNES is a better game than SF 64, cause it's not.  SF 64 is a better game all around, but SF SNES has the music better soundtrack, in my honest opinion.  I'm not even saying the SF 64's soundtrack is bad either.  I enjoy it a lot.  But still, and this isn't nostalgia talking, I think SF SNES's soundtrack is vastly superior.  I was so very happy when Brawl remixed some of my favorite SNES SF songs. 

SNES Star Fox - Space Armada

Which was Remixed into this:

SSBB - Star Fox SNES Space Armada

They also remixed the Corneria song I posted into this as well:

SSBB - Star Fox SNES Corneria

Which made me all kinda happy!  Ironically enough, they also chose the EXACT SF 64 songs that I wanted Remixed as well too. 

Star Fox 64 - Star Wolf & Star Fox 64 - Area 6 both got remixed into these tracks:

SSBB - Star Fox 64 Star Wolf & SSBB - Star Fox 64 Area 6

One last thing to mention.  If you don't say "CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT, STAR FOX!" every time you hear the Star Wolf theme, then I don't know what's wrong with you!   8D

More to come...

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: December 30, 2008, 12:36:46 AM
Not so fast Blues! You've activated my trap card!

*Click the picture for the full Star Fox 64 Soundtrack play list*

Now then, RPM might not know this, but PB & I have been going back and forth over which of the two (true) Star Fox games had the better soundtrack. PB is of the mindset that Star Fox on the SNES had the greater soundtrack. With its unique, upbeat and catchy chiptune style there's no doubt in my mind that it's of another class entirely when talking about VG music. The sounds and music of Star Fox 64 to which I am more accustomed to however, decided to go for a more dramatic and often times militarist approach. So which one works best? SNES or 64? Hajime Hirasawa's compositions or Koji Kondo's? Well, I'll leave it to you all to decide.

Some choice recommendations from the soundtrack from me include:

Star Fox 64 - Aquas (Amazing, amazing work.)
Star Fox 64 - Area 6 (Absolute Classic.)
Star Fox 64 - Boss Battle B (If this doesn't scream big [tornado fang]ing boss ahead, you're listening to it wrong.)
Star Fox 64 - Credits (If you don't feel a sense of accomplishment listening to this, you missed out!)
Star Fox 64 - Destinations (Nice way to set the mood for traveling through space.)
Star Fox 64 - Katina (To this day, I still consider this an amazing song. The opening from :00 to :07 is brilliant.)
Star Fox 64 - Sector X (Ominous and foreboding. Very atmospheric.)
Star Fox 64 - Star Wolf's Theme (How the [tornado fang] could I make a SF64 choice list without this one? CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT STARFOX!)
Star Fox 64 - Title Theme (Something about it after the initial fanfare reminds me of a Toonami ad spot, "Space is The Place".)
Star Fox 64 - Warp Zone (Perfect "I can see forever!" music imo. Considering the warps were trippy, this works well. XD)

Also, be sure to check the comments on the side of these videos, they give a nice little history lesson on the makings of the Star Fox series.

Also, I gotta say the Brawl mix of the SF64 Star Wolf theme is one of the best musical moments in video games for me this year.

EDIT - Oh dammit all, I forgot my second favorite song from SF64, Zoness. XD

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: December 30, 2008, 01:27:52 AM
Star Fox 64 - Boss Battle B (If this doesn't scream big [tornado fang]ing boss ahead, you're listening to it wrong.)

Now, here's a perfect reason of why I also say that the SNES Star Fox is superior: The Boss Music.  I do agree with Jelly here that Boss B from SF 64 is awesome, and so are Boss A & C as well...but that's it.  Whereas SNES Star Fox pretty much offered a Boss Theme for almost every level, with a few repeats.  Allow me to share them with you!

Star Fox SNES - Corneria Boss Theme
Here we have the first boss of the game, with it's downright ominous opening and kick ass guitar riffs and drum beats.  Easily one of the best Boss Theme's ever.

Star Fox SNES - Asteroid, Space Battle
Not much, mind you, but fits the boss fight perfectly.  Also, with it's already awesome drums and violins and horns, it makes for an excellent boss theme!

Star Fox SNES - Space Armada Core Battle
Again, not much to this one, but you're simply destroying the core of a huge battleship to which you've flown straight into like the badass Arwing Pilot you are.  While flying in, you also are treated to this:

Star Fox SNES - Title Demonstration
I don't even need to go into what a great lead in this is, because they use this track to lead into the Main Title of the game, showing Andross' forces heading for Corneria!  Again, bad-assery at it's finest!

Star Fox SNES - Macbeth Boss
Here's where we get into a few Boss Tracks which so perfectly fit the boss that you're fighting.  Our awesome spinning top enemy on Macbeth deserved a kick ass theme to go with it, which fit it so well.

Star Fox SNES - Fortuna Boss
One of my favorite Boss Fights, because you're fighting a giant Two-Headed Dragon named Monarch Dodora, a CLEAR homage to King Ghidorah from Godzilla fame.  This song did him mucho justice-o! 

Star Fox SNES - Titania Boss
BYE-BYE!  LoL, I can't say how well this theme fit the boss, but that doesn't matter as it's easily one of the best Boss Themes EVER in VG History.  The kick ass guitar work on the intro is too awesome, and it only gets better from there!

Star Fox SNES - Venom Boss 1
It re-uses the main drums of the Asteroid Battle, but with the epic-y opening leading into said drums, not to mention the chip tunish kick-assity added to the drums make this track awesome.

Star Fox SNES - Venom Boss 2
LoL, only change here is the opening.  Move along!  XD

Star Fox SNES - Andross Boss
I love the eerie sound as Andross forms his all too famous, eye shootin', wall spittin' face, and then it goes into the main battle track.  Now this track, I can go back and forth between which I like better: The SNES or 64 version, cause both fit Andross extremely well. 

I could also go into just how awesome each individual Planet Theme is as well.  Perhaps I will later!

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: December 30, 2008, 01:37:52 AM

Well damn. I don't have anything planned to counter this one... YET. Good going PB. XD

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: December 30, 2008, 01:39:34 AM
Now, here's a perfect reason of why I also say that the SNES Star Fox is superior: The Boss Music.  I do agree with Jelly here that Boss B from SF 64 is awesome, and so are Boss A & C as well...but that's it.  Whereas SNES Star Fox pretty much offered a Boss Theme for almost every level, with a few repeats.  Allow me to share them with you!

Star Fox SNES - Corneria Boss Theme
Here we have the first boss of the game, with it's downright ominous opening and kick ass guitar riffs and drum beats.  Easily one of the best Boss Theme's ever.

Star Fox SNES - Asteroid, Space Battle
Not much, mind you, but fits the boss fight perfectly.  Also, with it's already awesome drums and violins and horns, it makes for an excellent boss theme!

Star Fox SNES - Space Armada Core Battle
Again, not much to this one, but you're simply destroying the core of a huge battleship to which you've flown straight into like the badass Arwing Pilot you are.  While flying in, you also are treated to this:

Star Fox SNES - Title Demonstration
I don't even need to go into what a great lead in this is, because they use this track to lead into the Main Title of the game, showing Andross' forces heading for Corneria!  Again, bad-assery at it's finest!

Star Fox SNES - Macbeth Boss
Here's where we get into a few Boss Tracks which so perfectly fit the boss that you're fighting.  Our awesome spinning top enemy on Macbeth deserved a kick ass theme to go with it, which fit it so well.

Star Fox SNES - Fortuna Boss
One of my favorite Boss Fights, because you're fighting a giant Two-Headed Dragon named Monarch Dodora, a CLEAR homage to King Ghidorah from Godzilla fame.  This song did him mucho justice-o! 

Star Fox SNES - Titania Boss
BYE-BYE!  LoL, I can't say how well this theme fit the boss, but that doesn't matter as it's easily one of the best Boss Themes EVER in VG History.  The kick ass guitar work on the intro is too awesome, and it only gets better from there!

Star Fox SNES - Venom Boss 1
It re-uses the main drums of the Asteroid Battle, but with the epic-y opening leading into said drums, not to mention the chip tunish kick-assity added to the drums make this track awesome.

Star Fox SNES - Venom Boss 2
LoL, only change here is the opening.  Move along!  XD

Star Fox SNES - Andross Boss
I love the eerie sound as Andross forms his all too famous, eye shootin', wall spittin' face, and then it goes into the main battle track.  Now this track, I can go back and forth between which I like better: The SNES or 64 version, cause both fit Andross extremely well. 

I could also go into just how awesome each individual Planet Theme is as well.  Perhaps I will later!
This post wins.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: December 30, 2008, 02:06:15 AM

Well damn. I don't have anything planned to counter this one... YET. Good going PB. XD

Oh, I know what I'm talking about!  Let's continue, shall we.  8)

Star Fox SNES - Main Theme
Now, one thing I love about this entire soundtrack, much like a REALLY well done Bond soundtrack, is how just about every track is unique yet still connects with the overall main theme of the game.  This is the Main Theme, played at the end of the game!

Star Fox SNES - Asteroid Field, Venom Orbital
Here we have the Asteroid, Venom Orbital.  If you've ever seen vids of someone playing Star Fox SNES, or played it yourself as you ALL should have, this track is absolutely perfect for both the Asteroid Field & the Venom Orbital approach.  It keeps the main Star Fox theme, and adds an opening and intensely suspenseful track all on it's own.

Star Fox SNES - Macbeth
Here we have another great example of the track fitting it's level perfectly.  Again, it keeps the Main Theme in the game slightly, but completely adds to the atmosphere of flying through the core of a planet, where Andross might set up a base.  That FIEND!

Star Fox SNES - Fortuna
Now here, we have a lush green world with randomly growing vegetation, as well as an oceanic part to go with it.  Fortuna takes you across a few different types of atmosphere, which this track completely compliments, along with adding in the Main Theme in an eerie and downright sexy way! 

Star Fox SNES - Titania
Another track to fit it's level perfectly, as it gives up an Arctic type feel to it with it's chip-tuneness, it's awesome background guitar at types, and it's frosty use of the Main Theme. 

Star Fox SNES - Meteor
Time to skim along the surface of a Meteor to this track.  Once again, fantastic use of the Main Theme, as well as a great track to signify still being in Space.  One of my personal favorites.

Star Fox SNES - Sector X & Sector Z
An Epic Track for Sector's X & Z, still using the Main Theme uniquely and quite frankly, kick-assily as well!  XD

Star Fox SNES - Venom 1 & 3
All you Melee fans should definitely recognize the opening of this track, as it was used on Corneria in that game.  Short, Simple, but still awesome use of the Main Theme at the end.

Star Fox SNES - Venom 2
Another Venom track here, which doesn't quite have all of the Main Theme in it, but makes itself different and yet similar to the sound of Venom.  Again, another fantastic track here.

So as I mentioned, like a really good Bond soundtrack, the SNES Star Fox soundtrack manages to so awesomely incorporate it's Main Theme into just about every one of their songs.  This is yet another reason I think, as a soundtrack, it's overall better.  Now, I leave you with the TWO Course Clear Themes, to signal my Victory!   8D

Star Fox SNES - Course Clear (Band Version)
Star Fox SNES - Course Clear (Orchestra Version)

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: December 30, 2008, 02:13:22 AM
You just had to go and murder my counterattack with detailed reasons why each track was great in your opinion. I guess me being lazy with my post didn't help much. XD

Ah well, in the end it's up to RPM to decide which one has the better soundtrack. I love SF (SNES) but SF64 is where it's at for me. We now return you to your regularly scheduled video game music discussion topic. XD

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: December 30, 2008, 02:13:38 AM
I think Starfox has the best bosstheme of the entire series, I mean the SNES Starfox.

And maybe you were able to notice by now, but I mainly look out for battle/bosstunes.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: December 30, 2008, 02:17:56 AM
I'm the same way with a lot of games. Most often though, in-stage music seems to just click with me. I usually wind up humming along whenever something I like comes up.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: December 30, 2008, 03:07:26 AM
I think Starfox has the best bosstheme of the entire series, I mean the SNES Starfox.

Which one?

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: December 30, 2008, 03:10:32 AM
Which one?

Oh, maybe the very first one in Corneria? ^^

* ~INCOMING ENEMY!~ *
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 11:52:11 PM by VixyNyan »

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: December 30, 2008, 03:11:48 AM

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: December 30, 2008, 03:27:52 AM
Hey can someone help me? Im looking for a place that has Mp3's of the Sonic 3D Blast Genesis version... all sites I go to have the Saturn soundtrack. Im looking for the other.
hlp plz?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: December 30, 2008, 05:15:18 AM
Oh, maybe the very first one in Corneria? ^^

The very very first one.

Ahhh yes, one of my favorites too!   8D

Offline Successor

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: December 30, 2008, 07:48:11 PM
Romancing SaGa 3 - Battle Theme:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxgLPrbSg-U

SaGa Frontier - Battle 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIvr_SBmpAQ

Both done by Kenji Ito, one of my favorite composers from video games.  I think he does the best RPG battle themes.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: December 31, 2008, 03:20:25 PM
This topic lacks some Killer Instinct main theme. God damn this song rocks.

KI2 version ain't shabby itself.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: December 31, 2008, 03:28:50 PM
This thread is developing greatly so far. Thanks to all who contributed. And please, contribute more!