Would Rockman X Benefit from having a better and heavy plot?

Irregular Ass-R-Us · 11861

Offline Arikado

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: September 12, 2013, 11:02:38 PM
I think the X series would have been better with Zero dead so we don't have to go through that whole bullshit. 
To each their own, but I think it would have been better if the series ended after X5, and if X wasn't such a whiny piece of [parasitic bomb].

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #26 on: September 12, 2013, 11:03:21 PM
inb4 Azerus feels PB's wrath.

And just throw in my two cents: I played Mega Man X2 (US), never cared for the story, yet I still enjoy the game for what it is.

8D

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: September 12, 2013, 11:04:13 PM
To each their own, but I think it would have been better if the series ended after X5, and if X wasn't such a whiny piece of [parasitic bomb].

Very true either that or if Zero never died in the first game so X2 and 3 wouldn't happen.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Irregular Ass-R-Us

• Dedicated Pompous Gimpy Douchebag With A Burning Passion! (◥▶◀◤).
  • Robot Master
  • Ultra Super Godly Royal [Top Spin]. (◥▶◀◤)
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: September 12, 2013, 11:12:14 PM
Haha, fair enough! :)

It's pretty funny when people waste hours screaming that they don't care (when clearly they do). It's the Internet argument version of Taylor Swift writing a song about how she doesn't think about her ex anymore.
Haha, fair enough! :)

It's pretty funny when people waste hours screaming that they don't care (when clearly they do). It's the Internet argument version of Taylor Swift writing a song about how she doesn't think about her ex anymore.

No you see i intetionally like insulting trash like you. Does that mean i care what you say? Does that mean i want to change your opinion? No i just like insulting you because i feel like it. in reality i do think it is fun to insult people who annoy you, but it doesn't mean i care does it?

Posted on: September 12, 2013, 09:09:56 PM
I can't wait until we get some peace from idiocy.

Like that'll ever happen though.

Coming from someone who looks ugly and obese and think they are `Awesome` i find that quite funny.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #29 on: September 12, 2013, 11:12:37 PM
so you LIKE insulting people, eh...

hmm... pretty sure there's a few things in DA RULES that don't take kindly to actions like that

if i'm not mistaken, there's a passage explicitly saying no personal attacks, which your discussion seems to have devolved entirely into...

but what do i know? i'm not a mod.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Irregular Ass-R-Us

• Dedicated Pompous Gimpy Douchebag With A Burning Passion! (◥▶◀◤).
  • Robot Master
  • Ultra Super Godly Royal [Top Spin]. (◥▶◀◤)
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: September 12, 2013, 11:15:06 PM

hmm... pretty sure there's a few things in DA RULES that don't take kindly to actions like that

if i'm not mistaken, there's a passage explicitly saying no personal attacks, which your discussion seems to have devolved entirely into...

Yeah i guess so, but do unless a mod comes you are pretty much useless.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: September 12, 2013, 11:15:48 PM
Hey see the people with green text in their names, guess what those are?

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #32 on: September 12, 2013, 11:16:26 PM

Oooooh yeah, that it had.  

Welcome to the line, Irregular.  You just crossed it.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: September 12, 2013, 11:37:59 PM
Hahaha, your ignorance and idiocy is amazing. Its amusing. Your putting words in my mouth. READ its good for you, i said the tiniest as in a if there is no tiny microscopic piece of story the game would be meaningless. FF1 has a small story does it not? Do you understand the word Tiny at all or are you to idiotic use a dictionary. Tetris gives you the tiniest piece of story, get points and you win. That can count as the tiniest most smallest piece of story. Mario gives you the smallest piece of story, in fact fairy tales are stories arent they? Mario and Zelda have generic fairy tail stories, save the princess and defeat the evil power that stands in your way. You say you studied a piece of shakespeare but your idiocy is amusing me a lot.

Well I guess I'm wro...hang on a sec...

Tetris gives you the tiniest piece of story, get points and you win. That can count as the tiniest most smallest piece of story.

:o

"Get points and you win" is a STORY? Did I just read/quote that, or am I putting words in your mouth? That's [tornado fang]ing priceless, and might be the quote of the year. That's not a story. That's an objective, an aim, or a goal. There's a HUUUUGE difference. But ignoring that for a moment, I for one LOVE how you absolutely ignored this part of what you quoted...

For the record, I never said the X series needed no story whatsoever. I simply said that it did not need a "better and heavy plot" which was the topic of this whole post to begin with.

Hilarious. Moving on...

Yes i guess it does have a story with quests like: Go there and talk to him. Kill X amount of monsters,Get this item. Its a generic storyline that is executed poorly. Its the same as Zelda and super mario brothers just in 3D.

Funny, I kinda recall talking with NPC characters about certain character's history and such in The Old Republic. In fact, it was quite similar to the Knights of the Old Republic non-MMO games I played in the past. But I guess that cannot compare to the Machiavellian genius that is the X series.

Story is not a sidenote. If i gave you a game that has no information , no dialgoues and no elements of story, what so ever not even the tiniest microscopic piece of story. Would you say story is a sidenote?

I would if it's Tetris or Dr. Mario. Or even Super Mario Bros, which does not tell you anything at all what you have to do in the actual game (and not the Instruction Booklet) outside of "But Our Princess Is In Another Castle." However, apparently objectives & goals are stories in your mind, so that kinda explains that...

I never said anything like that, i said i understand and at the same time being a single developer who had no programming knowledge what so ever, being a spriter, trying to learn composing music, studying for the tests, and i started a year ago with no programming knowledge what so ever do you expect me to make something in lets say 3 months? If you do then you are clearly ignorant and know nothing of how hard it is to develop a game that is near perfect. Games take more than one year to make especialy since i am developing the game my self. Of course lazy ignorant trash like you does not know anything about game developing. What games have YOU made? If you think you are a better developer than me then lets those games you have made. I never said to bow down or kneel before me at all. I just said i understand as novelist and game developer, how does that equate to me saying bow down and kneel before me  -AC,

That's not at all what you said actually. Here, allow me to retrieve your EXACT words...

I know this as novelist and Game developer. I find it pathetic how localization dumbs down games. That is probably why you are nothing but a mindless drone who is illiterate and cannot understand or bother reading the story.

Here, I "boldeded" the important part. There's a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE difference between saying "I understand" and "I know" something, as well as claiming to be a novelist & game developer when you have not written any novels or developed any games. The proper response would have been "I am learning the skills necessary to develop games in the future." Notice the difference? One is less smug and self-entitled than the other.

Hahahaha, as for the other part of that quote, I never once proclaimed to be either a novelist nor a game developer. I have no idea what it's like to develop a game. I have no interest in game development and I admire those that do go out of their way to do something they love. But when some smarmy little twat asks a question in a public forum then turns around and insults someone who doesn't quite agree with said twat, I tend to insult back. That is why I asked whether I should bow or kneel before the fact that, and these are YOUR OWN WORDS here "I know this as novelist and Game developer."

Haha. i asked this question hoping i would not get generalizing idiots like you who think that only RPGs are capable of a heavy story. No not really i never said everyone will agree, your generalization about RPGs only having a story is what angered me. Most people here except you have not agreed with me which is what i expected, at least they don't act like generalizing idiots you.

LoL. Now who's putting words in people's mouths?

If you had a deep involved plot, it would probably take up a lot of the game's time and side scrollers are best when they are fast paced. This is not an RPG.

Is THAT what you called generalization? I just used an RPG as an example where heavy plot tends to work best. Somehow, that equated to me generalizing that RPGs are capable of a heavy story. One of my favorite series of all time, the Zone of the Enders series (made by the same guy mind you), is pretty plot heavy. And I enjoy it. I enjoy it a lot. ZOE2 is my 4th favorite game of all time. It's not an RPG though. All I said was that I don't think side scrollers would benefit from having a better and heavy plot.

I never said that in Rpgs were you create your own classes and go on a adventure is bad. You are simply putting words in my mouth, my favourite RPG is Final Fantasy IV because for its time and even now it has a really good story. I love FF III because of the difficulty and Jobs while learning the lore of the world.

LOL. I never said that you said that they were better. I was just providing an example of when I think story works best. Sheeeeeeesh. XD

And awwwww, this topic is locked now. Ah well!