Would Rockman X Benefit from having a better and heavy plot?

Irregular Ass-R-Us · 11859

Offline Irregular Ass-R-Us

• Dedicated Pompous Gimpy Douchebag With A Burning Passion! (◥▶◀◤).
  • Robot Master
  • Ultra Super Godly Royal [Top Spin]. (◥▶◀◤)
    • View Profile
Hi guys.
I am a huge of fan of heavy and deep plots. I was wondering if the X series would benefit more if it had a more heavy and deep plot to it.

What i mean by that is, having something like revealing each past of the boss and maybe showing their relationship with other hunters and X himself. Making Sigmas betrayal look more evil and deep.

Instead of having a virus, i think the first X game would have made much more sense  and been better if the reploids did it out of free will.

I would like to see a transition of a Heroic Commander to a Power hungry Tyrant. Also it would be nice if Sigma was a Mentor to a X and X admired him before he started a rebellion.

It would develop X better.

If reploids did it out of free will then i would like to see X struggle between which side he should fight for.

It would be also interesting to see Zero turn into a hunter because the virus would not exist, he would be hard to capture, so i would like to see X going against Zero and making him into a hunter.

Maybe if Zero was unstable, then he would be in a reploid cognitive repair centre , where the scientists are trying to fix his bug which makes him go insane.

I would also like it better if X was helping Zero recover and train him into a hunter. It would make their friendship better and would equally develop them better.

Anyway, what about you guys? Would you think a better story would benefit the X series a bit more.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 06:28:14 PM
Not really, no.

If you had a deep involved plot, it would probably take up a lot of the game's time and side scrollers are best when they are fast paced. This is not an RPG.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 07:18:51 PM
You are implying that the X series doesn't already try to have a deep plot. The whole connection to Wily, Wily's presence in the world, the Sigma Virus, and all that, are not quite so shallow to start with.

X6 tried, and succeeded IMO, in conveying what felt like a rich narrative with fleshed out characters. You could swear you skipped a game, since everyone seems to know each other somehow.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 08:08:37 PM
You are implying that the X series doesn't already try to have a deep plot. The whole connection to Wily, Wily's presence in the world, the Sigma Virus, and all that, are not quite so shallow to start with.

X6 tried, and succeeded IMO, in conveying what felt like a rich narrative with fleshed out characters. You could swear you skipped a game, since everyone seems to know each other somehow.

(Excluding X1) X6,X5,X4,X2 were good and deep but X7 and X8 messed up the storyline. The whole virus thing was shallow , you could not even see the virus until X5 or know how it works, how it looks like and etc. Also there should be pasts about bosses or why they joined Sigma, everything should have been more detailed.

As i said before, it would have been a lot better if reploids rebelled of their own will because then it would show how far robotics have progressed since reploids are near perfect and enhanced versions of their masters.

The story would have been much more deeper and heavier and made more sense as opposed to being infected by a unknown virus that no-one knows what it looks like. X and Zero could have a deeper and better friendship because Zero knows of his destructive past and had to be treated with X supporting him, and Zero later becoming an irregular hunter because X trained him and understood the pain he went through.

Wilys appearance is not shallow but rather interesting considering he is the virus. So yes i am implying that for my tastes the X series is not deep enough in story X6 was deep and i loved it as well as the gameplay.

Posted on: September 12, 2013, 05:54:41 PM
Not really, no.

If you had a deep involved plot, it would probably take up a lot of the game's time and side scrollers are best when they are fast paced. This is not an RPG.

Play X6,X5,X4,X2 which had a deep story and kept action. At the same time are you generalizing that a deep plot and a side scroller don't go together? Because there are side scrollers with a heavy and deep plot and at the same time RPGs are not the only ones with a deep story in fact there are lot more games other than RPGs that have a good story. The MGS series is a good series which has both, the Zelda series which is a puzzle and action hybrid has a interesting story, Irregular Hunter X had a good OVA there is more i can mention. What does a heavy plot have to do with the gameplay? Its the way the plot
is executed for example X8 did a very good of the storytelling by having the characters talk after each battle and have some cutscenes during the end. The Rockman Zero/ZX series also carried out story really well which is why it is my favourite series.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 08:30:07 PM
Play X6,X5,X4,X2 which had a deep story and kept action. At the same time are you generalizing that a deep plot and a side scroller don't go together? Because there are side scrollers with a heavy and deep plot and at the same time RPGs are not the only ones with a deep story in fact there are lot more games other than RPGs that have a good story. The MGS series is a good series which has both, the Zelda series which is a puzzle and action hybrid has a interesting story, Irregular Hunter X had a good OVA there is more i can mention. What does a heavy plot have to do with the gameplay? Its the way the plot
is executed for example X8 did a very good of the storytelling by having the characters talk after each battle and have some cutscenes during the end. The Rockman Zero/ZX series also carried out story really well which is why it is my favourite series.

I've played X2, X4, and X5. One day I'll get to X6. But allow me to explain something; X2's story is NOT deep. There is no character development, no heavy handed background into either X, the X-Hunters, any of the Mavericks, or even Sigma really. X4 had a "deeper story", but only for one character, but the problem with X4 onward is that the story got convoluted almost to the point of utter stupidity, especially around X7.

If you go by what you said about "the way the plot is executed" then the best story in the X series is X1, because it tells you everything you need to know about the plot of the game without long, boring, hopefully skippable cutscenes. It does not interfere with the gameplay at all. It does not slow it down. You bring up MGS. While I don't play MGS, my friend who is huge into MGS hated MGS4 because there are parts where it's the equivalent of watching a movie at times, and I don't play games to watch movies.

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 08:52:07 PM
I've played X2, X4, and X5. One day I'll get to X6. But allow me to explain something; X2's story is NOT deep. There is no character development, no heavy handed background into either X, the X-Hunters, any of the Mavericks, or even Sigma really. X4 had a "deeper story", but only for one character, but the problem with X4 onward is that the story got convoluted almost to the point of utter stupidity, especially around X7.

If you go by what you said about "the way the plot is executed" then the best story in the X series is X1, because it tells you everything you need to know about the plot of the game without long, boring, hopefully skippable cutscenes. It does not interfere with the gameplay at all. It does not slow it down. You bring up MGS. While I don't play MGS, my friend who is huge into MGS hated MGS4 because there are parts where it's the equivalent of watching a movie at times, and I don't play games to watch movies.

Your friend obviously is not into MGS since it was like that from the beginning (Excluding MG and MG2). Saying X2 is not deep for someone who does not even bother to read or understand stories is amusing, so you are saying you don't find it strange on how Serges knows so much about Zero ? Being able to revive him and control him even though Zeros body is unable to be analyzed by anyone else other than Wily? X2 for ITS TIME had a some what deep story. X4 did have a deeper story for Zero but also for X because in the end he was wondering if he will go Irregular some day, he has developed really well up to X6 form X4. So basically your attention span has to be really low if you cannot even read short cutscenes like in X3, X4 and X5. The cut scenes are not movies that span up to 10 minutes they are about 5 minutes long which shows that you must be a simple minded drone that just goes and shoots at random stuff without realizing what is going on.

I bet you have not even played the Zero/ZX series have you? Probably because you are illiterate and never bothered to read a book. A story adds more depth to a game, it makes you learn about the game and its world, it lets you connect with characters and feel how they feel that is why story is important but mindless drones like you could never understand it. Its quite sad and amusing at how small minded you are.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 09:07:16 PM
Saying X2 is not deep for someone who does not even bother to read or understand stories is amusing, so you are saying you don't find it strange on how Serges knows so much about Zero ? Being able to revive him and control him even though Zeros body is unable to be analyzed by anyone else other than Wily? X2 for ITS TIME had a some what deep story.

Haha, ignoring everything else for the moment, allow me to ask a question...

Is any of what you just said described in the original SNES game itself?

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 09:10:16 PM
*sigh*Re-read the FOR ITS TIME in my post. Amusing how ignorant you are.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 09:12:21 PM

You didn't answer my question. I'll ask again.

Is anything of what you just talked about...

how Serges knows so much about Zero ? Being able to revive him and control him even though Zeros body is unable to be analyzed by anyone else other than Wily?

...mentioned at all during the game itself?

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 12, 2013, 09:14:25 PM
Final Fantasy 4 says hi.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 12, 2013, 09:22:00 PM
Final Fantasy 4 says hi.
Agreed.

You didn't answer my question. I'll ask again.

Is anything of what you just talked about...

...mentioned at all during the game itself?

Yes it did. The unification project which its sole purpose was to revive Zero and use him for their needs. Remember the phrase:`Being defeated by the robotic memento of Right...such regret..` which he said? Don`t you think that the only person to know Dr.Right is Dr.Wily and Wily is supposed to be dead. So yes what i explained actually happens in the game. Read the wiki if you don`t believe me or play the game using your eyes. Without Serges this whole operation would be useless since he knows Zeros body well yet there are other reploid scientists who may be on par with him.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 12, 2013, 09:40:26 PM
Yes it did. The unification project which its sole purpose was to revive Zero and use him for their needs. Remember the phrase:`Being defeated by the robotic memento of Right...such regret..` which he said? Don`t you think that the only person to know Dr.Right is Dr.Wily and Wily is supposed to be dead. So yes what i explained actually happens in the game. Read the wiki if you don`t believe me or play the game using your eyes. Without Serges this whole operation would be useless since he knows Zeros body well yet there are other reploid scientists who may be on par with him.

Which game, RockMan X2 or MegaMan X2? You see, this is the problem when things are poorly translated when brought over here. If you go by what the original game that we got in the US tells us, there is no connection between Serges & Wily. It's not mentioned in the game at all really. In fact, it's so bad that many people thought that X was Rock. So the game I got to play was terrible at telling that story because...well it didn't tell that story. And it doesn't matter.

Allow me to present the point to you that poorly translated or not, X2 is a fantastic game with or without the "proper" story. The story adds very little to the game itself. Until I read about it when I first joined this site, I had no idea how badly translated the US version of the game was. And you know what? Knowing about it doesn't change or lessen my enjoyment for it in any way. The story is a side note to how good the gameplay is, the different weapons and armor, the design of the Mavericks, the challenge (or lack thereof) of beating each X-Hunter etc. X7 could be [tornado fang]ing Shakespeare and I wouldn't play it because the gameplay is atrociously awful. Personally, I think the X series is terrible when it comes to storytelling. I still love playing the games though and I always will. But the enjoyment comes from actually playing the game, seeing if I can dodge everything or how fast I can get through it or if I can get through it without armor, and so on.

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #12 on: September 12, 2013, 09:51:29 PM
X1 had the best story, IMO.  It was deep, but not too deep, it made a lot of sense, and didn't require reading wikis or sourcebooks to appreciate the whole thing.  The X series has a VERY heavy plot, especially after the Zero series retconned a  whole bunch of information into it.  It got so complicated and confusing that I have to admit, I gave up on X as a whole.

As for Serges ... his presence alone doesn't make X2 deep.

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: September 12, 2013, 10:00:15 PM
Disagreed. If there is no story, even a little tiny bit of story or any info the game is meaningless. All you will do is play as a mindless drone which completes tasks , I find it utterly pathetic and disgusting, it makes me sick how pathetic some people are.

That is why i despise MMOs. Rockman X would not be as good if it had no story what so ever.

I highly doubt that you even know Shakespeare`s works or understand them at all. Even if a games gameplay is bad the story can save gameplay if it amazingly done.

Story is not a side note and should not be missed. Story and gameplay are both elements that need to be included no matter what, both have to be good to make a fully fledged game.

I know this as novelist and Game developer. I find it pathetic how localization dumbs down games. That is probably why you are nothing but a mindless drone who is illiterate and cannot understand or bother reading the story.

I really dont care what you think of story since you barely know anything about it. In the end people like you are sheep that cannot make their own decisions and are too lazy too understand or try to understand a sophisticated peace of literature.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: September 12, 2013, 10:01:33 PM
I think the X series would have been better with Zero dead so we don't have to go through that whole bullshit. 

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #15 on: September 12, 2013, 10:09:15 PM
Or at least make X as cool.  MHX did a good job of that, but it seems it was too little, too late.

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: September 12, 2013, 10:14:08 PM
X1 had the best story, IMO.  It was deep, but not too deep, it made a lot of sense, and didn't require reading wikis or sourcebooks to appreciate the whole thing.  The X series has a VERY heavy plot, especially after the Zero series retconned a  whole bunch of information into it.  It got so complicated and confusing that I have to admit, I gave up on X as a whole.

As for Serges ... his presence alone doesn't make X2 deep.

X2 had a bad translation. If it was translated properly then it would make more sense and be understood better. Serges who could be Dr.Wily who is planning to use Zero as he originally meant to be Wily`s masterpiece and was supposed to obey Wily. It makes you think how could Wily be alive or could Wily be a reploid? The main essence of the X series is deduction and speculation. CAPCOM said it themselves that they would like players to imagine and speculate about some stuff in the X series. One important aspect in story is imagination, if you don't imagine what could have happened then you wont enjoy the story full.

That is what the X series excels in, it lets the player imagine what could have happened or what happened, which makes it more fun and re-playable because each time you play, you can come up with your own story, and dive in to the world Rockman X making you feel connected to the game. Geniuses like Albert Einstein believed in the unlimited power of imagination, its what makes you feel more alive.

Posted on: September 12, 2013, 08:12:41 PM
Or at least make X as cool.  MHX did a good job of that, but it seems it was too little, too late.

Indeed. RIHX did a really good job of that as it makes you think more about X rather than Zero.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: September 12, 2013, 10:23:37 PM
Oh this is beautiful. I'm gonna have fun breaking this one down...

Ahem...

Disagreed. If there is no story, even a little tiny bit of story or any info the game is meaningless. All you will do is play as a mindless drone which completes task,I find utterly pathetic and disgusting, it makes me sick how pathetic some people are.

Puzzle games have no story whatsoever, unless I missed the part were Tetris is some deep seeded intergalatic war between Tetriminoes. Or the heavy drama about how Mario, once plumber now turned doctor, must save a sick dying child from ever present virus hell bent on the death of innocence. For the record, I never said the X series needed no story whatsoever. I simply said that it did not need a "better and heavy plot" which was the topic of this whole post to begin with. But let's move on, shall we...

That is why i despise MMOs. Rockman X would not be as good if it had not story what so ever.

You know, I really don't like MMO's either. To indulge this further though, I did play Star Wars: The Old Republic and will get back to playing one day. Not only does it have a story, it have multiple stories for whatever class you pick. Something like 12 separate stories all in one game depending what class you want to be. Soooo yeah, that point is moot.

I highly doubt that you even know Shakespeare`s works or understand them at all. Even if a games gameplay is bad the story can save gameplay if it amazingly done

Well besides the courses I took in High School & College, by choice mind you because I love Shakespeare's work (The Tempest being my favorite). But yeah, what do I know. As for a story saving game play if it is amazingly done... what if the game play is so bad that you cannot actually finish the story?

Story is not a side note and should not be missed. Story and gameplay are both elements that need to be included no matter what, both have to be good to make a fully fledged game.

And again, I never said that story is not needed. It is just a side note. Does the original Legend of Zelda game have that "deep" or "heavy" of a plot, or is it just about Link collecting the Triforce pieces, defeating Ganon, and saving Princess Zelda? Is Super Mario Bros. this long struggle about a plumbers hatred of turtles? Or is it about Mario rescuing Princess Toadstool? Those games have the most bare-bones plot possible, and they are fully fledged games.

I know this as novelist and Game developer. I find it pathetic how localization dumbs down games. That is probably why you are nothing but a mindless drone who is illiterate and cannot understand or bother reading the story.

Oh boy, a novelist AND Game Developer. Should I bow or simple kneel before your oh so omnipotent knowledge of literature and gaming? But for the sake of argument, please enlighten me as to what games you have developed and what novels you have written? Please. I'd love to give them a whirl.

I really dont care what you think of story since you barely know anything about it. In the end people like you are sheep that cannot make their own decisions and are too lazy too understand or try to understand a sophisticated peace of literature.

Then why'd you ask the question in the first place? If you don't care about the answer to the question "Would Rockman X Benefit from having a better and heavy plot?" then why ask the question to begin with? To pump yourself up knowing that there are people like you out there who think EXACTLY like you do or that there are people like me out there who do not think X games are "sophisticated peaces pieces of literature" that you can mock and call sheep.

For retrospect, do you know what my favorite RPG of all time is? It's a C64 game called AD&D Pool Of Radiance. In this game, you create six characters, name them, give them their class, stats, etc., then you go off on the adventure presented to you in the game. Wanna know why I love it so much? Because I can create my own backstory for my characters. That why D&D and role playing is awesome in the first place, because you're creating the story yourself. They are your characters, your creations. That is true imagination right there.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: September 12, 2013, 10:39:41 PM

Yeah, you really don't care what he thinks, you're just insulting him 'cause it's a fun pastime I guess...

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: September 12, 2013, 10:43:17 PM
I've never heard of a "peace" of literature.

You think Novelists would get spelling and grammar right at least.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: September 12, 2013, 10:44:34 PM
Yeah, you really don't care what he thinks, you're just insulting him 'cause it's a fun pastime I guess...

For the record, Ninja Lou can tell you first hand that insulting me IS indeed a fun pastime!  8D

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #21 on: September 12, 2013, 10:46:38 PM
I've never heard of a "peace" of literature.

You think Novelists would get spelling and grammar right at least.
I can't wait until we get some peace from idiocy.

Like that'll ever happen though.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: September 12, 2013, 10:48:55 PM
For the record, Ninja Lou can tell you first hand that insulting me IS indeed a fun pastime!  8D

Haha, fair enough! :)

It's pretty funny when people waste hours screaming that they don't care (when clearly they do). It's the Internet argument version of Taylor Swift writing a song about how she doesn't think about her ex anymore.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: September 12, 2013, 10:52:14 PM
Can't we just say that Capcom is never going to make another Megaman X game and be done with it?

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: September 12, 2013, 10:56:19 PM

Ahem...

Puzzle games have no story whatsoever, unless I missed the part were Tetris is some deep seeded intergalatic war between Tetriminoes. Or the heavy drama about how Mario, once plumber now turned doctor, must save a sick dying child from ever present virus hell bent on the death of innocence. For the record, I never said the X series needed no story whatsoever. I simply said that it did not need a "better and heavy plot" which was the topic of this whole post to begin with. But let's move on, shall we...

Hahaha, your ignorance and idiocy is amazing. Its amusing. Your putting words in my mouth. READ its good for you, i said the tiniest as in a if there is no tiny microscopic piece of story the game would be meaningless. FF1 has a small story does it not? Do you understand the word Tiny at all or are you to idiotic use a dictionary. Tetris gives you the tiniest piece of story, get points and you win. That can count as the tiniest most smallest piece of story. Mario gives you the smallest piece of story, in fact fairy tales are stories arent they? Mario and Zelda have generic fairy tail stories, save the princess and defeat the evil power that stands in your way. You say you studied a piece of shakespeare but your idiocy is amusing me a lot.

You know, I really don't like MMO's either. To indulge this further though, I did play Star Wars: The Old Republic and will get back to playing one day. Not only does it have a story, it have multiple stories for whatever class you pick. Something like 12 separate stories all in one game depending what class you want to be. Soooo yeah, that point is moot.

Yes i guess it does have a story with quests like: Go there and talk to him. Kill X amount of monsters,Get this item. Its a generic storyline that is executed poorly. Its the same as Zelda and super mario brothers just in 3D.

And again, I never said that story is not needed. It is just a side note. Does the original Legend of Zelda game have that "deep" or "heavy" of a plot, or is it just about Link collecting the Triforce pieces, defeating Ganon, and saving Princess Zelda? Is Super Mario Bros. this long struggle about a plumbers hatred of turtles? Or is it about Mario rescuing Princess Toadstool? Those games have the most bare-bones plot possible, and they are fully fledged games.

Story is not a sidenote. If i gave you a game that has no information , no dialgoues and no elements of story, what so ever not even the tiniest microscopic piece of story. Would you say story is a sidenote?

Oh boy, a novelist AND Game Developer. Should I bow or simple kneel before your oh so omnipotent knowledge of literature and gaming? But for the sake of argument, please enlighten me as to what games you have developed and what novels you have written? Please. I'd love to give them a whirl.

I never said anything like that, i said i understand and at the same time being a single developer who had no programming knowledge what so ever, being a spriter, trying to learn composing music, studying for the tests, and i started a year ago with no programming knowledge what so ever do you expect me to make something in lets say 3 months? If you do then you are clearly ignorant and know nothing of how hard it is to develop a game that is near perfect. Games take more than one year to make especialy since i am developing the game my self. Of course lazy ignorant trash like you does not know anything about game developing. What games have YOU made? If you think you are a better developer than me then lets those games you have made. I never said to bow down or kneel before me at all. I just said i understand as novelist and game developer, how does that equate to me saying bow down and kneel before me  -AC,

Then why'd you ask the question in the first place? If you don't care about the answer to the question "Would Rockman X Benefit from having a better and heavy plot?" then why ask the question to begin with? To pump yourself up knowing that there are people like you out there who think EXACTLY like you do or that there are people like me out there who do not think X games are "sophisticated peaces pieces of literature" that you can mock and call sheep.

For retrospect, do you know what my favorite RPG of all time is? It's a C64 game called AD&D Pool Of Radiance. In this game, you create six characters, name them, give them their class, stats, etc., then you go off on the adventure presented to you in the game. Wanna know why I love it so much? Because I can create my own backstory for my characters. That why D&D and role playing is awesome in the first place, because you're creating the story yourself. They are your characters, your creations. That is true imagination right there.

Haha. i asked this question hoping i would not get generalizing idiots like you who think that only RPGs are capable of a heavy story. No not really i never said everyone will agree, your generalization about RPGs only having a story is what angered me. Most people here except you have not agreed with me which is what i expected, at least they don't act like generalizing idiots you.

I never said that in Rpgs were you create your own classes and go on a adventure is bad. You are simply putting words in my mouth, my favourite RPG is Final Fantasy IV because for its time and even now it has a really good story. I love FF III because of the difficulty and Jobs while learning the lore of the world.