Why does everyone like Mega Man 3 so much?

DiveMissle · 20454

Poll

Do you like Mega Man 3?

YES!
9 (42.9%)
Kind of.
6 (28.6%)
No.
2 (9.5%)
I don't care.
1 (4.8%)
Why did you make a poll?
3 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: August 28, 2013, 01:35:03 AM
3 words, SPARK MAN'S THEME!

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=OZ2JxpBeeIc[/youtube]

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #51 on: August 28, 2013, 01:50:19 AM
The whole point of this thread was for fans of Mega Man 3 to explain why they like it.If I was trying to change people's opinions this thread would called MEGA MAN 3 SUCKS!!I just want to know why so many people like it :\
You weren't.  But it was clear MacDaddy was.  I'm not really interested in arguing about it.  Talking about why I like it, sure!  Going into a circular argument mostly about Doc Robot?  Not so much, no.

Well, to sum up why I liked it:

1) It's fun.
2) Nostalgia.
3) High jump / no death from pit cheats, broken Rush (makes it more fun)
4) The music's great
5) It introduces a lot of important elements (Rush, the slide, Protoman, "Wily didn't do it!",  returning robot masters, revisited stages are a precursor to the 1st castle stages found in later games, an actual STORY in a MM game (the Protoman plotline would go on until MM5 as simple as it is), robots with a second attack pattern after their life is low)
6) Doc Robot.  Controversial, but I'm on the "liking him" side of the coin.

You know what, though?  Those first two points are probably why the majority of fans like it.  

Offline DiveMissle

• Net Navi
  • I am doing a nuzlocke!
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: August 28, 2013, 01:53:07 AM
Thanks for the explanation Gauntlet it's very useful and a great explanation owob

I lost to Guts Man and only cried for 5 hours.

I guess you could call me MANLY!!!

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: August 28, 2013, 02:01:42 AM
I really wish you would stop shitting on my favorite Megaman game. It's hurting me. You suck and your Megaman 4 sucks even harder. Megaman 3 is better in every single way. It clearly reuses things and that's great because it's completely new for the first time. I mean, look how many times the Devil boss has been reused. People like things to be recycled from the older games, right?

Earlier you posted a review of Megaman 3 vs Megaman 4's weapons, yet you complained that 6 out of 8 weapons were projectiles. Gee, projectiles coming from a cannon, damn you Capcom for being so lazy and uninspired! I mean, it was clearly recycled from the last two games, so it sucks, it's old and moldy.

Megaman 3's Rush Jet is the best Rush Jet ever. Thanks Megaman 4 for bringing something new to the table and nerfing Rush Jet.

You clearly don't know how much good recycling is. If we didn't recycle, think about how many plastic bottles we would have in landfills! If we didn't recycling things, our planet would be a lot worse off!

Oh that's such a boring answer.

Oh I'm sorry, were you expecting something a little more flashy?

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=6886286

Also,

Okay, I'm just gonna chime in here since trying to explain why someone likes something is both pointless and silly, but how is MM4's final Wily Capsule not laughably-bad? He is so easily beaten with the uber-powerful glitched Pharaoh Shot that it's a goddamn joke.Even Arino beat him on GCCX for christ sake.

I lol'd

Offline DiveMissle

• Net Navi
  • I am doing a nuzlocke!
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: August 28, 2013, 02:06:29 AM
Wow,the poll is even 8D

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #55 on: August 29, 2013, 02:51:54 AM
2 reasons (among others)

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1UkE9h2zJg
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1UkE9h2zJg[/youtube]

2. Had to put these two together for the bigger picture.
http://themechanicalmaniacs.com/articles/mm3mysteries.php
http://tcrf.net/Mega_Man_3

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: August 29, 2013, 04:23:56 AM
The whole point of this thread was for fans of Mega Man 3 to explain why they like it.If I was trying to change people's opinions this thread would called MEGA MAN 3 SUCKS!!I just want to know why so many people like it :\
We know.
Don't worry.

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #57 on: August 29, 2013, 06:14:56 AM
hah hah hah, Megaman Mysteries.  I remember when you were useful and unique.  Good times, good times.   ~w~

Yeah, it has a lot of neat behind-the-scenes stuff that's fun to look into and speculate about.  Surprisingly, there's not a whole lot of Megaman games that have as many secrets.  You'd think there'd be more, but Capcom does a pretty good job cleaning up after itself. 

Offline DiveMissle

• Net Navi
  • I am doing a nuzlocke!
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: August 29, 2013, 06:29:40 AM
I'm glad the point of this thread is finally in action

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: August 29, 2013, 06:49:04 AM
MM3 was the game of my childhood. I was already obsessed with MM2, then 3 came out and introduced elements that no other game had before. It was really cool to see Rush, slide and Proto for the first time. They added so much personality to the series, not to mention their influence on the gameplay.

I still think MM3 has the most unique presentation out of all classic games. Even the colors are weird, kinda cold, which is interesting because the enemies look super cartoony. I still remember my first reaction seeing the giant spring enemy... compared to its MM2 "dad", I thought the update looked much more expressive and cooler. New stylish additions, like menus splitting into 3 parts, Mega Man's eyes following RMs in stage select, and Mega Man absorbing the Robot Master's power, were quite creative too.

My two cents on Doc Robots: I understand the irony of recycled content being praised as something new, but they do feel different IMO. It was a big deal seeing the alternate levels appear on the stage select instead of Dr. Wily, then Flash Man floating down and lending his power to a bulky skull robot. They were building up suspense and nostalgia at the same time. Even if the execution wasn't perfect, it was definitely genuine. If they really wanted to be lazy about it, they could have just ignored the Doc Robots completely. They had 6 fortress stages (same as MM2), and as we all know, those could have used a little extra work. I respect them trying to shake things up, even with Capcom pushing for an early release.

I learned to appreciate the weapon selection by watching and doing speed runs. Speed runs are incredibly demanding on Mega Man arsenals, and the best MM3 runs use weapons frequently. I think it's exciting because some of the weapons are very high risk/reward. The trick to using them well is often near pixel perfect (like squeezing a Gemini Laser just between the floor and a porcupine's projectile), and landing them makes a difference. There's nothing quite as satisfying as speeding through the last part of Doc Shadow with carefully timed Magnet Missiles. To me, that kind of thing hits the sweet spot between skill and concentration.  I have the SDA and SRL communities to thank for all those creative weapon strats.

Being the last NES iteration without an overpowered charge shot, MM3 is also a great game to do both 'no buster' runs AND 'buster only' too. 4-6's Mega Buster completely trivializes the weakness order, which is a pity.

It's pretty obvious that MM3 has flaws, but there's a lot of nitpicking too. There are more serious issues that people rarely mention, like Mega Man not firing for a couple of frames when turning/landing sometimes. I would also rebalance the [parasitic bomb] out of that arsenal if I had the opportunity anyway.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #60 on: August 29, 2013, 03:28:50 PM
hah hah hah, Megaman Mysteries.  I remember when you were useful and unique.  Good times, good times.   ~w~

I dunno, I still find it useful, visiting the page first before looking elsewhere.

Times does change, our old webpages falls down into the shadows, still there but nothing much going on (little attention by the overall internet public), while the next generations are taking over the spotlight. XD

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Soultrigger

• Resistance Member
  • Weapon Get!
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: August 30, 2013, 06:38:04 AM
Yeah... I'm not going to say 9 had a bad weapon line-up per se but I find it bad level design to force usage of said weapons to progress, never once did I find use for Tornado Blow or Concrete Shot outside of using them to dull out some obstacle...

Mega Man 9 easily has the best weapons of the series, mostly because they were far superior than the Mega Buster in practically every situation i.e. they were overpowered. The stage design aside from Wily Stage 1 never forced you to use any, which even then I don't see why this would qualify as a bad thing. That said, Mega Man 9 actually did have brilliant stage design and enemy placement which encouraged you to use your special weapons over your buster, and if you didn't notice this, I'd encourage you to replay Mega Man 9. Mr. Perfect and good Time Attack scores emphasize this point well.

I agree, I am actually curious as to why many players would rate Mega Man 3 as one of the highest in the series. If it's such an obvious choice, I think fans of 3 should be able to articulate these reasons easily if that was the case.

Personally though, I think the praise 3 gets is unwarranted. The OST is one of the best, but aside from that, I fail to see what 3 does over, say, 4 5 and 6 besides being more difficult because of the lack of charge shot. Perhaps I just lack the nostalgia goggles?

On the discussion of special weapons, I agree that I thought 3 had the (if not one of the) worst selection of special weapons. Most were less useful than your buster, and even the ones that were useful ran out of Weapon Energy way too quickly.

X6 IS one of the best stories in the X-series. Just also the worst translated one.

Well the X series has pretty bad stories to begin with (starting with X2), so that's not really saying much even it that was true. "Oh hey, it's not as [parasitic bomb]-ty"
X1, being the sole exception, is leaps and bounds above X6 though. Sigma's motivation of Reploid supremacy, X actually going against the odds, the interconnected elements with collecting power ups to match Zero and beat Vile. While it may have been simple, the themes really do resonate with players unlike the rest of the series. Honestly, after X1, the plots had no intrinsic value other than giving you a reason to blast and slice up baddies.

Bad Box Art Snake Man Joins the Battle!

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: August 30, 2013, 07:50:01 AM
Mega Man 9 easily has the best weapons of the series, mostly because they were far superior than the Mega Buster in practically every situation i.e. they were overpowered. The stage design aside from Wily Stage 1 never forced you to use any, which even then I don't see why this would qualify as a bad thing. That said, Mega Man 9 actually did have brilliant stage design and enemy placement which encouraged you to use your special weapons over your buster, and if you didn't notice this, I'd encourage you to replay Mega Man 9. Mr. Perfect and good Time Attack scores emphasize this point well.

The weapons are "The Best" huh?

Laser Trident= Basically a stronger megabuster, okay this one is good.
Black Hole Bomb= Slow moving projectile that sucks things in, it can be useful but its more conditional.
Magma Cannon=Atomic Fire that shoots in three directions, wow totally original 10/10 capcom, I never found any use for it.
Concrete Shot= Conditional, forced usage for stupid lava lasers in Wily 1 and stupid lasers in Wily 4, runs out of ammo too quickly to be of much use.
Hornet Chaser= Good for getting items and killing Mr. Angry Rock but not much else.
Tornado Blow= Forced Usage in Wily 1, can damage fire dragon miniboss but its not that great.
Diamond Barrier/Shield/whatever= Its a stupid shield. Good for telly grinding but [tornado fang] barriers.
Plug Ball = Okay it hits enemies on the ground guess what its not good for much else.

The stage design should not under any circumstance force you to use special weapons, you should always be able to rely on your buster since that is the most handy weapon in the game. That's not fair to people who either use said weapons to kill enemies then you're [tornado fang]'d because you don't have enough to move on. It wasn't a good idea in Megaman 1 with the Magnet Beam (Though the Weapon energy respawned IIRC, so it wasn't too big of a loss but if you didn't pick it up before hand you would be screwed.), it wasn't a good idea in Megaman 2 with the Boobeam traps (Not level design but its still a [parasitic bomb] boss.)

You say just Wily Stage 1, but Wily Stage 2 had those bullshit jumps underwater where you either needed to be pixel-[tornado fang]ing-perfect, use concrete shot or Rush Jet (If you could get rush to you without him teleporting away because of how [tornado fang]ing narrow those spaces were), or taste death by spikes.

And again, Wily 4 and the lasers you have to block with concrete shot. Unless you just suggest I run through them and take damage.

I'll say it again, Megaman 9 is terrible, the level design is weak, the game is basically photographic proof of capcom giving head to megaman 2 because its hailed as the best for some unexplainable [tornado fang]ing reason. Its totally cool that some people enjoy it but I don't get how people would want more games like it because it honestly isn't very fun.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: August 30, 2013, 08:16:09 AM
You're underestimating some of these weapons. Concrete Shot can be used as a small platform, it's quicker than Rush Coil to activate, and can even stick to walls to give you boosts Rush can't. Tornado Blow is not required in Wily 1, you can cross the whole thing with just Rush Jet. What T Blow does do is increase your jump height. Combine that with Rush Coil and you can jump from the bottom of the screen to the top. You seem to have a bias against shields, but you just acknowledge that Jewel Satellite is the most durable shield. And Plug Ball does crawl across walls and ceilings too, but I concede that that weapon is the least useful of the bunch.

Back to Mega Man 3, I see both sides arguments. It has a lot of flaws, but at the same time it does do some things right, introduced staples of the series, and is just fun to play. Not the most fun, but it's still enjoyable like all the other games. It's personally in the middle for me.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: August 30, 2013, 10:06:07 AM
Jewel Satellite answered my long-lost question of why the Shield Weapons never actually blocked shots. BECAUSE IT WAS INSANELY BROKEN! XD

Offline MacDaddyMike

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: August 30, 2013, 02:49:38 PM
Laser Trident= Basically a stronger megabuster, okay this one is good.
Black Hole Bomb= Slow moving projectile that sucks things in, it can be useful but its more conditional.
Magma Cannon=Atomic Fire that shoots in three directions, wow totally original 10/10 capcom, I never found any use for it.
Concrete Shot= Conditional, forced usage for stupid lava lasers in Wily 1 and stupid lasers in Wily 4, runs out of ammo too quickly to be of much use.
Hornet Chaser= Good for getting items and killing Mr. Angry Rock but not much else.
Tornado Blow= Forced Usage in Wily 1, can damage fire dragon miniboss but its not that great.
Diamond Barrier/Shield/whatever= Its a stupid shield. Good for telly grinding but [tornado fang] barriers.
Plug Ball = Okay it hits enemies on the ground guess what its not good for much else.

Wow are you doing this wrong.  Here, let me help:

Laser Trident - more powerful version of the Mega Buster with a larger hit radius and barrier-piercing ability
Black Hole Bomb - area-of-effect, can destroy any non-miniboss enemy in one use
Magma Cannon - attacks diagonally, can be charged for extra damage, the three shots can overlap to do insane amount of damage in one attack
Concrete Shot - freezes enemies, has platforming purposes
Hornet Chaser - homing attack, can pick up items
Tornado Blow - screen clearing, platforming purposes
Jewel Satellite - incredibly powerful shield, breaks 90% of the rooms in the game, is one of the series' absolutely most useful weapons
Plug Ball - super fast, can travel to hard-to-reach places to reach hard-to-reach enemies

Maybe you absolutely suck with weapons, but that doesn't make them sucky.

Mega Man Unlimited - Playthrough, Review and Criticism
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxNyTfF87xMRmb6jqKKTAmOrElKZkv3om

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: August 30, 2013, 03:52:46 PM
Wow are you doing this wrong.  Here, let me help:

How about no?

You have your opinions on weapons, I have mine. Don't go trying to change mine.

I don't like shields, I don't like weapons that expend too much ammo per shot. That doesn't make me "sucky" with weapons if I choose not to use them all the [tornado fang]ing time. I try to save them for when they're most useful to me, which is boss fights.

Offline Gauntlet101010

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Mechanical Maniacs
Reply #67 on: August 30, 2013, 04:31:09 PM
3 being better than other games .... well, I'd hope later games got most things right because it's been over 20 years since 3 came out.  It'd be pretty pathetic if MM peaked in 1990.  It's mainly about preference and fun.  Preference being dictated by nostalgia and fun being VERY subjective. 

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: August 30, 2013, 04:41:05 PM
I've always loved MM3.  I don't know if it's the stages or the extra bosses or the Proto man whistle, but it was one of the best IMO.  The final boss was a pushover, but easily cooler than alien Wily, who was also a pushover.  Top spin was worthless but hilarious.   The rush upgrades were fun.  There's a lot of other stuff.  It was also the first MM game I owned, so there's that too.

Offline MacDaddyMike

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: August 30, 2013, 08:40:42 PM
How about no?

You have your opinions on weapons, I have mine. Don't go trying to change mine.

Don't go trying to change Soultrigger's, then.

Mega Man Unlimited - Playthrough, Review and Criticism
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxNyTfF87xMRmb6jqKKTAmOrElKZkv3om

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: August 30, 2013, 08:45:05 PM
Don't go trying to change Soultrigger's, then.

Wow, I wasn't.

I was replying to his reply.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: August 30, 2013, 08:56:04 PM
All this arguing over a Mega Man game...

And it's not like anyone mentioned legends either. Then I'd understand. Everyone loses their minds when someone mentions Legends.

Jewel Satellite was broken as [tornado fang]. So it gets a pass.

T. Blow was meh aside from screen clearing or jumping high here or there. Fun, but situational to the extreme.

B.Hole was neat, but slow.

Trident was great.

C. Shot was kinda meh. It took out smaller enemies, and acted as a temporary platform, but i never found THAT much more use out of it than say, Rush. I felt it was really a bit more forced for the lava laser nonsense. On that note: how the [tornado fang] does concrete solidify that.

Hornets.. item hunting exclusively.

the magma shot was useless, I never found myself in a situation where i absolutely NEEDED to shoot diagonally, and usually, the hornets managed that just fine since they home in.

what else...

The plug ball was rather worthless IMO. Had few uses.

here's how I feel about 9 and 10.

9 feels more like a Mega Man game. (despite the cheap obstacles) but 10 is by far more original and just a better GAME in general.

3 is better than both of them though

Someone mentioned Sparkman...

Well how about Wily 3/4?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDkewKBEUxk[/youtube]

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Soultrigger

• Resistance Member
  • Weapon Get!
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: August 31, 2013, 04:23:43 AM
I don't like shields, I don't like weapons that expend too much ammo per shot. That doesn't make me "sucky" with weapons if I choose not to use them all the [tornado fang]ing time. I try to save them for when they're most useful to me, which is boss fights.

Actually...it kinda does. You don't use them outside of bosses because you think they suck, which is fine because hey, that's your opinion.
But that doesn't justify your argument that the weapons actually do suck, it could very well be that you failed to realize their utility and worked much harder (i.e. limiting yourself to the Mega Buster) than acquiring the same results with much less effort. In which case, yes, you aren't very good with the weapons because you fail to see their utility.

Now what I find funny is that you complain Wily 4 forces you to use Concrete Shot (I forgot about Wily 4), but then turn around and say Concrete Shot sucks. I fail to see how you would run out of ammo while claiming you hardly ever used the special weapons.

T. Blow was meh aside from screen clearing or jumping high here or there. Fun, but situational to the extreme.

B.Hole was neat, but slow. Black Hole Bomb is controllable ala Magnet Mine, and destroyed most enemies and projectiles, making it very versatile for killing enemies without getting in their line of fire. You could kill the Flame Dragon miniboss really fast with it, you can protect yourself from Wily Capsule with it.

Trident was great.

C. Shot was kinda meh. It took out smaller enemies, and acted as a temporary platform, but i never found THAT much more use out of it than say, Rush. I felt it was really a bit more forced for the lava laser nonsense. On that note: how the [tornado fang] does concrete solidify that. Concrete shot was an inexpensive alternative to Tornado Blow and much quicker than Rush Coil, making it incredibly useful for Time Attacking. It also instant killed smaller enemies, but its main utility is platforming. Oh noez, diversity.

Hornets.. item hunting exclusively. Actually, Hornet was also good for killing enemies outside their line-of-sight, though this gets overshadowed by Black Hole Bomb and Plug Ball. Useful for the first phase of the Wily Stage 2 boss because, despite not being its weakness, also kills the homing missiles.

the magma shot was useless, I never found myself in a situation where i absolutely NEEDED to shoot diagonally, and usually, the hornets managed that just fine since they home in. Magma Shot at point blank overlaps damage, even against Magma Man himself. Mostly useful on bosses when you ran out of or are conserving ammo. Also good on the flower mini boss if you want to save T. Blow

what else...

The plug ball was rather worthless IMO. Had few uses. Outside line-of-sight, and occasionally the bubble lead. Spammable.

here's how I feel about 9 and 10.

9 feels more like a Mega Man game. (despite the cheap obstacles) but 10 is by far more original and just a better GAME in general. 9 has more consistently good music, so give and take IMO.

3 is better than both of them though eh, no. very subjective.

Bad Box Art Snake Man Joins the Battle!

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: August 31, 2013, 05:30:42 AM
Now what I find funny is that you complain Wily 4 forces you to use Concrete Shot (I forgot about Wily 4), but then turn around and say Concrete Shot sucks. I fail to see how you would run out of ammo while claiming you hardly ever used the special weapons.

I run out because my shots miss the [tornado fang]ing lasers more often than not? They either stop right in front of the laser or fly past it, taking three or four shots to get it right because I can't judge the shot distance very well drains the ever loving [tornado fang] out of the weapon energy.

Sure, maybe I do suck with the weapons, some of them at least. But that's because that isn't my playstyle. I prefer using the Buster over everything else, which is hilarious considering I dislike the two games where the Buster dominates everything. Classic Megaman has always been a Buster game for me, Save a few specific weapons (Shadow Blades, Thunder Beam, Metal Blades, Pharaoh Shot, Needle Cannon, Slash Claw, Noise Crush, Thunder Claw, Triple Blade, probably something else I'm missing.) I don't find much use in the weapons otherwise, the buster does everything the other weapons can do efficiently enough that I don't stress too much about playing with the weapons too much.

Its the X games where I'm a bit better with weapons, at least the SNES ones.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #74 on: August 31, 2013, 07:35:50 PM
Sure, maybe I do suck with the weapons, some of them at least. But that's because that isn't my playstyle. I prefer using the Buster over everything else, which is hilarious considering I dislike the two games where the Buster dominates everything. Classic Megaman has always been a Buster game for me, Save a few specific weapons (Shadow Blades, Thunder Beam, Metal Blades, Pharaoh Shot, Needle Cannon, Slash Claw, Noise Crush, Thunder Claw, Triple Blade, probably something else I'm missing.) I don't find much use in the weapons otherwise, the buster does everything the other weapons can do efficiently enough that I don't stress too much about playing with the weapons too much.

See, this is why I think every Megaman game should let you use the buster and special weapon simultaneously, like MM8 and the X games from X4 onwards.  Gives you incentive to experiment because you don't have to drop your main weapon.

As far as arsenals go, I think MM3's is okay but a few of the weapons could stand to be buffed a bit.  I really think that Special Weapons should err more on the side of broken than under-powered.  Also, best arsenals in the Classic series are 1,2,8, and 9.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)