Mega Man: Rock Force

GoldwaterDLS · 25158

Offline thefallenalchemist

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: September 01, 2013, 02:12:01 AM
Guess I'll have to play the game again to see if the ending was changed up a bit. Great news though!

Offline Splash

• B-Class Hunter
  • Something here?
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: September 01, 2013, 07:10:40 PM
I noticed, that when you use Circuit Breaker while hanging on ladder, you will shoot only one knuckle instead of two.

http://quickmaster-exe.deviantart.com/
I like to draw... NOT!
Seriously.

Offline spd12

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: October 01, 2013, 09:42:19 PM
Once again, a new version's out! Once again, also beating Goldwater to posting about it here. Technically a few super minor spoilers, so censoring.

[spoiler]
Change log:

Mega Man can return to the buster by pressing A and S (both weapon swap keys) simultaneously.
    Changed spike appearance in Plague Man’s stage.
    Option and Save screens now transition much more quickly.
    Mega Man can now use Etanks by pressing start in pause menu. Jump still works too.
    You can now save after the Intro Level.
    Vsync mode added to options. (Requires game to be reset after exiting options to take effect.)
    Entire dialogue text will appear before advancing when jump is pressed.
    Metools attack much more quickly.
    Beat will fly off if Mega Man is destroyed.
    Mega Man can hold charge when game is paused.
    Added Menu option to stage select screen. Allows for access to password/save and title screen.
    Added Menu option to pause menu. Allows player to exit level or return to title screen.
    Enemy invincibility from buster shots has been shortened.
    Mega Man will not overlap a ceiling when falling from a slide position.
    Options menu has been changed around slightly.
    Edited respawn points of some enemies.
    Some cutscene artwork has been touched up.
    Mega Man will not jump cancel a slide if down is held.

Bugs:

Fixed missing blocks in certain stages.
    All Mega Man objects can refill health when lives beyond 9 are collected.
    Charade Clone shouldn’t damage Mega Man when it connects with spikes set to less than instant kill.
    Circuit Man’s block shouldn’t get stuck in the wall.
    Weapon Switch plate disappears when killed.
    Mega Man can’t switch weapons while teleporting.
    Mega Man can’t charge while teleporting.
    Collecting a large energy from Eddie in the boss rematch room will not reset the room.
    Cannot continue sliding once large energy is collected in rematch room.
    Dropped Eddie items will eventually disappear in rematch chamber hub.
    Mega Man will detect all blocks when going down a ladder (including barriers during pulse man mid boss).
    Fixed Mega Fart glitch.
    Hitting Virus Man’s flukes with anything more powerful than a buster shot will not make them invincible.
    Mega Man no longer turns green when he hits the ground while firing Phantom Fuse.
    Healing sound no longer overlaps.
    You can now see the bar fill when Mega Man has recovered health or weapon energy.
    Shock rails are no longer affected by enemy weapons.
    Shooting off a Phantom Fuse before a screen transition will not softlock the game.
    Charged shots do correct amount of damage to Joes when shield is up.
    When mapping keys, keys retain their identities even after being mapped to other keys.
    The cane in Charade Man’s stage now shouldn’t pull or push you into walls.
[/spoiler]

Go play it if you haven't already! Or go play it again.

Offline Darkflamewolf

• Megaman: Revenge of the Fallen Creator
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: October 16, 2013, 04:10:30 PM
I was pleasantly surprised by this little gem of a fan game. Fan games in general are getting better every year.

Offline Zynk

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: October 17, 2013, 04:00:09 PM
@spd12: I downloaded the latest update. I want to report an annoying gameplay 'bug'. Whenever I slide off a ledge, Megaman would not fall immediately esp. when pressing the opposite direction. And running off the ledge makes him float before falling. IDK if anyone has noticed this too.  -u-'

Offline spd12

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: October 18, 2013, 01:20:37 AM
I'll run this over to Goldwater, thanks for the heads up.

Offline Splash

• B-Class Hunter
  • Something here?
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: February 27, 2014, 04:51:40 PM

http://quickmaster-exe.deviantart.com/
I like to draw... NOT!
Seriously.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: March 06, 2014, 08:11:17 PM
I finally got a chance to sit down and give this one a spin. Zan and I raced it last night. Overall I was highly impressed with the game. While the graphics (backgrounds exempt) and story may leave a lot to be desired, the level design, stage gimmicks, and enemy design (gameplay) were really top rate. I find it even more impressive that you, GoldwaterDLS, were basically the entire core team.

It is, gameplay wise, the highest quality Megaman fan game I've played in the last few years at least.

The amount of options to change the way the game works is also remarkable. For the race with Zan we ended up doing mostly normal, spikes to MM2, and slide to Strong. That felt most like the official games.

During the course of the game I didn't experience any game breaking glitch, much less hardly any glitches at all. This is really impressive, especially since you're basically the only programmer on the game.

The arsenal was extremely useful, which I was very pleased to see. The game’s difficulty warranted most of it. It really put me through the paces.

I think the game ended somewhat anticlimactically though. Death man was really final boss worthy. He was so out of balance, it took more E Tanks to bring him down than any other boss for me. While in comparison the actual last boss required only one, and it was more or a precaution than a need.

I liked how the saved robots through the game end up filling the roles of Eddie and Protoman traditionally had in the old games. It really made you feel like you had buddies coming to help out. I also like the idea to include Tango, but for the difficulty and pace of the game I found Tango to be completely useless sans detecting where invisible ledges are. Speaking of Protoman; where is he? I kind of expected him to show up with all the other characters chipping in.

Graphically the backgrounds were really great for the most part. Fuse man stands out as really noticeably lower quality than the rest though. If you’re going to make changes, that one really needs it. It’s a shame the character sprites and cutscene art was really bad though. I think it would be worth looking into getting someone to give those an overhaul. You really shine in background art and map layout though.

Overall a fantastic game. It’s one I can recommend to many people I know. Be proud in your work. You earned it.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Shinryu

• Cyberelf
  • Passive-Aggressive Coffee Table
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: March 07, 2014, 10:04:17 PM
Got done testing out the updates to this a while ago. I have to say, the work you put into this continues to become more and more amazing, Goldwater. These updates are definitely going to warrant a second playthrough on my channel at some point.

Beyond that, I feel I should point out a small bug I discovered as well. If the Crypt Cloak is active, and should Mega Man die by falling down a pit (or by extent, die in nearly any other manner), the ammo for the Crypt Cloak itself will continue to drain. This also seems to happen if you finish off a boss while the Crypt Cloak's functions are turned on. While the latter case isn't too much to worry about (considering it's the end of the stage and all), the former one I feel could be in need of a fix.