If you could change anything you want in the X series, what would it be?

Irregular Ass-R-Us · 8303

Offline Irregular Ass-R-Us

• Dedicated Pompous Gimpy Douchebag With A Burning Passion! (◥▶◀◤).
  • Robot Master
  • Ultra Super Godly Royal [Top Spin]. (◥▶◀◤)
    • View Profile
If you could change anything you want to in the X series would it be? I would like to hear your ideas and opinions so feel free to put in anything you want  :).

Offline Cherrykorock

• Dr Light's other creation
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Zero can divide by Zero.
    • View Profile
What would you change?
I would change the voice acting in X7 for starters.
For better or worse there arent many things i want to change. All the good and the bad aspects helped define the shape of the series and im mostly content with it.

Maybe put some jokes in there.

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
The story telling and more gameplay advancements, i would change X4 ,X5 , X6 , X7 and X8 because i think after X4 things started to get confusing a little bit , i think i would rather change the levels of X4,X5,X6 a bit because most of them feel recycled with bad CG and don`t stand out like they do in the Super Famicon/SNES X games and i think X7 should have had more time to be developed because it wasnt good but it wasnt as bad as people think , if they polished it more , it would've been something amazing if it had more time , the idea was actually pretty cool to have a 2D and 3D battlefield. I wish that X8 was like X7 but better and improved but they were scared from the fans being angry about X7, but if they took the risk to make X8 like X7 but better then that would be really amazing since then the X series could have advanced more further and i agree with the voice acting , they should have dual audio.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Remove Sigma as a plot element (and boss) from about half the games, so he's the big recurring villain but not always the one at the end behind everything.

Like, remove him from X2, X4, X5, X7, and make the necessary changes for those plots to work on their own. That way when he comes back in X3 it would've been a big deal, and the anti-virus kill at the end might've seemed final. And then in X6 he's a zombie, which is too cool to pass up even if he's mostly irrelevant. In X8, him being part of the new gens DNA is kind of the basis of the plot, and with all the fake Sigmas everywhere it'd be a good way to end him, albeit not as good as X6's.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Make the humans more rational and less "OMG MAVERICK", so that we can actually sympathize with them.

In fact, show us some damn humans who aren't Dr. Cain. They're an incredibly important factor in the series (I think), and yet he's the only one we ever see, game-wise--and he vanishes after X3. Maybe show us some human Mavericks.

Offline Cherrykorock

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
I agree with you Align.
It would also make all the bit characters more potent.
In x2 they could have had that scrapped female hunter as the final boss.
X4 could have Iris as the final boss for Zero with Double for X.

I also agree that zombie sigma was awesome. And unless you used an ultimate armor he can mess you up if you dont beast his health with Metal Anchor!

Another thing i might change would be the 8 bosses schtick. No reason other then laziness we cant have more! Would make for a looot of weapons. Hell they dont all have to give you weapons! Maybe some give you upgrades that are really hard to find? Iunno i just want more things to shoot!!
Its just annoying that after you finally fully power up there are only 4 levels to play with that you didnt already beat. Frustrating!

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Absolutely dissolve the fact that it's set in the future from the classic series.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Absolutely dissolve the fact that it's set in the future from the classic series.
Make it separate would be a good idea, maybe an alternate timeline instead so we still have Wily's ghost messing up [parasitic bomb]?

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Something. I just think it makes little to no sense to have it connect.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Something. I just think it makes little to no sense to have it connect.
Yeah you got me there, it makes that Megaman, Bass, and Roll suddenly died or disappeared or something.  Protoman seems somewhat logical if his core is still messed up but yeah you have a point.

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Yeah you got me there, it makes that Megaman, Bass, and Roll suddenly died or disappeared or something.

I always(?) thought it'd be interesting if some of the Classic 'bots reappeared and were story-relevant, particularly Megaman. Have him work alongside X and stick around with the Maverick Hunters (and don't bust out the time travel shenanigans), so you can definitively say that he did not eventually become X (Inafune jossed that waaaay back in a pre-X1 interview, yet Capcom seems to very hush-hush about a potential connection).

...though, knowing modern-day Capcom, if they made a new X game and brought Rock back, they'd ignore what Inafune had to say about the Cataclysm and imply/outright state that Rock was the only survivor, just for the sake of grimderp.

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Good points guys i agree with most of your points especially having sigma as a removed as plot element so that the plot wouldn't be predictable and more interesting and also i would like more characters instead of X and Zero , like the green biker guy and it should be set in the interlude between those two series with the original Rock and Fort/Bass being infected.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Periods. Use them.

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
I did.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
I did.

Only one, but he implies you use more in that last post. Or... he doesn't like it if you use commas, in place of periods.

Actually, it applies to most of your posts, since the lack of periods, annoys him.

Fear me.

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Well if he doesn't like commas that is his problem not mine and there is no point to start an argument over small things and like i said i don`t want to argue over such small things.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
He's a mod and it's kind of part of the rules, I think.

Offline Cherrykorock

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Pb as always you use the least amount of words to astonishing effect!
Also i would like some reasoning to how Dr Light has so many armors for X lying around.
What if he accidentally mixed parts? Is that even possible? Why did are there so many damn armors? Was he expecting endless war?
All these questions and more, never to be answered every time on... Capcom!

Also the problem is in the creation of a run-on sentence which to some is irksome. I could care less. As long as you dont do the caps lock thing. :3

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
I wasn't trying to, nor am I, starting an argument. I'm trying to help you out with your sentence compositions.

For example, this post:

The story telling and more gameplay advancements, i would change X4 ,X5 , X6 , X7 and X8 because i think after X4 things started to get confusing a little bit , i think i would rather change the levels of X4,X5,X6 a bit because most of them feel recycled with bad CG and don`t stand out like they do in the Super Famicon/SNES X games and i think X7 should have had more time to be developed because it wasnt good but it wasnt as bad as people think , if they polished it more , it would've been something amazing if it had more time , the idea was actually pretty cool to have a 2D and 3D battlefield. I wish that X8 was like X7 but better and improved but they were scared from the fans being angry about X7, but if they took the risk to make X8 like X7 but better then that would be really amazing since then the X series could have advanced more further and i agree with the voice acting , they should have dual audio.

Commas don't help with everything. Actually, without periods, using commas constantly like that is almost as bad as having none. It's nothing more than run-on sentences.

You have two periods in this entire blob of text.

Just try to keep in mind that periods are your friend.

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
I did notice that i overused commas however for the most part i only use periods if either the text longer than 5 times and i use them to list stuff for example X4,X5,X6,X7 and X8 rather than using periods to list those items and if you felt offended then that was not my intention , i use commas as substitutes for and/or because i dont want my sentence to be full of and/or so i use commas instead and use periods to finish the subject i am talking about.

Offline Cherrykorock

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Text like you would talk. If it takes more than one breath to complete a line, break it up with a period.
If it is simply a pause, like this, use the comma.
It's really just for the sake of the reader you know?

I would also change the law in this world.
We have humans relying on reploids (that are able to turn maverick) stopping the mavericks. Are humans so weak they can do nothing? They have those sweet ride armors if nothing else. I assume they could use exo suits as well. Its just odd that the humans seem to have no back up for this [parasitic bomb].

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
I did notice that i overused commas however for the most part i only use periods if either the text longer than 5 times and i use them to list stuff for example X4,X5,X6,X7 and X8 rather than using periods to list those items and if you felt offended then that was not my intention , i use commas as substitutes for and/or because i dont want my sentence to be full of and/or so i use commas instead and use periods to finish the subject i am talking about.

You completely missed my point. And your last post alone makes no sense to me.

I tried to help you, but I guess I'll never get through. Oh well.

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
I'd change Sigma's name to Cigma and put a box of litanium rods in Spark Mandrill's stage

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
i guess your right Phi ,  i need to organize and shorten my posts and indeed stop using too many commas. I will edit my posts to make them neater and more readable. Like i said before i don't want to argue about something like this.

Anyway thanks for the help Phi , i should have accepted your advice earlier so sorry for being ignorant.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
No worries, man.

Making your posts easier to read is all I ask.